Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 39 of 112123 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:31 am 

Seems good ole Coug has stolen someone elses money:

eBay Feedback Profile for camarord

Sad part is I remeber this auction and I knew that this was going to happen.  This was that auction that the seller had listed that DUngeon Magazines 1-24 were included and in reality it was only like DUngeons 1 & 24 that were included. I guess Cougar never bothered to follow up on that part and instead of going for the partial refund or full refund by sending it back to the seller, he figured "What the hell I might as well take his money and his stuff".  What a dick.  It is instances like this that are precicely the reason I will never deal with Cougar again. :roll:  It is so obvious that Cougar is a thief, becuase if he isn't I have never seen someone in my entire life on EBay that had so many packages never arrive.  I have said it before and I will say it again, but if Coug has so many difficulitesd getting his parcel via M-bag, why does he insist on continuing to use them to have stuff shipped.  The answer actually is quite simple, he does it becuase it is untrackable and he can just charge anything back that he wants. He is just a flat out thief, and to be honest not a very good one at that.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:37 am 

bclarkie wrote:Seems good ole Coug has stolen someone elses money:

eBay Feedback Profile for camarord

Sad part is I remeber this auction and I knew that this was going to happen. This was that auction that the seller had listed that DUngeon Magazines 1-24 were included and in reality it was only like DUngeons 1 & 24 that were included. I guess Cougar never bothered to follow up on that part and instead of going for the partial refund or full refund by sending it back to the seller, he figured "What the hell I might as well take his money and his stuff". What a dick. It is instances like this that are precicely the reason I will never deal with Cougar again. :roll: It is so obvious that Cougar is a thief, becuase if he isn't I have never seen someone in my entire life on EBay that had so many packages never arrive. I have said it before and I will say it again, but if Coug has so many difficulitesd getting his parcel via M-bag, why does he insist on continuing to use them to have stuff shipped. The answer actually is quite simple, he does it becuase it is untrackable and he can just charge anything back that he wants. He is just a flat out thief, and to be honest not a very good one at that.

I agree, he uses the M-bag as a ploy to sucker in people then complains to Ebay.  Nothing but a common thief!

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:42 am 

Actually continuing on my Cougar sop box for the day, but has anyone ever noticed that no matter what the situation Cougar never, and I mean never, ever admits to being wrong???? No matter what the situation that occurs it is always and I mean always the other persons fault. If he gets bad feedback for slow delivery, its the postal services fault, if he gets bad feedback for totally misdescribed items, its the buyers fault for either a) he should have asked more questions, b) he should have contacted me first, c) this person is a newbie so they must be wrong, or d) my feedback is far superior to yours so I must be right. Another thing about Cougar that really pisses me off, is that has anyone ever noticed how many 1st time negative feedbacks he has given his buyers and sellers that he has dealt with. Seriously if I were a betting man I would say that at least 50% of the negs that he has given are given to other users as a first time neg(s). It is is so obvious that he is a lying piece of sh*t it is ridiculous. :evil: I kow that others have defended him in the past, but to me the coincidneces have been built up to the point where it starts to become very obvious that this issues that he has are not coincidences that not everyone else in the world besides Dave is lying and most likely in most situations it is him doing the lying. Oh well, I digress..........

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:56 am 

hey guys

i only defend him to the point, from MY OWN point of view. he has made mistakes with me and owned up to them etc and we have sorted it no problemo. but thats it.

other stuff, i cannot answer for and will abstain from commenting cos i know diddly about it.

fair point tho. if a method of post if so bad that things aint getting to you, dont use it.

me for one, havent had 1 m-bag go missing ever.

funny one that m-bag bri, corey sent me that 25th anniv set in one :D :D :D :D :D funny or what :D it was packaged like nothing i have ever seen before - most impressive packaging ever.

damn wheres corey - he makes me laugh :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:17 am 

I can only talk about my experiences with Cougie. I've done maybe £750 worth of business with him over the past 2 years, and its always gone sweet.

I've never used M-bags, but I have had stuff from the US go missing, and arrive damaged, and more often than not I put it down to the ignorance of the seller. I have also had stuff I sell go missing and that's why I only ship recorded/registered.

Strangely enough, all the buyers who have said something never arrived, and all of the sellers who's stuff never turned up, are not regular contributors to Acaeum. It seems as though if you buy and sell withing the community, all the shipping problems go away.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:32 am 

Guys, I am not by any means being critical of you at all. I have dealt with Cougar as well in the past and did so without a hitch. My only point about it is that these things seem to "keep" happening and it starts to reflect a pattern of behavior, a pattern that reflects that he's not an honest person, thats all. I have shipped out several hundered parcels all over the world so far in my time and I as of yet have had one not show up. Maybe, I have been lucky to this point, I don't know, but it just seems with Cougar, it happens at least once a month. In 7 years on EBay, I have had a grand total of 3 auction wins not show up to me, and of those 3, 2 are no longer registered users for not only trying to steal from me, but also from sveral others, and the 3rd has a feedback percentage of like 50% in 40 feedbacks, because she stole from a bunch of people many years ago and EBay never got around to booting her. EBay was not as vigilant in booting people 7 years ago as they are now, which even still is not saying much. :roll:

FWIW, I have dealt with both of you in the past, enjoyed doing so, and I would not even hesitate to do so again in the future. :wink: Like I said, I am by no means being critical of you guys at all, I am just pointing out what seems to be obvious to me about Cougar. :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:40 am 

well no offence taken on my part at all :)

would deal anytime - always lots of fun!

*scoots off trying to think of a way of hijacking someones blasted lands*

:D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:09 pm 

My experience with this guy is the following. I purchased a very small package, about GPB 10, from him. Add to that GBP 6 for shipping, and that still makes for a rather small amount. The item never arrived, and, IN THE FIRST PLACE, i asked him o send me a scanned copy of the receipt.

His response was not what I expected. He replied that the item had likely gotten lost in the mail, and he was offering me a partial refund (thet means he was refunding me the cost of the item, but not the shipping expense. I did not get the ALREADY REQUESTED scan, and asked again for it. His next reply was that he had already given it to the PO to issue a claim, so he couldn't give it to me.

I was still in doubt, so I told him that either he had made a mistake or he was being dishonest, and this situation qualified for a neutral feedback (despite the partial refund). He got upset and threatened me of leaving a negative feedback, saying that 1 over 5000 FB is naught, but my FB would have dropped 4%. Plus he said that he couldn't be dishonest over 6 GBP, since the last ayment he had received was 400 GBP and such discourses. At that point, I was so screwed up, that I completely refused his refund and sent him off to hell, vowing never to trade with him again.

My suspicion is that he is rather honest on high-cost packages, where the buyer would suffer a negative feedback in order to recover 50 GBP or the like, but he tries to gain as much as he can on the smaller purchases, where a possible (low-feedback) buyer will rather give up a few pounds rather than get a negative. On the other hand, there are several people who don't care with feedback and prefer issuing a negative to him in any case.

However, he cares a great lot about feedback, and this explains the HUGE quantity of mutual withdraws he has. I believe that he starts whining whenever he receives a negative in hope that the buyer (who has certainly also received a neg...) will agree to withdraw.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:20 pm 

The recourse as a buyer is simple. Recorded mail, and chargebacks.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:27 pm 

Here's a "Did you know?".

Did you know that you can only get three mutual withdrawals in a one month period? Waaaay back when the game emporium emailed me to bitch about all the negative stuff being said to him on the Acaeum (a few conversations followed) he mentioned that he was at the limit for mutual withdrawals (even though he had many more buyers that had agreed to it) and he was pretty pissed at ebay.

:roll: :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:54 pm 

I've never won anything from cougarrinard, but I've bid on his stuff in the past.  Not a chance in hell, anymore.  You'd think everyone complaining about him on Acaeum would be enough, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.  Big mistake.

The solidifying moment for me was seeing a recent negative feedback tirade against a friend of mine.  I've known the bidder personally for the last 17 years, and he's a class act all the way.  The only negative he's received to date is from cougar.  Incidentally, the best DM I ever played with, too.  :wink:

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:12 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:I've never won anything from cougarrinard, but I've bid on his stuff in the past. Not a chance in hell, anymore. You'd think everyone complaining about him on Acaeum would be enough, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Big mistake.

Prior to finding the Acaeum I actually purchased a Dark and Hidden ways from him for about $17.00 (IIRC)  it was mailed out over a week after the item was paid for but arrived OK.

Still I am with you guys, BAN THE COUGAR

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:36 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:The recourse as a buyer is simple. Recorded mail, and chargebacks.

It's even simpler than that — just ignore the prick. He's got nothing that can't be found, given a minimum of time and patience, from an actual human seller.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:47 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:
Deadlord36 wrote:The recourse as a buyer is simple. Recorded mail, and chargebacks.

It's even simpler than that — just ignore the prick. He's got nothing that can't be found, given a minimum of time and patience, from an actual human seller.

Looks like a hint that he is inhuman.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:00 pm 

bclarkie wrote:[ Image ]

Brian beat me to the exact problem I have with Cougie: it's a pattern of behavior (or "behaviour" for our UK friends). :wink:

Never being wrong ... using feedback as a weapon ... the continual, mysterious M-bag disasters ... the reprehensible treatment of eBay newbies ... the jumping in on U.S.-only auctions without permission to bid ... the desperate cry for attention with the whole "I'm a Ham-Sandwich-Flavored Powerseller" speech ... it all adds up to a pattern. Frankly, it's pretty much a pattern of anti-social behavior, but I'll leave the exact clinical diagnosis for the head-shrinkers. My diagnosis: he's the biggest dick on eBay.

For extra laughs, also see:

God couger is a retard and should be kicked off ebay....

Cougarinard

Well its been a few days, time for a couger bash?

(just three examples among many ... )

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:11 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Guys, I am not by any means being critical of you at all. I have dealt with Cougar as well in the past and did so without a hitch. My only point about it is that these things seem to "keep" happening and it starts to reflect a pattern of behavior, a pattern that reflects that he's not an honest person, thats all. I have shipped out several hundered parcels all over the world so far in my time and I as of yet have had one not show up. Maybe, I have been lucky to this point, I don't know, but it just seems with Cougar, it happens at least once a month. In 7 years on EBay, I have had a grand total of 3 auction wins not show up to me, and of those 3, 2 are no longer registered users for not only trying to steal from me, but also from sveral others, and the 3rd has a feedback percentage of like 50% in 40 feedbacks, because she stole from a bunch of people many years ago and EBay never got around to booting her. EBay was not as vigilant in booting people 7 years ago as they are now, which even still is not saying much. :roll:

FWIW, I have dealt with both of you in the past, enjoyed doing so, and I would not even hesitate to do so again in the future. :wink: Like I said, I am by no means being critical of you guys at all, I am just pointing out what seems to be obvious to me about Cougar. :)

He is by far the worst seller of RPGs on Ebay, although Creepie is challenging him (based on sheer assholeness, not bad service).  I agree with Brian.  No one professionally selling RPGs on Ebay loses as many packages as Cougie, and no one has as many negs and mutual withdrawls in this community unless Keep or Jonb pop up again.  
   However, I don't mind it as much, in the Acaeum community apparantly only Ian and Al will deal with him (which , BTW, I think has a lot to do with the fact that they are in the same country as him and so his usual excuses of lost M-Bags won't fly in their cases) which cuts him out of a huge lucrative market.  Just makes my business much, much easier  :D Thanks Cougie!!!
  Speaking of dickheads, I was going to make a new thread but it can go here.  I was going to announce that because of Creepie, my sales have been shooting through the roof on certain items.  I want to personally thank him because I believe he is singlehandedly pushing BIN's in my Ebay store to all time highs.
  It works like this (I guess it's ok to let you guys in on the secret, might as well all of us profit by his stupidity).  Find an item Creepie has in his store for something like a 9000 percent markup.  For example, Return to Temple of Elemental Evil at $95 (when it typically sells for $50 in mint condition).  Try to find items that either no other Ebay store owners or only a few besides Creepie have listed.  List your item at HALF Creepie's total, since you will still make an ungodly amount of profit because of his idiotic markup.  Newbies perusing Ebay will thus see both your price and Creepies when calling up the item, and quickly snatch yours up thinking they are getting a gigantic bargain!
  I have been doing this the last month or so, and stuff is literally FLYING out of my Ebay store. I cannot definitively say the reason it's going so fast is because of comparison with Creepie's prices, but as of this point this point he evidence is getting stronger every time I do it.  Someone else give it a shot and see if it works for you.

Mike B.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:24 pm 

The cat seems to know he has two allies on the board and will not hurt them in order to save his reputation.
You all KNOW he is a thief, even if you have not been hit YOURSELF.

Why not do what you suggested, for dealing with thieves, and see what reaction you get?
I like this idea

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:36 pm 

At the expense of being labelled supporter number three...just wanted to say I've bought a fair bit from Cougs in the past with only one minor incident. He once forgot one item in a win of ten or so items in the package. Was only worth a pound or so and I decided not persue it. I figured it's not worth taking up for that amount of money afterall, if he *was* going to defraud he'd make it alot more than that I'm sure!

His shipping may not be the fastest or the cheapest but his prices usually make up for the shipping costs in the UK. Always seemed ok to me so I'll keep using him. Not that for one minute I disbeleive what you folks say but as long as he's straight with me I got no probs really.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 39 of 112123 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 110111112