Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 26 of 112123 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 110111112
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:52 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:
bclarkie wrote:This feckin idiot seller has the worst feedback this side of maxwell ...

Maxie's at 84 percent and sinking like a lead weight, for those interested:

eBay Feedback Profile for brucem253

Truly a moron of the first order ... :roll:

I just love the comment in the auction that Cougar won.  

"Peace and love to those who are down. A special hello to my buddy DEADLORD (Wheres the pic's man?) plus a shout to all my ACAEUM brothers."

That auction was completed back in mid-February.  I guess right after that was when Maxwell's total meltdown occured.  Was there ever any legal action taken in regards to the threats that were made to a couple of the forum members?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:56 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
Reindeergamez wrote:I guess I've been lucky, I've never really even had to worry about getting ripped off before. It's only been around 10 days so it's still not hopeless, but I'm not crossing my fingers.

Filed the paypal complaint against him, but they say the transaction wasn't protected with the buyer protection thingie so I'm probably out of luck.

Reiny - i just totally and utterly ignore shi*ty paypal and go straight to my credit card, who just chargeback anything that goes sour on me. three times paypal stiffed me in 6-9 months - 1 of them was that ETC muppet, so now i just call up my card and they sort it - three times i have done that now and they have sorted it just fine.

hope that helps?

Al

Does paypal ever get irratated at all your chargebacks, do they ever say they are going to cancel your account?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:58 am 

killjoy32 wrote:Reiny - i just totally and utterly ignore shi*ty paypal and go straight to my credit card, who just chargeback anything that goes sour on me. three times paypal stiffed me in 6-9 months - 1 of them was that ETC muppet, so now i just call up my card and they sort it - three times i have done that now and they have sorted it just fine.

Reiny, I totally agree with Al.  In this case the Bank is on your side whereas the Paypal team are less then useless.  I remember trying to go down the Paypal path and being told that there was nothing they could do to help.  I then went to my bank which followed through without any hassle and made sure my funds were returned.  To add insult to injury Paypal then sent me an email suggesting that I should in future deal with them first.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:59 am 

improvstone wrote:
Reiny, I totally agree with Al. In this case the Bank is on your side whereas the Paypal team are less then useless. I remember trying to go down the Paypal path and being told that there was nothing they could do to help. I then went to my bank which followed through without any hassle and made sure my funds were returned. To add insult to injury Paypal then sent me an email suggesting that I should in future deal with them first.

I think I'm going to have to go that route.  Luckily I actually did use a card instead of paypal "funds."

If he doesn't respond to my last email, I'm going to wait a couple of days and let him know how easy it would be for me to just drop by and pick up the items if shipping is too complex for him.   :twisted:

I can feel good I wasn't shilled at least, gotta love sniping.   Thanks for the help :P

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:11 pm 

improvstone wrote:
Reiny, I totally agree with Al. In this case the Bank is on your side whereas the Paypal team are less then useless. I remember trying to go down the Paypal path and being told that there was nothing they could do to help. I then went to my bank which followed through without any hassle and made sure my funds were returned. To add insult to injury Paypal then sent me an email suggesting that I should in future deal with them first.

Reiny....yeah what mike says here is right. i had 3 to do last month. i tried 1 thru paypal and they were about as interested as jonb is in morals. so i just went straight to my card and they sorted all 3. i got a msg from paypal suggesting i deal with them in future, which of course there is about as much chance of me winning the lottery, of me asking them for help again! and that wasnt the first time they have let me down big stylee too (the third time to be exact)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:50 pm 

Are there any restrictions on being able to use a credit card through PayPal as opposed to using PayPal funds (e.g. needing a certain type of account). Also, are the fees higher on the Seller's end if you use a credit card rather than funds? I seem to remember some sellers saying they would only accept PayPal payment from available funds because otherwise the fees were too high.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:24 pm 

shadowfax17 wrote:Are there any restrictions on being able to use a credit card through PayPal as opposed to using PayPal funds (e.g. needing a certain type of account). Also, are the fees higher on the Seller's end if you use a credit card rather than funds? I seem to remember some sellers saying they would only accept PayPal payment from available funds because otherwise the fees were too high.

The only restriction I know of is a Paypal seller can refuse to accept funds that are not from a paypal fund and from a credit card instead.  I know as a Seller, it is a risk sometimes doing business when paying with a credit card they buyer can, for any reason at all, just charge back and you are out of luck.  Buyers can even get the items and chargeback the next day, as mentioned the credit card company is looking out for it's client, which is the buyer, and not the seller.  There is virtually nothing a seller can do in these instances. I've been lucky and never had it happen but I could give you horror stories of guys I know who have had $1000 orders through Paypal with the order being charged back, as usual Paypal is less than useless, etc. As a buyer I've done chargebacks through Paypal and got my money back but it took forever and a day, I haven't had to resort to calling my credit card company yet

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:33 pm 

That is the majority of the reason I do not usually accept credit cards. When I do, I withdraw ALL the money before anything gets sent. A chargeback would be useless.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:05 pm 

Is that the same Maxwell from that vault of maxwell thing way back last fall?

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:10 pm 

bbarsh wrote:Is that the same Maxwell from that vault of maxwell thing way back last fall?

The one and the only. You werent around for when maxwell went psycho. Check back in this thread around page 4 or 5 when the fun started. Also go back a few forum pages and see some of threads Maxwell started like Rip off crybabies. It makes for some ver interesting reading. 8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:20 pm 

Is this one shady, or merely confused, guys?  The feedback and the liberal usage of "rare" makes me think shady.  :evil:

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 4&rd=1

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:14 pm 

Looks pretty ok. Just the location is a bit off for roleplaying items (phillipines???)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:29 pm 

I guess confused - description of an AC5 and image of an AC6.

Skimmed over the products he's selling. I think he's just being bitten by the "rare" bug - other from that, seems ok.

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:12 am 

This one was pretty shady. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this since it's T&T and not a TSR product, but I thought my fellow collectors would want to be aware of the names of people trying to scam us on e-bay.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

In the bidding history you will note that camluz3 bid $2.00, $2.50, $3.00, $6.50, $9.00, and $10.50 and then (once he was high bidder) retracted the last bid because he had "entered wrong number". Then he sent me an e-mail through e-bay that said "I canceled the last bidder due to I know him and perfer not to sell to him. Sorry for not informing you earlier."

Well, which was it?

To top it off, my sister won the auction and when I told her all about this double-reason thing she said that paypal sent a payment to camluz2. You think that camluz3 (bidder) and camluz2 (seller) are somehow related? Hmmm.

We reported it to e-bay.

Finarvyn
Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
D&D Player Since 1975

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:42 am 

How about this Jack Off stealing the description from the site word for f*cking word and didn't even acknowledge it. :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 73666&rd=1

Maybe Foul should send them a nice cease and desist email. :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:46 am 

Finarvyn wrote:This one was pretty shady. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this since it's T&T and not a TSR product, but I thought my fellow collectors would want to be aware of the names of people trying to scam us on e-bay.

In the bidding history you will note that camluz3 bid $2.00, $2.50, $3.00, $6.50, $9.00, and $10.50 and then (once he was high bidder) retracted the last bid because he had "entered wrong number". Then he sent me an e-mail through e-bay that said "I canceled the last bidder due to I know him and perfer not to sell to him. Sorry for not informing you earlier."

Well, which was it?

To top it off, my sister won the auction and when I told her all about this double-reason thing she said that paypal sent a payment to camluz2. You think that camluz3 (bidder) and camluz2 (seller) are somehow related? Hmmm.

We reported it to e-bay.

That may be the worst(aka stupidest) bit of shilling that I have ever seen. I am going to report him as well. By the way both the bidder and seller are from Michigan, it may the most obvious shill I have ever seen on EBay in 6 years. :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:38 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Finarvyn wrote:This one was pretty shady. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this since it's T&T and not a TSR product, but I thought my fellow collectors would want to be aware of the names of people trying to scam us on e-bay.

Well, which was it?

We reported it to e-bay.

That may be the worst(aka stupidest) bit of shilling that I have ever seen. I am going to report him as well. By the way both the bidder and seller are from Michigan, it may the most obvious shill I have ever seen on EBay in 6 years. :roll:

Well another a$$ hole shill eats a big fat d*ck. calmuz3 and daggerthistle are no longer registered users. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:24 pm 

Well, which was it?

We reported it to e-bay.

Wow, what blatant shilling, good catch...I think Ebay has removed the users while investigating, meaning they took your complaint seriously.

Mike B.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 26 of 112123 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 110111112