Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 48 of 112123 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 110111112
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:47 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:
Something tells me that JonB is about ready for a re-boot ... I believe this would be JonB version 4.0, right?

Does that mean JonB is actually worse than version 3.5? 8O  
(Just to re-ignite the old 'original/AD&D v 3rd edition' debate :twisted: ) :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:42 pm 

Titan Games Owner wrote:
Badmike wrote:
  As one of the writers who kept this thread going, and focused it on Tonya's Games (although I don't believe I resorted to any personal attacks at any time), I can give you a few bits of unsolicited advice that you may never see...
Mike B.

Mike, I printed your post and will give it to Tonya when she comes in today.  

Thanks for the well intended advice, that was kind of you.

Marcus King
Titan Games Owner
Proud Father of Tonya King
877-542-6377 to yell at Marcus, direct and toll free!

I want you to know as stated elsewhere that the suggestions are sincere.  Tonya should benefit from others making the same mistakes (and I for one have made a TON in my time)  8O  
    One thing I learned quickly is that in business as life, perception is reality.  I've had guys I've absolutely hated online, gotten into raging flamewars on forums with the dudes, and then met them in real life and suddenly we are having a beer somewhere laughing about it.  I think you've changed a lot of perceptions about Titan just by coming on here and politely stating your viewpoint (as a contrast, we all remember Creepies appaling remarks here last year).  Members may still have the same impressions about your company or how it does business but I fail to see how their impressions of you would not be skewed at least a little by your posts.  

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:52 pm 

AdderMcOne wrote:Xaxaxe wrote:
Something tells me that JonB is about ready for a re-boot ... I believe this would be JonB version 4.0, right?

Does that mean JonB is actually worse than version 3.5? 8O  
(Just to re-ignite the old 'original/AD&D v 3rd edition' debate :twisted: ) :wink:

We will all count on BC to sniff out Eastern Treasure Chest/Game Emporium/Jon B when he finally returns.  BC is Jon's separated at birth twin, Jon B represents BC's dark side that was split from him through certain mystical ceremonies, which accounts for the connection between the two. I think we are due for a resurgence, as seen by the pattern below:

Eastern Treasure Chest: Oct 2000-March 03
Games Emporium: Jan 04-August 04
Jonb: March 05-July 05

When you see the Mayfair Beastmakers and such you'll know it's him.

mIke B.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:15 pm 

Badmike wrote:

mIke B.

I just remembered that a Beastmaker Mtn. just sold so of course I had to go check out the user info for Barents1234.  Been an Ebay user for one month but the address is Michigan...not Virginia.

But I noticed this when I checked out the users feedback:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... arents1234
Look closely and you will notice what looks to be a slight against everyone's favorite seller from the U.K.  :D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:30 pm 

That's not our UK guy . . . that's someone else with a name almost exactly the same.

Interesting . . .

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:57 pm 

Dangit, i was trying to post in response to your post mike, but I kept getting your text in the window, too.  I hope I finally got that out.  :)   I changed my about me page as per your suggestions.  I would appreciate it if you review it and give me any other input you might have.  Bye the way do you have a spell checker on this thing> I can't find it.  Anyway, I am sorry that my post on my about me page was considered offensive in lite of Melissa's supposed illness.  I didn't know what else to say, and I thought saying nothing was the worst idea - evidently not, huh?  I also, finally, got some polite emails from folks on here, to which I have to say thanks - much better than the vulgar posts I got earlier!  And, sorry about posting the email addy of the vulgar post, didn't realize that was a no-no on forums, and if I had, I guess I might still have posted it, cause I felt it was way over the top abusive - just being honest with you guys.  And, hey, this is why your comments really upset me:  I am a GAMER.  Like you guys, even more than my DAD, I actually still PLAY D&D (yeah, 3.5 mostly, but I also have all the 1st ed books, too!) and when you guys went to school, did you ever get picked on by the cool kids and the jock-kids about carrying around your game books?  Well, I did - so the last thing I expected was to get attacked by "my own kind of people" on something!  And, for those who were upset about the cancer thing, and Melissa - all I can say is my GrandMother died of breast cancer, my Grandfather of a Brain Tumor, and both were awful to endure.  I was so MAD at Melissa for tricking me, I wanted to just spit on her!!!    You guys try to be at least a LITTLE nice, I don't like being called a Gully Dwarf, or having people say that my figure is bad, or I look awful in my chainmail Bikini or Chainmail Dress or my Dirndl (Authentic Bavarian Dress I picked up with visiting the BBU in Germany) (BBU: Biological Birth Unit - not really my "mom" so much as the woman who birthed me, and then abandoned me, but that is a story for another day).  okay, bye for now, Tonya

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:04 pm 

Hey Tonya,  

I like your "About Me" page.  It even made me laugh a little . . .  :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:12 pm 

Tonya King wrote:You guys try to be at least a LITTLE nice, I don't like being called a Gully Dwarf, or having people say that my figure is bad, or I look awful in my chainmail Bikini or Chainmail Dress or my Dirndl (Authentic Bavarian Dress I picked up with visiting the BBU in Germany)

If it makes you feel any better, I thought you had a decent face and rack. I didn't examine the pic closely. I've been mistaken several times for David Attell, so I think Brad Pitt won't be too worried. I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you.
What you might want to do is contribute some posts to the forum. I can tell you from experience that issues here tend to be forgotten/forgiven over time.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:28 pm 

Frank,

Did anyone ever tell you that you have the soul of a poet?  

The beginning of your post was so touching it brought a tear to my eye.  :D

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:00 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:
Tonya King wrote:You guys try to be at least a LITTLE nice, I don't like being called a Gully Dwarf, or having people say that my figure is bad, or I look awful in my chainmail Bikini or Chainmail Dress or my Dirndl (Authentic Bavarian Dress I picked up with visiting the BBU in Germany)

If it makes you feel any better, I thought you had a decent face and rack. I didn't examine the pic closely.

Okay...  I think I have officially decided that I will NEVER post a pic of myself on the internet, and in fact I'm going to start watching for accidental reflections in shiny cover books.  I'm frightened as to what the concensus might be on my "rack"  *grin*

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:05 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:The question is this:  What happened here?  (Did the seller knowingly short me and try to placate me by packing in obviously unrelated products?  Was he unaware of the missing items and packed in the extras to be nice?  Did he not examine the box's contents before he sold it?)

John, you've actually already hit on the only two possibilities I can think of (both of which, BTW, have happened to me, and, I suspect, many others here):

1. You ran into a disorganized seller. The guy has literally lost track of what has been placed in what box.

2. You ran into a seller trying to cover up. He thinks throwing random items into a box will keep any negative feedback at bay.

Nothing else makes much sense. Let us know what the eventual resolution to the situation turns out to be.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:08 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Badmike wrote:

mIke B.

I just remembered that a Beastmaker Mtn. just sold so of course I had to go check out the user info for Barents1234.  Been an Ebay user for one month but the address is Michigan...not Virginia.

But I noticed this when I checked out the users feedback:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... arents1234
Look closely and you will notice what looks to be a slight against everyone's favorite seller from the U.K.  :D

Hmmm, interesting observation, King.  That's quite a volume of sales in a little over one month, isn't it?  And there's a "b" in the username, plus a series of digits.  Might be interesting to keep an eye on that one.  I see at least one Acaeum member has bought from them, so maybe they can shed some light on it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:23 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:That's not our UK guy . . . that's someone else with a name almost exactly the same.

Someone — on purpose — signed up for "cougarrinards" as a user ID? Uh ... why?

:?  :?  :?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:23 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:
Deadlord39 wrote:
If it makes you feel any better, I thought you had a decent face and rack. I didn't examine the pic closely.

Okay...  I think I have officially decided that I will NEVER post a pic of myself on the internet, and in fact I'm going to start watching for accidental reflections in shiny cover books.  I'm frightened as to what the concensus might be on my "rack"  *grin*

You do realize you're practically asking for a poll.  Where is bclarkie, anyway?

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:29 pm 

FWIW, I've bought from Titan and Tonya in the past and had no problems but having been hammered years ago, I always check S&H and bid accordingly. That said, attacking a lady's appearance just seems out of line.

"Surely you don't disbelieve the prophecies just because you had a hand in bringing them about?" J.R.R. Tolkien

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:35 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:1. You ran into a disorganized seller. The guy has literally lost track of what has been placed in what box.

Ah, yes, quoting yourself — a sign of true desperation. :)

I just wanted to add that the nicest Original set I ever owned came from a disorganized seller (in the midst of a bunch of wargames, IIRC). And the books were in great shape, too ... unfortunately, as far as specific printings go, I had not yet discoved The Acaeum ... so I have no idea (the books were re-sold fairly quickly).

Okay, I'll stop quoting myself now. :oops:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:56 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:[Someone — on purpose — signed up for "cougarrinards" as a user ID?

Not quite...look closely it's: cougarinnards

i.e., cougar innards  :D

They have low but good feedback, although they've only gotten 1 feedback in the last few months.

My guess is it is a 2nd account someone started as a joke and they only use it rarely. As to why....only "puma guts" knows.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:02 pm 

Son of a ...

It is "Cougar innards" ... that's actually funnier; it makes me think of what our Cougar's innards are full of.*

***** VULGARITY ALERT *****

* poo-poo

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 48 of 112123 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 110111112