Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 29 of 112123 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 110111112
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:50 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Here is a BIG FYI. For anybody who was purposely avoiding/blocking thekeepontheborderlands from their auctions, he is now bidding again under his previous shill name thecoinhut, because due to his false libelous accusations last month he was booted off EBay permenantly.
Here is his feedback for reference:

eBay Feedback Profile for thecoinhut

As you all may or may not remember back in March, he was busted and temporarily suspended for shilling his own auctions with a different EBay handle. Well this is the handle he was using and he is now actively using it tyo buy again, so you may want to take note of it.

Thanks for the info. I was totally unaware of his previous username

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:57 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
Reindeergamez wrote:Pardon me, I guess I guess I meant winning, not won, I need to avoid posting messages when I'm stuck staying up late watching a ball game. :lol:

I tend to think positively, and hope he's got the cash to spend. I've gone on buying sprees like that before. (And wasn't particularly thrilled when I got my Visa bill that month)

I think it's highly unusual. It's a zero-feedback account. Newbies, even rich newbies, don't throw cash around.**

They bid enthusiatically sometimes, but most wait and learn how eBay operates. After developing strategy, usually after losing a lot of auctions or after paying too much, then they might start throwing cash around.

Shill or not, this person has used eBay before, and I'd tend to agree with DL36's speculation.
(edit)
All of this bids have appeared in the last 3 days, and he's only been a member since July 15th.

** Assuming they intend to pay when they win, that is. Newbies that think it's some sort of video game bid like fiends.

I also think he's a fake...along the lines of vecnapoop1 (see related "Idiot Bidder" thread). Also, another fake bidder.... "clarence294" has surfaced. He bid and won a whole bunch of stuff recently (including some of ours) but hasn't made any payments from what I can tell. He just got his first negative recently, and I expect more to follow. This seems to be a nasty trend that is developing :(

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:24 am 

So what happened with walterfrodo?

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 4&rd=1

If you're going to cancel a bid, and doing so knocks him below the reserve, why not cancel 'em all? Is he hoping to get a second chance offer or something if reserve is never met?  :?:

Maybe he's not a shill after all, just an overenthusiastic newb with $ to burn...(but not THAT much $ to burn!  :wink:  :roll: ).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:36 pm 

Actually, just cancelling the bid(s) that put him below the reserve is the smarter way to do things. Less bid retractions on his record.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:31 pm 

GraysonAC, good point, though I think he had several below the reserve and above the current max bid, so something else was afoot.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:37 pm 

Curious to choose the name walterfrodo... a Walter Mitty type maybe?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:28 pm 

So it turns out that walterfrodo started bidding again on that 5th printing white box-- up to $225, short of the reserve (which he previously had discovered was $250 before he canceled some of his original bids).  SOMETHING stinks here.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:46 pm 

Yeah, looks really, really suspicious.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:49 pm 

All newbie bidders though.  Can we say attack of the Newbies  :lol:  :lol:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:24 pm 

Even as I read this post, walterfrodo has just purchased two modules I have for sale with BIN . . .

. . .  just sent me a question . . . he seems nice enough.  Placed a bid on my A1-A4 set of 4 mods for auction and is hinting he would like to get it now and not wait 6 more days for the auction to end  (guess my BIN was too much).  I offered to split the difference between the BIN and opening bid and I'll end the auction early.  We'll see what he says . . .

I suspect he's legit, but I'll let ya' all know if something goes wrong.

:)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:53 pm 

Very nice guy - all paid (snip snap).  Paid so quick I couldn't even invoice him in time and had to refund his shipping overpayment.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:02 am 

Glad to hear he's legit...  I had a "feeling" he was, just from his bidding patterns.  There really does seem to be a VERY small amount of weirdo bidders out there in our areas of interest, I on average probably only have to submit 1 non-paying bidder alert a month if that.  I have an acquaintence who does about the same amount of sales monthly as I do but in knives and accessories and from talking to him you'd think he gets a non-payer for every couple of sales he gets!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:15 am 

Cool, glad to know he's legit. Strange, but legit ;)

Reindeer, I know the feeling. I think we're pretty fortunate that most gamers are honest and reasonably intelligent folks. If you want a real scare, read the Powerseller boards - ye gods, horror story after horror story.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:51 pm 

Check out the new rambling "About Me" page concerning one of our favorites, Tonya's Swap Shop (or as someone has named it, Tonya's Ass Whap, which still makes me chuckle).  I don't consider her a shady dealer, but didn't know where else to post this.  It's pretty funny. I noticed she had 5 negs the last month (why should she care, she's cleaning up sale wise anyway) and it seems to have...well, pissed her off.  She's not happy when things don't go her way...welcome to the wonderful world of selling on Ebay, I say.  

cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUser ... nyas-games

Below is an excerpt, yes it's actually called "Tonya's Pet Peeves", thank God I don't post "Badmike's Pet Peeves", it might be three pages or more...but still, is this the way to attract buyers and customers?  Can you imagine seeing this on a placard attached to the front counter of the store where you buy your games/comics?

Mike B.

Tonya's Pet Peeve's

I don't like dealing with stupid people. For example, people who email me through eBay but whose registered email address is no longer valid, so when I "reply" it gets bounced back. These people inevitably leave me negative feedback because "I didn't answer their questions" (it is a shame there is not an IQ test to use eBay, it's sure make things easier on the rest of us).

Another PP of mine: People who use an email account with a spam filter to do eBay stuff on, so that when they ask me a question, my answer bounces back. (SLAPS forhead with palm) How hard is it to use a different email address for just your eBay stuff?!?!

I'm a patient, honest person. I sometimes make a mistake - and when I do, I make it right - or as right as a full refund can make it. :) People who leave me negative feedback for no reason: That's another PP of mine.

And people who argue about S&H charges.

And international buyers who buy things and want cheap, slow surface mail, then write me 2 weeks later demanding to know why thier items aren't there yet.

International buyers who ask me to break the law by sending items as a gift are another of my PP's. I am studying to be an attorney. I really don't need to be commiting petty crimes, so thanks for the "offer" to commit conspiracy to defraud the government, but no thanks.
:)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:21 pm 

When you buy half a dozen magazines/modules from someone, and they ship it to you for $12 and charge you $36 shipping, that is a shady dealer. Tony's Ass Wop and her love child Tight Ass Games fall clearly into that catagory.

Anyone who can justify charging $20 packing charges on top of shipping for $10 of modules is clearly in the business of screwing eBay D&Ders.

On top of that Tight Ass is wanting to post his weekly stock lists on this site? Someone needs to deal with this, and if that happens to be guys leaving negs on her eBay account, that's just great. I take my hat off to them.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:31 pm 

Hey now, don't you mean Tonya's Ass Italian-American?  :D

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:25 pm 

Ahem.  First of all, I couldn't remember which thread/forum the above post was (regarding Tonya's rant), but I remembered some of the words of the post.  So that has to be one of my most embarrasing Acaeum forum searches to date ("tight ass bitch").  :oops:

Anyway...here's an example of a terms of service that I really like, it doesn't rant, it just works:
cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 8&rd=1

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:21 pm 

Well, unfortunately, my own Shady Dealer to add to the list:

crhodes98

I purchased a bunch of stuff from him, and most of it was in great shape (good packaging too). This auction, however, was not:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWN:IT

Golden Voyages: Missing tri-fold screen and Monstrous Compendium pages. This item was described as "Near Mint". The contents are listed on the back of the box, so it's not a case of "I didn't know, oops!"
Character Records 9264 #1 has 27 pages out of 40. There was no specific description, so the default is "Good to near mint condition".
Character Records 9264 #2 has 14 pages out of 40. Described as "Good to near mint condition".
Character Records 9037 has 12 out of 32 pages. Described as "Good to near mint condition".
Ironlords Miniatures have one very obviously broken miniature, out of 5. The blister is in great shape, so it wasn't a shipping accident. Described as "Good to near mint condition".

The character sheets had 77 out of 160 pages missing/used. :(

To quote from his email:
"I described the items accurately and never claimed that they were complete. I described the contents as accurately as I judged them. If you had any questions you should have contacted me before the auctions that you bid on."

The guy honestly things that a buyer should email a seller to make sure the items are all complete, not missing anything, etc. And here I always thought that was the seller's responsibility  :roll:

Anyone know what eBay/PayPal do to someone's account if they're found to have inaccurately described the auctions?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 29 of 112123 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 110111112