Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 30 of 112123 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 110111112
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:50 pm 

You might be in luck here, as PayPal takes this sort of thing pretty seriously. In fact, the wording "item significantly not as described" is the language they use.

IIRC, the process is log on / go to "resolution center" / go to "file a claim." I'd post a link, but it wouldn't do any good, as you'd just end up at a screen asking for my log-on and password — for now, I'll keep those to myself. :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:39 pm 

Yeah, I know. I tried to explain that to the guy, but he's in full-on 'righteous indignation' mode. I offered him peace for a $12 refund.

I'm thinking he's going to come to regret not taking that generous offer.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:04 am 

New one for the list, pondsk8r in the UK.

I "purchased" several items from him on July 9th, it was a week later when I got the p&p details, I paid as soon as I did. Still no items, and having pulled his details to get his phone number, it doesn't work. Directory enquiries have the same number listed. Looking at the feedback it could be a case of *really* slow delivery, but since this member has not been in contact at all despite me sending numerous emails to 2 addresses I'm going to file a paypal claim this weekend.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:07 am 

Winterwords wrote:New one for the list, pondsk8r in the UK.

I "purchased" several items from him on July 9th, it was a week later when I got the p&p details, I paid as soon as I did. Still no items, and having pulled his details to get his phone number, it doesn't work. Directory enquiries have the same number listed. Looking at the feedback it could be a case of *really* slow delivery, but since this member has not been in contact at all despite me sending numerous emails to 2 addresses I'm going to file a paypal claim this weekend.

Hey WW, where in the UK does he live. If he lives near me, i will gladly pop round a have a "word". i would say you were a mate of mine and they were meant as a gift to me :)

Al

ps. have heard that ID before somewhere and can't recollect why.

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:12 pm 

I think that I have the next (and maybe even worse) Cougar. 8O He has been mentioned in passing a couple of times and he was already on my sh*t list for not me feedback on the things I sold to him afew months ago, but regardless here he is:

eBay Feedback Profile for creep1962

The user ID is Creep1962. This is the guy that recently purchased the shrinkwrapped Wrath of Immortals Box Set from BTB that was listed in Fine condition and now has it listed in his EBay store for as NM for $199.95 (this of course is down from his original store listing if $229.95). The reason I list him here now is because that he is buying just about everything(and I mean everything) worthwhile this side of Cougar and the posting it in his EBay store for like 3, 4, or 5 times what he actually paid for it(which in most circumstances was already way too much) and listing it in "better" condition that what it was sold to him as. Here is a list of stuff he has recently won in the last 30 days.

Welcome to eBay

Seriously, I truly have no problem with people trying to make money off purchasing stuff and then reselling it, but this guy is pretty bad.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:58 pm 

More power to him, imo. All he's doing is making the more reasonable sellers (like me) look like our prices are even better than they are ;)

Listing things in better condition than what it is - *that* is not cool. But if he can get good deals on stuff and then make a ridiculous profit, good for him, imo. Wish I had the time to do more buying myself, but I'm kept too busy shipping stuff I'm selling as it is ;)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:02 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I think that I have the next (and maybe even worse) Cougar. 8O He has been mentioned in passing a couple of times and he was already on my sh*t list for not me feedback on the things I sold to him afew months ago, but regardless here he is:

The user ID is Creep1962. This is the guy that recently purchased the shrinkwrapped Wrath of Immortals Box Set from BTB that was listed in Fine condition and now has it listed in his EBay store for $199.95 (this of course is down from his original atore lisitng if $229.95). The reason I list him here now is bercause that is buying just about everything(and I mean everything) worthwhile this side of Cougar and the posting it in his EBay store for like 3, 4, or 5 times what he actually paid for(which in most circumstances was already way too much) and listing it in "better" condition that what it was sold to him as. Here is a list of stuff he has recently won in the last 30 days.

Welcome to eBay

Seriously, I truly have no problem with people trying to make money off purchasing stuff and then reselling it, but this guy is pretty bad.

He is paying big money for some marginal stuff.  I do not think it will pan out for him.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:19 am 

Take a look closely at Creep1962 feedback

If you notice he ships slow and blames the customer for being impatient and unknowledgable about Ebay.  Combine this with his ridiculous prices and false condtions makes Creep1962 a great candidate for the shady dealer of the week.  Could be another cougar in disguise.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:29 am 

Ech, creep1962, he edged me out on some stuff the last few days.  Glad to hear he really IS a creep, as I tend to demonize those who beat me out anyway (except for my fellow gentle Acaeum members, of course!).  :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:28 pm 

Blackmoor, I think you're being more than a little unfair on this one. I took a look through his store, and other than the WotI, most things were high, but not unreasonably high. I didn't see any evidence of him relisting things for 3-4 times their value, as you said earlier.

The guy has over a thousand positive feedback in the last month. He's got 4 neutrals and 3 negatives.

After over 600 feedback, a lot of which is "Prompt delivery", the first neutral is a guy that got his item in 14 days. That's not an unreasonable delivery time.

The first 3 negatives are from a 6FB bidder that apparently asked about shipping costs for 1 item, and then bid on 3. One item arrived broken, but the buyer didn't contact Creep, and instead just listed negative FB.

Another neutral with 12-day delivery. A negative for 13-day delivery. Neutral from a guy that got a full refund (didn't receive item).

Looks to me like he's a busy seller getting the short end of the stick from impatient folks.

I've done half the number of orders he has in the last month (judging from FB), and I'm constantly swamped with delivery. Last night I finally got abreast of my current shipping orders. Only have a half-dozen or so items to ship out today, huzzah ;)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:31 pm 

My bad, pondsk8r maybe just slow at despatching items, and the delay has apparently been caused by being in hospital. Still waiting on the items though & the member is now no longer a registered user.

Curiouser & curiouser said Alice

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:44 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:Blackmoor, I think you're being more than a little unfair on this one. I took a look through his store, and other than the WotI, most things were high, but not unreasonably high. I didn't see any evidence of him relisting things for 3-4 times their value, as you said earlier.

The guy has over a thousand positive feedback in the last month. He's got 4 neutrals and 3 negatives.

After over 600 feedback, a lot of which is "Prompt delivery", the first neutral is a guy that got his item in 14 days. That's not an unreasonable delivery time.

The first 3 negatives are from a 6FB bidder that apparently asked about shipping costs for 1 item, and then bid on 3. One item arrived broken, but the buyer didn't contact Creep, and instead just listed negative FB.

Another neutral with 12-day delivery. A negative for 13-day delivery. Neutral from a guy that got a full refund (didn't receive item).

Looks to me like he's a busy seller getting the short end of the stick from impatient folks.

I've done half the number of orders he has in the last month (judging from FB), and I'm constantly swamped with delivery. Last night I finally got abreast of my current shipping orders. Only have a half-dozen or so items to ship out today, huzzah ;)

I am the one who said that he is trying to sell stuff for 3 or timeds the actual value. Truth be told, he has all but admitted this someone already.  If looking through his store doesn't convince you than I wonder what would and what value system you use? $229.50 for a box set that he recently won for $100.00 that if he wouldnt have bid would have gone for $65.00. I hate to be a prick here, but truth be told it doesnt seem that you agree with what anybody on this site says. I am not against differing opinions even if it is mine, but it seems like just about every opinion that anyone has ever posted on here you disagree with. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:21 pm 

Winterwords wrote:My bad, pondsk8r maybe just slow at despatching items, and the delay has apparently been caused by being in hospital. Still waiting on the items though & the member is now no longer a registered user.

Curiouser & curiouser said Alice

does he come from the same school that JONB/TGE goes to?

excuses are just about the same :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:24 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:does he come from the same school that JONB/TGE goes to?

excuses are just about the same :D

Al

Yeah, I'm still not very impressed. 17 days in hospital and didn't ask anyone to contact his buyers?

He actually lives near you, in Liverpool, the shop is Impact Games (they have a website but the phone number doesn't work). I'll keep you posted as to whether the item arrives or not. I've shot off another email tonight to ask the member if they still plan to proceed with the transaction even though they're not an ebay member anymore.

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:04 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I am the one who said that he is trying to sell stuff for 3 or timeds the actual value. Truth be told, he has all but admitted this someone already. If looking through his store doesn't convince you than I wonder what would and what value system you use? $229.50 for a box set that he recently won for $100.00 that if he wouldnt have bid would have gone for $65.00.

For the WotI, the auction wouldn't have hit $100 if another bidder hadn't gone to $99, so the $65 claim is disengenous. I think the re-classifying the item condition is shady for sure, but not buying it and repricing it. Heck, he's got two other sets for $90 and $100.

I'm comparing his prices to other folks' prices, not what he paid for things. Someone isn't a "shady dealer" if they happen to get a great deal on something ;) He's expensive, but not 3-4 times the cost of other people. Some of his stuff is twice the other store prices though, and it's uncommon stuff. Personally, I think that makes him stupid, not unscrupulous. I doubt it's going to work out well for him ;)

I hate to be a prick here, but truth be told it doesnt seem that you agree with what anybody on this site says. I am not against differing opinions even if it is mine, but it seems like just about every opinion that anyone has ever posted on here you disagree with. :?

Actually, I quite often agree with folks, and am happy to say so. Unsurprisingly, responding with "I agree" doesn't further much conversation, so it's not surprising that the disagreements stand out ;)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:50 pm 

Winterwords wrote:He actually lives near you, in Liverpool, the shop is Impact Games

oooh thats only about 18 miles away from me. never heard of the shop though. whats the address? i will pop along for you if you want? :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:47 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
Winterwords wrote:He actually lives near you, in Liverpool, the shop is Impact Games

oooh thats only about 18 miles away from me. never heard of the shop though. whats the address?

*feeds the Googlephobe*

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:04 pm 

Why cant people be original. Hmmm, another stolen auction description this time from juliabulia, again:

Here is the original from juliabulia:

1975 D Dime | eBay

and here is the obvious stolen one:
Chainmail Miniatures | eBay

This is starting to really become a huge pet peeve of mine. :evil:

*<sends email to julia>*

<edit> Oh, I just realized that this not the only auction description stolen by this particular seller. From the Judges Guild interesting items on EBay thread:

Dark Tower Game | eBay

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 30 of 112123 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 110111112