Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 27 of 112123 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 110111112
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:56 pm 

2 confirmed kills, good job guys.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:09 am 

Our good friend Tonya at it again...Notice the question and answer below the picture. That's right...she actually says she thinks it is the original shrinkwrap.... :roll:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0&rd=1

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:19 am 

Looks like Keepoftheborderlands is no longer registered

eBay Feedback Profile for keepontheborderlands

I guess Ebay eventually gets around to getting the bad ones. :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:31 am 

Blackmoor wrote:Looks like Keepoftheborderlands is no longer registered

eBay Feedback Profile for keepontheborderlands

I guess Ebay eventually gets around to getting the bad ones. :D

well what goes around comes around....he only got what he deserves...

couldnt happen to a nicer person  :roll:

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:17 am 

Badmike wrote:Wow, what blatant shilling, good catch...I think Ebay has removed the users while investigating, meaning they took your complaint seriously.

Well I just hope that this guy at least sends the product, since it's been paid for and all.  :(

Finarvyn
Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
D&D Player Since 1975

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:05 am 

Our friend Cougie is making me giggle again. Apparantly one of his buyers received three goods with missing pages, they left a Neg, a neutral and a positive, Cougie left three Negs and the following excuse:

typical newbie, rarther leave neg FB than e-mail 4 replacemnet, photocopy refund
 Seller   cougarrinard ( 4290)   Jun-16-05 07:50  5199313621  

typical newbie, rarther leave neg FB than e-mail 4 replacemnet, photocopy refund
 Seller   cougarrinard ( 4290)   Jun-16-05 07:50  5186161120  

Seller   cougarrinard ( 4290)   Jun-16-05 07:49  5175351859

I tell you what, when I buy a D&D item online, I LOVE to have freaking PHOTOCOPIES sent me when the original items have been sent incomplete because I'm an incompetent moron, that makes everything better.  Sheesh.  
  I know as a seller, I would be pissed at a buyer who left Neg feedback before I had a chance to deal with the situation, but I wouldn't leave negs for positives or neutrals, and I wouldn't offer photocopies for replacements (I'd simply refund the money).  
  And he's still throwing out the "Titanium Powerseller" bullshit.  He'd need about 2000 more sales a month to even think about getting into the territory of $150,000 on Ebay monthly.

Mike B.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:38 pm 

... and I'm sure you'd like to pay 3x postage for his mistake like he makes his customers do.

Still nevermind, despite being a titanium rated seller or whatever I know for a fact the e-bay people WILL remove this neg feedback he left as it falls into one of the catagories that they will act. Which in my mind makes him worse that the newbies these powersellers keep complaining about!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:04 pm 

To be fair, I have never had any bad experiences with Coug. I know his item descriptions are vague and you need to ask about condition etc. but he's always been open and honest with me.

He's not out to rob anyone like out friend Jonb/ETC/TGE.

I had a bad experience with Flying Dork who really lived up to his name. I paid him over £100 for magazines that never turned up. I even paid for additional insurance, tracking and next day delivery.

A week later I e-mailed the guy and he said 'Oh, I just posted it.' Two weeks later I get his contact info from eBay and phone the guy and he says 'I don't know where your magazines are. Go complain to PayPal.' :evil:

Big victory :D . Today I got my money back (well most of it anyway).

So 'Flying Dork' I'd have to offer up as a Shady Dealer. His attitude sucks for someone with that amount of positive feedback. If you buy from him, make sure you use a credit card. I didn't and he tried as hard as he could to keep my money. :evil:

I must say, that's the first time PayPal have ever come through for me. Ususally the seller empties their accounts real quick. Someone must have really been on the ball in PayPal. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:38 pm 

Is there any way to actually check if someone is as highly rated as a Powerseller as they claim? Titanium is <b>$150,000</i> a month, and I just can't see that happening selling RPGs, even for someone crazy like Coug. At $30 average, he'd have to sell 162 items a day.. So more realistically, he'd have to be selling 500+ items a day, which is simply impossible.

I'm a bronze level PS, but I can't see any difference in the info between me and Coug.

And after reading this thread, now I know why the item I bought from him was covered in stamps, instead of being paid for at the PO, heh.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:06 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:Is there any way to actually check if someone is as highly rated as a Powerseller as they claim? Titanium is <b>$150,000</i> a month, and I just can't see that happening selling RPGs, even for someone crazy like Coug. At $30 average, he'd have to sell 162 items a day.. So more realistically, he'd have to be selling 500+ items a day, which is simply impossible.

I'm a bronze level PS, but I can't see any difference in the info between me and Coug.

And after reading this thread, now I know why the item I bought from him was covered in stamps, instead of being paid for at the PO, heh.

You could do an advanced search by seller, select the checkbox to include Completed listings in the last 30 days, and break out the calculator...I don't think Cougar is anywhere near that, though.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:30 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
GraysonAC wrote:Is there any way to actually check if someone is as highly rated as a Powerseller as they claim? Titanium is <b>$150,000</i> a month, and I just can't see that happening selling RPGs, even for someone crazy like Coug. At $30 average, he'd have to sell 162 items a day.. So more realistically, he'd have to be selling 500+ items a day, which is simply impossible.

You could do an advanced search by seller, select the checkbox to include Completed listings in the last 30 days, and break out the calculator...I don't think Cougar is anywhere near that, though.

Not to defend him, but Cougar is actually a Titanium Powerseller based on his volume of sales and not his actual total net sales. EBay.UK allows sellers to qualify based on 1 of 2 things unlike regular EBay. First, as has been mentioned it is total monthly sales that exceed an average of 95,000.00 pounds. But in addition Ebay.UK allows you to qualify for Titanium POwer Seller status if you exceed an average of 500 sales per month as well. This is explained here:

eBay UK: Sell: Powersellers: Become a PowerSeller

For reference here is Cougar's auctions from the last 30 days:

eBay UK Seller List: cougarrinard

There is 874 total and granted not everything actually sold, but on a quick glance, it is fair to say he is exceeding the 500 item per month threshold.  The real question is, is how f*cking retarded is it that only EBay.UK offers different guidelines?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:32 pm 

Wow.. that's crazy. No wonder there are so many Powersellers on that side of the pond! Thanks for the info :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:12 pm 

Eh, Always wondered what he was smoking when I get his Titanium BS email.  I'm not exactly sure I like the powerseller program, I've encountered SO many cruddy PS's I am starting to lump them together in my head.  I am thinking about figuring out how to remove the little icon from beside my name on ebay, I want people to see me as an approachable regular person who likes games and happens to sell some, instead of as some giant no feeling mega-seller.  (Not that I AM a mega-seller by a long shot, but just dont' want to give a wrong impression with the PS logo.)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:53 am 

AncientSage wrote:Our good friend Tonya at it again...

A quick aside: I just did a search for "Tonya" on these forums and got six threads as the result. In two of these, it's not the Tonya in question; in one, she's mentioned in passing.

Here's the other three:

Laughable item descriptions
Shady dealers
THE EASTERN TREASURE CHEST/GAME EMPORIUM IS NOW jonb7839!!!! (which, of course, is not a very positive thread).

You go, Tonya! Go, you poor starving student! :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:03 am 

Reindeergamez wrote:Eh, Always wondered what he was smoking when I get his Titanium BS email. I'm not exactly sure I like the powerseller program, I've encountered SO many cruddy PS's I am starting to lump them together in my head. I am thinking about figuring out how to remove the little icon from beside my name on ebay, I want people to see me as an approachable regular person who likes games and happens to sell some, instead of as some giant no feeling mega-seller. (Not that I AM a mega-seller by a long shot, but just dont' want to give a wrong impression with the PS logo.)

hey reiny, yeah i feel the same. i think its a hindrance as much as a benefit myself.

i know how to remove it from your name (or hide it anyway)...and will do so, just as soon as i can be bothered to take the time to look and do that :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:04 pm 

Look at this bullsh*t because this seller is shady as hell. Seller closed out this auction for what he claims was an error in the lisitng:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

The immediate relists it with no changes what-so-ever here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5215197273

I guess he didn't like the way his acution was going so far. :evil:   Then worst part is when you look at his feedback:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... _for_dimes

Every auction he won is either illegal and removed or is illegal and hasnt been removed yet. You have got to love those $0.01 BIN Bull Sh*t feedback builder auctions. :roll: I would avoid this guy at all costs. Time to irritate him with a question. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

<edit>

Question asked:
Dear Seller, I was interested in bidding on you other auction for this material, but you closed it out early and relisted it.  The reason you had listed for closing the auction out early was an error in the description, yet you posted the exact same auction again with absolutely no changes.  I was wondering if you could explain to me why you did this?  Thanks for your time.

Lets see what is his reponse is if I get any at all. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:10 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Look at this bullsh*t because this seller is shady as hell. Seller closed out this auction for what he claims was an error in the lisitng:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Oops... That's one I'd listed under "interesting items";
Interesting Items Formerly on eBay • Page 79 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum
:(

Looks like they weren't happy with the current highest bid, so just cancelled and started again. Not a good sign...

thx for the follow-up, Brian.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:25 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Reindeergamez wrote:Anyone ever deal with "mikewyner"?

I bought a little mostly worthless d20 lot from him. (Actually didn't buy it for the resell factor so much as I was trying to get ahold of one particular module for a friend) My cost including shipping was only $20, so not a huge deal even if it goes sour.

I notice he's now "not a registered user" and doesn't respond to my emails.

Oddly enough he's located in the next town over from me so maybe he'll be more inclined to work with me when he finds that out.

I guess I've been lucky, I've never really even had to worry about getting ripped off before. It's only been around 10 days so it's still not hopeless, but I'm not crossing my fingers.

Filed the paypal complaint against him, but they say the transaction wasn't protected with the buyer protection thingie so I'm probably out of luck.

A littlle birdy tells me mikewyner is no longer a registered user because he was shilling his own auctions with 2 different user ids....................

As a follow up to this one as well, MIKEWYNER is back on EBay after his temporary suspension for shilling and has now changed his EBay User ID to DUNGEONDAD .  Everyone should be aware of this when dealing with him that he has shilled in the past.

Here is feedback:

eBay Feedback Profile for dungeondad

And here is his user ID history:

Welcome to eBay

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 27 of 112123 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 110111112