Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 52 of 112123 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 110111112
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:42 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:Actually, $200 each isn't such a bad deal for those items - assuming they actually are in the condition stated.

It isn't now, it doesn't seem that long ago that it seemed laughable.  What is going on with rares this year?  Prices are skyrocketing.

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:04 pm 

le Rahib wrote:
If I remember, I bid 666  :twisted:  USD on that lot. He won at 676  :evil: .
A 13 % margin... not bad.
But he must have a fair amount of money to immobilize.

Actually 13% is terrible.  Once he has to pay the ebay (and likely paypal) fees on that he's down to nearly no profit, in addition to having tied his cash up for so long plus the always possible risk you take during shipping high dollar items.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:24 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:
le Rahib wrote:
If I remember, I bid 666  :twisted:  USD on that lot. He won at 676  :evil: .
A 13 % margin... not bad.
But he must have a fair amount of money to immobilize.

Actually 13% is terrible.  Once he has to pay the ebay (and likely paypal) fees on that he's down to nearly no profit, in addition to having tied his cash up for so long plus the always possible risk you take during shipping high dollar items.

I was just thinking that - figure about $41.00 in ebay sell fees plus $23.50 in paypal fees.  To be honest, this lot has progressively gone down from $1799 to where it sold at $799.  At this point it was just a matter of getting back the investment.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:42 pm 

It'll probably end up being 100% profit. I imagine the items will be lost in shipping.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:00 am 

VERY BIG BUYER BEWARE

eBay listings

The guy from Ypsilanti Michigan who stole a bunch of people's money (including Marlith's) back around November is back up in operation again. I would strongly suggest avoiding this seller like the plague. This guy seems to be the newest albiet different version of jonb. This one just happens to reside in Michigan and not Virgina and could care less about auction descrition.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:41 am 

bclarkie wrote:VERY BIG BUYER BEWARE

eBay listings

The guy from Ypsilanti Michigan who stole a bunch of people's money (including Marlith's) back around November is back up in operation again. I would strongly suggest avoiding this seller like the plague. This guy seems to be the newest albiet different version of jonb. This one just happens to reside in Michigan and not Virgina and could care less about auction descrition.

Could you please explain why you say so?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:04 pm 

guerret wrote:Could you please explain why you say so?

Cheers for the heads-up BC. nice one, once again.

Guerret. take note of him when he does this. it is very rare that he is ever wrong and is scarily accurate with these predictions!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:19 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:Guerret. take note of him when he does this. it is very rare that he is ever wrong and is scarily accurate with these predictions!

Clarkie is rarely wrong about these things, but nobody ever believes him until it's too late...  But I'm also curious as to what tipped him off this time.

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:58 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Clarkie is rarely wrong about these things, but nobody ever believes him until it's too late...  But I'm also curious as to what tipped him off this time.

Yes, exactly. I'm not doubting him, but I would be curious as to why he says so.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:56 pm 

Its defintely the same guy trust me. Unfortuantely, I can't seem to remember what his old user ID was although it didn't last very long so that may be why. The link to the below auction listed below was removed, so I had no luck there either.  Here are the few posts that covered it in the Copyright Infringement thread(MrFilthyIke was a bit confunsed where to post it so he posted it there).

MrFilthyIke's first post back on November 3rd:
MrFilthyIke wrote: Creature D'anges: Women | eBay

Look at that feedback, maybe another Treasure Trove type "seller".  :?

Lordan's response:
Lordan wrote:
MrFilthyIke wrote: Creature D'anges: Women | eBay

Look at that feedback, maybe another Treasure Trove type "seller". :?

Looks like his stock is still going down....his positive feedback dropped 5% from last night when I looked at this thread   8O

and then my post:

bclarkie wrote:I am not sure this belongs in the copyright infringement thread, maybe the shady dealers thread. :wink:   Seriously though, I noticed that guy listing back a few weeks ago and just got a seriously bad feeling about him. He at the time of listing had something like over 250 auctions up and was a brand new user. 8O   It just screamed of fraud.  I also noticed at least 2 other sellers from that exact same town that he is from with low feedbacks also selling D&D stuff during the same time frame.  The worst part of it is if you look at his 2 positve feedbacks that he received, they were left by the buyer before he received the items.  That bidder for some reason leaves all of his feedback upon completion of the auction that e wins and not when he receives the items :roll:  How dumb can people be. :roll:

I can't believe nobody rememers him. He was a brand new EBayer, he was from Ypsilanti, Michigan and he listed like over 300 auctions over a five day span, A NEW USER.  8O  Anyway, one of the reasons that he was able to do so many auctions was because of his total lack of auction descriptions. Every freakin auction was like "Book in good condition." or "Book in Fair condition.  As you can see he is following the exact same pattern as being that every auction is "book in good condition" he has already listed 57 auctions in one day and I gaurentee more are too come. If I had any kids, I would be on their lives its the same guy. Honest. :) I would not go anywhere near the guy.  I am sure that if Marlith pokes his head in here, that he can alos verify the guys auctions being that the guy ripped him off. :x

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:38 pm 

bclarkie wrote:he was from Ypsilanti, Michigan

I used to live there (not that such news really affects anyone here). But I am sad that this clown is giving poor old Ypsi a bad name ... it's got enough troubles as it is, believe me.

bclarkie wrote:Every freakin auction was like "Book in good condition." or "Book in Fair condition.

Works for the Coug ... :roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:54 am 

The guy now has only 1 auction. I'm a bit confused as to what happened.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:20 am 

guerret wrote:The guy now has only 1 auction. I'm a bit confused as to what happened.

Actually, he is all the way up to 105..........

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:27 am 

bclarkie wrote:
guerret wrote:The guy now has only 1 auction. I'm a bit confused as to what happened.

He's clearing and reinserting his auctions...  :?

Edit: unless what I saw earlier was an eBay error? I swear that, following your link above, I saw only an auction, and it was in collectible/antiquities (or something like that), not in games.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:33 am 

guerret wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

He's clearing and reinserting his auctions...  :?

Edit: unless what I saw earlier was an eBay error? I swear that, following your link above, I saw only an auction, and it was in collectible/antiquities (or something like that), not in games.

Could be. :)  But as you can see he is slowly building his way back up to what is going to be several hundered auctions. :roll:  Bid at your own peril.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:35 am 

eBay.com Item Bid History

Kind of interesting turn this auction has taken, and I am not even refering to the 2 apparently fake bidders.  That Nocstar bidding pattern really doesn;t make much sense, or does it. :idea:

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:13 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Kind of interesting turn this auction has taken, and I am not even refering to the 2 apparently fake bidders.  That Nocstar bidding pattern really doesn;t make much sense, or does it. :idea:

He sounds familiar.  
Is he someone here??

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:30 am 

I see the name from time to time in auctions I follow but I just assumed he was pushing up the bid to see how high it would go as obviously the Acaeum was a fake bid. If he's willing to actually pay the $3200.00 he's a braver man than I  8O

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 52 of 112123 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 110111112