Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 44 of 112123 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:43 am 

Oh here is another interesting thing, It looks like Tonya has updated here about me page.  I am sure everyone remebers back in November whenever she had her sob story about her packer and lister Allan that picked up and left, well she has now ammended the exact same story and put in the name Melissa instead:

Tonya the *&#@ wrote:I am NOT perfect -and- We Did Have A Couple Problems!

I don't want to just blame the last guy here, but Melissa has left my employ suddenly due to her health issues (many of you regular readers know she was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer, and has been undergoing chemotherapy. During her last week here, she put in less than 60% of her allotted hours, and had some deals pending, lots of items listed, and put away incorrectly, and generally left a few messes that blew up in my face. But, well, the ball was dropped a few times, and a few people left me negative, or neutral feedback. Some I deserved, some - well, I could have fixed if given the chance. Here is my "thing" - If we screw up, contact me and let me know, and don't be impatient - I attend college full time, and my assistant is pretty new - I will be handling complaints for a while, on my own, until they learn the ropes - so be patient. I will fix problems 90% of the time, and will make it up to you the other 10% of the time. If you get impatient and leave negative feedback before trying to work out the problem - well, that might effect my satisfaction, too. And, when I am not satisfied, it is reflected in MY Feedback, too.

I also find it interesting that she has now listed publicly who is on her blocked list.  That is really professional. :roll:  The again with 44 negatives(27 that have been mutually withdrawn) and a whole sh*tload of other neutrals, I'd bet my own ass that that is not her full blocked list.

Tonya the *&#@ wrote:Yes, the one thing I really, REALLY, love about eBay is: I don't HAVE to deal with people who are unfriendly, jerky, aggressive and mean. Ebay lets you block people like that, with a tool. Yea! Here is my blocked bidders list: celtling, cougarrinard, mail4jeff, metal-lobotomy, nesfusa, paladin1876, ryaenallen, s-mack-1984, sco2197 - yup - 9 people out of the 25,000+ people I have sold to are not worth dealing with ever again.

I wonder if daddy numb nuts is proud? Kind of like Daddy Warbucks only a bigger a$$ hole.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:03 am 

bclarkie wrote:Oh here is another interesting thing, It looks like Tonya has updated here about me page.  I am sure everyone remebers back in November whenever she had her sob story about her packer and lister Allan that picked up and left, well she has now ammended the exact same story and put in the name Melissa instead:

I can't believe I missed the updated page.  What a princess. So to add to her talents of finding her daddy's discounted goodies on the skids at the warehouse, let's add being able to throw former employees under the bus rather than own up to being an unprofessional nutcase.
BTW, from the earlier guy's example, I wouldn't count on Tonya actually handling complaints or fixing any problems...outright confrontations seem to be her forte.

I also find it interesting that she has now listed publicly who is on her blocked list.  That is really professional. :roll:  

Cougar made her block list? Probably wanted an M-Bag...

Interesting she mentioned "tool".  She is one with a capital T.

Mark my words, this "business" may be shut down  by the summer unless daddy sends some help.  From all appearances, since she's lost her "employees" who effective run her business 100% she's obviously way over her head. I've always believed the entire thing was just a tax writeoff anyway and a way to funnel money to his daughter without her actually having to do any "work", and nothing here changes my mind.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:02 am 

Well, I think it's obvious the whole thing is a scam. There is no Allan/Melissa. Nor is there any webring. But all that aside, people can just, well, NOT BUY FROM HER. I have bought 2 things in the past, and both times I paid a pittance. I intentionally bid a pittance, knowing the shipping was going to partially make up for it. In the end, it was well worth it. But generally speaking, I prefer not to deal with sellers like Tonya's Ass Rape Shop.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:20 am 

bclarkie wrote:As much as I would like to relay my true feelings about Tonya, I wont because its not appropriate.  What I will say is that the one word that almost immediately comes to my mind when I think of Tonya begins with a c and is 4 letters long. I am sure that you all can fill in the blanks.

Wow.  Good thing you didn't say how you really feel.    :wink:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:27 am 

bclarkie wrote:What I will say is that the one word that almost immediately comes to my mind when I think of Tonya begins with a c and is 4 letters long. I am sure that you all can fill in the blanks.

Hell, yeah!

What an awful, vindictive, shallow, mean-spirited, unprofessional, immature, spiteful BITCH this chick is. I'd spell out that word myself if I didn't think it would get me banned from here ... it's an ugly word, but it absolutely fits in this case.

Then again, I've already hammered out about eight paragraphs on the subject:

Question re: Tonya for anyone at Titan

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:28 am 

Badmike wrote:
Tonya wrote:You don't get a partial refund when you clearly say "I don't want anything" that kind of thing puts you clearly into the "Too many personal problems for me to fix for you" category of idiot customer.  You bought games, and they are not human kidneys.  If you are so impatient that you could not wait for Media mail, you should have opted for priority.  Fairly simple.

My real retaliation is when I forward your eBay account name to my webring, where more than 400 eBay game sellers share idiot customer stories, so we can each block the idiots others have found.

Then, when dozens, even hundreds, of people block you from bidding on their items, YOU lose out.

Live and learn though, huh?

Now, I will ask you - just this one time - do not email me again.  Doing so again will be considered cyberstalking, and will be reported to the laundry list of agencies I have dug up for just that purpose.

Bye,

Tonya

Downright nasty :( :(

Very definitely a "your fault not mine, I have the last word, you will suffer, get lost" cougarish attitude: only saving grace I could see is the absence of negative feedback (yet).

Thanks for the forward, Mike: sorry to hear 'bout that...

Anyone know where this webring-of-the-famous is, btw?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:32 am 

Badmike wrote:     I will say one point in her favor.  The outrageous shipping is clearly stated upfront.  If you can't do the math and discover you are being ludicrously ripped off, you shouldn't complain later.

Mike B.

Exactly so.  The shipping is stated up front.  The nasty responses...and I have gotten one myself for asking about cheaper shipping...are what is so curious.

The strategy is to offer lower prices and high shipping.  As I understand it, Ebay does not get a chunk of the shipping, so they make more money that way.

Given the obvious consumer tendency to purchase low price without considering the cost of shipping, this strategy appears to be working.

The real problems may arise if and when the number of people buying on Ebay is limited enough that a company's bad reputation has killed off its business.  Then, the obvious tactic would seem to be to simply open a new Ebay seller account and go right on.

All of this nastiness is....disappointing.   :?   "Sorry" is not that difficult to say.  It is free, in fact.  Even if she wanted to rip off her customer and treat him like dirt, why not do it in polite words?

I have never written a negative feedback and I have only encountered one Ebay seller who probably deserved it.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:53 am 

I have no intention of ever buying an item from her.  I find her completely unprofessional, arrogant, and manipulative.  She will be her own undoing.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:06 am 

Hey, if someone offers me a decent non-TSR rare, I'll fly out and seduce her on film, then eBay it. Shipping will as usual be at cost.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:13 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Well, I think it's obvious the whole thing is a scam.

Oh, it is such a scam.

It's just overstock from daddy. Tonya may or may not be in college, but she is smart enough to barely keep her feedback somewhat decent, thus enabling the shameless ankle-grabbing shipping rip-offs and woefully unprofessional attitude.

I doubt she ever even comes into contact with any of the crap she sells. It's just some sort of weird tax write-off for daddy.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:15 am 

Another snippet I should add.
I bought 2 Curse of Hareths from Cougar. I mentioned a while back that he wouldn't combine shipping, so I paid for 1 and was going to pay for the second when #1 arrived. It didn't. I got an e-mail from Kitty asking when I was going to pay for #2. At the same time, an Unpaid Item issue was opened with eBay. I wrote back, explaining the situation, and asking him to speak with the Postal Service about reimbursement (I paid a pound extra for insurance). He initially said I didn't pay for insurance, but after I sent the info showing I had, he graciously offered either to send 2 copies, or send the second one at no cost. He also canceled the NPB.
I think this is only the second time I have bought an item from him (not counting the $100 Misty Isles/DG/Infernax deal) and so far no complaints.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:29 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:He initially said I didn't pay for insurance, but after I sent the info showing I had, he graciously offered either to send 2 copies, or send the second one at no cost.

I'd like to see what "graciously" looked like, IRL.

If you didn't have that evidence, you would've been stuffed (well, temporarily at least ;)).

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:37 am 

faro wrote:I'd like to see what "graciously" looked like, IRL.

:D

Same here; can't even picture it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:44 am 

Tonya The Bitch wrote:My real retaliation is when I forward your eBay account name to my webring, where more than 400 eBay game sellers share idiot customer stories, so we can each block the idiots others have found.

Absolutely unbelievable. I'm not usually at a loss for words — see any of my longer posts for proof of that :wink: — but this childish nonsense leaves me completely speechless.

+++++

Sidebar: Not that I actually believe it for a second. There is no "game sellers webring"; if Tonya was any more full of sh*t, her eyes would be brown.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:14 am 

Ive sold quite a few bulk lots to cougar and have had no problems with mbag shipping to him.

I think one of his issues is that he gets over his head in shear quantity of stuff being sold and bought and shipped and trying to keep track of shipping methods that take months and then gets a bit frustrated when stuff doesnt work out easily.  

If anyone needs a helper its probably him.

Deadlord39 wrote:Another snippet I should add.
I bought 2 Curse of Hareths from Cougar. I mentioned a while back that he wouldn't combine shipping, so I paid for 1 and was going to pay for the second when #1 arrived. It didn't. I got an e-mail from Kitty asking when I was going to pay for #2. At the same time, an Unpaid Item issue was opened with eBay. I wrote back, explaining the situation, and asking him to speak with the Postal Service about reimbursement (I paid a pound extra for insurance). He initially said I didn't pay for insurance, but after I sent the info showing I had, he graciously offered either to send 2 copies, or send the second one at no cost. He also canceled the NPB.
I think this is only the second time I have bought an item from him (not counting the $100 Misty Isles/DG/Infernax deal) and so far no complaints.

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:19 am 

Did I miss something? Is Is Sardul Tonya's dad?

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:47 am 

I'm Brian Collins. My ebay and yahoo ID's are both Old Sardul so it's very convenient for me and my colleagues.

Tonya is Tonya King, daughter of Marcus King. Marcus, everyone knows. He is the proprietor of Titan Games among other professional duties, and my employer. Just to make sure everyone's clear.  

I've said it before, and I'll cheerfully keep saying it, that the ebay operations are out of my grasp - especially where customer service is concerned. My opinion is shared by the majority of you all - the level of service is despicable  the moment the slightest variation from routine is concerned.

OK! So what am I doing about it? Simple! The departure of Miss Melissa has cast her ebay job (which was photographing, and listing) squarely into MY lap. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, I can wrest the job of answering the emails and questions away from the "Boss".

And as for those of you who have come under Marcus' scrutiny I can only apologize personally.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:59 am 

Let me see if I have this straight:

Marcus/Orcus: owner of TightEnd Games.
Brian: Not sure what it is you do.
Tonya: spawn of Marcus. Owns her own RPG business. Competes with Daddy for customers.
Melissa: The girl of questionable existence who is going through chemo and can't work.
Aaron (I think): The guy of questionable existence who used to do Melissa's job.

Sound right?
Tune in tomorrow for another episode of As the Acaeum Turns.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 44 of 112123 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 110111112