Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 23 of 112123 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 110111112
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:49 pm 

bclarkie wrote:One thing that both share in common too is the heavy bidding action on their auctions. :wink:

*nods*. :)

Oops, my bad... didn't spot that was two books, though! :roll:

Here we go; £4.95 p&p for one book...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5198118996
(ditto, zero bids! *g*)

==

p.s. *yay*. Just noticed that DMG is back! :P
Long time no see...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5200076957

Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:32 am 

I too happen to be on cougies mailing list even though he gave me retalitory feedback.   here is a funny email he just sent out, seems even people in real life find him a complete arse.  :P
What a tosser......

hi all,
nothing for sale or advertising this time, but an explanation as to what's been happening and why your post is delayed from me recently.    Its not that I have moved, (10,000 D&D stock items, 9,000 VHS videos & all usual house, home & business moving items),  redecorated a 5 bedroom house,  built every self assembly beds, shelf's, tables, chairs, cupboards, cabinets in fact everything in the place, or that one room & a garage is still full of unopened boxes from the move.   |Its not even that I have had to totally redecorate the old house to rent it out & have nearly finished third coat of paint all over,  OR that I have been doing a 06;30 till 12 ish day 7 days a week staying awake for one night a week for the last 4 months,  all this I can cope with its this;......

3 years ago I had a run in with a post mistress so just never went to that PO again.  Basically she was rude 3 out of 3 times I went in there, I made complaint but never heard back.     Sending out 200+ parcels a week and the fact that the said post office is nearly at the end of my new house / road I had to go back in there.    She was still there and refused to take my parcels, fancy that a post office that don't accept parcels.  she said that I had too many and she was not prepared to tie up her staff serving me.  As you can imagine I once again complained.  she had her telling off / caution and so I went back to once again do my parcels (I have been taking them over a mile to the next PO in the mean time)    today she actually threatened to punch me between the eyes, and laughed at the complaint,  and the seriousness of the previous problems, so as you can imagine I have escalated    the complaint to the highest possible level, I will be taking this all the way to the top, i am already busy but cannot allow this to happen.  i will have to take all parcels to the further away PO for the mean time and thank you for understanding that there may be slight delays while this is sorted out.

--dave

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:51 am 

deebo wrote:She was still there and refused to take my parcels, fancy that a post office that don't accept parcels. she said that I had too many and she was not prepared to tie up her staff serving me. As you can imagine I once again complained. she had her telling off / caution and so I went back to once again do my parcels (I have been taking them over a mile to the next PO in the mean time)  today she actually threatened to punch me between the eyes

And I complain about the U.S. mail service.  8O   This would be an entertaining newspaper headline:  "Mail service employee assaults blithering idiot".

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:02 am 

KingOfPain wrote:
And I complain about the U.S. mail service. 8O  This would be an entertaining newspaper headline: "Mail service employee assaults blithering idiot".

How about sending the lady a decoration?

That is she threatened to do something lots of ebayers would like to do.

Oh, let me see... maybe she's one of the people ripped off by the unsavoury business practices of our feline friend....

:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:22 am 

Or maybe she recognized the STAMPS.  

Yeah, someone should send her a medal.  Can't you just picture the tard trying to find a website where he can leave feedback for postal employees!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:39 am 

rosenkav wrote:
KingOfPain wrote:
And I complain about the U.S. mail service. 8O This would be an entertaining newspaper headline: "Mail service employee assaults blithering idiot".

How about sending the lady a decoration?

That is she threatened to do something lots of ebayers would like to do.

Oh, let me see... maybe she's one of the people ripped off by the unsavoury business practices of our feline friend....

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

thing is though, you might all laugh and have a dig at coug for every slightest thing for your own reasons BUT.... in there, there is something of a problem thats becoming more and more of an issue in the UK.

friend of mine's wife took SIX parcels (not even bulky either) to their local postie, to be told, "we cannot deal with you, we are far too busy and the limit is TWO. the rest, you will just have to bring back tomorrow"..... now what is THAT all about??!! don't they want any money or what?

my girlfriend went into the MAIN post office in manchester to post three small parcels, and i mean small. only to be told "we don't have time to weigh them and calculate postage. this should have been done before you came into the post office" errrr what??!!

these are the honest truth. is the postal service insane or something??!!

am seriously starting to think we have a society who have no other interest other than to be bone-idle. unreal man!  :?

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:44 am 

I feel I must say a few Cougar words:

All the dealings I've had with him in the past have gone smoothly.
Yes I found his Terms and Conditions a little overpowering for a newbie, but I got through it and came out a happy bunny.
He's certainly very keen/serious about what he does. He does seem a bit bullish or overbearing. Cornering the market in Bloodstone Passes seems to have worked for him - it makes him rich, which is what he's doing it for in the first place. Hard-nose tactics, but it's the real world and that's what people do. In fact, that's what we might do in our other fantasy world as well.

What I do find a little odd is that he's just moved house, but is still using the same local post office he used 3 years ago. Hmmm.

Anyway - yes I'd be 75% happy to buy from him again (except I normally get out-bid). If folk don't want to buy from him, then don't buy from him.
After all - we're a bunch of inane wafflers on here (self included :-) and often it's far too easy to slag someone off.

Overall, I'd give him a T, if we're talking 1st Ed racial preferences. (P/G/T/N/A/H) Would have been a G, but you lot have influenced me!

Also remember - without evil there can be no good!

Just my $0.02's worth, stating that it's not all bad.

BJS

PS - Now from what I see of Maxwell, it makes me uncomfortable as we share the same christian name!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:00 am 

To be fair, he's only moved down the road - check the postcode.  He's still in the same area of Portsmouth and he probably isn't using a post office the size of a corner shop considering the business he does.  Its porbably one of the big regional jobs, which makes the attitude he's getting even more outrageous.

I must side with Al on this, the fact that it is happening to a guy that gets a pop taken at him on here does seem to disguise the fact that the dear old post office is going down the gurgler UK side.  That should be a worry for anyone taking part in mail related bizz.

I blame the [insert political whipping-boy of choice here] :roll:

slammer  kintyre, hotfa nap, gripper longshank and  zhod thobi the npc was the party that got me interested

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:04 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:
Wandering Monster wrote:A lot of pouting and foot-stomping ensued ...

Yep, that's the feline in question — no doubt about it. :)

For some entertaining reading, use the search function on these forums and type in "Cougar" for the keyword. You'll then be directed to numerous Cougie stories under thread titles that contain words like "annoying," "shady," "idiot," "chowderhead," and "should be shot."

Hey folks!

Look at what I have just found in a Communications Arts magazine... and after a (small) photoshopping on my part:

http://tinypic.com/5dphfq

Ok, I admit, this one was for laughs ONLY.

:)

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:08 am 

b_stedman wrote: Cornering the market in Bloodstone Passes seems to have worked for him - it makes him rich, which is what he's doing it for in the first place. Hard-nose tactics, but it's the real world and that's what people do. In fact, that's what we might do in our other fantasy world as well.

When is the last time cougar actually successfully sold a Bloodstone Pass. Everyone I have ever seen him list never meets his reserve price. :?  I can also almost guarantee you that Cougar is rich only is furry little head.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:20 am 

bclarkie wrote:
b_stedman wrote: Cornering the market in Bloodstone Passes seems to have worked for him - it makes him rich, which is what he's doing it for in the first place. Hard-nose tactics, but it's the real world and that's what people do. In fact, that's what we might do in our other fantasy world as well.

When is the last time cougar actually successfully sold a Bloodstone Pass. Everyone I have ever seen him list never meets his reserve price. :?  I can also almost garuantee you that Cougar is rich only is furry little head.

wouldnt mind getting my hands on the H series, but its WAAAAAY down my list of wants tho.... :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:13 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:
When is the last time cougar actually successfully sold a Bloodstone Pass. Everyone I have ever seen him list never meets his reserve price. :? I can also almost garuantee you that Cougar is rich only is furry little head.

wouldnt mind getting my hands on the H series, but its WAAAAAY down my list of wants tho.... :)

Al

I have the whole set in Mint condition, I once put it up on Ebay as a featured auction with an $800.00 reserve just to act as a pointer to my other auctions, it worked well as my other auctions got good money.  The set almost went though, I was getting uncomfortable when the bidding hit $700.00 so I pulled the auction.  It retrospect I should have sold it then because the series goes for way cheaper now (this was about 4 years ago) but back then it was so hot!!
probably what cougar remembers is those days when H1 was routinely $200.00.  Those days are not coming back anytime sood though!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:40 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:

Al

I have the whole set in Mint condition, I once put it up on Ebay as a featured auction with an $800.00 reserve just to act as a pointer to my other auctions, it worked well as my other auctions got good money. The set almost went though, I was getting uncomfortable when the bidding hit $700.00 so I pulled the auction. It retrospect I should have sold it then because the series goes for way cheaper now (this was about 4 years ago) but back then it was so hot!!
probably what cougar remembers is those days when H1 was routinely $200.00. Those days are not coming back anytime sood though!

so how much would you regard a good price to pay for a quality copy of all four in the H series now?

gotta admit...i know next to nothing about these really and i tend to run from stuff i am totally ignorant of...until i know more...

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:16 pm 

I have three out of four of the H series... in good condition (some wear on the covers and such).

By the gaming point of view, not really my piece of cake. I don't like so much high-level things (15+).

The really fun part is that I got them instead of our feline friend. Just keep wondering how much he was pissed by this.

8)

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:54 pm 

Rosie, which one are you missing? I'm sure one of us here has an extra to trade/sell if you need one.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:15 pm 

[/quote]

so how much would you regard a good price to pay for a quality copy of all four in the H series now?

gotta admit...i know next to nothing about these really and i tend to run from stuff i am totally ignorant of...until i know more...[/quote]

I would think any thing in the $40.00 - $60.00 range would be reasonable for Mint copies of H2-4 and $80 - $100 for complete H1. Just my opinion. Mine are not currently for sale (but with my current affinity towards miniatures you never know) 8)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:19 pm 

Sometime last summer I ran across a larger lot of AD&D stuff (30 or so) that included the H2-4 in average condition. Mr. Kitty was the high bidder at around $120. I sniped his ass and got the whole lot for around $200.

Now I could care less about the H-series, but it just irrated me that the only reason he was buying that lot was to maintain his turf on Hs. I resold the entire lot individually and made about $150 or so. But the kicker was that Mr. Kitty asked to bid on the Hs (US only aucitons) and I turned him down. Then he bid anyway! I had some fun with that...

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:32 pm 

bbarsh wrote:Sometime last summer I ran across a larger lot of AD&D stuff (30 or so) that included the H2-4 in average condition. Mr. Kitty was the high bidder at around $120. I sniped his ass and got the whole lot for around $200.

Now I could care less about the H-series, but it just irrated me that the only reason he was buying that lot was to maintain his turf on Hs. I resold the entire lot individually and made about $150 or so. But the kicker was that Mr. Kitty asked to bid on the Hs (US only aucitons) and I turned him down. Then he bid anyway! I had some fun with that...

Let me guess, you got THE question. :roll:

The Question:
Q: hi, I am 4124 rated, a Titanium Powerseller & could pay with pay pal (or cash US) I ask as I live in UK, may I bid please? Obviously I would pay shipping charges,(GPM for smaller items or surface (M bag) preferred. Thanks for your time either way, no offence taken or intended Please "reply" to this so I know which auction were on about, thanks Failing that I now have a USA based address you can send item(s) to that will be forwarded to me, would that be better/ok? --Dave

The worst part about it is that I am not even the least bit suprised he bid on the auction anyway. He probably thought that if he bid and won that he would try to bully you with negative feedback threats to try to get you to sell it to him anyway. Thats Cougars trademark move. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 23 of 112123 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 110111112