Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 45 of 112123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 110111112
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:46 pm 

Why post personal attacks on Tonya here?  I fail to see what constructive purpose the attacks serve.

She charges too much for shipping and apparently leaves nasty feedback.  Don't tell me that this warrants the venom on this thread.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:57 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Why post personal attacks on Tonya here?  I fail to see what constructive purpose the attacks serve.

She charges too much for shipping and apparently leaves nasty feedback.  Don't tell me that this warrants the venom on this thread.

Have you read everything that was posted yet since last night?  She is also a total liar and she bascially tells her customers(some of which who post here) that have legitimate complaints to go f**k themselves. Then of course there is publically throwing of her *employees* under the bus for her auction & shipping problems.  I also seem to think that publically announcing to the world your employee having cancer(assuming that this is even true at all) and thus being able to perform her job duties satisfactory is a bit on the dispicable side as well.   I can see where all of this might inspire a bit of venom by people.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:24 pm 

faro wrote:
Very definitely a "your fault not mine, I have the last word, you will suffer, get lost" cougarish attitude: only saving grace I could see is the absence of negative feedback (yet).

Hmm.....
Maybe we can somehow get Tonya and the Coug to Hook Up together.
Then they'd both be off of ebay - and instead of trying to f*** us, they'd be f****** each other.

NOTE - I have never bought from Tonya, but I have had dealings in the past with the Cougmeister (a pleasant one).

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:31 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
JohnGaunt wrote:Why post personal attacks on Tonya here?  I fail to see what constructive purpose the attacks serve.

Have you read everything that was posted yet since last night?  She is also a total liar and she bascially tells her customers(some of which who post here) that have legitimate complaints to go f**k themselves. Then of course there is publically throwing of her *employees* under the bus for her auction & shipping problems.  I also seem to think that publically announcing to the world your employee having cancer(assuming that this is even true at all) and thus being able to perform her job duties satisfactory is a bit on the dispicable side as well.   I can see where all of this might inspire a bit of venom by people.

Tonya's obviously out of her depth in running her eBay store.  She also needs to learn a lot about customer service and professionalism.  Whether she knows or cares that she's shooting herself in the foot is another matter.

However, this is turning into a huge tirade against Tonya, who isn't here to defend herself.  I'm all for slagging people every now and then, but the mudslinging is getting a little personal.

We can see that purchasing from Tonya runs a risk of being a bad experience.  If something I bought took three months to arrive, I'd be pissed, too.  We can watch and laugh as she destroys her business; we don't need to attack her.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:36 pm 

There are more than enough newbies on eBay each month for her business to succeed even if experienced buyers never buy from her again.

If you want to affect change, you need an unbiased factual site and to direct her bidders to that site.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:37 pm 

Then again, she does look like a gully dwarf.   :D

[Edit: Obviously (or perhaps not ), I am joking. ]

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:41 pm 

Tonya's figure is exactly the one I have imagine before I saw her about me page. It's really funny.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:42 pm 

jamesmishler wrote:Yep, that's Tonya... though at conventions, when she helped her dad work the booth, she often wore a chainmail bikini......

Now that is gross. Image

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:46 pm 

Gaunt (gauntner66?), feel free to direct her to the forum so she can defend herself.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:24 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:
Badmike wrote:     I will say one point in her favor.  The outrageous shipping is clearly stated upfront.  If you can't do the math and discover you are being ludicrously ripped off, you shouldn't complain later.

Mike B.

Exactly so.  The shipping is stated up front.  The nasty responses...and I have gotten one myself for asking about cheaper shipping...are what is so curious.

The strategy is to offer lower prices and high shipping.  As I understand it, Ebay does not get a chunk of the shipping, so they make more money that way.

Given the obvious consumer tendency to purchase low price without considering the cost of shipping, this strategy appears to be working.

8)

Is it scificityonline that has everything for $1 but charges a flat $10 shipping?  Sickening.

Mike B.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:25 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:However, this is turning into a huge tirade against Tonya, who isn't here to defend herself.

It takes roughly 12.6 seconds to open an account here. Bring her on.

Also, John, Tonya has no problem making things as personal as possible — as Clarkie asked, have you even read the stuff we're referring to? :? — so it's the height of wishful thinking if she assumes she won't also be attacked (especially at the site of a D&D collecting community).

Finally, from a personal standpoint, the fact that she would include sneering references to how unreliable those darn cancer patients can be ... well, I'm not going to let that one go. Cancer is a huge part of everyday life for me, and to use someone else's illness the way she is doing is way, way beyond the pale.*

+++++

*If she's even telling the truth about any part of her set-up, that is. Really, who knows? I think it's pretty well established that she has no problem with changing facts to suit her needs.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:35 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:And on a side note to Xaxaxe.  Please do us all a favor and change your avatar.  One of my cats retch every time they see it...and frankly I get a bit queasy as well.  :P

It's changed. It wasn't going to be up for much longer, anyway; avatar humor has a very short shelf-life.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:42 pm 

As the one who first started posting Tonya's customer rants, I feel a little responsible for all the vitriol.  While most of it has had me laughing until tears ran down my face, I think the personal attacks area little much. The only purpose was to point out the crappy business practices of confronting and insulting customers, then leaving it out in the open (the feedbacks where she calls her customers "cyber stalkers" and "morons") where other potential customers can view them.  Also, I've always been annoyed by the "I'm just a college student don't hold me to the standards of other dealers" when she is selling twice what most of us here sell in a month, and not really doing anything except sending confrontational feedback (the listers and the packers appear to be doing the majority of the work) that I can see, topped off with her deflection of blame in screwing up orders (doesn't seem real well equipped to actually be running a business).  
        I think we should save the venom for real criminals like the Jonbs, Cougars, Creeps and Keep/borderlands  of the world.  Tonya may be a sorry businesswoman but probably doesn't deserve the Maxwell treatment. And Sardul/Brian is not related to the Kings in any way, he shouldn't have to defend them.
  But as long as Tonya keeps throwing out bon mots like the above, I'll keep posting them for entertainment purposes.  Honestly, I think she needs a good business advisor telling her to just shut up and let someone else handle it.  Maybe Brian can provide that presence.
  I think Gully Dwarves are HOT :wink:

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:12 pm 

Two things about the anger here...

First, from what I can see Tonya isn't all that bad looking.  In fact, as gamer girls go she qualifies as hot.     :)   Attacking her appearance doesn't seem fair or accurate to me. Is anyone else here all that good looking?  (I mean, aside from grodog, who is clearly a ladies man.    :lol:  )

Second, Tonya is right about one thing:  This is game books, not human kidneys.   8O

We're talking about a high shipping costs and some ill-advised email behavior...not Soviet incursions into Afghanistan.  

We're all rich people (everything is relative) who spend our money collecting game nostalgia.

I mean...it's not like Tonya was one of the officials at the Super Bowl, or something heinous like that.   :wink:

Tonya needs encouragement and possibly lessons in communication and business ettiquette.  If nothing else, she is a lady and attacking her looks seems (betraying my age) a bit ungentlemanly.   :)

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:29 pm 

Yeah.....maybe the personal attacks are not really justified....but I know how satisfying it can be to sling a little acid...and that whole cancer thing is not a good element (in fact it is not at all respectful of the employee- really unpleasant insight into yet another facet of Tonya's business practices)to introduce to any business segment- I wonder how that employee feels if it is true? .....just don't do business with the distasteful parties in question.  I have to deal with many questionable parties over the course of the business day and information is infinitely more effective than insults. It's good to know that this is not someone worth doing business with and for that I'm grateful to the dudes who got this one started.

From a legitimately curious standpoint it would be good to get the Tonyas Games etc corner to enter the conversation so as to hear their side....then again, silence can be profoundly eloquent....  :roll:

Bree-Yark!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:33 am 

RWilson wrote:
From a legitimately curious standpoint it would be good to get the Tonyas Games etc corner to enter the conversation so as to hear their side....then again, silence can be profoundly eloquent....  :roll:

In regards to this, Titan games owner Marcus King has posted a "rebuttal" of sorts in the two other threads with "Titan" in the title.  His post does clear up one or two points being made my myself and others.  Also, he's far more eloquent than the nutcase freak ramblings of prior targets like Creep and Maxwell.

Mike B.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:11 am 

First, let me say, that after reading THIS thread, where people have attacked my daughter for everything from her appearance, to her grammar, I find it remarkably repulsive.  Shame on you, supposedly adult men, to say such things about my daughter!

If you were trying to hurt someone, you succeeded.

I can not possibly address that further without being a vulgar ass, and I think that position has been rather well represented.

Now, to specific complaints:

A.  Melissa never had cancer, she faked an illness in an attempt to get out of repaying a large loan she had taken with her employer (me) and to cop out on not doing her assistance with Tonya, and even to try to get out of paying her babysitter.  We all knew this at the time Tonya had to explain something on her about me page.  Evidently, Melissa found it MUCH faster to do her job for Tonya (pulling orders) ff she simply threw away about 30% of the invoices (talk about angry customers!!!!!)

So, for the past week, Tonya has been dealing with customer complaints nightly.  She says she has finally got caught up, but my GAWD the amount of mess that was made!!  Simply astonishing how many people who had paid, and been told their items had shipped, had simply been LIED to by Melissa.

B.  My daughter is an honest, hardworking girl with too much lip, and perhaps a bit too much self respect for some people's taste.  Internet bullies, and you darn well know they exist, like to try to push people around, and this has occured to Tonya more than a few times.

C.  She also has had some problems lately, and exaserbated several honest bidders on eBay, and (frankly) screwed up on at least 2 buyers, who were both repeat customer of Titan Games, and whom called me with their concerns.

Look, guys, she is working her way through college.  She is not (from daddy's view) even an adult yet, (though she is 20) and she needs a bit of understanding time to time.  I realize that ain't your concern, but is attacking my daughter so much fun?

However, as I have said before, if you have a problem with Titan Games, call me.  As Tonya's Dad, if you have a problem with her, call me too.

I also appreciate those loyal friends I have who have tried to mitigate the problems here.

When it's all said and done, I am confident that Tonya will refund anyone who didn't get their item, send things that weren't sent on time, and fix problems whenever possible.  And, in my opinion, that is all she really owes anyone.

I think this will be my last post for a while.  I was shocked to read the terrible jokes and mean things said about my daughter.  Again, my phone number:
877-542-6377

My sincere apologies if this post came off harshly, I rewrote it several times in an attempt to take out my angry parts, but I was just stunned to have read this thread.

My daughter, I would point out, gives blood regularly, volunteers for her church, gives money to charity far more than most - and it really hurt me to read what I read here.  No, I will not ask my daughter to subject herself to this thread.  When it comes right down to it, what she sells on eBay is rarely of interest to the members of this forum - and the only reason she has come to notice here is some folks found sport in it.

Marcus King
Owner of Titan Games

Marcus King
Titan Games - OWNER
269-963-3773

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:24 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Well, I think it's obvious the whole thing is a scam. There is no Allan/Melissa. Nor is there any webring. But all that aside, people can just, well, NOT BUY FROM HER. I have bought 2 things in the past, and both times I paid a pittance. I intentionally bid a pittance, knowing the shipping was going to partially make up for it. In the end, it was well worth it. But generally speaking, I prefer not to deal with sellers like Tonya's Ass Rape Shop.

i probably see about 5 or 6 things on tonyas or titans each month that i REALLY want, but on pure principle, i will not buy it.

simple as that. i won't have anything to do with them and if they were the last RPG source in the world, i would do without.

sorry but i dont forgive some things easily and this is one of them.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 45 of 112123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 110111112