Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 28 of 112123 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 110111112
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:32 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Look at this bullsh*t because this seller is shady as hell. Seller closed out this auction for what he claims was an error in the lisitng:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Oops... That's one I'd listed under "interesting items";
Interesting Items Formerly on eBay • Page 79 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum
:(

Looks like they weren't happy with the current highest bid, so just cancelled and started again. Not a good sign...

thx for the follow-up, Brian.

Not to excuse the guy, but I do notice one difference in the auction which may have been the reason.  He now lists shipping as Worldwide.  I honestly don't believe he realizes DA1 is semi-valuable, or he'd probably have sold it separately.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:39 pm 

deimos3428 wrote: Not to excuse the guy, but I do notice one difference in the auction which may have been the reason. He now lists shipping as Worldwide. I honestly don't believe he realizes DA1 is semi-valuable, or he'd probably have sold it separately.

Personally, I think it would have been a lot simpler and "cheaper" to just add that his auction description rather than shut it down completely and relist it. Secondly, I think the trail maps are the most valuable items in the lot. :wink:  Thirdly and most importantly, nothing says Shady Dealer to me more that a brand new seller who buys EBooks, recipes and Computer Backround Wallpaper for $.01 to generate a totally misleading feedback score.  This is somebody who has been on EBay before and has needed to start up a brand new user ID. I wonder why he would have needed to do that.....................

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:51 pm 

And note that he's no longer accepting PayPal, just methods of payment that you can't recall.

I was going to bite, but not without the ability to yank payment if it's a scam ;)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:19 pm 

Oh look it is a module in very fine condition from Tonya: :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 44112&rd=1

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:58 am 

bclarkie wrote:Oh look it is a module in very fine condition from Tonya: :roll:

At least she provides a picture so that we can all point and laugh.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:11 am 

GraysonAC wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Oh look it is a module in very fine condition from Tonya: :roll:

At least she provides a picture so that we can all point and laugh.

yea there is no damn way that is VF ! sheesh...who is she kidding!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:45 am 

killjoy32 wrote:yea there is no damn way that is VF ! sheesh...who is she kidding!

You can't blame her. Have you seen those glasses she wears!? Besides, she probably employs someone to do all her listings for her and she'll add that into the handling charge. It's not her fault. Maybe we should complain to her dad. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:23 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:yea there is no damn way that is VF ! sheesh...who is she kidding!

You can't blame her. Have you seen those glasses she wears!? Besides, she probably employs someone to do all her listings for her and she'll add that into the handling charge. It's not her fault. Maybe we should complain to her dad. :D

Well, the starving college gal employs a full time lister and a full time packer, so she probably isn't responsible for the listings anyways.  All she does is stop by at the end of the week to drop off daddy's weekly shipment of product and pick up her check.  And pay the lister and packer a buck a listing/package, which by my count added up to over $1200 last month, just think how much money she could make if she got off her ass and did these jobs herself...

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:04 pm 

Here is a BIG FYI. For anybody who was purposely avoiding/blocking thekeepontheborderlands from their auctions, he is now bidding again under his previous shill name thecoinhut, because due to his false libelous accusations last month he was booted off EBay permenantly.
Here is his feedback for reference:

eBay Feedback Profile for thecoinhut

As you all may or may not remember back in March, he was busted and temporarily suspended for shilling his own auctions with a different EBay handle. Well this is the handle he was using and he is now actively using it tyo buy again, so you may want to take note of it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:57 am 

bclarkie wrote:Here is a BIG FYI. For anybody who was purposely avoiding/blocking thekeepontheborderlands from their auctions, he is now bidding again under his previous shill name thecoinhut, because due to his false libelous accusations last month he was booted off EBay permenantly.
Here is his feedback for reference:

eBay Feedback Profile for thecoinhut

As you all may or may not remember back in March, he was busted and temporarily suspended for shilling his own auctions with a different EBay handle. Well this is the handle he was using and he is now actively using it tyo buy again, so you may want to take note of it.

BC, why don't you repost some of the more scandelous and libelous comments made by this lowlife for those who weren't here for his tirade?  BTW, just blocked him, thanks for the info....

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:05 pm 

Here is another one of those pesky ULTRA HTF VERY RARE Fiend Folios :roll: :

As a matter of fact one of those suckers went for $150.00 at the So Cal Gen Con in 2004. :P I dont know what is worse, the fact that he lifted the item description right from the site witthout acknowledgement or the fact that his feedack percentage is 94.6. 8O

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:53 am 

bclarkie wrote:Here is another one of those pesky ULTRA HTF VERY RARE Fiend Folios :roll: :

As a matter of fact one of those suckers went for $150.00 at the So Cal Gen Con in 2004. :P I dont know what is worse, the fact that he lifted the item description right from the site witthout acknowledgement or the fact that his feedack percentage is 94.6. 8O

Funny - he states that it is rare, hard to find, but neglects to remove the estimated number of Fiend Folios sold (190,000).   Another user of the rare, hard to find ID-10-T rules.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:19 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 44114&rd=1

What an obvious shill.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:36 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 44114&rd=1

What an obvious shill.

I don't know....  The bidder has bid (and won) quite alot of older D&D material the last few days from lots of differnet sellers.  Might just be a bidder who hasn't gotten the finesse(sp?) of a good bid down yet.  =)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:03 am 

Reindeergamez wrote:
Deadlord36 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 44114&rd=1

What an obvious shill.

I don't know.... The bidder has bid (and won) quite alot of older D&D material the last few days from lots of differnet sellers. Might just be a bidder who hasn't gotten the finesse(sp?) of a good bid down yet. =)

Nothing he's bid on has ended yet - the earliest auction ends in ~20 hours. Unless I'm missing something, which is entirely possible :P  He's got almost $800USD worth of bids out there right now.

Seems awfully suspicous to me too. Might just be a new eBayer with a lot of cash to spend, and for the sake of a lot of sellers, I hope so.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:44 am 

Pardon me, I guess I guess I meant winning, not won, I need to avoid posting messages when I'm stuck staying up late watching a ball game.   :lol:  

I tend to think positively, and hope he's got the cash to spend.  I've gone on buying sprees like that before.  (And wasn't particularly thrilled when I got my Visa bill that month)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:08 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:Pardon me, I guess I guess I meant winning, not won, I need to avoid posting messages when I'm stuck staying up late watching a ball game. :lol:

I tend to think positively, and hope he's got the cash to spend. I've gone on buying sprees like that before. (And wasn't particularly thrilled when I got my Visa bill that month)

I think it's highly unusual. It's a zero-feedback account. Newbies, even rich newbies, don't throw cash around.**

They bid enthusiatically sometimes, but most wait and learn how eBay operates. After developing strategy, usually after losing a lot of auctions or after paying too much, then they might start throwing cash around.

Shill or not, this person has used eBay before, and I'd tend to agree with DL36's speculation.
(edit)
All of this bids have appeared in the last 3 days, and he's only been a member since July 15th.

** Assuming they intend to pay when they win, that is. Newbies that think it's some sort of video game bid like fiends.

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:45 pm 

Now he's paying $250 for a 5th printing box..  Which either makes him a complete fool, or a really bad shill. Although I suppose option B being true doesn't rule out option A ;)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 28 of 112123 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 110111112