Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 43 of 112123 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 110111112
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5648
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 18, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:33 am 
 

So Allan leaves and her assistant is going thru chemo? Next I guess she'll find out that Rosalie is carrying Jack's baby, but he doesn't know it because he is secretly in love with Rachel, who is really Fred's long-lost sister that he never knew about, because he grew up in an orphanage..................

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5648
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 18, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:09 am 
 

eBay listings

I thought this was Titan Games?

 WWW  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 656
Joined: Apr 12, 2004
Last Visit: Nov 03, 2021
Location: Perth, Australia

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:28 am 
 

....isn't 'Chemo' the 6-pack toting mexican/latino gardener? :wink:

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 181
Joined: Apr 02, 2004
Last Visit: May 26, 2014
Location: Sierra Foothills, CA

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:44 am 
 

I just had to mention this clown...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Makes the description just ambiguous enough to make these unaware bidders think there getting something which they're not. The photo gives it away of course. No response to repeated questions for clarification.   :(

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:59 am 
 

Why did they bid that high for this book?  Available for cheaper.


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 181
Joined: Apr 02, 2004
Last Visit: May 26, 2014
Location: Sierra Foothills, CA

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:25 am 
 

seeyouinescrow wrote:I just had to mention this clown...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Makes the description just ambiguous enough to make these unaware bidders think there getting something which they're not. The photo gives it away of course. No response to repeated questions for clarification.   :(


Why did they bid that high for this book? Available for cheaper.



That's the thing...the guy's description makes it sound like it's a Cthulhu...when it's obviously not. But the description reads in such a way, that I'm pretty sure the bidders thought it was...sad really

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 671
Joined: Dec 17, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 13, 2019
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:47 am 
 

eBay listings

Careful of this one. This guy has great items, but he cheats on shipping. I purchase something from him last week and he charged me over 27 dollars (!!!) for shipping. The package arrived today and I discovered that the postage cost was 11.40.

 ICQ  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6493
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 02, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:39 am 
 

guerret wrote:This guy has great items, but he cheats on shipping. I purchase something from him last week and he charged me over 27 dollars (!!!) for shipping. The package arrived today and I discovered that the postage cost was 11.40.


If the guy didn't declare the shipping up front, and he's clearly taking the piss if he's charging an undeclares $15 for packing, just charge back through you're credit card. Or through PayPal if you didn't use your credit card.

Dispute the whole amount and claim his actions are unreasonable, and that you believe a theft has occured and he is refusing to respond to your e-mails.

Alternatively, ask for a refund of the $15. I believe that type for fraud is illegal in the US and can be reported to the police as mail fraud.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . gummy bears.

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 671
Joined: Dec 17, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 13, 2019
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:00 pm 
 

Ok, I settled the matter with the guy. I got a 15 dollars refund. He states that he had a 3rd party to manage handling and he was charging too much. Possible, but I am glad that I have been wary.

 ICQ  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7969
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 01, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:01 am 
 

seeyouinescrow wrote:I just had to mention this clown...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Makes the description just ambiguous enough to make these unaware bidders think there getting something which they're not. The photo gives it away of course. No response to repeated questions for clarification.   :(


Check out his feedback...he's an ass pirate of the highest order.  Anyone buying anything from him, it's got to be a huge case of Buyer Beware.....

Mike B.

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:03 am 
 

Badmike wrote:
seeyouinescrow wrote:I just had to mention this clown...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Makes the description just ambiguous enough to make these unaware bidders think there getting something which they're not. The photo gives it away of course. No response to repeated questions for clarification.   :(


Check out his feedback...he's an ass pirate of the highest order.  Anyone buying anything from him, it's got to be a huge case of Buyer Beware.....

Mike B.

He's deliberately misrepresenting his product for the purposes of making a profit.  There's a word for that, and it's not "marketing".   It's "fraud".

 YIM  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7969
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 01, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:39 pm 
 

In my weekly cyber stalking of Tonya's Games, I ran across this unsatisfiedcustomer.  If this is true (there is always going to be doubts I realize) it is pretty hilarious.  It does seem to resemble our girls hilarious recent rants.  It was on a guy's About Me page on Ebay.  In Tonya's defense, the guy is a newbie and pretty much any negative I've ever received has been a newbie.  But still, geez! I've highlighted a couple of classic lines.  I predict if things continue as is, 2006 will be the year of total meltdown for Tonya's Games:


a bad experience with tonyas-games  


Tonyas-games is a very nasty seller and I thought I would take this opportunity in my About Me page to explain exactly how vindictive, dishonest, and threatening this "nice person" can be.

The bottom line is that she charged $12.30 for shipping but only spent $3.50 to mail it. I realize that's actually pretty normal on ebay, but on top of that, she waited 8 days to mail the item which took a total of 19 days to arrive via media mail. Throughout the process, I'd attempted to email her and finally had to call her (13 days after paying) to learn the status of the package.

I thought I was being very polite with my complaint, please read the responses for yourselves.




My first email:

Hi,
 
I received my package today and was somewhat disappointed. The books arrived in fine condition, so there was no problem with that.
 
However it seems that I was overcharged for shipping by almost four times the actual amount you paid, which (while really not very nice) wouldn't be so bad if my package wasn't intentionally delayed by over a week before it was given to usps. I tried emailing you several times to ask for a status and never got a response until I actually called you (over 9 days after my first email was sent).

I plan on leaving the following feedback for our transaction (or whatever will fit in 80 chars):
 
"I paypaled immediately. was charged $12.30 shipping, actual cost $3.51, package held over a week, slow communication"

I'm not extorting anything. I don't want anything. This is just a courtesy because your profile asks to email you with problems before leaving feedback.




tonyas-games response was:

Hi, thanks for writing.

Glad you got your items.  

No, you were not overcharged.  I assume you DID read the auction descriptions, and do realize that my cost of postage has almost NOTHING to do with costs of Shipping and HANDLING. In fact, my cost of LABOR is far higher than the cost of the postage.

I paid a lister $1 per item to list.  I also paid a packer $1 per auction to pull, pack, affix postage, and mail them to you.

I don't know, off the top of my head, how many items you bought, but lets assume 5 items.

That was $10 in handling fee's to cover my labor.  If it was 4 items, then my labor was only $8.

Did your items come in a new box, or in a new envelope?  Those are, oddly enough, not free.

Anyway, glad you got your items.  

As for your complaint about slow communication, I would point out that my packer, Melissa, was hospitalized with cancer of the uteris, and has since gone on to take several doses of Chemo Therapy - and that I, a college student, got stuck packing and helping to train the new guy for about 40-hours last week, and hte week before, to get caught up.

If you don't care, figure my problems are just excuses, then fine by me - leave whatever feedback you like.

So will I.

Tonya King
It Ain't My First Rodeo, Cowboy.


I replied:

Hi,

I see your point, however although the cost was clearly listed in your auction, i'd assumed that i was paying for postage, not for you to pay people because you'd prefer not to mail the package yourself.

I'm sorry your colleague has gotten sick, I wish her a speedy recovery. Cancer is a horrible disease and everyone knows at least one person affected by it.

That said, I see by way of complaints in your other feedback, that this person has been sick for several weeks. As terrible as that is, if I were a seller, I would realize the priority of finding someone else to fill in while she was out, or handle it myself. If you were too overworked to do that (and it sounds like you were getting killed that week) then a partial refund would have been appropriate.

By your "So will I" threat, I will assume you plan on leaving retaliatory feedback. I'm sorry to hear that because I have paid immediately, have been very polite, and I think I have a valid complaint. I'm confident that whoever reads any negative feedback from you about me will agree.



To which she sent:

Wow.  You paid, and I notified you within 24 hours of getting your payment.  Then, your items were shipped within 72 hours, and you paid for MEDIA MAIL, and you blame ME for the slow delivery?

Please, do not bid on my items any more,

Tonya


(This, of course is a complete fabrication. Please review USPS tracking # 9102805213907176116395 for evidence).

I replied:

Hi Tonya,

I think you are confused.

I won on 2/2 and paid immediately. I received a timely note that my payment was received.

On 2/8, I received another note that my items would ship "sometime this week". I responded that for the price of shipping ($13 for $3.50 spent) that I would appreciate a quicker shipping. I did not get a response to that.

On 2/14, I followed up and requested a tracking number but got no response.

On 2/16, I sent another email and also called your number and left a voice mail.

Late that night I received a note from you that my package was sent on 2/10 (8 days after auction close, not 72 hours).

Please review any of my email threads to you for confirmation of the above. In any event, there is no need to be no nasty.



Then I received this threatening email:

You keep assuming, and making stupid errors.  I don't "prefer" not to ship myself, I run a business.  I have employee's.  When I sell a book for 1¢ or even $1.99, I don't make a profit enough to cover expenses, and my S&H fee's are clearly defined in my auction, so you had no room to expect ANYthing  other than what it clearly said.


You don't get a partial refund when you clearly say "I don't want anything" that kind of thing puts you clearly into the "Too many personal problems for me to fix for you" category of idiot customer.  You bought games, and they are not human kidneys.  If you are so impatient that you could not wait for Media mail, you should have opted for priority.  Fairly simple.


My real retaliation is when I forward your eBay account name to my webring, where more than 400 eBay game sellers share idiot customer stories, so we can each block the idiots others have found.

Then, when dozens, even hundreds, of people block you from bidding on their items, YOU lose out.

Live and learn though, huh?

Now, I will ask you - just this one time - do not email me again.  Doing so again will be considered cyberstalking, and will be reported to the laundry list of agencies I have dug up for just that purpose.

Bye,

Tonya

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:47 pm 
 

Badmike wrote:In my weekly cyber stalking of Tonya's Games, I ran across this unsatisfiedcustomer.  If this is true (there is always going to be doubts I realize) it is pretty hilarious.

Wow.  She's definitely going off the deep end there.  8O
[edit]
Oops, forgot to add.  Emailing is not "cyber-stalking".  She's thinking of harassment.

 YIM  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2497
Joined: Feb 07, 2006
Last Visit: Dec 02, 2021
Location: France / Cité des Papes

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:05 pm 
 

Badmike wrote:In my weekly cyber stalking of Tonya's Games, I ran across this unsatisfiedcustomer.  If this is true (there is always going to be doubts I realize) it is pretty hilarious.  It does seem to resemble our girls hilarious recent rants.  It was on a guy's About Me page on Ebay.  In Tonya's defense, the guy is a newbie and pretty much any negative I've ever received has been a newbie.  But still, geez! I've highlighted a couple of classic lines.  I predict if things continue as is, 2006 will be the year of total meltdown for Tonya's Games:


a bad experience with tonyas-games  

...............

Now, I will ask you - just this one time - do not email me again.  Doing so again will be considered cyberstalking, and will be reported to the laundry list of agencies I have dug up for just that purpose.

Bye,

Tonya


I am happy to see that I am not alone... I've got the same problem with Tonya's game. She charged me $45 for shipping 7 modules to France by airmail. 1 month after, nothing (airmail takes 10 days in the worst case). I emailed her 5 times with no responses. I contacted Paypal and notified them for a non-received items. She answered that she have sent the package with a tracking number (a false, since USPS mentionned that it is not a valid number). More than 3 months after I received the books, she paid $6 for shipping them by SURFACE mail. Of course I contact her, again. She immediatly insulted me since I was an "idiot" and some other pretty nice words like this one. And finally threatened me to leave a very bad feedback if I continue to email her...

The worst transaction I ever made on ebay! And the more dishonnest person I had to deal with.

this story was 1 year ago, and her friend was already ill :)

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:03 am 
 

Hey why bother with the facts when you can just act like a complete ass and make lame excuses.  I am curious thought as to what webring she seems to be posting on, because of all the seller that use this forum, I will gaurentee nobody here has heard of it either.  Considering the fact that she sells RPGs, I find that rather odd, but hey like I said before why bother with the facts when you just act like a complete moron.

I also find it very ironic that she has enough time to post on this supposed webring, badmouthing her customers, yet she doesn't have enough time to list and pack her own auctions, nor does she seem to have enough time to ship her stuff in a timely fashion.  As much as I would like to relay my true feelings about Tonya, I wont because its not appropriate.  What I will say is that the one word that almost immediately comes to my mind when I think of Tonya begins with a c and is 4 letters long. I am sure that you all can fill in the blanks.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:33 am 
 

And by the way, the buyers story checks out 100%.

Here are the items that he purhcased.  They were all purchased on February 2,2006 at around 8 pm:

eBay '8737633698' - Invalid Item

eBay '8734796273' - Invalid Item

eBay '8739246261' - Invalid Item

Using the tracking information(tracking # 9102805213907176116395) that he/she posted in Tonya's feedback here

USPS.com® - Track & Confirm

Here is what the USPS says:

Delivered, February 21, 2006, 12:56 pm, TARPON SPRINGS, FL 34688
Enroute, February 15, 2006, 8:32 pm, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Enroute, February 12, 2006, 1:26 pm, ALLEN PARK, MI 48101
Electronic Shipping Info Received *, February 10, 2006


This is about as much proof that needs to be said.  The facts speak for themselves.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7969
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 01, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:40 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:Hey why bother with the facts when you can just act like a complete ass and make lame excuses.  I am curious thought as to what webring she seems to be posting on, because of all the seller that use this forum, I will gaurentee nobody here has heard of it either.  Considering the fact that she sells RPGs, I find that rather odd, but hey like I said before why bother with the facts when you just act like a complete moron.

I also find it very ironic that she has enough time to post on this supposed webring, badmouthing her customers, yet she doesn't have enough time to list and pack her own auctions, nor does she seem to have enough time to ship her stuff in a timely fashion.  As much as I would like to relay my true feelings about Tonya, I wont because its not appropriate.  What I will say is that the one word that almost immediately comes to my mind when I think of Tonya begins with a c and is 4 letters long. I am sure that you all can fill in the blanks.


Is the word "Cute"?

:twisted:

Mike B.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7969
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 01, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:43 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:And by the way, the buyers story checks out 100%.

Here are the items that he purhcased.  They were all purchased on February 2,2006 at around 8 pm:

eBay '8737633698' - Invalid Item

eBay '8734796273' - Invalid Item

eBay '8739246261' - Invalid Item

Using the tracking information(tracking # 9102805213907176116395) that he/she posted in Tonya's feedback here

USPS.com® - Track & Confirm

Here is what the USPS says:

Delivered, February 21, 2006, 12:56 pm, TARPON SPRINGS, FL 34688
Enroute, February 15, 2006, 8:32 pm, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Enroute, February 12, 2006, 1:26 pm, ALLEN PARK, MI 48101
Electronic Shipping Info Received *, February 10, 2006


This is about as much proof that needs to be said.  The facts speak for themselves.


  The entire episode is just fall down laughing hilarious.  I've never seen a seller deflect more since the days of Jonb.  I mean, the guy merely points out that she doesn't list, she doesn't package, she says she's a college student and not an employee, yet she insists she somehow runs a business, he's confused and she attacks him with a bazooka. Nice customer service there. From what I've seen, I could train a slightly irregular orangatuang to run a business in much the same manner, except he might not get negged as much. Her sole contribution to her "business" seems to be her ability to aquire stock that has fallen off her father's trucks and into her lap at a gigantic discount.
 Then again, she's selling twice as much as I am every month.  I may be looking for that primate to train sooner rather than later.
    I will say one point in her favor.  The outrageous shipping is clearly stated upfront.  If you can't do the math and discover you are being ludicrously ripped off, you shouldn't complain later.

Mike B.

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 43 of 112123 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 110111112