Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 34 of 112123 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:45 pm 

Looks like I may have been wrong about the Cougar side deal. Unless of course this bid was placed as either a back up or perhaps a cover up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Either way, this tauglorimorgorus is quite an interesting fellow. :roll:  Let me give him a little nudge. :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:10 am 

Who thinks there was some shilling going on here?:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5231655996

Highly reputable seller, it would seem, but that bidder has bid only on the seller's auctions.  Seems suspicious to me.

:evil:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:13 am 

Achizar wrote:Who thinks there was some shilling going on here?:

Highly reputable seller, it would seem, but that bidder has bid only on the seller's auctions. Seems suspicious to me.

Hmmm, funny the bidder happens to also be from the same state as the seller.

Seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5231655996

Bidder:

eBay listings

Seems like a good canidate for a shiller. Time to report it to ebay :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:23 am 

Highly reputable seller, it would seem, but that bidder has bid only on the seller's auctions. Seems suspicious to me.

Possibly, I guess, but unlikely.  The seller has a perfect record with well over 1000 positive feedback...I doubt they'd risk that kind of status for $13 or so.  Also, the other bidder is overbidding the common bidding amounts ($22.50, $25.00) -- if you're shilling you wanna go under them, because you really don't want to win, you want to push up the bid but still lose.

More than likely, you've just got some new competition that bumped up the bid a couple times, then realized he was outgunned.  He's dealt with that seller before, and has them on their favorites list because of the quality service.  Well, that's my read, anyway.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:24 am 

Report Sent:

Report problems with other eBay members > Problems with sellers > Seller is bidding on his/her own item with another User ID

Reported Seller: eclavdra

Reported Buyers: algolong

Item number(s): 5230929554

Customer concern: This seller is clearly bidding on ther own auctions with a different user ID. Both bidder and seller are from Washington state:

Seller:

eBay listings

Bidder:

eBay listings

And the bidder in question has only bid on the seller in questions auctions:

Welcome to eBay

This is a pretty clear cut shill. PLease remove this seller ASAP. Thanks.

Bye Bye Ass Hole.... :twisted:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:29 am 

deimos3428 wrote:

Possibly, I guess, but unlikely. The seller has a perfect record with well over 1000 positive feedback...I doubt they'd risk that kind of status for $13 or so. Also, the other bidder is overbidding the common bidding amounts ($22.50, $25.00) -- if you're shilling you wanna go under them, because you really don't want to win, you want to push up the bid but still lose.

More than likely, you've just got some new competition that bumped up the bid a couple times, then realized he was outgunned. He's dealt with that seller before, and has them on their favorites list because of the quality service. Well, that's my read, anyway.

Hence my going back and forth on this.  Pretty odd after a 1000 transactions to take this chance, but if you look at the items the bidder bid on, they were all undervalued for what they were.  It isn't hard to picture the seller saying, "I'm getting killed on these, I better get them back, or at least drive up the price."  Of course, why a seller of that magnitude would be so worried about that beats me.

It would help if the bidder had ever bid on someone else's auctions.  This is just strange to me.  Smacks of shilling, but there's no reason why the seller should have done it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:30 am 

Well, I guess bclarkie has resolved my dilemma for me.   :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:52 am 

Hmmm.  I just won one of eclavdra's auctions a couple of days ago.  Fortunately it doesn't seem that algolong participated in the auction.  I hope this isn't a sign of other problems with this seller.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:04 pm 

NetRodent wrote:Hmmm. I just won one of eclavdra's auctions a couple of days ago. Fortunately it doesn't seem that algolong participated in the auction. I hope this isn't a sign of other problems with this seller.

Not in my experience.  He apparently was "out of town" for the two weeks immediately following the close of his auctions for mine, so it took him a while to ship the module, but when it did finally show up it was exactly as described.

If this guy did shill his auctions, I think it was because he panicked that all his stuff was going way below value.  Once he took care of that, everything else seemed hunky dory.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:38 pm 

I just had to charge back studionellc.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:44 pm 

Well, I'm irritated today myself.  Got an email from paypal regarding my "partial refund" issue from a couple of weeks back.  They "granted" my claim, but said I've already been refunded so I got no refund.  Guess I'm out the $10 or so.  I was so irritated I went ahead and left the negative f/b I had been debating about.  Ah well.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:44 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
Possibly, I guess, but unlikely. The seller has a perfect record with well over 1000 positive feedback...I doubt they'd risk that kind of status for $13 or so. Also, the other bidder is overbidding the common bidding amounts ($22.50, $25.00) -- if you're shilling you wanna go under them, because you really don't want to win, you want to push up the bid but still lose.

More than likely, you've just got some new competition that bumped up the bid a couple times, then realized he was outgunned. He's dealt with that seller before, and has them on their favorites list because of the quality service. Well, that's my read, anyway.

I'm agreed with Deimos here. I think some folks here forget that there are occasionally new eBayers. Most new eBayers that I've dealt with don't go jumping all over the place from seller to seller throwing money around. I had a guy about a year back who only bought from me for several months, before he started buying from other folks when I ran out of stuff he wanted.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:32 pm 

Just a note about Creep - I bought some miniatures from him, and they arrived short two cards, and with many of the cards pretty beat up (bad packaging). Took 17 days from payment until it was shipped, and paid $23 for $7 postage. So, I wasn't too pleased.

But, I politely emailed him about what had happened, and received a very large refund. More than I would have refunded myself, and quite a bit more than I expected.

Honestly, I think he's a good guy. Not doing a great job, but I find it really hard to believe that there's any malice, or even any particular avarice, in what he does. He screwed up, and more than made up for the mistake.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:58 pm 

Speaking of Creep, looks like someone took a shot at him again today:

Welcome to eBay

and:

eBay.com Item Bid History

Who ever is doing it, also took a swipe at Zabe73 today as well. This is starting to make me think that it is maybe someone from here doing it, but I don't have a clue as to who it could be. Anyone want to claim responsibility?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:09 am 

NetRodent wrote:Hmmm. I just won one of eclavdra's auctions a couple of days ago. Fortunately it doesn't seem that algolong participated in the auction. I hope this isn't a sign of other problems with this seller.

I just lost an Eclavdra auction.  A guy named algolong bid on it, as did another guy with a Seattle name...hballard.

Hmm.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:14 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Who ever is doing it, also took a swipe at Zabe73 today as well. This is starting to make me think that it is maybe someone from here doing it, but I don't have a clue as to who it could be. Anyone want to claim responsibility?

yeah i saw another auction unconnected to them, with that ebayer "screwthemiddleman" on it too....he/she is no longer registered now anyway.

no need at all for that lameness really.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:59 pm 

I asked Eclavdra directly about the possibly shilling by algonal.  Here is her answer:

<<<Ahhh I see, well yes he is a friend of mine and he has bid on a few of my auctions (and by my count won four) although he is legit. He's part of my former role-playing group and expressed interest in my stuff when I told him I was bagging on RPGs. I've sold him a bunch of stuff on the side and he usually tries to get things for a song on Ebay if he sees them. If I really wanted to bid bump I'd just call one of my out of state buds to run up the price. I've sold a lot of stuff recently for considerably less than what it's worth, I've already made my money back on all the big ticket stuff I've sold over the years and all I want to do now is clear my crap out (which is why most of the stuff is a buck). If people want to gossip I could give a shit I've been on ebay for 7+ years and my feedback speaks for itself. If you want more Judges Guild stuff I'm putting the last of it up tonight (although I may be parting with my coveted Invincible Overlord stuff in the near future if I get the whim).  Thanks for the message. RD>>>

Pretty good reply, I'd say.   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:14 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I asked Eclavdra directly about the possibly shilling by algonal. Here is her answer:

<<<Ahhh I see, well yes he is a friend of mine and he has bid on a few of my auctions (and by my count won four) although he is legit. He's part of my former role-playing group and expressed interest in my stuff when I told him I was bagging on RPGs. I've sold him a bunch of stuff on the side and he usually tries to get things for a song on Ebay if he sees them. If I really wanted to bid bump I'd just call one of my out of state buds to run up the price. I've sold a lot of stuff recently for considerably less than what it's worth, I've already made my money back on all the big ticket stuff I've sold over the years and all I want to do now is clear my crap out (which is why most of the stuff is a buck). If people want to gossip I could give a shit I've been on ebay for 7+ years and my feedback speaks for itself. If you want more Judges Guild stuff I'm putting the last of it up tonight (although I may be parting with my coveted Invincible Overlord stuff in the near future if I get the whim). Thanks for the message. RD>>>

Pretty good reply, I'd say. 8)

This is proabably a stupid question, but why would you ask a seller if they are bidding on their own items on EBay. First off, do you really think that they would ever say yes??? I can see it now: "Why yes mister bidder who I have absolutely no idea who you are, but I am most certainly violating one of EBays most serious rules by bidding on my own auctions with a different user ID."  Secondly, I don't see how the answer that was given was that much better anyway. He/She basically is saying that they have sold to this person off EBay, so why would they not continue to do so, rather than put the stuff up, pay EBay fees and risk selling it to them at less than you really want for it.  THe seller basically contradicts themselves by saying that they dont really care how much they get for it, yet they wont sell it to this person whom they know off ebay for any amount. Doesnt make much sense to me. :?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 34 of 112123 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 110111112