Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 26 of 112123 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 110111112
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:20 pm 

Is this one shady, or merely confused, guys?  The feedback and the liberal usage of "rare" makes me think shady.  :evil:

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 4&rd=1

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:14 pm 

Looks pretty ok. Just the location is a bit off for roleplaying items (phillipines???)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:29 pm 

I guess confused - description of an AC5 and image of an AC6.

Skimmed over the products he's selling. I think he's just being bitten by the "rare" bug - other from that, seems ok.

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:12 am 

This one was pretty shady. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this since it's T&T and not a TSR product, but I thought my fellow collectors would want to be aware of the names of people trying to scam us on e-bay.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

In the bidding history you will note that camluz3 bid $2.00, $2.50, $3.00, $6.50, $9.00, and $10.50 and then (once he was high bidder) retracted the last bid because he had "entered wrong number". Then he sent me an e-mail through e-bay that said "I canceled the last bidder due to I know him and perfer not to sell to him. Sorry for not informing you earlier."

Well, which was it?

To top it off, my sister won the auction and when I told her all about this double-reason thing she said that paypal sent a payment to camluz2. You think that camluz3 (bidder) and camluz2 (seller) are somehow related? Hmmm.

We reported it to e-bay.

Finarvyn
Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
D&D Player Since 1975

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:42 am 

How about this Jack Off stealing the description from the site word for f*cking word and didn't even acknowledge it. :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 73666&rd=1

Maybe Foul should send them a nice cease and desist email. :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:46 am 

Finarvyn wrote:This one was pretty shady. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this since it's T&T and not a TSR product, but I thought my fellow collectors would want to be aware of the names of people trying to scam us on e-bay.

In the bidding history you will note that camluz3 bid $2.00, $2.50, $3.00, $6.50, $9.00, and $10.50 and then (once he was high bidder) retracted the last bid because he had "entered wrong number". Then he sent me an e-mail through e-bay that said "I canceled the last bidder due to I know him and perfer not to sell to him. Sorry for not informing you earlier."

Well, which was it?

To top it off, my sister won the auction and when I told her all about this double-reason thing she said that paypal sent a payment to camluz2. You think that camluz3 (bidder) and camluz2 (seller) are somehow related? Hmmm.

We reported it to e-bay.

That may be the worst(aka stupidest) bit of shilling that I have ever seen. I am going to report him as well. By the way both the bidder and seller are from Michigan, it may the most obvious shill I have ever seen on EBay in 6 years. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:38 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Finarvyn wrote:This one was pretty shady. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this since it's T&T and not a TSR product, but I thought my fellow collectors would want to be aware of the names of people trying to scam us on e-bay.

Well, which was it?

We reported it to e-bay.

That may be the worst(aka stupidest) bit of shilling that I have ever seen. I am going to report him as well. By the way both the bidder and seller are from Michigan, it may the most obvious shill I have ever seen on EBay in 6 years. :roll:

Well another a$$ hole shill eats a big fat d*ck. calmuz3 and daggerthistle are no longer registered users. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:24 pm 

Well, which was it?

We reported it to e-bay.

Wow, what blatant shilling, good catch...I think Ebay has removed the users while investigating, meaning they took your complaint seriously.

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:56 pm 

2 confirmed kills, good job guys.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:09 am 

Our good friend Tonya at it again...Notice the question and answer below the picture. That's right...she actually says she thinks it is the original shrinkwrap.... :roll:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0&rd=1

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:19 am 

Looks like Keepoftheborderlands is no longer registered

eBay Feedback Profile for keepontheborderlands

I guess Ebay eventually gets around to getting the bad ones. :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:31 am 

Blackmoor wrote:Looks like Keepoftheborderlands is no longer registered

eBay Feedback Profile for keepontheborderlands

I guess Ebay eventually gets around to getting the bad ones. :D

well what goes around comes around....he only got what he deserves...

couldnt happen to a nicer person  :roll:

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:17 am 

Badmike wrote:Wow, what blatant shilling, good catch...I think Ebay has removed the users while investigating, meaning they took your complaint seriously.

Well I just hope that this guy at least sends the product, since it's been paid for and all.  :(

Finarvyn
Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
D&D Player Since 1975

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:05 am 

Our friend Cougie is making me giggle again. Apparantly one of his buyers received three goods with missing pages, they left a Neg, a neutral and a positive, Cougie left three Negs and the following excuse:

typical newbie, rarther leave neg FB than e-mail 4 replacemnet, photocopy refund
 Seller   cougarrinard ( 4290)   Jun-16-05 07:50  5199313621  

typical newbie, rarther leave neg FB than e-mail 4 replacemnet, photocopy refund
 Seller   cougarrinard ( 4290)   Jun-16-05 07:50  5186161120  

Seller   cougarrinard ( 4290)   Jun-16-05 07:49  5175351859

I tell you what, when I buy a D&D item online, I LOVE to have freaking PHOTOCOPIES sent me when the original items have been sent incomplete because I'm an incompetent moron, that makes everything better.  Sheesh.  
  I know as a seller, I would be pissed at a buyer who left Neg feedback before I had a chance to deal with the situation, but I wouldn't leave negs for positives or neutrals, and I wouldn't offer photocopies for replacements (I'd simply refund the money).  
  And he's still throwing out the "Titanium Powerseller" bullshit.  He'd need about 2000 more sales a month to even think about getting into the territory of $150,000 on Ebay monthly.

Mike B.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:38 pm 

... and I'm sure you'd like to pay 3x postage for his mistake like he makes his customers do.

Still nevermind, despite being a titanium rated seller or whatever I know for a fact the e-bay people WILL remove this neg feedback he left as it falls into one of the catagories that they will act. Which in my mind makes him worse that the newbies these powersellers keep complaining about!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:04 pm 

To be fair, I have never had any bad experiences with Coug. I know his item descriptions are vague and you need to ask about condition etc. but he's always been open and honest with me.

He's not out to rob anyone like out friend Jonb/ETC/TGE.

I had a bad experience with Flying Dork who really lived up to his name. I paid him over £100 for magazines that never turned up. I even paid for additional insurance, tracking and next day delivery.

A week later I e-mailed the guy and he said 'Oh, I just posted it.' Two weeks later I get his contact info from eBay and phone the guy and he says 'I don't know where your magazines are. Go complain to PayPal.' :evil:

Big victory :D . Today I got my money back (well most of it anyway).

So 'Flying Dork' I'd have to offer up as a Shady Dealer. His attitude sucks for someone with that amount of positive feedback. If you buy from him, make sure you use a credit card. I didn't and he tried as hard as he could to keep my money. :evil:

I must say, that's the first time PayPal have ever come through for me. Ususally the seller empties their accounts real quick. Someone must have really been on the ball in PayPal. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:38 pm 

Is there any way to actually check if someone is as highly rated as a Powerseller as they claim? Titanium is <b>$150,000</i> a month, and I just can't see that happening selling RPGs, even for someone crazy like Coug. At $30 average, he'd have to sell 162 items a day.. So more realistically, he'd have to be selling 500+ items a day, which is simply impossible.

I'm a bronze level PS, but I can't see any difference in the info between me and Coug.

And after reading this thread, now I know why the item I bought from him was covered in stamps, instead of being paid for at the PO, heh.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:06 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:Is there any way to actually check if someone is as highly rated as a Powerseller as they claim? Titanium is <b>$150,000</i> a month, and I just can't see that happening selling RPGs, even for someone crazy like Coug. At $30 average, he'd have to sell 162 items a day.. So more realistically, he'd have to be selling 500+ items a day, which is simply impossible.

I'm a bronze level PS, but I can't see any difference in the info between me and Coug.

And after reading this thread, now I know why the item I bought from him was covered in stamps, instead of being paid for at the PO, heh.

You could do an advanced search by seller, select the checkbox to include Completed listings in the last 30 days, and break out the calculator...I don't think Cougar is anywhere near that, though.

YIM  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 26 of 112123 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 110111112