Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 36 of 112123 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 110111112
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:52 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Heh, yea I reported him way back in the spring for it, and EBay gave him the don't do that again slap on the wrist 3 week suspension. :roll:

Yes, but you haven't reported the user formerly known as "thecoinhut", have you?

Anyhow, I thought they eventually suspended keep permanently, so by changing his other user ID he's dodging that ban (a definite "no, no") rather blatantly.

Worth a try, perhaps? :?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:26 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:It's precisely because of sellers splitting them up that the complete sets - especially the shrinkwrapped ones - will continue to rise in value like that.  :wink:

*smiles at ppl paying $125*

i have 1 set of my own, mainly due to me shelling out a silly price for L3 *and dont even go there david*

and i have some on my website somewhere with 1 more to add still - too tired atm to be arsed....asking for considerably less then $125 :)

but hey ebay is the way man :)

*sits there tempted to list one or two there instead*

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:29 am 

bclarkie wrote:Heh, yea I reported him way back in the spring for it, and EBay gave him the don't do that again slap on the wrist 3 week suspension. :roll:

it pisses me off so bad that ppl get away with these things. you try and do the right thing and when summit is wrong, ebay WON'T do anything about it. grr  :evil:

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:06 pm 

How about this one:

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 2nd Edition | eBay

A$$ Hole Seller wrote: reserve the right to pull this Item anytime During this Auction. This item is for sale locally and also on 2 other Auction sites. If I pull it you will be notified by this company on how this item went and for how Much. (If I have another item like the one you are bidding on, I will offer it toward your winning bit, on this auction:) Best of luck.

You have got to love blatant Ebay rules violations right in the listing. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:20 pm 

bclarkie wrote:You have got to love blatant Ebay rules violations right in the listing. :roll:

wow! did you see the other bit a little lower down the listing:

Handling

$13.50 Handling fee if you choose not to pickup item. This does not apply to books, Clothing or {computer (small) parts}. This does apply to bulky items.

8O  8O  8O

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:19 am 

Anyone know anything about these guys?

trollandtoad.com/Role-Playing-Games/922 ... p1n10.html

Check out the collection of rares! They must have one of everything. The only reason I've listed them here is on account of the prices.

So, does anyone know anything about them? Anyone dealt with them before? Do they visit the board?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:31 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Anyone know anything about these guys?

Check out the collection of rares! They must have one of everything. The only reason I've listed them here is on account of the prices.

So, does anyone know anything about them? Anyone dealt with them before? Do they visit the board?

I bought from these guys at Gencon when they were primarily Magic card dealers; at that time they had great prices 8).  At the last Gencon in August they sat at the front in the auction and virtually bid on every item until it got to expensive for resale.  They probably think old AD&D is the next big thing in collectable games, they may be in for a bit of a surprise.  Stick with what you know.

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:41 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:Anyone know anything about these guys?

I bought from these guys at Gencon when they were primarily Magic card dealers; at that time they had great prices 8). At the last Gencon in August they sat at the front in the auction and virtually bid on every item until it got to expensive for resale. They probably think old AD&D is the next big thing in collectable games, they may be in for a bit of a surprise. Stick with what you know.

J

Actually if you look, they really dont have anything really rare in their inventory. They have items listed and have prices for them, but the quanity available on almost everything is 0. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:01 am 

I seem to recall a very negative experience with them, but I am not 100% sure.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:12 am 

bclarkie wrote:Actually if you look, they really dont have anything really rare in their inventory. They have items listed and have prices for them, but the quanity available on almost everything is 0. :wink:

I missed that. So they have no real stock.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:28 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I missed that. So they have no real stock.

yeah i noticed that they dont actually have anything useful in the end.

ne'mind eh :)

and anyway ian, you cant afford anything, so stop tempting yourself or i am gonna tell your wife :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:33 am 

actually, you know, just looking back at their site again, did you get a look at their prices?  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O

holy cow!

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:40 am 

killjoy32 wrote:anyway ian, you cant afford anything, so stop tempting yourself or i am gonna tell your wife  :D

No. They just bought my 1st Blackmoor and GDH. So I went for a looksee.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:13 pm 

mbassoc wrote:So, does anyone know anything about them? Anyone dealt with them before? Do they visit the board?

Evidently, they visit Acaeum, though perhaps not the forums section:

trollandtoad.com/p133808.html?PHPSESSID ... 7cb40bf2f2
How else would they have come up with the "3rd print beta" terminology? :)  And yes, those prices are ridiculous.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:14 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:anyway ian, you cant afford anything, so stop tempting yourself or i am gonna tell your wife :D

No. They just bought my 1st Blackmoor and GDH. So I went for a looksee.

At the auction they were bidding real high on some of the rares, hard to believe there is any room for mark-up.  I think they went $240.00 for shrink R2 with is above retail.

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:30 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:No. They just bought my 1st Blackmoor and GDH. So I went for a looksee.

At the auction they were bidding real high on some of the rares, hard to believe there is any room for mark-up. I think they went $240.00 for shrink R2 with is above retail.

J

The thing i hate most about moronic numbnuts like them, Titan games, Creep, etc, is that if they bought out my entire stock, they would STILL have plenty of room to mark it up to heaven and make a huge profit.  Same with Guido, BTB, BClarkie, etc, we have have room for massive markup.  But mostly my stuff, since I wouldn't mind selling it all and having some moronic numbnuts double the price on it and then sit on it for a year or so...... :)  Plus, I need the  bread.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:44 pm 

Badmike wrote:The thing i hate most about moronic numbnuts like them, Titan games, Creep, etc, is that if they bought out my entire stock, they would STILL have plenty of room to mark it up to heaven and make a huge profit. Same with Guido, BTB, BClarkie, etc, we have have room for massive markup. But mostly my stuff, since I wouldn't mind selling it all and having some moronic numbnuts double the price on it and then sit on it for a year or so...... :) Plus, I need the bread.

Mike B.

which is why, as often as poss, i would like to see the valuations page as up to date, so that we/you can be aware of the current state of affairs so to speak, so more ppl than ever are aware of ppl like that who are just looking to capitalise on the unwary.

sure ppl can make $$$ but its to what degree you do so that will annoy the hell out of everyone else around you (prb not that you would really care mind)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:52 pm 

I've gotten burned by them twice.  They give very detailed descriptions to back up their claims on printings, versions, etc., but what I received IN BOTH CASES was not what was described.  They offered a refund in one case, which I took them up on.  I think it was a falsely advertised 1st PHB that turned out to be a 6th print.  I'd steer clear.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 36 of 112123 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 110111112