Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 41 of 112123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 110111112
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:05 am 

radagast wrote:
youffie404 wrote:Could be a coincidence, but...
:lol:

A coincidence ... :?
or
A shill, but a very stupid one 8O

BTW, I love rugby, exspecially Five Nations ... (Six :?:)
It's hard for me to say that but ... Italy is not at the same level of England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and your France, don't you think?!

Cheers
Giorgio

Hey, Giorgio,

You are wrong, with 3 wins and 27 defeats during the past 6 years, your team is not far away from the record I made with my favorite bloodbowl halfling team.  8)
Hmm I was kidding, sorry for that. I prefer soccer, because I live in the north of France. Only the southern France like rugby. And if we talk about soccer, our teams are not as the same level as yours... but with Vieri who knows?

Arrivederci e grazie!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:25 am 

Sei Nazioni.

However, there actually is a good group of rugby lovers out here. o I'd not dare call this a shill too quickly.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:06 am 

guerret wrote:I'd not dare call this a shill too quickly.

Sure, you are absolutely right, but it was funny to point out, I can not resist  :oops: .
To be honest, I have already asked the seller the permission for bidding from France, so I would not anathematize him!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:00 pm 

Lewisexi wrote:At the expense of being labelled supporter number three...just wanted to say I've bought a fair bit from Cougs in the past with only one minor incident. He once forgot one item in a win of ten or so items in the package. Was only worth a pound or so and I decided not persue it. I figured it's not worth taking up for that amount of money afterall, if he *was* going to defraud he'd make it alot more than that I'm sure!

His shipping may not be the fastest or the cheapest but his prices usually make up for the shipping costs in the UK. Always seemed ok to me so I'll keep using him. Not that for one minute I disbeleive what you folks say but as long as he's straight with me I got no probs really.

I think the pattern here is that he's mostly not going to rip off UK customers...mainly because you have the recourse of actually showing up on his doorstep.  He figures that the casual seller from across the ocean isn't going to show up.
    These sort of rip off artists, like the aforementioned and demonized Jonb, have ripple effects.  I know the Uk buyers have mentioned they have no problems with Cougie, but how many US sellers now include the words "NO UK BUYERS!" in their auctions precisely because of this kind of crook?  It was the same issue from a lot of members here who were dealing with Jonb while others got ripped off: "Hey, I got my stuff ok so no problem".  The ripple effect is that for every successful sale, Jonb made more money and had more tme to rip off other innocent sellers for every "legal" buck he made.  Also, he stole money from the pockets of other legitimate dealers on these forums indirectly by both providing lousy service and stealing from potential customers.  If someone gets food poisoning at the local Chinese take out place, they might start avoiding Chinese food all together.
  Speaking of Satan (Jonb), what about the theory that since Ebay had eliminated the seller from saying the buyer can't use a credit card with Paypal, he may be gone for good?  Nothing now to prevent anyone from just charging back on their credit card, even months later, when they don't get their goods.  Unless he pops up and says he accepts only checks and money orders, that might be it for his scam.

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:54 pm 

Badmike wrote:Speaking of Satan (Jonb), what about the theory that since Ebay had eliminated the seller from saying the buyer can't use a credit card with Paypal, he may be gone for good?

Unfortunately there are still plenty of sellers who say they won't take credit cards with Paypal.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:27 am 

NetRodent wrote:Unfortunately there are still plenty of sellers who say they won't take credit cards with Paypal.

This is actually something PayPal/eBay will act on. And, no matter what any of us might think of the rule (as discussed on at least one other thread here), it's there, it's not going away anytime soon, and it's eBay's playground — they get to make the rules.

I've reported non-compliant sellers three times now, and eBay/PayPal took very swift action every time. In two cases, I tried to keep everything friendly, but I didn't like my payments being refused by sellers who hadn't done any homework (or hadn't read their e-mail from PayPal, or whatever).

(The third case, BTW, was the jackass with the obvious Compleat Tavern rip-offs. Reporting him got his listings removed; he did re-post them with some rambling about how he "no longer accepted PayPal," but it did put a dent into his plans. Man, what an asshat that guy was ... :roll:)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:22 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:(The third case, BTW, was the jackass with the obvious Compleat Tavern rip-offs. Reporting him got his listings removed; he did re-post them with some rambling about how he "no longer accepted PayPal," but it did put a dent into his plans. Man, what an asshat that guy was ... :roll:)

well i guess from that perspective, as with BCs on Jonb, you can at least have an inkling on seeing these ppl coming a mile away.

i have to admit, it isnt often at all i will bid on something that isnt paypal/CC.

only time i do, is if a good friend of mine over there does it for me (forever grateful for that), or over here. over here if someone fecks me over i will go and sort it out personally, so that aint bad.

glad to hear ebay actually get off their arse and do something about it!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:57 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:
NetRodent wrote:Unfortunately there are still plenty of sellers who say they won't take credit cards with Paypal.

This is actually something PayPal/eBay will act on. And, no matter what any of us might think of the rule (as discussed on at least one other thread here), it's there, it's not going away anytime soon, and it's eBay's playground — they get to make the rules.

I've reported non-compliant sellers three times now, and eBay/PayPal took very swift action every time. In two cases, I tried to keep everything friendly, but I didn't like my payments being refused by sellers who hadn't done any homework (or hadn't read their e-mail from PayPal, or whatever).

(The third case, BTW, was the jackass with the obvious Compleat Tavern rip-offs. Reporting him got his listings removed; he did re-post them with some rambling about how he "no longer accepted PayPal," but it did put a dent into his plans. Man, what an asshat that guy was ... :roll:)

Ditto, the two times I've reported it the seller seemed to change the description pretty quickly, so they must have gotten through to him almost immediately.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:52 pm 

Seriously, how does someone with feedback this freakin' bad remain on Ebay:

D&D Dungeon Masters Guide | eBay

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:15 am 

I wonder if there's a threshold below which sellers are cancelled.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:33 am 

If there is, it's lower than that.  Here's an example of one that some of us are familiar with:

eBay Feedback Profile for brucem253

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:00 pm 

:D Brucem+ Coug....It is cute to see the two of them pissing on each other's toes...

Bree-Yark!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:15 pm 

RWilson wrote::D Brucem+ Coug....It is cute to see the two of them pissing on each other's toes...

And Coug found a new friend, who want to make him pay the price, the high price...

eBay.com Item Bid History

(look at the bid retractation)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:18 pm 

youffie404 wrote:
RWilson wrote::D Brucem+ Coug....It is cute to see the two of them pissing on each other's toes...

And Coug found a new friend, who want to make him pay the price, the high price...

(look at the bid retractation)

Wow, what a blatant ass whipping!  Really nothing Cougie can do about it, either, as it's just someone raising his bids  who is not the seller, so it's not shilling. Also check out the comments from Gseddler, pretty funny.  

Mike B.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:08 pm 

brucem253 "max" is finally gone from eBay.  At least in this demonic form.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:35 pm 

Here's also gone from here ... I was trolling the memberlist looking for something else when I noticed no "maxwell."

You know, if you're removed from eBay and banned from the Acaeum, it's like you never existed at all! DUN-DUN-DUNNN! 8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:06 am 

Well, this thread needed a bump anyway, but it seems our old friend gaunter666 the CD-Burner is selling off his entire collection:

Over 250 items of 1 2 3 3 5 edition ultimate Book Lot | eBay

The best part is that he has a $200 shipping cost listed. $200. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:38 am 

bclarkie wrote:Well, this thread needed a bump anyway, but it seems our old friend gaunter666 the CD-Burner is selling off his entire collection:

Over 250 items of 1 2 3 3 5 edition ultimate Book Lot | eBay

The best part is that he has a $200 shipping cost listed. $200. :roll:

i know who i would like to see bid on that. would be nice and fitting :)

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 41 of 112123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 110111112