Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 42 of 112123 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 110111112
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:55 am 

bclarkie wrote:Well, this thread needed a bump anyway, but it seems our old friend gaunter666 the CD-Burner is selling off his entire collection:

Karma is such a wonderful thing. Compare the opening line of the auction — "I'm getting divorced, boo-hoo, woe is me" — to this feedback response left on 4/19/05 — "Ouch, just got a paper cut from counting all my ebay money." Then let me know if you have any sympathy for this parasite.

BTW, gantner692 or whatever is still listed on the active roster here. Any comments, gauntler?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:24 am 

Is he that idiot I was tooling on for a while here?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:11 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Well, this thread needed a bump anyway, but it seems our old friend gaunter666 the CD-Burner is selling off his entire collection:

Over 250 items of 1 2 3 3 5 edition ultimate Book Lot | eBay

The best part is that he has a $200 shipping cost listed. $200. :roll:

Just emailed him . . . shipping is FREE for local pickup . . . Mapped out Johnstown, PA for the hell of it. I'd like to freakin' drive down there and pick everything up in person (although I know I'm never going to be able to get the Wife to go for that . . .)

Even Gas from Rochester to his place and back should only be around $75.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:24 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:Just emailed him . . . shipping is FREE for local pickup . . . Mapped out Johnstown, PA for the hell of it. I'd like to freakin' drive down there and pick everything up in person

Just a stone's throw from here, but "Johnsontown" just doesn't do it for me.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:41 pm 

Just decided to look around on Ebay...saw the updated page for one of our friends, Tonya's Swap Shop, or other names it goes by courtesy of posters here...
    Well, anyway, seems like Christmas was a little hectic.  The explanation, then the feedback replies, are hilarious.  This is what happens when you "run" your own business but insulate yourself behind other people who basically do all your work for you, you don't know what's going on and so when something goes wrong you can't really handle it, and because you are not used to dealing with problems hands on you panic a little and way overreact when you deal with the public. Check out the explanation on her "About Me" page, then some funny feedback.  Pay attention to the way she deflects blame, but then don't we all..?:

Tonya's Got a New Assistant!

On November 9th I lost my long-time assistant, Allan - who moved on to a bigger city, a new girlfriend and new job prospects - I will Miss you Allan! Now, I have Melissa helping me - Melissa is a college educated, single mom, who is fun, and funny, and friendly. A joy to work with! Yea!

We Did Have A Couple Problems!

I don't want to just blame the last guy here, but Allan left, and had some deals pending, lots of items listed, and put away incorrectly, and generally left a few messes that blew up in my face. (To be fair, he came in several times to help out after he quit, and did help me fix MANY problems). But, well, the ball was dropped a few times, and a few people left me negative, or neutral feedback. Some I deserved, some - well, I could have fixed if given the chance. Here is my "thing" - If we screw up, contact me and let me know, and don't be impatient - I attend college full time, and my assistant is pretty new - I will be handling complaints for a while, on my own, until she learns the ropes - so be patient. I will fix problems 90% of the time, and will make it up to you the other 10% of the time. If you get impatient and leave negative feedback before trying to work out the problem - well, that might effect my satisfaction, too.

the book i received was the wrong one....
 Buyer   buhlig123 ( 19)    Jan-10-06 08:32  8736583840  
Reply by tonyas-games: which you refused to return, wanting it & the other book too - greedy ain't ya?

Item in good condition, delevery a little slow
 Buyer   nyghtmyst ( 5 )    Jan-01-06 07:27  8729332832  
Reply by tonyas-games: You ordered by MEDIA MAIL at Christmas time & surprised it's slow THAT IS STUPID

Paid on time, but is an impatient newby - be careful with this one.
 Seller   tonyas-games ( 6509)    Jan-03-06 08:38  8729332832  
Reply by nyghtmyst: Item was exactly as described, but shiping was prolonged nearly two weeks.   Jan-13-06 18:49  
Follow-up by tonyas-games: Oh my god you are stupid - The mail was slow due to a holiday called "Christmas"   Feb-04-06 08:47

Mike B.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:00 pm 

Badmike wrote:Pay attention to the way she deflects blame, but then don't we all..?:

I never deflect blame, it's all those other people.  :lol:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:15 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:

The best part is that he has a $200 shipping cost listed. $200. :roll:

Just emailed him . . . shipping is FREE for local pickup . . . Mapped out Johnstown, PA for the hell of it. I'd like to freakin' drive down there and pick everything up in person (although I know I'm never going to be able to get the Wife to go for that . . .)

Even Gas from Rochester to his place and back should only be around $75.

Wow.  That's quite a collection to dump off for a starting bid of $100.  If he is the guy who burns CD's of everything, then how come so much of his stuff is still shrinkwrapped?  

I imagine that there will be quite a few bidders interested in this one.

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:27 pm 

Badmike wrote:Just decided to look around on Ebay...saw the updated page for one of our friends, Tonya's Swap Shop, or other names it goes by courtesy of posters here...
  Well, anyway, seems like Christmas was a little hectic. The explanation, then the feedback replies, are hilarious. This is what happens when you "run" your own business but insulate yourself behind other people who basically do all your work for you, you don't know what's going on and so when something goes wrong you can't really handle it, and because you are not used to dealing with problems hands on you panic a little and way overreact when you deal with the public. Check out the explanation on her "About Me" page, then some funny feedback. Pay attention to the way she deflects blame, but then don't we all..?:

Tonya's Got a New Assistant!

On November 9th I lost my long-time assistant, Allan - who moved on to a bigger city, a new girlfriend and new job prospects - I will Miss you Allan! Now, I have Melissa helping me - Melissa is a college educated, single mom, who is fun, and funny, and friendly. A joy to work with! Yea!

We Did Have A Couple Problems!

I don't want to just blame the last guy here, but Allan left, and had some deals pending, lots of items listed, and put away incorrectly, and generally left a few messes that blew up in my face. (To be fair, he came in several times to help out after he quit, and did help me fix MANY problems). But, well, the ball was dropped a few times, and a few people left me negative, or neutral feedback. Some I deserved, some - well, I could have fixed if given the chance. Here is my "thing" - If we screw up, contact me and let me know, and don't be impatient - I attend college full time, and my assistant is pretty new - I will be handling complaints for a while, on my own, until she learns the ropes - so be patient. I will fix problems 90% of the time, and will make it up to you the other 10% of the time. If you get impatient and leave negative feedback before trying to work out the problem - well, that might effect my satisfaction, too.

the book i received was the wrong one....
Buyer  buhlig123 ( 19)  Jan-10-06 08:32 8736583840
Reply by tonyas-games: which you refused to return, wanting it & the other book too - greedy ain't ya?

Item in good condition, delevery a little slow
Buyer  nyghtmyst ( 5 )  Jan-01-06 07:27 8729332832
Reply by tonyas-games: You ordered by MEDIA MAIL at Christmas time & surprised it's slow THAT IS STUPID

Paid on time, but is an impatient newby - be careful with this one.
Seller  tonyas-games ( 6509)  Jan-03-06 08:38 8729332832
Reply by nyghtmyst: Item was exactly as described, but shiping was prolonged nearly two weeks.  Jan-13-06 18:49
Follow-up by tonyas-games: Oh my god you are stupid - The mail was slow due to a holiday called "Christmas"  Feb-04-06 08:47

Mike B.

This is a nice illustration of why it is important to be moderate in your online posts.  Tonya lets her frustrations get in the way and calls her customers "stupid" for mildly criticizing her.  In business it is far better to take your licks, apologize and try to make it right.  

Customers have a right to criticize.  The idea that a seller is supposed to use their own feedback as extortion to silence criticism is outrageous to me.  A seller should give me positive feedback as soon as I pay because that constitutes my part of the bargain.  The burden to deliver falls more heavily on the seller and that is as it should be.

I would also have been much more impressed if Tonya had not laid the blame off on "Allan" and even more impressed if she had not used his name.  She must have been a bit pissed at him for leaving her with a bit of disorder to sort out.  It would have been better to take responsibility as the business owner and just apologized to the customers and gone on.  I could respect and trust a business owner (and...most importantly...purchased from them again) who has made mistakes but owns up to them and vows to do better.

I have learned the hard way online that less is always more and more is almost always too much...unless you are giving praise or otherwise saying positive things.  

Read what you wrote, cringe and learn not to spout off so hard next time.

Mark   8)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:33 pm 

$200 shipping! I know the material components for "Teleport without error" are expensive but this seems a little high to me? :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:18 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:   This is a nice illustration of why it is important to be moderate in your online posts. Tonya lets her frustrations get in the way and calls her customers "stupid" for mildly criticizing her. In business it is far better to take your licks, apologize and try to make it right.

Customers have a right to criticize. The idea that a seller is supposed to use their own feedback as extortion to silence criticism is outrageous to me. A seller should give me positive feedback as soon as I pay because that constitutes my part of the bargain. The burden to deliver falls more heavily on the seller and that is as it should be.

I would also have been much more impressed if Tonya had not laid the blame off on "Allan" and even more impressed if she had not used his name. She must have been a bit pissed at him for leaving her with a bit of disorder to sort out. It would have been better to take responsibility as the business owner and just apologized to the customers and gone on. I could respect and trust a business owner (and...most importantly...purchased from them again) who has made mistakes but owns up to them and vows to do better.

I have learned the hard way online that less is always more and more is almost always too much...unless you are giving praise or otherwise saying positive things.

Read what you wrote, cringe and learn not to spout off so hard next time.

Mark  8)

I'm not immune, I've screwed up before and I will again.  But the buck stops here, as I do all my own listing, packing, buying, selling, etc.  In Tonya's case she has insulated herself since her "lister" and "packer" seem to do pretty much all the work, while she just finances the entire thing and goes to college.  It's obvious that not being hands on, dealing with customers everyday, or being aware of what is going on was a bit of a problem.  This is the main reason why I've toyed with the idea of "helpers" but never fully given myself over to this....I KNOW what I am dealing with, I'm sure Tonya did not know the mess "Allan" left her with until he did leave.  It's a tight rope all of us independent dealers walk, sometimes you can bite off more than you can chew, but in the end you and you alone are responsible....unless you can blame it on the post office  :lol:  
    Anyway, buyers please consider this, the individual service you receive from independents far outweighs any benefits of dealing with large conglomerates.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:16 pm 

Check this auction out now. Now we have 2 other shady sellers trying buy off a 3rd completely different shady seller. it's a shady dealer fest, how ironic. :lol: I am going to personally guarentee that when this auction is completeld, that either someobody gets screwed(buyer or seller), someone is going to be selling illegal pdfs/photocopies of this material, or both for that matter. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:33 pm 

It's like an idiot-fest! And we get to sit back and watch!

The perfect ending would be for Cougie to win and demand M-bag shipment; I'd love to overhear some of those negotiations. Even better would be for gantlerz743 to let Cougie win, then cut him off at the kness for barging into a non-UK auction.

Either way, we win. BC's right: there is no way this transaction will end without someone trying to screw someone else. It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of a**holes.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:45 pm 

I just bumped up Cougie's bid a touch — man, I crack myself up. :) I suspect he's loaded up something like an $818 or $888 bid; he loves those symmetrical figures. If I knew for sure, I'd take him right up to his limit ... miserable thieving prick that he is, I wish I could do more.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:38 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:I just bumped up Cougie's bid a touch — man, I crack myself up. :) I suspect he's loaded up something like an $818 or $888 bid; he loves those symmetrical figures. If I knew for sure, I'd take him right up to his limit ... miserable thieving prick that he is, I wish I could do more.

Well, at least you're able to stay neutral about the guy.   :wink:

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:14 am 

No, you're right — he's gotten under my skin. He makes me insane ... okay, deep breaths. Must take deep breaths ...

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:02 pm 

$1,009 for the winner, Cougie the first runner-up at $999 (gotta love those predictable Cougie bids). It will be interesting to check back in a couple of weeks and see if the parties have exchanged feedback ...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:16 pm 

More masterful bon mots from one of our favorite sellers.  Running a business and dealing with customers can be HARD, so I've heard:

Seller is morally bankrupt. Blames everyone else for her own short-comings.
 Buyer   ryaenallen ( 332)    Feb-10-06 01:38  8754926573  
Reply by tonyas-games: My assistant is out sick for chemo & this item shipped 2 days late CLUELESS DORK   Feb-10-06 08:18

Worst Human Being I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.
 Seller   tonyas-games ( 6577)    Feb-09-06 12:51  8754926573  
Reply by ryaenallen: Because she can't live up to the standards she expects of her buyers, apparently   Feb-10-06 01:55  
Follow-up by tonyas-games: I told U my assistant is sick from chemo-this shipped 2 days late CLUELESS DORK   Feb-10-06 08:20

And

Very nasty attitude. If you ask for information the will call you a jerk + more
 Buyer   mail4jeff ( 174)    Feb-16-06 14:59  8756327921  
Reply by tonyas-games: Started off Vulgar and nasty, now won't STOP emailing me. Cyber Stalker FREAK

I can not possibly say what I would like to say about this person. :)
 Seller   tonyas-games ( 6577)    Feb-16-06 16:52  8756327921  
Reply by mail4jeff: She is a very rude person.My mistake was BUYING from her & paying the same day!   Feb-16-06 17:48  
Follow-up by tonyas-games: Your mistake was trying to use vulgar language on a young women, you are a bully

Allan, come back!!!!

Mike B.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:47 pm 

My God, she's the American version of Cougar — nothing is ever her fault.

And, man, I am in such a huge hurry to spend my money with a vindictive shrew who will jack up the shipping by 400 percent or more ... :?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 42 of 112123 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 110111112