Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 25 of 112123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 110111112
Author

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 2:26 am 

I'm not sure why this set me off so badly tonight, but I found this in cougar's feedback and it really pissed me off:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5196335992

(neutral feedback)very fast delivery & smooth transaction, but item not in VG condition & complete Buyer   thalamar ( 10)   May-23-05 11:41  5196335992  
Reply by cougarrinard: smooth & fast, offered refund & still a nFB from another newbie, may stop accept   May-23-05 15:01  

His feedback to the buyer:
(neutral feedback) offered refund, despatched quickly, still got nFB = why newbies asked 2 e-mail Seller   cougarrinard ( 4133)   May-23-05 14:57  5196335992  
Reply by thalamar: incomplete & not in VGC: item description didn't say that!   May-24-05 04:48  
Follow-up by cougarrinard: item description was accurate, did not state complete? vgc in my opinion, newbie   May-28-05 03:07

And another:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5193909749

Arrived quickly. Map missing, however.  Buyer   drinnik ( 3 )   May-27-05 14:20  5193909749  
Reply by cougarrinard: cannot see map in item description? why do you think there was one? why comment?   May-28-05 02:54  

That's low! If the item is incomplete, it should say that in the auction *clearly*, otherwise it's very misleading and irresponsible. His first auction description says simply and very generally, "VGC BOXED SET BOOKS, MAPS CARDS BOXED VGC" and the second merely states, "VGC ADV" (Obviously cannot see map in item description, as that really isn't an item description at all!), and then there's like the self-promotion titanium powerseller garbage and huge shipping paragraphs below that is about 100 times more detailed. I know many of you already think he's a poohead, but I just really needed to rant about this, as his irresponsible attitude got me (and usually gets me) so mad.  :evil:

Waterdeep? Never heard of it.

-Factol Pentar, Doomguard

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:08 am 

I bought from him -cougarrinard- one time, but it was for the last time.
Two items were described as VGC (one module, one book : oriental adventure). I get them cheaper BUT they were not in very good condition.
2 Pages were missing for the module, and for the book, pages were not attached... So far from very good condition! :evil:
He answered that he has so many items to check, so many transactions bla bla bla... and that he was the third or fourth owner... so sorry...
I get a partial refund after all, for about half the price, because shipping back them would have been too expensive for me.
And i don't talk about his feedback policy, already described...

He doesn't assume his seller's responsabilities and I am closed to think that he chose the items he sent to me after the end of the bids. He can select items in his warehouse depending on the price (all items from him are VGC). If you get something for a cheap price, you wont get a beautiful one, especially if it could be difficult for you to claim.

Mistrustful!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:47 am 

I think that is the biggest problem with his auctions. Every item is VGC. And that's it. No detailed description, no picture that shows flaws and quality of the item. I would probably buy from him if that would change since I pretty much dont care about his feedback policy. As long as the shipping is fast, the items quality as adevertised and the price is right I would be willing to deal with him.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:08 am 

Simple fix. Don't bid.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:14 am 

i guess thats why my items don't always sell well, because bar for the very odd time, where i wasnt specific enough (not for the effort of trying tho), i am quite specific on any faults with an item.....but at least i feel better than ppl know exactly what they are getting from me.

would rather be that way, then be "vague" and have someone really pissed at me.

ah well :)

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:05 am 

Cougar is intentionally vague, and he does list everything in VGC, which is one of the many reasons I will not buy anything from him. I just wonder if he has sold the stuff that I sent to him a couple months ago, that clearly was NOT in very good condition.......... :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:51 am 

killjoy32 wrote:i guess thats why my items don't always sell well, because bar for the very odd time, where i wasnt specific enough (not for the effort of trying tho), i am quite specific on any faults with an item.....but at least i feel better than ppl know exactly what they are getting from me.

would rather be that way, then be "vague" and have someone really pissed at me.

Alan

This is ironic and sad.   :cry:  

The guys that go to a huge amount of trouble to be fair and reasonable in their item descriptions, spell every flaw out in detail, quote shipping, etc., etc., never get the impulsive newbies hitting BIN, or the bidding frenzies, or "hunch bids", or whatever causes the massive spike in a price.  It's really quite unfair.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:59 am 

well i guess thats why i wont ever get rich very quickly, if ever :D

ne'mind :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:23 am 

killjoy32 wrote:well i guess thats why i wont ever get rich very quickly, if ever :D

ne'mind :)

Al

Al, you will actually fare better in the long run. You won't become a Platinum-Plated High Energy Whiz Kid Mumbo Jumbo Powerseller anytime soon, but you'll get fewer negs and more people actually buying from you because they know that what you tell is what they get - instead of the other way round: buying, getting burned, and putting that seller on the "no bid" list.

Franz

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:35 am 

rosenkav wrote:Al, you will actually fare better in the long run. You won't become a Platinum-Plated High Energy Whiz Kid Mumbo Jumbo Powerseller anytime soon, but you'll get fewer negs and more people actually buying from you because they know that what you tell is what they get - instead of the other way round: buying, getting burned, and putting that seller on the "no bid" list.

Franz

i will end up being a Chocolate-coated peanut powerseller :)

that'll do me :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:53 am 

I would also  buy more stuff from a seller named Al. I mean, the real name of such a person can only be Lets-have-a-beer-and-make-a-good-trade-Al . Dont think that would work with a name like "Cougarrinard"  :?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:08 am 

Jupp wrote:I would also buy more stuff from a seller named Al. I mean, the real name of such a person can only be Lets-have-a-beer-and-make-a-good-trade-Al . Dont think that would work with a name like "Cougarrinard" :?

LOL very funny  :lol:  :lol:  :D

'cept my ebay ID is the same as my ID on here..... i got that nickname when i used to play Quake 1 online many many moons ago, and was in a UK Quake Clan called "QPD"....we had a right blast...and the nick has just stuck ever since then....kinda doesnt feel right when i try to choose another ID .....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:55 pm 

Anyone feel like gambling.  This feckin idiot seller has the worst feedback this side of maxwell:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 63843&rd=1

He is so dumb that he has his feedback hidden, but if you look at his My EBay page, he has it listed as part of it.  :roll:

Too bad it is not a rare item, I wonder how many people would be rolling the dice. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:58 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Anyone feel like gambling. This feckin idiot seller has the worst feedback this side of maxwell:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 63843&rd=1

He is so dumb that he has his feedback hidden, but if you look at his My EBay page, he has it listed as part of it. :roll:

Too bad it is not a rare item, I wonder how many people would be rolling the dice. :wink:

seen some of his mailing rates too??!!  8O  8O  8O

what a muppet! :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:20 pm 

bclarkie wrote:This feckin idiot seller has the worst feedback this side of maxwell ...

Maxie's at 84 percent and sinking like a lead weight, for those interested:

eBay Feedback Profile for brucem253

Truly a moron of the first order ... :roll:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:29 am 

Anyone ever deal with "mikewyner"?

I bought a little mostly worthless d20 lot from him.  (Actually didn't buy it for the resell factor so much as I was trying to get ahold of one particular module for a friend)  My cost including shipping was only $20, so not a huge deal even if it goes sour.

I notice he's now "not a registered user" and doesn't respond to my emails.

Oddly enough he's located in the next town over from me so maybe he'll be more inclined to work with me when he finds that out.

I guess I've been lucky, I've never really even had to worry about getting ripped off before.  It's only been around 10 days so it's still not hopeless, but I'm not crossing my fingers.

Filed the paypal complaint against him, but they say the transaction wasn't protected with the buyer protection thingie so I'm probably out of luck.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:44 am 

Reindeergamez wrote:Anyone ever deal with "mikewyner"?

I bought a little mostly worthless d20 lot from him. (Actually didn't buy it for the resell factor so much as I was trying to get ahold of one particular module for a friend) My cost including shipping was only $20, so not a huge deal even if it goes sour.

I notice he's now "not a registered user" and doesn't respond to my emails.

Oddly enough he's located in the next town over from me so maybe he'll be more inclined to work with me when he finds that out.

I guess I've been lucky, I've never really even had to worry about getting ripped off before. It's only been around 10 days so it's still not hopeless, but I'm not crossing my fingers.

Filed the paypal complaint against him, but they say the transaction wasn't protected with the buyer protection thingie so I'm probably out of luck.

A littlle birdy tells me mikewyner is no longer a registered user because he was shilling his own auctions with 2 different user ids....................

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:48 am 

Reindeergamez wrote:I guess I've been lucky, I've never really even had to worry about getting ripped off before. It's only been around 10 days so it's still not hopeless, but I'm not crossing my fingers.

Reiny - i just totally and utterly ignore shi*ty paypal and go straight to my credit card, who just chargeback anything that goes sour on me. three times paypal stiffed me in 6-9 months - 1 of them was that ETC muppet, so now i just call up my card and they sort it - three times i have done that now and they have sorted it just fine.

hope that helps?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 25 of 112123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 110111112