Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 28 of 100123 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 9899100
Author


Prolific Collector

Posts: 752
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2020
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada, eh?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:24 pm 
 

And from a high-FB seller too :(

 WWW  


Active Collector

Posts: 14
Joined: Mar 16, 2005
Last Visit: Oct 14, 2005

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:46 pm 
 

That auction's been reported.  At least ebay's pretty good at shutting these thieves down.  I've had a lot of low feedback seller's steel pictures/description, but not usually one with such high feedback. :twisted:

Thanks Brian for the heads up....

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:26 am 
 

juliabulia wrote:That auction's been reported. At least ebay's pretty good at shutting these thieves down. I've had a lot of low feedback seller's steel pictures/description, but not usually one with such high feedback. :twisted:

Thanks Brian for the heads up....


i mean, i just dont get it really...how hard is it to take a picture, and how hard is itto look around the net and fina a description you want or even take a minute to do one of your own instead of just filching another off ebay?

it really will just never cease to amaze me.

Al



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:31 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:oooh thats only about 18 miles away from me. never heard of the shop though. whats the address?

*feeds the Googlephobe*



aha! i know that shop! i take jessica there from time to time - she likes that yu-gi-oh! card game thing (which i have to play sometimes as nobody else will *yawn*) - she likes to go there to watch other players playing it.

yes i know it well. as mailed to you WW, can pop over next thursday cos we will be going  to liverpool anyway so will be a pleasure to pop in there as your cousin who is pretty pissed off with one of his family being messed about :D

as mentioned, mail him in relation to what i said and lets take it from there.

Al



  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4485
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Apr 17, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:51 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:Why cant people be original. Hmmm, another stolen auction description this time from juliabulia, again:

Here is the original from juliabulia:

1975 D Dime | eBay

and here is the obvious stolen one:
Chainmail Miniatures | eBay

This is starting to really become a huge pet peeve of mine. :evil:

*<sends email to julia>*

<edit> Oh, I just realized that this not the only auction description stolen by this particular seller. From the Judges Guild interesting items on EBay thread:

Dark Tower Game | eBay


These from the same seller:
Judges Guild: Role Playing Games | eBay

D&D Miniatures Giant | eBay

Have been stolen by this bugger:
D&D Miniatures Giant | eBay

Dark Tower Game | eBay

He revised and changed the text on the storm giant one, and who knows what other auctions he's ripped off. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I contacted hallidayrick just to let him know (I don't know how well these hurt an auction-talking about the under the storm giants castle-when they are going at roughly the same time)

ShaneG.

Edit: well seen he's done more then those that I listed...who knows what he's selling really..I'm not buying from him!

 WWW  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:58 pm 
 

eBay Feedback Profile for cougarrinard

Positive feedback rating:
Would buy from again, but change the feedback pushing - Buyer keravin (106) Aug-11-05 12:47 5214085580
Reply by cougarrinard: change the feedback dodgeing & I have no need to ask if iem arrived, U happy etc Aug-11-05 17:33
Follow-up by keravin: Compare to previous transaction. Your new policy is pushy in the extreme Aug-12-05 01:36

(other side)

eBay Feedback Profile for keravin

Positive feedback rating:
would sell to again, but change the feedback dodgeing, then I dont have to chase - Seller cougarrinard (4553) Aug-11-05 17:32 5214085580
Reply by keravin: You get instant payment I have done my side of a transaction - stop harrassment Aug-12-05 01:12
Follow-up by cougarrinard: you got your item, I have done my side of a transaction, no harrassment, +FBack! Aug-12-05 01:27

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 752
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2020
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada, eh?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:25 pm 
 

Coug's feedback is painful to read. Stuff like him blaming the bidder for assuming there was a map with a book (Not in picture, why do you assume there is one??), etc. So sad.

And the worst part is that he's doing a ton of business.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:58 am 
 

Well it looks like someone else doesnt like the aforementioned creep1962 8O :

eBay Feedback Profile for creep1962

It is that bobfromaccounting that was listed on that illegal ebook auction before in the silliest auction price of the year thread.  Anyone on here know who that might be? :?   One thing for sure though, come my next round of auctions, I am definitely require bidders to at least have a paypal account to bid.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4748
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 14, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:59 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Well it looks like someone else doesnt like the aforementioned creep1962 8O :

eBay Feedback Profile for creep1962

It is that bobfromaccounting that was listed on that illegal ebook auction before in the silliest auction price of the year thread. Anyone on here know who that might be? :?  One thing for sure though, come my next round of auctions, I am definitely require bidders to at least have a paypal account to bid.


Burst...appendix....from....laughing....so much.  :lol:

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5626
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:13 pm 
 

Now THAT is funny.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Apr 16, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:57 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Well it looks like someone else doesnt like the aforementioned creep1962 8O :

eBay Feedback Profile for creep1962

It is that bobfromaccounting that was listed on that illegal ebook auction before in the silliest auction price of the year thread. Anyone on here know who that might be? :?  One thing for sure though, come my next round of auctions, I am definitely require bidders to at least have a paypal account to bid.


OK so what is this link suppose to show us?


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:00 pm 
 

Blackmoor wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Well it looks like someone else doesnt like the aforementioned creep1962 8O :

eBay Feedback Profile for creep1962

It is that bobfromaccounting that was listed on that illegal ebook auction before in the silliest auction price of the year thread. Anyone on here know who that might be? :? One thing for sure though, come my next round of auctions, I am definitely require bidders to at least have a paypal account to bid.


OK so what is this link suppose to show us?


It is gone now, EBay must have removed it. He had 21 negs from bobfromaccounting saying "You are a cock". 8O


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:05 am 
 

Well, this may be the shadiest seller that I ahve seen in a long time. EBay user handle edsterb . Every auction he has is filled with both bid retractions and bid cancellations from at least 3 fake user IDs, if not more. The 3 definite fake IDs are redhotbuttcheeks, bargainbauer, & missmeltheluscious, Additionally, he may have at least 2 others that I have looked at that may ALSO be fake. These user IDs are shoebarginer & artists_edge. Here is a list of his auctions he is selling 2 in particular of note are for a bundle of modules and a bundle of Dungeon Magazines.



eBay listings



Look at the bidding histories of several of his auctions:



eBay.com Item Bid History



eBay.com Item Bid History



eBay.com Item Bid History



eBay.com Item Bid History



eBay.com Item Bid History



eBay.com Item Bid History



What a feckin joke. :evil: :evil: :evil: Anyway, I have reported him and so if you have a snipe set and wonder why they pull the auctions then you will know why. :wink: Shame to I had my eye on the Dungeon Magazine auction too. :(



<edit> Let me revise the list of shill bidders. Here is 2 more: yo-jo-sophie & leuuwser. :roll:



<edit #2> Adding yet another 1 to the list: gimmetheprecious :evil: :roll:



<edit #3> Christ another 2: bob-cho-boy & shurn777. This may be the worst shiller I have ever seen. I could probably start a brand new thread about this guy. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:13 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Well, this may be the shadiest seller that I ahve seen in a long time. EBay user handle edsterb . Every auction he has is filled with both bid retractions and bid cancellations from at least 3 fake user IDs, if not more. The 3 definite fake IDs are redhotbuttcheeks, bargainbauer, & missmeltheluscious, Additionally, he may have at least 2 others that I have looked at that may ALSO be fake. These user IDs are shoebarginer & artists_edge. Here is a list of his auctions he is selling 2 in particular of note are for a bundle of modules and a bundle of Dungeon Magazines.



eBay listings



Look at the bidding histories of several of his auctions:



eBay.com Item Bid History



eBay.com Item Bid History



eBay.com Item Bid History



eBay.com Item Bid History



eBay.com Item Bid History



eBay.com Item Bid History



What a feckin joke. :evil: :evil: :evil: Anyway, I have reported him and so if you have a snipe set and wonder why they pull the auctions then you will know why. :wink: Shame to I had my eye on the Dungeon Magazine auction too. :(



<edit> Let me revise the list of shill bidders. Here is 2 more: yo-jo-sophie & leuuwser. :roll:



<edit #2> Adding yet another 1 to the list: gimmetheprecious :evil: :roll:



<edit #3> Christ another 2: bob-cho-boy & shurn777. This may be the worst shiller I have ever seen. I could probably start a brand new thread about this guy. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:




Um, this probably a stupid question, but why are people from here bidding on this guys auctions. :?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3795
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 15, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:27 pm 
 

WOW.  Now that WOULD make a nice thread in and of itself.



Even more incredible, why would you shill a f*cking Polly Pockets auction?!  



eBay.com Item Bid History



This guy is a nutcase.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4485
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Apr 17, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:32 pm 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:WOW. Now that WOULD make a nice thread in and of itself.



Even more incredible, why would you shill a f*cking Polly Pockets auction?!



eBay.com Item Bid History



This guy is a nutcase.




Oh man..I so need those too  :wink:  :lol:

Of course then I will sell them as Ultra Rare minis for D&D (hum..though as female halflings, fairies, or human children..)



ShaneG.

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 226
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2014

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:02 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:Oh man..I so need those too :wink: :lol:

Of course then I will sell them as Ultra Rare minis for D&D (hum..though as female halflings, fairies, or human children..)


I have some old My Little Ponies that you could use as Unicorns, Paladin's Mounts etc  :wink:


Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.



Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

  


Active Collector

Posts: 30
Joined: Aug 14, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2007
Location: Marietta, GA

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:18 pm 
 

Lord Cougar Rinard won a few auctions from me, the last one on July 3rd, 2005.  He asked me about holding the shipping for a bit, as I kept listing more items every week.  



cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1



Then.... He bitched about the cost of shipping Air to England (which can get a bit pricey on boxed sets and HCs)  :twisted:  He went off in painful detail about M-bags.  Mighty painful detail.



So, finally, I send a 'PAY NOW' note, reduced shipping costs, a Paypal invoice and a reminder the following day, and he responds angrily at me.  I believe I have earned the ire of a Titanium Rated Powerseller with a feedback of ...... blah blah blah.  



Where's that 'Block the shady dealers' button?



Thanks,



DD



p.s. The auctions now shows as 'Payment Sent'  Can I have an amen, brothers and sisters?

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 165
Joined: May 15, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 14, 2020
Location: Woonsocket, Rhode Island

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:26 pm 
 

I blocked that [expletive deleted] from bidding on my auctions ages ago, after a module he bought from me allegedly never arrived at his address.



I stuck to my guns and refused to refund payment after he refused to lift a finger to help track the package once it had arrived in England, even though he lives in that country and would've had a much easier time dealing with their Post Office than I would have.



Every now and then I used to get a whiny, "Why can't I bid on your auctions? I have over 4,000 positive feedback."



Yeah, you do, but how many NEGATIVES have you acquired over the years, my shady friend??  :?



Cheers,

JohnH aka Wandering Monster

  


Active Collector

Posts: 30
Joined: Aug 14, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2007
Location: Marietta, GA

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:34 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:WOW. Now that WOULD make a nice thread in and of itself.

Even more incredible, why would you shill a f*cking Polly Pockets auction?!

eBay.com Item Bid History

This guy is a nutcase.


At least he's been banned now, along with missmeltheluscious, leuuwser and bargainbauer.

Freaking idiot...

DD

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 28 of 100123 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 9899100