Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 46 of 112123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 110111112
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:25 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:However, this is turning into a huge tirade against Tonya, who isn't here to defend herself.

It takes roughly 12.6 seconds to open an account here. Bring her on.

Also, John, Tonya has no problem making things as personal as possible — as Clarkie asked, have you even read the stuff we're referring to? :? — so it's the height of wishful thinking if she assumes she won't also be attacked (especially at the site of a D&D collecting community).

Finally, from a personal standpoint, the fact that she would include sneering references to how unreliable those darn cancer patients can be ... well, I'm not going to let that one go. Cancer is a huge part of everyday life for me, and to use someone else's illness the way she is doing is way, way beyond the pale.*

+++++

*If she's even telling the truth about any part of her set-up, that is. Really, who knows? I think it's pretty well established that she has no problem with changing facts to suit her needs.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:35 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:And on a side note to Xaxaxe.  Please do us all a favor and change your avatar.  One of my cats retch every time they see it...and frankly I get a bit queasy as well.  :P

It's changed. It wasn't going to be up for much longer, anyway; avatar humor has a very short shelf-life.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:42 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Why post personal attacks on Tonya here?  I fail to see what constructive purpose the attacks serve.

She charges too much for shipping and apparently leaves nasty feedback.  Don't tell me that this warrants the venom on this thread.

As the one who first started posting Tonya's customer rants, I feel a little responsible for all the vitriol.  While most of it has had me laughing until tears ran down my face, I think the personal attacks area little much. The only purpose was to point out the crappy business practices of confronting and insulting customers, then leaving it out in the open (the feedbacks where she calls her customers "cyber stalkers" and "morons") where other potential customers can view them.  Also, I've always been annoyed by the "I'm just a college student don't hold me to the standards of other dealers" when she is selling twice what most of us here sell in a month, and not really doing anything except sending confrontational feedback (the listers and the packers appear to be doing the majority of the work) that I can see, topped off with her deflection of blame in screwing up orders (doesn't seem real well equipped to actually be running a business).  
        I think we should save the venom for real criminals like the Jonbs, Cougars, Creeps and Keep/borderlands  of the world.  Tonya may be a sorry businesswoman but probably doesn't deserve the Maxwell treatment. And Sardul/Brian is not related to the Kings in any way, he shouldn't have to defend them.
  But as long as Tonya keeps throwing out bon mots like the above, I'll keep posting them for entertainment purposes.  Honestly, I think she needs a good business advisor telling her to just shut up and let someone else handle it.  Maybe Brian can provide that presence.
  I think Gully Dwarves are HOT :wink:

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:12 pm 

Two things about the anger here...

First, from what I can see Tonya isn't all that bad looking.  In fact, as gamer girls go she qualifies as hot.     :)   Attacking her appearance doesn't seem fair or accurate to me. Is anyone else here all that good looking?  (I mean, aside from grodog, who is clearly a ladies man.    :lol:  )

Second, Tonya is right about one thing:  This is game books, not human kidneys.   8O

We're talking about a high shipping costs and some ill-advised email behavior...not Soviet incursions into Afghanistan.  

We're all rich people (everything is relative) who spend our money collecting game nostalgia.

I mean...it's not like Tonya was one of the officials at the Super Bowl, or something heinous like that.   :wink:

Tonya needs encouragement and possibly lessons in communication and business ettiquette.  If nothing else, she is a lady and attacking her looks seems (betraying my age) a bit ungentlemanly.   :)

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:29 pm 

Yeah.....maybe the personal attacks are not really justified....but I know how satisfying it can be to sling a little acid...and that whole cancer thing is not a good element (in fact it is not at all respectful of the employee- really unpleasant insight into yet another facet of Tonya's business practices)to introduce to any business segment- I wonder how that employee feels if it is true? .....just don't do business with the distasteful parties in question.  I have to deal with many questionable parties over the course of the business day and information is infinitely more effective than insults. It's good to know that this is not someone worth doing business with and for that I'm grateful to the dudes who got this one started.

From a legitimately curious standpoint it would be good to get the Tonyas Games etc corner to enter the conversation so as to hear their side....then again, silence can be profoundly eloquent....  :roll:

Bree-Yark!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:33 am 

RWilson wrote:
From a legitimately curious standpoint it would be good to get the Tonyas Games etc corner to enter the conversation so as to hear their side....then again, silence can be profoundly eloquent....  :roll:

In regards to this, Titan games owner Marcus King has posted a "rebuttal" of sorts in the two other threads with "Titan" in the title.  His post does clear up one or two points being made my myself and others.  Also, he's far more eloquent than the nutcase freak ramblings of prior targets like Creep and Maxwell.

Mike B.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:11 am 

First, let me say, that after reading THIS thread, where people have attacked my daughter for everything from her appearance, to her grammar, I find it remarkably repulsive.  Shame on you, supposedly adult men, to say such things about my daughter!

If you were trying to hurt someone, you succeeded.

I can not possibly address that further without being a vulgar ass, and I think that position has been rather well represented.

Now, to specific complaints:

A.  Melissa never had cancer, she faked an illness in an attempt to get out of repaying a large loan she had taken with her employer (me) and to cop out on not doing her assistance with Tonya, and even to try to get out of paying her babysitter.  We all knew this at the time Tonya had to explain something on her about me page.  Evidently, Melissa found it MUCH faster to do her job for Tonya (pulling orders) ff she simply threw away about 30% of the invoices (talk about angry customers!!!!!)

So, for the past week, Tonya has been dealing with customer complaints nightly.  She says she has finally got caught up, but my GAWD the amount of mess that was made!!  Simply astonishing how many people who had paid, and been told their items had shipped, had simply been LIED to by Melissa.

B.  My daughter is an honest, hardworking girl with too much lip, and perhaps a bit too much self respect for some people's taste.  Internet bullies, and you darn well know they exist, like to try to push people around, and this has occured to Tonya more than a few times.

C.  She also has had some problems lately, and exaserbated several honest bidders on eBay, and (frankly) screwed up on at least 2 buyers, who were both repeat customer of Titan Games, and whom called me with their concerns.

Look, guys, she is working her way through college.  She is not (from daddy's view) even an adult yet, (though she is 20) and she needs a bit of understanding time to time.  I realize that ain't your concern, but is attacking my daughter so much fun?

However, as I have said before, if you have a problem with Titan Games, call me.  As Tonya's Dad, if you have a problem with her, call me too.

I also appreciate those loyal friends I have who have tried to mitigate the problems here.

When it's all said and done, I am confident that Tonya will refund anyone who didn't get their item, send things that weren't sent on time, and fix problems whenever possible.  And, in my opinion, that is all she really owes anyone.

I think this will be my last post for a while.  I was shocked to read the terrible jokes and mean things said about my daughter.  Again, my phone number:
877-542-6377

My sincere apologies if this post came off harshly, I rewrote it several times in an attempt to take out my angry parts, but I was just stunned to have read this thread.

My daughter, I would point out, gives blood regularly, volunteers for her church, gives money to charity far more than most - and it really hurt me to read what I read here.  No, I will not ask my daughter to subject herself to this thread.  When it comes right down to it, what she sells on eBay is rarely of interest to the members of this forum - and the only reason she has come to notice here is some folks found sport in it.

Marcus King
Owner of Titan Games

Marcus King
Titan Games - OWNER
269-963-3773

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:24 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Well, I think it's obvious the whole thing is a scam. There is no Allan/Melissa. Nor is there any webring. But all that aside, people can just, well, NOT BUY FROM HER. I have bought 2 things in the past, and both times I paid a pittance. I intentionally bid a pittance, knowing the shipping was going to partially make up for it. In the end, it was well worth it. But generally speaking, I prefer not to deal with sellers like Tonya's Ass Rape Shop.

i probably see about 5 or 6 things on tonyas or titans each month that i REALLY want, but on pure principle, i will not buy it.

simple as that. i won't have anything to do with them and if they were the last RPG source in the world, i would do without.

sorry but i dont forgive some things easily and this is one of them.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:39 am 

Titan Games Owner wrote:First, let me say, that after reading THIS thread, where people have attacked my daughter for everything from her appearance, to her grammar, I find it remarkably repulsive.  Shame on you, supposedly adult men, to say such things about my daughter!

Well, after what some people said in this thread, you could see this coming. I was surprised that Mr. King hadn't said anything about this before, and I understand the reason is that he did not know it yet.

Actually, everyone is allowed to like find Tonya ugly or beautiful, but please remember this is a public forum, and widely known, too, so what you express here may (and probably will) be read by people outside the community. Free insults, as in every community, are unwelcome.

If any, I personally appreciate the fact that miss Tonya put a picture of herself in her About Me page. Regardless of whether that is agood picture or not, regardless of whether she is a nice girl or not, this gives you the opportunity to have a more personal approach to the business, a bit closer to the traditional customer/shopkeeper relation. This of course won't affect the professionality and politeness of the person in her business, but I personally like to have an idea who I'm doing business with.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:54 am 

I am sure we have all been on the end of some pretty hurtful comments in our lives . . . and I am sure we all have said many things over the years that we regret.   :(

With that in mind . . . maybe the authors of some of the more hurtful comments might be inclined to edit their posts?  It certainly doesn't profit anything or anyone to leave them up as they are now.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:35 pm 

Well  I sure see why my dad didn't mention this to me.  But, a  fellow with the email address of [email protected] sent me a verrrrrry vulgar email attack - through eBay, even though I don't think I have ever sold him anything or met him and pointed me to this site.  I can say I won't be back (here), and that your comments did, indeed, hurt my feelings.  How can people call me a gully dwarf who never met me?  How come so many people how never met me hate me so much?  I used to be proud to call my self a gamer, thinking that we at least shared a love of something common, and a tollerance of one another.    What an EYE opener!!!!!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:38 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:I am sure we have all been on the end of some pretty hurtful comments in our lives . . . and I am sure we all have said many things over the years that we regret.   :(

With that in mind . . . maybe the authors of some of the more hurtful comments might be inclined to edit their posts?  It certainly doesn't profit anything or anyone to leave them up as they are now.

Quoted For Truth.

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:44 pm 

As I'm sure most everyone knows, I'm an insensitive ass, so it would be against my nature to edit any posts, and betraying my nature is against my religion. I don't think I made any heinous statements, but if I did........ oh well.
I believe Tonya's statements in her About Me page were made when she actually thought Melissa was sick. If so, she certainly deserves every bit of flaming that went on here. I might be mistaken, however. Either way, this could be a great way for her to learn the consequences of losing your cool as a merchant. She might even be able to count it as credit towards a course.
Might be a good idea to lock the Tonya threads. Now that all the gooey stuff is out in the open, I don't see much use in slinging more mud.
BTW, Xax, whether it's you or someone you care about that is suffering, you know you have the support and best wishes of everyone here.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:46 pm 

Tonya King wrote:Well  I sure see why my dad didn't mention this to me.  But, a  fellow with the email address of [email protected] sent me a verrrrrry vulgar email attack - through eBay, even though I don't think I have ever sold him anything or met him and pointed me to this site.  I can say I won't be back (here), and that your comments did, indeed, hurt my feelings.  How can people call me a gully dwarf who never met me?  How come so many people how never met me hate me so much?  I used to be proud to call my self a gamer, thinking that we at least shared a love of something common, and a tollerance of one another.    What an EYE opener!!!!!!

Well that cleared up everything  :?  although I might not agree with the personal attacks you would probably be best served in responding to the comments that held merit otherwise ( behavior, practices, etc. )  you just leave yourself open to more attacks/complaints.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:04 pm 

Needless to say, such a reply was expected. I am sure many people here would have appreciated some argument over the matters that actually had a point beyond a few shouts about the insults, which are perfectly legitimate but maybe you have noticed that there are people who have argued in a most reasonable fashion without offending you. We would have appreciated, but I am not surprised that a constructive reply has not arrived. This was perfectly in line with what we read in Badmike's post, although it is more justifiable.

Publicly insulting miss Tonya was certainly wrong and useless, but beyond that I think this thread had a point.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:34 pm 

Tonya King wrote:Well  I sure see why my dad didn't mention this to me.  But, a  fellow with the email address of [email protected] sent me a verrrrrry vulgar email attack - through eBay, even though I don't think I have ever sold him anything or met him and pointed me to this site.

That was me.* As mentioned elsewhere, I actually prefer to have various IDs at various web sites, although I realize that it gets confusing for any outside observers.

Tonya, believe it or not, I'm going to publicly apologize for the vulgarity — that sort of language is usually not my style. My excuse will be a slow (but strong) build-up of resentment over your horrible customer service combined with an alcohol-fueled rage over your galactically selfish attitude of "those pesky cancer patients are always affecting me." But like all excuses, it's just an excuse, so again, I apologize for the vulgarity.

But, other than that, I'm not going to debate you here; I've made my feelings pretty clear-cut already. Your "About Me" page tells me everything I need to know about how selfish, greedy, and manipulative you are. Any further discussion is pointless.

Watch out for that Karma boomerang, Tonya — it's going to really hurt.

+++++

*Although publicly posting my e-mail address here is just one more reason to wonder what the hell goes on inside your head. Saying "I received an e-mail and it pointed me here" would have accomplished the exact same thing. This reminds me of you publicly posting your blocked bidder list: just what, exactly, is the point?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:40 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:BTW, Xax, whether it's you or someone you care about that is suffering, you know you have the support and best wishes of everyone here.

Thank you.

Just to be clear, my health is fine (well, for a guy who could stand to exercise a little bit more, that is). But I have seen many loved ones go into the ground over the past three of four years following losing battles with cancer. I suppose I've totally over-reacted to Tonya's "About Me" page ... but, honestly, it's been a long time since I've been that angry.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:13 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:I am sure we have all been on the end of some pretty hurtful comments in our lives . . . and I am sure we all have said many things over the years that we regret.   :(

Guilty on both counts.  But that's part of living, growing, maturing.

I wouldn't edit the original content of the posts.  The posts happened, and they can't be unread by anyone.

But appending an apology is a way of recognizing the harm done and taking responsibility, or maybe I'm misapplying the 12 Steps.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 46 of 112123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 110111112