Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 24 of 112123 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 110111112
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:13 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Rosie, which one are you missing? I'm sure one of us here has an extra to trade/sell if you need one.

That would be great! I'm missing the H4 for now... and then I'll start improving the quality of the ones I have  :twisted:

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:24 am 

killjoy32 wrote:yea thats really the problem i am having with them - would prb like to get them to add to my stuff, but just cant justify myself in paying that kind of money for them.....they dont seem all that to me and ppl i know who have played them, said they were "ok" but nothing spectacular....so i dunno...rather hold out for better things first and maybe pick them up somewhere along the way....

Well, on the other side of the medal, there are practically NO TSR AD&D adventures for this high a level - 15+

So you're stuck with Hs or what you write yourself.

Actually, I feel that when to challenge your PCs you have to routinely raid the Palace of Orcus, maybe it's time to let them achieve Demigodhood and start over at 1st level...

... but maybe this is an argument best discussed of in another thread.

:)

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:02 am 

Well, I'm content with PDFs of H1-4

Which I bought and paid for from svgames.com (who don't sell PDFs anymore)

I doubt my players will EVER make it to 18th level anyway - there's too many accidents waiting to happen  :twisted:

BJS

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 4:53 pm 

Speaking of Cougarrinard.... this one is great. I purchased a module from him a month or so ago. I told him I was interested in other stuff he had and asked if we could wait and combine shipping. He said "yes." Then the boss, er wife said no more for a while. I e-mailed him that I would not be purchasing anything else right now and that I wanted to settle up what I owed him. I heard nothing from him for two weeks when I am notified by eBay that I have a "no payment" complaint filed against me from him. I paid as soon as I got him to give me a total with shipping. At the same time he purchased two modules from me. He paid and then e-mailed me that he wanted me to leave him positive feedback 8O While all this is happening I am still getting a message from eBay every day telling me there is a complaint against me from him. At that point I replied again to the complaint that it had been paid for some time and I wanted it removed. He must have finally taken note because it was gone the next day. I then left feedback for him. I had at some point even forwarded the e-mail I sent him long BEFORE his complaint asking for a total so I could pay him and received no reply to that. All this has made sure that I will never purchase from him again.

pleveich (no fancy or catchy sayings ..... yet. no picture either, could someone please point me to a thread that tells how to do that)

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:51 pm 

pleveich wrote:I heard nothing from him for two weeks when I am notified by eBay that I have a "no payment" complaint filed against me from him.

If I recall, eBay has an automated option available to high-volume sellers that sends a notification to buyers if they do not pay for an auction within a specified period of time.  I suspect that is the notification that you got.  It appears that he really didn't do anything offensive to you.  Actually, he seemed to accommodate all of your requests.  Maybe not in as timely a manner as would be desired, but he does deal with a lot of auctions.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:15 am 

dbartman wrote:
pleveich wrote:I heard nothing from him for two weeks when I am notified by eBay that I have a "no payment" complaint filed against me from him.

If I recall, eBay has an automated option available to high-volume sellers that sends a notification to buyers if they do not pay for an auction within a specified period of time. I suspect that is the notification that you got. It appears that he really didn't do anything offensive to you. Actually, he seemed to accommodate all of your requests. Maybe not in as timely a manner as would be desired, but he does deal with a lot of auctions.

It was an offical non-payment complaint he filed not a "btw you still owe me for this" e-mail. I have almost 1,900 eBay transactions and every one is a perfect positive. I pay promptly and fully in short order, of this I am proud. I just did not like what he did in the least, especially when I asked him before the complaint for a total so I COULD PAY HIM IN FULL.

I understand what you are saying but it was not any automated "please pay" message; it was just a crappy way for the whole thing to be handled. Asking me for feedback after he paid, when he does not do the same is kind of hmm... "tacky" in my opinion too. Bear in mind I had already paid him by the time he asked that and was still getting a "complaint filed against you" message every time I logged onto eBay.

pleveich

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:53 am 

pleveich wrote:I understand what you are saying but it was not any automated "please pay" message; it was just a crappy way for the whole thing to be handled. Asking me for feedback after he paid, when he does not do the same is kind of hmm... "tacky" in my opinion too. Bear in mind I had already paid him by the time he asked that and was still getting a "complaint filed against you" message every time I logged onto eBay.

pleveich

I don't wish to seem to be the one who sits here defending Coug all the time, but will point something out for y'all in his defence tho, while NOT covering the non-payment situation, it does cover the feedback element.

Just a short time ago, Dave bought something off me. We were sorting a deal on a few other things, so it never got sent to him for nearly a month, by agreement because of that. I also mentioned to him, that while i normally leave my feedback when i am shipping an item (ie first), i would not do this with Coug, as it was his policy to have the buyer leave feedback first, so i would also do it that way. He was cool with that and as soon as he received the item, he left feedback for me very promptly, to which i also did.

Plev: did you transaction take place via paypal? only reason i ask, is that sometimes, you DON'T get notified of the payment, and when you have hundreds of other transactions taking place, it can be pretty damn hard to find one of them. i have had someone pay me via paypal, i didnt get notified and ebay didnt say it was paid either. that thankfully, worked out in the end, but i was totally under the impression at the time, that i was just being messed about!

It could have just been a mis-understanding you know...it DOES happen.... :)

anyway...back to more important matters....trying to find my oldest JG book.....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:19 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
pleveich wrote:I understand what you are saying but it was not any automated "please pay" message; it was just a crappy way for the whole thing to be handled. Asking me for feedback after he paid, when he does not do the same is kind of hmm... "tacky" in my opinion too. Bear in mind I had already paid him by the time he asked that and was still getting a "complaint filed against you" message every time I logged onto eBay.

pleveich

I don't wish to seem to be the one who sits here defending Coug all the time, but will point something out for y'all in his defence tho, while NOT covering the non-payment situation, it does cover the feedback element.

Just a short time ago, Dave bought something off me. We were sorting a deal on a few other things, so it never got sent to him for nearly a month, by agreement because of that. I also mentioned to him, that while i normally leave my feedback when i am shipping an item (ie first), i would not do this with Coug, as it was his policy to have the buyer leave feedback first, so i would also do it that way. He was cool with that and as soon as he received the item, he left feedback for me very promptly, to which i also did.

Plev: did you transaction take place via paypal? only reason i ask, is that sometimes, you DON'T get notified of the payment, and when you have hundreds of other transactions taking place, it can be pretty damn hard to find one of them. i have had someone pay me via paypal, i didnt get notified and ebay didnt say it was paid either. that thankfully, worked out in the end, but i was totally under the impression at the time, that i was just being messed about!

anyway...back to more important matters....trying to find my oldest JG book.....

Al

Hi Al, It was indeed through PayPal. Before he filed an "official" complaint he could have had the decency to send me an e-mail. As for the PayPal possibility, again an e-mail would have resolved that issue. I could have forwarded him my e-mail stating that he had been paid as proof. If he is so busy that he cannot answer or check all his e-mails (like the one I sent him a week and a half before he filed the complaint asking him for a total so I could pay) then he needs to list less items or hire some help. I know things happen sometimes and am fine with that. Even if all this was some kind of misunderstanding then when shown proof of what transpired he could have at least had the decency to send me an e-mail and apologize; I know that if things had been reversed I would have done that.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:00 pm 

pleveich wrote:If he is so busy that he cannot answer or check all his e-mails (like the one I sent him a week and a half before he filed the complaint asking him for a total so I could pay) then he needs to list less items or hire some help.

Is a valid point, that.

Am surprised there wasn't a neg in return, too, but those seem to be reserved for any feedback "snubs" he receives (a well-deserved "neutral", say), since he's possibly often too busy to run around with flame wars resulting from negs on still "open" business transactions.

...Besides, I thought he had a Cougarette to help him?

sorry; couldn't resist...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:12 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
pleveich wrote:
I understand what you are saying but it was not any automated "please pay" message; it was just a crappy way for the whole thing to be handled. Asking me for feedback after he paid, when he does not do the same is kind of hmm... "tacky" in my opinion too. Bear in mind I had already paid him by the time he asked that and was still getting a "complaint filed against you" message every time I logged onto eBay.

pleveich

Al

If you click the auction description after it is over, if the buyer has used paypal it will state at the top "Buyer has paid with Paypal".  So it's easy enough to find out if the buyer has paid via this method.  

The fact is that normally, Cougie wants you to leave him feedback first in all cases (buying and selling) and badgers you until it is done.  I have a feeling things worked out differently for you because of the reciprocal deal you had going, but his is the classic case of feedback selfishness.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:15 pm 

Badmike wrote:If you click the auction description after it is over, if the buyer has used paypal it will state at the top "Buyer has paid with Paypal". So it's easy enough to find out if the buyer has paid via this method.
 The fact is that normally, Cougie wants you to leave him feedback first in all cases (buying and selling) and badgers you until it is done. I have a feeling things worked out differently for you because of the reciprocal deal you had going, but his is the classic case of feedback selfishness.

Mike B.

Mike, only reason i mentioned it, is that i have had instances where "buyer has paid by paypal" doesnt appear. neither have i like EVER been notified, and yet, there it is on paypal as paid. the system DOES have some glitches from time to time and its happened to my quite embarrassingly about 3 or 4 times in the last 18 months. thankfully, i have been able to sort it.....

can't always trust ebay tho chummer :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:05 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
Badmike wrote:
If you click the auction description after it is over, if the buyer has used paypal it will state at the top "Buyer has paid with Paypal". So it's easy enough to find out if the buyer has paid via this method.
The fact is that normally, Cougie wants you to leave him feedback first in all cases (buying and selling) and badgers you until it is done. I have a feeling things worked out differently for you because of the reciprocal deal you had going, but his is the classic case of feedback selfishness.

Mike B.

Mike, only reason i mentioned it, is that i have had instances where "buyer has paid by paypal" doesnt appear. neither have i like EVER been notified, and yet, there it is on paypal as paid. the system DOES have some glitches from time to time and its happened to my quite embarrassingly about 3 or 4 times in the last 18 months. thankfully, i have been able to sort it.....

can't always trust ebay tho chummer :)

Al

It has happened to me, very infrequently, you are correct.  Sometimes I don't get the notification email from paypal/ebay.  the buyer sends me an angry email about a week later, and there it is. Their system seems to go wonky one day every 6 months or so.

Mike B.

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 2:26 am 

I'm not sure why this set me off so badly tonight, but I found this in cougar's feedback and it really pissed me off:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5196335992

(neutral feedback)very fast delivery & smooth transaction, but item not in VG condition & complete Buyer   thalamar ( 10)   May-23-05 11:41  5196335992  
Reply by cougarrinard: smooth & fast, offered refund & still a nFB from another newbie, may stop accept   May-23-05 15:01  

His feedback to the buyer:
(neutral feedback) offered refund, despatched quickly, still got nFB = why newbies asked 2 e-mail Seller   cougarrinard ( 4133)   May-23-05 14:57  5196335992  
Reply by thalamar: incomplete & not in VGC: item description didn't say that!   May-24-05 04:48  
Follow-up by cougarrinard: item description was accurate, did not state complete? vgc in my opinion, newbie   May-28-05 03:07

And another:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5193909749

Arrived quickly. Map missing, however.  Buyer   drinnik ( 3 )   May-27-05 14:20  5193909749  
Reply by cougarrinard: cannot see map in item description? why do you think there was one? why comment?   May-28-05 02:54  

That's low! If the item is incomplete, it should say that in the auction *clearly*, otherwise it's very misleading and irresponsible. His first auction description says simply and very generally, "VGC BOXED SET BOOKS, MAPS CARDS BOXED VGC" and the second merely states, "VGC ADV" (Obviously cannot see map in item description, as that really isn't an item description at all!), and then there's like the self-promotion titanium powerseller garbage and huge shipping paragraphs below that is about 100 times more detailed. I know many of you already think he's a poohead, but I just really needed to rant about this, as his irresponsible attitude got me (and usually gets me) so mad.  :evil:

Waterdeep? Never heard of it.

-Factol Pentar, Doomguard

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:08 am 

I bought from him -cougarrinard- one time, but it was for the last time.
Two items were described as VGC (one module, one book : oriental adventure). I get them cheaper BUT they were not in very good condition.
2 Pages were missing for the module, and for the book, pages were not attached... So far from very good condition! :evil:
He answered that he has so many items to check, so many transactions bla bla bla... and that he was the third or fourth owner... so sorry...
I get a partial refund after all, for about half the price, because shipping back them would have been too expensive for me.
And i don't talk about his feedback policy, already described...

He doesn't assume his seller's responsabilities and I am closed to think that he chose the items he sent to me after the end of the bids. He can select items in his warehouse depending on the price (all items from him are VGC). If you get something for a cheap price, you wont get a beautiful one, especially if it could be difficult for you to claim.

Mistrustful!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:47 am 

I think that is the biggest problem with his auctions. Every item is VGC. And that's it. No detailed description, no picture that shows flaws and quality of the item. I would probably buy from him if that would change since I pretty much dont care about his feedback policy. As long as the shipping is fast, the items quality as adevertised and the price is right I would be willing to deal with him.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:08 am 

Simple fix. Don't bid.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:14 am 

i guess thats why my items don't always sell well, because bar for the very odd time, where i wasnt specific enough (not for the effort of trying tho), i am quite specific on any faults with an item.....but at least i feel better than ppl know exactly what they are getting from me.

would rather be that way, then be "vague" and have someone really pissed at me.

ah well :)

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:05 am 

Cougar is intentionally vague, and he does list everything in VGC, which is one of the many reasons I will not buy anything from him. I just wonder if he has sold the stuff that I sent to him a couple months ago, that clearly was NOT in very good condition.......... :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 24 of 112123 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 110111112