Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 43 of 112123 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:59 am 

Why did they bid that high for this book?  Available for cheaper.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:25 am 

seeyouinescrow wrote:I just had to mention this clown...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Makes the description just ambiguous enough to make these unaware bidders think there getting something which they're not. The photo gives it away of course. No response to repeated questions for clarification.   :(

Why did they bid that high for this book? Available for cheaper.

That's the thing...the guy's description makes it sound like it's a Cthulhu...when it's obviously not. But the description reads in such a way, that I'm pretty sure the bidders thought it was...sad really

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:47 am 

eBay listings

Careful of this one. This guy has great items, but he cheats on shipping. I purchase something from him last week and he charged me over 27 dollars (!!!) for shipping. The package arrived today and I discovered that the postage cost was 11.40.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:39 am 

guerret wrote:This guy has great items, but he cheats on shipping. I purchase something from him last week and he charged me over 27 dollars (!!!) for shipping. The package arrived today and I discovered that the postage cost was 11.40.

If the guy didn't declare the shipping up front, and he's clearly taking the piss if he's charging an undeclares $15 for packing, just charge back through you're credit card. Or through PayPal if you didn't use your credit card.

Dispute the whole amount and claim his actions are unreasonable, and that you believe a theft has occured and he is refusing to respond to your e-mails.

Alternatively, ask for a refund of the $15. I believe that type for fraud is illegal in the US and can be reported to the police as mail fraud.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:00 pm 

Ok, I settled the matter with the guy. I got a 15 dollars refund. He states that he had a 3rd party to manage handling and he was charging too much. Possible, but I am glad that I have been wary.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:01 am 

Makes the description just ambiguous enough to make these unaware bidders think there getting something which they're not. The photo gives it away of course. No response to repeated questions for clarification.   :(

Check out his feedback...he's an ass pirate of the highest order.  Anyone buying anything from him, it's got to be a huge case of Buyer Beware.....

Mike B.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:03 am 

Badmike wrote:

Check out his feedback...he's an ass pirate of the highest order.  Anyone buying anything from him, it's got to be a huge case of Buyer Beware.....

Mike B.

He's deliberately misrepresenting his product for the purposes of making a profit.  There's a word for that, and it's not "marketing".   It's "fraud".

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:39 pm 

In my weekly cyber stalking of Tonya's Games, I ran across this unsatisfiedcustomer.  If this is true (there is always going to be doubts I realize) it is pretty hilarious.  It does seem to resemble our girls hilarious recent rants.  It was on a guy's About Me page on Ebay.  In Tonya's defense, the guy is a newbie and pretty much any negative I've ever received has been a newbie.  But still, geez! I've highlighted a couple of classic lines.  I predict if things continue as is, 2006 will be the year of total meltdown for Tonya's Games:

a bad experience with tonyas-games  

Tonyas-games is a very nasty seller and I thought I would take this opportunity in my About Me page to explain exactly how vindictive, dishonest, and threatening this "nice person" can be.

The bottom line is that she charged $12.30 for shipping but only spent $3.50 to mail it. I realize that's actually pretty normal on ebay, but on top of that, she waited 8 days to mail the item which took a total of 19 days to arrive via media mail. Throughout the process, I'd attempted to email her and finally had to call her (13 days after paying) to learn the status of the package.

I thought I was being very polite with my complaint, please read the responses for yourselves.

My first email:

Hi,

I received my package today and was somewhat disappointed. The books arrived in fine condition, so there was no problem with that.

However it seems that I was overcharged for shipping by almost four times the actual amount you paid, which (while really not very nice) wouldn't be so bad if my package wasn't intentionally delayed by over a week before it was given to usps. I tried emailing you several times to ask for a status and never got a response until I actually called you (over 9 days after my first email was sent).

I plan on leaving the following feedback for our transaction (or whatever will fit in 80 chars):

"I paypaled immediately. was charged $12.30 shipping, actual cost $3.51, package held over a week, slow communication"

I'm not extorting anything. I don't want anything. This is just a courtesy because your profile asks to email you with problems before leaving feedback.

tonyas-games response was:

Hi, thanks for writing.

Glad you got your items.  

No, you were not overcharged.  I assume you DID read the auction descriptions, and do realize that my cost of postage has almost NOTHING to do with costs of Shipping and HANDLING. In fact, my cost of LABOR is far higher than the cost of the postage.

I paid a lister $1 per item to list.  I also paid a packer $1 per auction to pull, pack, affix postage, and mail them to you.

I don't know, off the top of my head, how many items you bought, but lets assume 5 items.

That was $10 in handling fee's to cover my labor.  If it was 4 items, then my labor was only $8.

Did your items come in a new box, or in a new envelope?  Those are, oddly enough, not free.

Anyway, glad you got your items.  

As for your complaint about slow communication, I would point out that my packer, Melissa, was hospitalized with cancer of the uteris, and has since gone on to take several doses of Chemo Therapy - and that I, a college student, got stuck packing and helping to train the new guy for about 40-hours last week, and hte week before, to get caught up.

If you don't care, figure my problems are just excuses, then fine by me - leave whatever feedback you like.

So will I.

Tonya King
It Ain't My First Rodeo, Cowboy.

I replied:

Hi,

I see your point, however although the cost was clearly listed in your auction, i'd assumed that i was paying for postage, not for you to pay people because you'd prefer not to mail the package yourself.

I'm sorry your colleague has gotten sick, I wish her a speedy recovery. Cancer is a horrible disease and everyone knows at least one person affected by it.

That said, I see by way of complaints in your other feedback, that this person has been sick for several weeks. As terrible as that is, if I were a seller, I would realize the priority of finding someone else to fill in while she was out, or handle it myself. If you were too overworked to do that (and it sounds like you were getting killed that week) then a partial refund would have been appropriate.

By your "So will I" threat, I will assume you plan on leaving retaliatory feedback. I'm sorry to hear that because I have paid immediately, have been very polite, and I think I have a valid complaint. I'm confident that whoever reads any negative feedback from you about me will agree.

To which she sent:

Wow.  You paid, and I notified you within 24 hours of getting your payment.  Then, your items were shipped within 72 hours, and you paid for MEDIA MAIL, and you blame ME for the slow delivery?

Please, do not bid on my items any more,

Tonya

(This, of course is a complete fabrication. Please review USPS tracking # 9102805213907176116395 for evidence).

I replied:

Hi Tonya,

I think you are confused.

I won on 2/2 and paid immediately. I received a timely note that my payment was received.

On 2/8, I received another note that my items would ship "sometime this week". I responded that for the price of shipping ($13 for $3.50 spent) that I would appreciate a quicker shipping. I did not get a response to that.

On 2/14, I followed up and requested a tracking number but got no response.

On 2/16, I sent another email and also called your number and left a voice mail.

Late that night I received a note from you that my package was sent on 2/10 (8 days after auction close, not 72 hours).

Please review any of my email threads to you for confirmation of the above. In any event, there is no need to be no nasty.

Then I received this threatening email:

You keep assuming, and making stupid errors.  I don't "prefer" not to ship myself, I run a business.  I have employee's.  When I sell a book for 1¢ or even $1.99, I don't make a profit enough to cover expenses, and my S&H fee's are clearly defined in my auction, so you had no room to expect ANYthing  other than what it clearly said.

You don't get a partial refund when you clearly say "I don't want anything" that kind of thing puts you clearly into the "Too many personal problems for me to fix for you" category of idiot customer.  You bought games, and they are not human kidneys.  If you are so impatient that you could not wait for Media mail, you should have opted for priority.  Fairly simple.

My real retaliation is when I forward your eBay account name to my webring, where more than 400 eBay game sellers share idiot customer stories, so we can each block the idiots others have found.

Then, when dozens, even hundreds, of people block you from bidding on their items, YOU lose out.

Live and learn though, huh?

Now, I will ask you - just this one time - do not email me again.  Doing so again will be considered cyberstalking, and will be reported to the laundry list of agencies I have dug up for just that purpose.

Bye,

Tonya

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:47 pm 

Badmike wrote:In my weekly cyber stalking of Tonya's Games, I ran across this unsatisfiedcustomer.  If this is true (there is always going to be doubts I realize) it is pretty hilarious.

Wow.  She's definitely going off the deep end there.  8O
[edit]
Oops, forgot to add.  Emailing is not "cyber-stalking".  She's thinking of harassment.

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:05 pm 

Badmike wrote:In my weekly cyber stalking of Tonya's Games, I ran across this unsatisfiedcustomer.  If this is true (there is always going to be doubts I realize) it is pretty hilarious.  It does seem to resemble our girls hilarious recent rants.  It was on a guy's About Me page on Ebay.  In Tonya's defense, the guy is a newbie and pretty much any negative I've ever received has been a newbie.  But still, geez! I've highlighted a couple of classic lines.  I predict if things continue as is, 2006 will be the year of total meltdown for Tonya's Games:

a bad experience with tonyas-games  

Now, I will ask you - just this one time - do not email me again.  Doing so again will be considered cyberstalking, and will be reported to the laundry list of agencies I have dug up for just that purpose.

Bye,

Tonya

I am happy to see that I am not alone... I've got the same problem with Tonya's game. She charged me $45 for shipping 7 modules to France by airmail. 1 month after, nothing (airmail takes 10 days in the worst case). I emailed her 5 times with no responses. I contacted Paypal and notified them for a non-received items. She answered that she have sent the package with a tracking number (a false, since USPS mentionned that it is not a valid number). More than 3 months after I received the books, she paid $6 for shipping them by SURFACE mail. Of course I contact her, again. She immediatly insulted me since I was an "idiot" and some other pretty nice words like this one. And finally threatened me to leave a very bad feedback if I continue to email her...

The worst transaction I ever made on ebay! And the more dishonnest person I had to deal with.

this story was 1 year ago, and her friend was already ill :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:03 am 

Hey why bother with the facts when you can just act like a complete ass and make lame excuses.  I am curious thought as to what webring she seems to be posting on, because of all the seller that use this forum, I will gaurentee nobody here has heard of it either.  Considering the fact that she sells RPGs, I find that rather odd, but hey like I said before why bother with the facts when you just act like a complete moron.

I also find it very ironic that she has enough time to post on this supposed webring, badmouthing her customers, yet she doesn't have enough time to list and pack her own auctions, nor does she seem to have enough time to ship her stuff in a timely fashion.  As much as I would like to relay my true feelings about Tonya, I wont because its not appropriate.  What I will say is that the one word that almost immediately comes to my mind when I think of Tonya begins with a c and is 4 letters long. I am sure that you all can fill in the blanks.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:33 am 

And by the way, the buyers story checks out 100%.

Here are the items that he purhcased.  They were all purchased on February 2,2006 at around 8 pm:

eBay '8737633698' - Invalid Item

eBay '8734796273' - Invalid Item

eBay '8739246261' - Invalid Item

Using the tracking information(tracking # 9102805213907176116395) that he/she posted in Tonya's feedback here

USPS.com® - Track & Confirm

Here is what the USPS says:

Delivered, February 21, 2006, 12:56 pm, TARPON SPRINGS, FL 34688
Enroute, February 15, 2006, 8:32 pm, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Enroute, February 12, 2006, 1:26 pm, ALLEN PARK, MI 48101
Electronic Shipping Info Received *, February 10, 2006

This is about as much proof that needs to be said.  The facts speak for themselves.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:40 am 

bclarkie wrote:Hey why bother with the facts when you can just act like a complete ass and make lame excuses.  I am curious thought as to what webring she seems to be posting on, because of all the seller that use this forum, I will gaurentee nobody here has heard of it either.  Considering the fact that she sells RPGs, I find that rather odd, but hey like I said before why bother with the facts when you just act like a complete moron.

I also find it very ironic that she has enough time to post on this supposed webring, badmouthing her customers, yet she doesn't have enough time to list and pack her own auctions, nor does she seem to have enough time to ship her stuff in a timely fashion.  As much as I would like to relay my true feelings about Tonya, I wont because its not appropriate.  What I will say is that the one word that almost immediately comes to my mind when I think of Tonya begins with a c and is 4 letters long. I am sure that you all can fill in the blanks.

Is the word "Cute"?

:twisted:

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:43 am 

bclarkie wrote:And by the way, the buyers story checks out 100%.

Here are the items that he purhcased.  They were all purchased on February 2,2006 at around 8 pm:

eBay '8737633698' - Invalid Item

eBay '8734796273' - Invalid Item

eBay '8739246261' - Invalid Item

Using the tracking information(tracking # 9102805213907176116395) that he/she posted in Tonya's feedback here

USPS.com® - Track & Confirm

Here is what the USPS says:

Delivered, February 21, 2006, 12:56 pm, TARPON SPRINGS, FL 34688
Enroute, February 15, 2006, 8:32 pm, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Enroute, February 12, 2006, 1:26 pm, ALLEN PARK, MI 48101
Electronic Shipping Info Received *, February 10, 2006

This is about as much proof that needs to be said.  The facts speak for themselves.

The entire episode is just fall down laughing hilarious.  I've never seen a seller deflect more since the days of Jonb.  I mean, the guy merely points out that she doesn't list, she doesn't package, she says she's a college student and not an employee, yet she insists she somehow runs a business, he's confused and she attacks him with a bazooka. Nice customer service there. From what I've seen, I could train a slightly irregular orangatuang to run a business in much the same manner, except he might not get negged as much. Her sole contribution to her "business" seems to be her ability to aquire stock that has fallen off her father's trucks and into her lap at a gigantic discount.
 Then again, she's selling twice as much as I am every month.  I may be looking for that primate to train sooner rather than later.
    I will say one point in her favor.  The outrageous shipping is clearly stated upfront.  If you can't do the math and discover you are being ludicrously ripped off, you shouldn't complain later.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:43 am 

Oh here is another interesting thing, It looks like Tonya has updated here about me page.  I am sure everyone remebers back in November whenever she had her sob story about her packer and lister Allan that picked up and left, well she has now ammended the exact same story and put in the name Melissa instead:

Tonya the *&#@ wrote:I am NOT perfect -and- We Did Have A Couple Problems!

I don't want to just blame the last guy here, but Melissa has left my employ suddenly due to her health issues (many of you regular readers know she was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer, and has been undergoing chemotherapy. During her last week here, she put in less than 60% of her allotted hours, and had some deals pending, lots of items listed, and put away incorrectly, and generally left a few messes that blew up in my face. But, well, the ball was dropped a few times, and a few people left me negative, or neutral feedback. Some I deserved, some - well, I could have fixed if given the chance. Here is my "thing" - If we screw up, contact me and let me know, and don't be impatient - I attend college full time, and my assistant is pretty new - I will be handling complaints for a while, on my own, until they learn the ropes - so be patient. I will fix problems 90% of the time, and will make it up to you the other 10% of the time. If you get impatient and leave negative feedback before trying to work out the problem - well, that might effect my satisfaction, too. And, when I am not satisfied, it is reflected in MY Feedback, too.

I also find it interesting that she has now listed publicly who is on her blocked list.  That is really professional. :roll:  The again with 44 negatives(27 that have been mutually withdrawn) and a whole sh*tload of other neutrals, I'd bet my own ass that that is not her full blocked list.

Tonya the *&#@ wrote:Yes, the one thing I really, REALLY, love about eBay is: I don't HAVE to deal with people who are unfriendly, jerky, aggressive and mean. Ebay lets you block people like that, with a tool. Yea! Here is my blocked bidders list: celtling, cougarrinard, mail4jeff, metal-lobotomy, nesfusa, paladin1876, ryaenallen, s-mack-1984, sco2197 - yup - 9 people out of the 25,000+ people I have sold to are not worth dealing with ever again.

I wonder if daddy numb nuts is proud? Kind of like Daddy Warbucks only a bigger a$$ hole.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:03 am 

bclarkie wrote:Oh here is another interesting thing, It looks like Tonya has updated here about me page.  I am sure everyone remebers back in November whenever she had her sob story about her packer and lister Allan that picked up and left, well she has now ammended the exact same story and put in the name Melissa instead:

I can't believe I missed the updated page.  What a princess. So to add to her talents of finding her daddy's discounted goodies on the skids at the warehouse, let's add being able to throw former employees under the bus rather than own up to being an unprofessional nutcase.
BTW, from the earlier guy's example, I wouldn't count on Tonya actually handling complaints or fixing any problems...outright confrontations seem to be her forte.

I also find it interesting that she has now listed publicly who is on her blocked list.  That is really professional. :roll:  

Cougar made her block list? Probably wanted an M-Bag...

Interesting she mentioned "tool".  She is one with a capital T.

Mark my words, this "business" may be shut down  by the summer unless daddy sends some help.  From all appearances, since she's lost her "employees" who effective run her business 100% she's obviously way over her head. I've always believed the entire thing was just a tax writeoff anyway and a way to funnel money to his daughter without her actually having to do any "work", and nothing here changes my mind.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:02 am 

Well, I think it's obvious the whole thing is a scam. There is no Allan/Melissa. Nor is there any webring. But all that aside, people can just, well, NOT BUY FROM HER. I have bought 2 things in the past, and both times I paid a pittance. I intentionally bid a pittance, knowing the shipping was going to partially make up for it. In the end, it was well worth it. But generally speaking, I prefer not to deal with sellers like Tonya's Ass Rape Shop.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:20 am 

bclarkie wrote:As much as I would like to relay my true feelings about Tonya, I wont because its not appropriate.  What I will say is that the one word that almost immediately comes to my mind when I think of Tonya begins with a c and is 4 letters long. I am sure that you all can fill in the blanks.

Wow.  Good thing you didn't say how you really feel.    :wink:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 43 of 112123 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 110111112