Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 44 of 112123 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:32 am 

Badmike wrote:     I will say one point in her favor.  The outrageous shipping is clearly stated upfront.  If you can't do the math and discover you are being ludicrously ripped off, you shouldn't complain later.

Mike B.

Exactly so.  The shipping is stated up front.  The nasty responses...and I have gotten one myself for asking about cheaper shipping...are what is so curious.

The strategy is to offer lower prices and high shipping.  As I understand it, Ebay does not get a chunk of the shipping, so they make more money that way.

Given the obvious consumer tendency to purchase low price without considering the cost of shipping, this strategy appears to be working.

The real problems may arise if and when the number of people buying on Ebay is limited enough that a company's bad reputation has killed off its business.  Then, the obvious tactic would seem to be to simply open a new Ebay seller account and go right on.

All of this nastiness is....disappointing.   :?   "Sorry" is not that difficult to say.  It is free, in fact.  Even if she wanted to rip off her customer and treat him like dirt, why not do it in polite words?

I have never written a negative feedback and I have only encountered one Ebay seller who probably deserved it.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:53 am 

I have no intention of ever buying an item from her.  I find her completely unprofessional, arrogant, and manipulative.  She will be her own undoing.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:06 am 

Hey, if someone offers me a decent non-TSR rare, I'll fly out and seduce her on film, then eBay it. Shipping will as usual be at cost.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:13 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Well, I think it's obvious the whole thing is a scam.

Oh, it is such a scam.

It's just overstock from daddy. Tonya may or may not be in college, but she is smart enough to barely keep her feedback somewhat decent, thus enabling the shameless ankle-grabbing shipping rip-offs and woefully unprofessional attitude.

I doubt she ever even comes into contact with any of the crap she sells. It's just some sort of weird tax write-off for daddy.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:15 am 

Another snippet I should add.
I bought 2 Curse of Hareths from Cougar. I mentioned a while back that he wouldn't combine shipping, so I paid for 1 and was going to pay for the second when #1 arrived. It didn't. I got an e-mail from Kitty asking when I was going to pay for #2. At the same time, an Unpaid Item issue was opened with eBay. I wrote back, explaining the situation, and asking him to speak with the Postal Service about reimbursement (I paid a pound extra for insurance). He initially said I didn't pay for insurance, but after I sent the info showing I had, he graciously offered either to send 2 copies, or send the second one at no cost. He also canceled the NPB.
I think this is only the second time I have bought an item from him (not counting the $100 Misty Isles/DG/Infernax deal) and so far no complaints.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:29 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:He initially said I didn't pay for insurance, but after I sent the info showing I had, he graciously offered either to send 2 copies, or send the second one at no cost.

I'd like to see what "graciously" looked like, IRL.

If you didn't have that evidence, you would've been stuffed (well, temporarily at least ;)).

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:37 am 

faro wrote:I'd like to see what "graciously" looked like, IRL.

:D

Same here; can't even picture it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:44 am 

Tonya The Bitch wrote:My real retaliation is when I forward your eBay account name to my webring, where more than 400 eBay game sellers share idiot customer stories, so we can each block the idiots others have found.

Absolutely unbelievable. I'm not usually at a loss for words — see any of my longer posts for proof of that :wink: — but this childish nonsense leaves me completely speechless.

+++++

Sidebar: Not that I actually believe it for a second. There is no "game sellers webring"; if Tonya was any more full of sh*t, her eyes would be brown.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:14 am 

Ive sold quite a few bulk lots to cougar and have had no problems with mbag shipping to him.

I think one of his issues is that he gets over his head in shear quantity of stuff being sold and bought and shipped and trying to keep track of shipping methods that take months and then gets a bit frustrated when stuff doesnt work out easily.  

If anyone needs a helper its probably him.

Deadlord39 wrote:Another snippet I should add.
I bought 2 Curse of Hareths from Cougar. I mentioned a while back that he wouldn't combine shipping, so I paid for 1 and was going to pay for the second when #1 arrived. It didn't. I got an e-mail from Kitty asking when I was going to pay for #2. At the same time, an Unpaid Item issue was opened with eBay. I wrote back, explaining the situation, and asking him to speak with the Postal Service about reimbursement (I paid a pound extra for insurance). He initially said I didn't pay for insurance, but after I sent the info showing I had, he graciously offered either to send 2 copies, or send the second one at no cost. He also canceled the NPB.
I think this is only the second time I have bought an item from him (not counting the $100 Misty Isles/DG/Infernax deal) and so far no complaints.

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:19 am 

Did I miss something? Is Is Sardul Tonya's dad?

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:47 am 

I'm Brian Collins. My ebay and yahoo ID's are both Old Sardul so it's very convenient for me and my colleagues.

Tonya is Tonya King, daughter of Marcus King. Marcus, everyone knows. He is the proprietor of Titan Games among other professional duties, and my employer. Just to make sure everyone's clear.  

I've said it before, and I'll cheerfully keep saying it, that the ebay operations are out of my grasp - especially where customer service is concerned. My opinion is shared by the majority of you all - the level of service is despicable  the moment the slightest variation from routine is concerned.

OK! So what am I doing about it? Simple! The departure of Miss Melissa has cast her ebay job (which was photographing, and listing) squarely into MY lap. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, I can wrest the job of answering the emails and questions away from the "Boss".

And as for those of you who have come under Marcus' scrutiny I can only apologize personally.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:59 am 

Let me see if I have this straight:

Marcus/Orcus: owner of TightEnd Games.
Brian: Not sure what it is you do.
Tonya: spawn of Marcus. Owns her own RPG business. Competes with Daddy for customers.
Melissa: The girl of questionable existence who is going through chemo and can't work.
Aaron (I think): The guy of questionable existence who used to do Melissa's job.

Sound right?
Tune in tomorrow for another episode of As the Acaeum Turns.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:01 am 

dbartman wrote:I have no intention of ever buying an item from her.  I find her completely unprofessional, arrogant, and manipulative.  She will be her own undoing.

Same here.  I wont buy from Creep or Cougar either for similar reasons.  Her business tactics are downright evil...Creep and Cougar are just stupid.  :twisted:

And on a side note to Xaxaxe.  Please do us all a favor and change your avatar.  One of my cats retch every time they see it...and frankly I get a bit queasy as well.  :P

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:21 am 

Everyone makes a few mistakes, and I did the mistake of purchasing from Tonya once.

It was my first eBay purchase, so I think I'm partially forgivable. At the time, I didn't care about SW, or even condition. There were simply two modules I had been looking for since 1992, and I found them in Tonya's shop. Plus there was a book a friend of mine had requested. 13.83 dollars for the items, 12 for shipping. Because I requested surface mail. I was ignorant about overseas shipments then, so I chose the least expensive solution. Today I know that 12 dollars for surface mail is pure theft, I did not then.

The shipment was slow. The items arrived over 3 months after being purchased. And, unfortunately, this is regular with surface mail. This is the reason why I now always choose to pay more and have a decent shipping.

But that's not all. Of the three modules, only one was in a decent condition. Ok, I stated I did not care about condition, but there was a limit even there. The book had pages falling loose; my friend was somewhat disappointed and had to get a new copy. And one of the modules had the fold cover cut and separated, plus it had something unpleasant (maybe very, VERY old chewing-gum) stuck on the last page. I gave that copy away and had to get a new copy.

I did not make any protest; i couldn't even leave feedback after more than 3 months. However I swore I'd never purchase from her again.

In the end, I think her business is not on her own; I think she works with and for her father, to have a larger business.

I am sure that miss Melissa, assuming she exists, will be very happy to have her disease revealed to the whole world. If I had a cancer, I'd make all efforts to let everyone know that I am under chemotherapy. Melissa is lucky to have such a voice like miss Tonya to make all her personal facts widely known.

The only point I could score for Tonya King is that she has cougar on her blocked list. I'd pay to know how the discussion between the two went. Titan clash, for sure.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:24 am 

faro wrote:
Anyone know where this webring-of-the-famous is, btw?

Its the ring everyone's seeking.......Its "The One ring" to rule them all! :roll:

I think Frodo was last in charge of it :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:25 am 

I knew I'd seen her somewhere before!

Its Raistlin's friend Bupu, the gully dwarf!

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:42 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:And on a side note to Xaxaxe.  Please do us all a favor and change your avatar.  One of my cats retch every time they see it...and frankly I get a bit queasy as well.  :P

:lol:

The sad part is I keep seeing that avatar and thinking that she has now joined the forum. :P

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:49 am 

Bupu. Uncanny resemblance.
So is that picture really Tonya?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 44 of 112123 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 110111112