Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 112123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 110111112
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:34 pm 

There once was a man from Nantucket . . .

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:47 pm 

^^
:)

That's better than anything I've got at the moment ...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:09 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:
Deadlord39 wrote:BTW, Xax, whether it's you or someone you care about that is suffering, you know you have the support and best wishes of everyone here.

Thank you.

Just to be clear, my health is fine (well, for a guy who could stand to exercise a little bit more, that is). But I have seen many loved ones go into the ground over the past three of four years following losing battles with cancer. I suppose I've totally over-reacted to Tonya's "About Me" page ... but, honestly, it's been a long time since I've been that angry.

just on that point too, my g/f (sorta on n off anyway) has had breast cancer and has been through about 8 months of chemo, so anyone who slates anybody about cancer REALLY pisses me off so say the least. for a human person, its just about as insensitive as you can possibly get, and those kinda things are utterly unforgiveable no matter what excuses or apologies follow.

regardless of whatever shit gets thrown backwards and forwards, comments directed at ppl who have genuine ailments that are beyond their control ..... THEM are the ones that you should be ashamed of as a good person. for someone who also goes to church..... well i need say no more.

awful.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:43 pm 

Eh... might as well use this thread for another shady dealer, other than the above (if that's permitted ;))

====

Seller: <caliverbooks>
Purchase: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8769274665

I read their postage and terms & conditions from the top of the auction page and, since those were clear, did not scroll all the way down to the end of the page to spot the compulsory add-on contrary to their own Ts&Cs.
Silly me...

Note to seller.
harami2000 wrote:Hello there,

I've raised a complaint with eBay since your charge for insurance is excessive (£2.50 vs. 66p actual charge for recorded delivery) and has been applied in a mandatory fashion despite your Terms and Conditions - which I read as requested - stating that insurance was OPTIONAL.
(And I quote ====>
Items posted at buyers risk. Insurance available at an extra £2.50. ITEMS LOST IN TRANSIT WITHOUT INSURANCE WILL NOT BE REFUNDED OR REPLACED ).

Please resolve this illegal surcharge on a service and clarify your auction text for future auctions.

If you have now decided that insurance is mandatory (contrary to your own terms and conditions), please levy this at ACTUAL cost of 66p which I will be happy to pay.

Kind regards,
David. (harami2000)

It might be "only" an extra £1.84 that they're extracting as a surcharge from each buyer, but those add up.

Noted as they have other RPG & wargame items and may tempt other buyers from here in future.

=
Further message sent to seller to invite their reply here.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:31 pm 

Tonya King wrote:Well  I sure see why my dad didn't mention this to me.  But, a  fellow with the email address of [email protected] sent me a verrrrrry vulgar email attack - through eBay, even though I don't think I have ever sold him anything or met him and pointed me to this site.  I can say I won't be back (here), and that your comments did, indeed, hurt my feelings.  How can people call me a gully dwarf who never met me?  How come so many people how never met me hate me so much?  I used to be proud to call my self a gamer, thinking that we at least shared a love of something common, and a tollerance of one another.    What an EYE opener!!!!!!

The personal attacks were not warranted, Tonya.  People get incensed in their opinions and say stupid things.  

That being said, consider that with this lot of seasoned gaming veterans, "Gully Dwarf" may in fact be a compliment.  If they hated you, they would have called you a half-dragon/half-troll/half-otyugh barbarian/enchanter/anti-paladin/monk/ranger, or whatever the 3rd edition folks are playing these days...  :wink:

YIM  

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:48 pm 

bombadil wrote:Anybody remember the exact ebay id jonb used in his last incarnation?

Something tells me that JonB is about ready for a re-boot ... I believe this would be JonB version 4.0, right? I hope I'm wrong, but I've just got a real sinking feeling in my stomach. It's either a JonB alert or else I need to use the bathroom ... I often confuse the two.

However, the good news is that I have no doubt that Brian or someone else here will flush him out within 12 hours if he does attempt a comeback.

And isn't Maxwell long overdue to sign on here as "Wexllam" or "Laxmewl" or some other clever name?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:49 pm 

Yeah, Gully Dwarves....don't knock 'em if you haven't tried 'em!   :lol:

Personally, Neo-Otyugh shmegma would have really pissed me off....or maybe being labelled a Dirty Sanchez from a Roper....Gully dwarf in the whole scheme of things ain't that bad....

I'm glad that things didn't get worse here. The good thing is: People's issues were aired and heard very clearly. Also, Tonya was invited to respond and she did, in her fashion. The Not So Good: there was some emotion-driven mudslinging that didn't really accomplish much. Might have felt good, and I understand that, too. But throwing dirt at people only takes solid ground out from under your own feet, or at least that's what The Waterboy's Momma says...

It could have been worse.

Tonya: You can learn a bit about better business practices and communication from all this. Don't write these guys off as they have a considerable amount of disposable income for YOUR product. And these guys didn't just start firing because they are trolls or bored or whatever. They had a serious beef that needed to be addressed. You made mistakes, and need to own them. It will probably be a while before any of them want to buy from you, though. Yes, I am gifted when it comes to understatement.

It shouldn't have devolved to personal slamming regarding appearances (myself, in the words of Edmund Blackadder, I look like a bird that swallowed a plate...) but the guys here 'fessed up and owned up...good enough.

Hey DeadLord! You ain't that insensitive....then again, V day has come and gone and where are my damn roses?

Rob

Bree-Yark!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:56 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Something tells me that JonB is about ready for a re-boot ... I believe this would be JonB version 4.0, right?

Hrmm.... Not a pleasant thought for the day for many people here, that.

Xaxaxe wrote:And isn't Maxwell long overdue to sign on here as "Wexllam" or "Laxmewl"...

Sounds more like a Max-Cougar hybrid. Image  *shudders*

*jk* ;)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:25 pm 

RWilson wrote:Yeah, Gully Dwarves....don't knock 'em if you haven't tried 'em!   :lol:

Rob, is it me and my weird old-new-hybrid-Macintosh set-up, or is your avatar not showing up alongside your posts?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:32 pm 

No it isn't you....Yeah, I can't even remember what I had as an avatar- it never did load up or whatever. I think it was a really goofy picture of a kid with nunchucks in a dumpster or something....oh well...

Bree-Yark!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:41 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:
RWilson wrote:Yeah, Gully Dwarves....don't knock 'em if you haven't tried 'em!   :lol:

Rob, is it me and my weird old-new-hybrid-Macintosh set-up, or is your avatar not showing up alongside your posts?

It's an invalid link to http://c:/stonebones.jpg

You can't do that, it is looking for the file "stonebones.jpg" on each person's local hard drive, and not finding it.

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:57 pm 

Oops...sorry....I'll get my crap straightened out here one of these days....

Bree-Yark!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:08 pm 

Rob, since I'm the one who brought it up, I'll throw out an offer: send me the jpeg and I'll host the image for you (I rent server space from Apple; I've got plenty of room). Or just try again to modify your Acaeum profile; it sounds like perhaps you missed a step at some point.

If you want me to host an image, just attach it and send to: [email protected]

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:23 pm 

Wow, looks like I missed a lot today. 8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:38 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Here is the start of the list

caliverbooks

defreville43

Please feel free to add any others!!

David, this thread was started in direct reponse to Caliverbooks by Blackmoor way back last February.  

<*in Darth Vader voice>* The circle is now complete....... :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:44 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Wow, looks like I missed a lot today. 8O

Or not much at all — it depends on your point of view.

FWIW, helping to fan the flames of anti-Titan sentiment by posting while very, very angry ... probably not one of my better ideas. But, thankfully, with so many people here having so many collecting-related things to discuss, the flames will die down sooner rather than later ... they always do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:51 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Wow, looks like I missed a lot today. 8O

Or not much at all — it depends on your point of view.

FWIW, helping to fan the flames of anti-Titan sentiment by posting while very, very angry ... probably not one of my better ideas. But, thankfully, with so many people here having so many collecting-related things to discuss, the flames will die down sooner rather than later ... they always do.

Well, look at this way, beyond the personal attacks about appearances and what not,  at least a lot of "real" issues got some well deserved attention today. :wink:  Hopefully this all will be a learning experience for all parties.

Then again, the folks here can be a pretty tough crowd. 8O

*<makes note to self: stear clear of the wrong side of the Acaeum forum>* :P

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:54 pm 

Cheers, Brian!
bclarkie wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:Here is the start of the list
caliverbooks
defreville43
Please feel free to add any others!!

David, this thread was started in direct reponse to Caliverbooks by Blackmoor way back last February.  
<*in Darth Vader voice>* The circle is now complete....... :D

Oh, darn.... :( :(

*waves to Jeff*. Erm, thanks for the warning. :?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 112123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 110111112