Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 35 of 112123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:38 pm 

Hmm, trying to figure out where seeyouinescrow's post went. :?

Anyway, I did a little digging on our old friend creep1962 and it seems that he is not so popular in the Miniture collecting community as well:

http://www.maxminis.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8757

http://boards.avalonhill.com/showthread ... ge=2&pp=10

Can't say that I am really not surprised.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:23 am 

Sorry bc (and others)...here it is again...I thought perhaps I made an error in lambasting this seller :oops:, and didn't care to look foolish ...but no, I am correct. It appears as he's ripping off pictures from this site  :evil: (which is becoming WAY to common)...then lying about it. Of course grodog exposed him with a more detailed question, but in my follow up, he still won't admit it..but oh well...mostly just wanted to vent :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:50 am 

"The Dungeon Master Guide that I am holding in my hand, which is for sale, and the Dungeon Master Guide that is pictured are exactly the same.." which doesn't say it is the picture of his one for sale..

and actually with the above links I've run across a nice site that lists all a ebay users neg and neutral comments, saves looking through their entire history

Toolhaus.org

Brette:)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:37 am 

seeyouinescrow wrote:Sorry bc (and others)...here it is again...I thought perhaps I made an error in lambasting this seller :oops:, and didn't care to look foolish ...but no, I am correct. It appears as he's ripping off pictures from this site :evil: (which is becoming WAY to common)...then lying about it. Of course grodog exposed him with a more detailed question, but in my follow up, he still won't admit it..but oh well...mostly just wanted to vent :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

sorry i dont beat about the bush like you lot. lets see if he replies to THIS:

"hey there. have just come across your auction with interest as i am looking for as perfect a set of these books as i can find. however, after looking at your pics on the auction, i noticed that the corners all around the pics are trimmed off, which is always a worry to me. i also noticed that the pics on the auction are remarkably similar to the following pics: Page Not Found, Page Not Found and Page Not Found . i come across it often now that the books i receive are nothing like what the pictures on the auction look like. so therefore, please clarify that the pictures on the auction are ones taken by you of the actual item that you hold, or are they just pics you have utilised from the above to show on your auction, that are effectively the same book but not an actual item picture. thankyou very much for your time, Alan"

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:38 am 

beasterbrook wrote:

Toolhaus.org

Brette:)

hey brette, funnily enough bclarkie has just mentioned that link on another thread on here...

good idea that as well isnt it?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:19 am 

dam it and he beat me to it..well i did get to it from the links he posted above... oh well great minds think alike :lol:

Brette)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:51 am 

killjoy32 wrote:i noticed that the corners all around the pics are trimmed off, which is always a worry to me

Incidentally, I'll mention patent pending, ultra-secret, third way of identifying 1st DMGs, even if they take a 1/2" off the picture all the way around:

The tip of the wizard logo's hat rests even with the white "Gary Gygax" lettering, horizontally, on every printing except the 1st.  On the 1st, it's below that horizontal.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:41 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
sorry i dont beat about the bush like you lot. lets see if he replies to THIS:

"hey there. have just come across your auction with interest as i am looking for as perfect a set of these books as i can find. however, after looking at your pics on the auction, i noticed that the corners all around the pics are trimmed off, which is always a worry to me. i also noticed that the pics on the auction are remarkably similar to the following pics: Page Not Found, Page Not Found and Page Not Found . i come across it often now that the books i receive are nothing like what the pictures on the auction look like. so therefore, please clarify that the pictures on the auction are ones taken by you of the actual item that you hold, or are they just pics you have utilised from the above to show on your auction, that are effectively the same book but not an actual item picture. thankyou very much for your time, Alan"

wahay i got a reply from the guy, here ya go:

"Hi. I did not take the photos myself, but downloaded them from the web. I do not know what the web addresses that you listed above are, but they are not the ones that I utilized to get my photos. However, I did compare the photos to the books that I have here, and the photos show the identical books that I have for sale. For a detailed description of the condition of the actual books that I have for sale, please go to the ebay web page that displays my books for sale, and look at the questions that I have already answered. I have detailed the exact conditon of each book, which should give you the information that you need. Hope this helps."

so there we are - what a sad sap - cant even take a pic of his own books man! sheesh  :?

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:36 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
so there we are - what a sad sap - cant even take a pic of his own books man! sheesh :?

And more depressingly, can't tell a 1st printing from a 6th.  A very common affliction, unfortunately.

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:33 pm 

[quote="deimos3428"][/quote]
Neat. Thanks, Deimos. ^^

unfortunately you have to open the book for my "patented" alternative method of spotting 1st print Eldritches. Those only have two staples visible in the centre fold as opposed to three on the 2nd print, as is typical on most of the other 7/76 supplements.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:12 pm 

Look at this one.  This actually might be a nice lot, but it doesnt seem that the "seller" is very interseting in selling it:

Role Playing Games | eBay

I love the
MORONIC SELLER wrote:NO LIST DO NOT ASK ABOUT SPECFIC TITLES

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:26 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Look at this one. This actually might be a nice lot, but it doesnt seem that the "seller" is very interseting in selling it:

Role Playing Games | eBay

I love the
MORONIC SELLER wrote:NO LIST DO NOT ASK ABOUT SPECFIC TITLES

i always find them lots have very few complete items hence the very defensive posture on selling.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:39 pm 

TSR Silver Anniversary: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

Cougar is such a dickhead.

SPLITING UP A SILVER ANNIVERSARY BOXED SET, IF YOU BID & WIN THE LOT YOU CAN REASSEMBLE IT, BUT PARTS ARE OFTEN WORTH MORE THAN THE WHOLE. HERE IS THE BOX ONLY IT WOULD MAKE A GOOD STORAGE BOX WHAT WOULD HOLD MANY MODULES, BUT I WILL INCLUDE HE HISTORY OF D&D, A RARE PIECE OF ARTWORK, BASIC BLUE COVER RULEBOOK, AND THE RPGA FORM FROM THE SET. LOOK FOR THE OTHER ITEMS NEXT...

Why doesnt he just say "I AM A GREEDY ASSHOLE SO PISS OFF" instead?  It would take up less space and say the same thing.  :?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:58 pm 

Splitting up the boxed set is just good business. Once I get around to selling mine, it'll be split up as well. The "never released" module is, for reasons I don't particularily understand, worth far more than anything else in the set.

Personally, for my own collection, the only two things I'd want from the SA is the art print and the History book.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:13 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:Splitting up the boxed set is just good business. Once I get around to selling mine, it'll be split up as well. The "never released" module is, for reasons I don't particularily understand, worth far more than anything else in the set.

Personally, for my own collection, the only two things I'd want from the SA is the art print and the History book.

I've done exceptionally well NOT splitting up the set.  Just list L3 Deep Dwarven Delve in the title and then EXPLAIN to all bidders that it is ONLY part of the set.  Anyone currently looking for it at a high price is now educated as well.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:16 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:
GraysonAC wrote:Splitting up the boxed set is just good business. Once I get around to selling mine, it'll be split up as well. The "never released" module is, for reasons I don't particularily understand, worth far more than anything else in the set.

I've done exceptionally well NOT splitting up the set. Just list L3 Deep Dwarven Delve in the title and then EXPLAIN to all bidders that it is ONLY part of the set. Anyone currently looking for it at a high price is now educated as well.

I have also noticed a pretty substantial price surge for complete sets over the last week or 2.  I think that there have been at least 3 for sale in that time frame and all 3 went over the $125.00 mark.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:40 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I have also noticed a pretty substantial price surge for complete sets over the last week or 2. I think that there have been at least 3 for sale in that time frame and all 3 went over the $125.00 mark.

It's precisely because of sellers splitting them up that the complete sets - especially the shrinkwrapped ones - will continue to rise in value like that.   :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:55 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Aneoth wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8&ssPageNa me=ADME:B:WN:US:1
This is the one I sold some few weeks ago. My Congrats to the seller on getting even more from it than I did.
Sorry to say, I think the coin hut is a shill. Can't say I am not surprised. Both are loacted in Orange California and check out the feedbacks left by each:

First our freind Keep:
eBay rid=keepontheborderlands&items=-1&item=-1&de=off

Second his bidder thecoinhut:
eBay rid=thecoinhut&items=-1&item=-1&de=off

WIth the exception of the last 2, they are identical. I wonder if EBay might be interested in this.

As a matter of fact look at thecoinhut's bidding history:
Welcome to eBay ompleted=1&all=1&rows=25&sort=3

BUSTED!!! Bye, Bye............

seeyouinescrow wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Here is a BIG FYI. For anybody who was purposely avoiding/blocking thekeepontheborderlands from their auctions, he is now bidding again under his previous shill name thecoinhut, because due to his false libelous accusations last month he was booted off EBay permenantly.
Here is his feedback for reference:

eBay Feedback Profile for thecoinhut

As you all may or may not remember back in March, he was busted and temporarily suspended for shilling his own auctions with a different EBay handle. Well this is the handle he was using and he is now actively using it tyo buy again, so you may want to take note of it.

Thanks for the info. I was totally unaware of his previous username

Alright how funny is this. Despite his claims to not be thecoinhut, it seems our old freind Kevin<keepontheborderlands> has now switched his "thecoinhut" name now to thekeepontheborderlands.

Just as a refresher way back in spring whenever I had keep busted and suspended for shilling his own auctions with the "thecoinhut" user ID, he later emailed me saying that he wasnt shilling with the "thecoinhut" ID and that I was a moron and blah, blah, blah..... Now the freakin idiot has just changed his user ID" thecoinhut" to thekeepontheborderlands. :roll: What a moron. I wonder if he is planning on libeling anyone this time around. :evil:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 35 of 112123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 110111112