Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 51 of 112123 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:43 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
Xaxaxe wrote:*raises hand*

No Powerseller logo?

That's bad news.  I'd hate it if my "-titanium" search term stopped blocking his auctions. :?

Don't worry, Titanium is still a huge player on his about me page.
I wonder if he voluntarily got rid of the logo.  When you carry the PS logo you are also liable for certain conditions, and I think one of them is that you agree to refund a disatisfied seller at any time.  Wonder if someone finally called him on that....and he decided to not display the logo.

Mike B.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:43 pm 

guerret wrote:
Xaxaxe wrote:Also, if you set the default to "200 listings," you could scan through his feddback fairly quickly. Note the number of neutrals and negatives that specifically mention the M-bag problem. Also, note his stock response to every complaint.

Or simpler, you could go to toolhaus.org and only select his negatives:

toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=cougarri ... eceived+by

Oh, thats funny.  Here is my feedback:
Dishonest, unfriendly, unprofessional, untruthful, rude, vulgar, & threatening
 Seller   tonyas-games ( 6666)  

Heh, that guy bought a big bag of mixed stuff, plus is couple items, and we agreed on $275, then he scammed me good!  (I had to borrow money from my dad for books, and you do NOT want to owe that guy money, I had to do the dishes, and the laundry, and the packing and all kinds of chores for no pay until I paid him back, it was like indentured servitude!)

Thanks for posting that link, I will book mark that.  Btw, this site sucks when doing AOL, i have to keep swithing over to internet explorer.  In case nodoby knew that, you know.....

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:44 pm 

Badmike wrote:When you carry the PS logo you are also liable for certain conditions, and I think one of them is that you agree to refund a disatisfied seller at any time.

Interesting... I never knew that!

*files for reference*. Thanks. :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:48 pm 

Badmike wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:That's bad news.  I'd hate it if my "-titanium" search term stopped blocking his auctions. :?

Don't worry, Titanium is still a huge player on his about me page.
I wonder if he voluntarily got rid of the logo.  When you carry the PS logo you are also liable for certain conditions, and I think one of them is that you agree to refund a disatisfied seller at any time.  Wonder if someone finally called him on that....and he decided to not display the logo.

Mike B.

I guess I was wrong, I didn't see any menion of the above policy on the Powersellers page. I swear it used to be, I distinctly remember it being one of the conditions, oh well, I haven't checked the criteria in awhile.  Below is the criteria for being a PS, wonder what rule Cougie might have violated?

Criteria    

PowerSeller membership is FREE to qualified sellers. eBay automatically invites qualified sellers via email.

Criteria  

To qualify, members must:

Uphold the eBay community values, including honesty, timeliness and mutual respect
Average a minimum of $1000 in sales per month, for three consecutive months
Achieve an overall Feedback rating of 100, of which 98% or more is positive
Have been an active member for 90 days
Have an account in good financial standing
Not violate any severe policies in a 60-day period
Not violate three or more of any eBay policies in a 60-day period
Maintain a minimum of 4 average monthly listings for the past 3 months
PowerSeller program eligibility is reviewed every month. To remain PowerSellers, members must:

Uphold eBay community values, including honesty, timeliness, and mutual respect
Maintain the minimum average monthly sales amount for your PowerSeller level
Maintain a 98% positive total feedback rating
Maintain an account in good financial standing
Comply with all eBay listing and marketplace policies--Not violate any severe policies in a 60 day period and not violate three or more of any eBay policies in a 60-day period
If you would like help growing your business to a level that qualifies you for the PowerSeller Program, please contact our OnRamp program at 866-304-EBAY to learn proven selling strategies. Provide the referral code "PowerSeller" to get started today!

PowerSeller Levels  

There are 5 tiers that distinguish PowerSellers, based upon their average monthly sales total. Some benefits and services vary with each tier. eBay automatically calculates eligibility each month and notifies qualified sellers via email.

Sales Criteria for each PowerSeller tier  

Bronze Silver Gold Platinum Titanium
$1,000 $3,000 $10,000 $25,000 $150,000

How PowerSeller Feedback is calculated  

The 98% or better positive Feedback rating for PowerSeller program eligibility is calculated differently than the site Feedback rating visible on the Seller Information and Member Profile pages.  The Feedback percentage seen on the rest of the site is calculated based on Feedback only from unique users.  The PowerSeller Feedback score is calculated based on total user Feedback to better reflect the fact that many PowerSellers have satisfied, repeat buyers.  eBay calculates PowerSeller Feedback  by taking the total number of positive Feedbacks and dividing them by the total number of Feedbacks (both positive and negative).
For general Feedback information, click here.

How compliance with marketplace policies is calculated  

To comply, you must not violate any severe policies and you must not violate three or more of any eBay policy in a 60-day period.

Below is a chart of example policies that you must not violate:

Severe policies:  Examples of other policies:
Shill Bidding
Misrepresentation of Identity - User (inc. Transaction Interception)
Site Interference
Section 9 Fraud
Unwelcome Bidder (Malicious Buying)
Transaction Interference
User Agreement violations that are not List Practices
Keyword Spamming
Links Policy
Choice Listings
Misleading Titles
Payment Surcharges
Spam
No Item Listings
Categorization of Listings

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:50 pm 

Man, you guys are brutal.
Perfect description: Back when I was younger, my buddy set me up on a blind date with the friend of a girl he wanted to go out with. He knew my one rule: No scale-tippers. "She's pretty hot. You really gotta do this for me" I get. So I go, we meet them at the movies, and the girl barely fit in her seat. I let her hold the popcorn because I was afraid I'd hand the bucket to her and draw back a stump.
I got Cougared by my friend. What a Maxwell.
Cougar=promising something and delivering something else entirely, or not at all, and constantly whining.
Maxwell=asshole.

About right?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:52 pm 

Sales Criteria for each PowerSeller tier  

Bronze Silver Gold Platinum Titanium
$1,000 $3,000 $10,000 $25,000 $150,000

Why does the Kitty continue to embarrass himself and insist he's making over a million dollars a year?  I am reading that right, Titanium PS is an average sales of 150k a month?  

What an M-Bag this guy is.

Mike B.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:57 pm 

Badmike wrote:Uphold the eBay community values, including honesty, timeliness and mutual respect

I know I'm being woefully naive here, but does anyone think it's possible that someone at eBay simply reviewed his feedback? Or, more specifically, his feedback responses? There is a definite pattern of abuse there, and one that is light-years away from "mutual respect."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:08 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:
Badmike wrote:Uphold the eBay community values, including honesty, timeliness and mutual respect

I know I'm being woefully naive here, but does anyone think it's possible that someone at eBay simply reviewed his feedback? Or, more specifically, his feedback responses? There is a definite pattern of abuse there, and one that is light-years away from "mutual respect."

I wish I could believe that.  I know for myself the feeling of defeat when you report a bad seller and nothing happens from ebay, and some have been tons worse than even Cougie.  I've seen "Powersellers" with hundreds of negs still having the logo.  I mean, it's possible Ebay has tightened up it's program in this regard, but I'm too cynical to believe so based on past evidence.  It would be nice indeed if they actually started enforcing their own criteria.
  But they need to have Coug remove the Titantium PS bullshit from his About Me page, that's a disgrace.

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:19 pm 

Tonya King wrote:Oh, thats funny.  Here is my feedback:
Dishonest, unfriendly, unprofessional, untruthful, rude, vulgar, & threatening
 Seller   tonyas-games ( 6666)  

Heh, that guy bought a big bag of mixed stuff, plus is couple items, and we agreed on $275, then he scammed me good!  (I had to borrow money from my dad for books, and you do NOT want to owe that guy money, I had to do the dishes, and the laundry, and the packing and all kinds of chores for no pay until I paid him back, it was like indentured servitude!)

Thanks for posting that link, I will book mark that.  Btw, this site sucks when doing AOL, i have to keep swithing over to internet explorer.  In case nodoby knew that, you know.....

Quite odd that, after all this, you agreed on a mutual retraction. Sincerely, I wouldn't have unless he gave me the due money.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:36 am 

bombadil wrote:
Kingofpain89 wrote:

I just remembered that a Beastmaker Mtn. just sold so of course I had to go check out the user info for Barents1234.  Been an Ebay user for one month but the address is Michigan...not Virginia.

But I noticed this when I checked out the users feedback:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... arents1234
Look closely and you will notice what looks to be a slight against everyone's favorite seller from the U.K.  :D

Hmmm, interesting observation, King.  That's quite a volume of sales in a little over one month, isn't it?  And there's a "b" in the username, plus a series of digits.  Might be interesting to keep an eye on that one.  I see at least one Acaeum member has bought from them, so maybe they can shed some light on it.

I got my barents1234 item today.  The shipping was ever so slightly long, but I bet there was a lot to pack and ship.  The item was in great shape...probably sat on a shelf for 20+ years.  So, no complaints here.  I left positive feeback.    :D

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:41 am 

Reindeergamez wrote:
Deadlord39 wrote:
If it makes you feel any better, I thought you had a decent face and rack. I didn't examine the pic closely.

Okay...  I think I have officially decided that I will NEVER post a pic of myself on the internet, and in fact I'm going to start watching for accidental reflections in shiny cover books.  I'm frightened as to what the concensus might be on my "rack"  *grin*

I don't know...  Winterwords sent me a picture of her tatoo.  Very interesting.  

Just so long as none of you guys start posting your pictures.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:46 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:This is more of a general question than a complaint against a specific seller.  I am not an eBay newbie, but I don't have the collective experience of you all.

I bought a TSR box that was described as missing only one part.  When it arrived yesterday, it was missing the one part and one map and a book.  Normally, I would be a little miffed.

However, the box also has an issue of Polyhedron, a Traveller 2300 supplement, three different first edition Toon books, two AD&D 2e DM screens, one AD&D 2e Master Index, and a first printing of the AD&D Lankhmar City of Adventure book.

The question is this:  What happened here?  (Did the seller knowingly short me and try to placate me by packing in obviously unrelated products?  Was he unaware of the missing items and packed in the extras to be nice?  Did he not examine the box's contents before he sold it?)

*snaps awake*

Toon books?  Hmmmm.    :P

Lankhmar?  Hmmmmm.    :P

You were probably just gonna throw em out, right?  Where did you say your trashcan was?  :wink:

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:07 am 

guerret wrote:
Xaxaxe wrote:Also, if you set the default to "200 listings," you could scan through his feddback fairly quickly. Note the number of neutrals and negatives that specifically mention the M-bag problem. Also, note his stock response to every complaint.

Or simpler, you could go to toolhaus.org and only select his negatives:

toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=cougarri ... eceived+by

Yikes!   8O

It is almost hypnotic...the bad feedback just goes on and on and on and they all say the same things!

Thought some people must have been exagerating.  Nope.   8O

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:13 am 

faro wrote:Looks like this thread charged back to the coug, for a change...

Badmike wrote:"Well, when the multi level marketing guy started his spiel, I could just see an M-Bag coming.  I got out of there before I got cougared like all the other poor schleps at the meeting."

Nice one, Mike! :lol:

Sounds better than being jonbeed, too.

You see...the thing is...when I first read "M-Bag" in a post about cougarrinard I thought it was an insult....   8O

I mean, "M-Bag" sounds like some sort of feminine hygene product and I thought you were calling him an "M-Bag."   :D

I thought, "Bleh...that sounds really gross!"

"Oh, yeah, cougar?  Yeah, he's a real M-Bag."

Mark   :x

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:20 am 

Oh...I guess I have a lot of consecutive posts.  There were a lot of topics posted on this strand in a very short time.

I guess I'm trying keep ahead of Axe.   :lol:

Mark   8)

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:12 pm 

Is there anyone on the Net that hasn't been scammed by cougar yet? Heh. Why hasn't eBay done anything with him by now? After reading all that negative feeback about him, eBay should create a Hall of Shame for the champions of scam, so people can see who not to deal with.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:45 pm 

Varl wrote:Is there anyone on the Net that hasn't been scammed by cougar yet? Heh. Why hasn't eBay done anything with him by now? After reading all that negative feeback about him, eBay should create a Hall of Shame for the champions of scam, so people can see who not to deal with.

Why do you think he begs for positive feedbacks on every transaction he makes? I believe he just strives to keep a decent ratio.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:26 am 

Looks like creep finally sold this:

D D AD D RPGA R SERIES COMPLETE R 1 thru R 4 F VF | eBay

Who knows maybe this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... _Stores_IT

Is next

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 51 of 112123 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 110111112