Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 20 of 100123 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 9899100
Author


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:43 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:It could be all the stuff he "claims" that he never received from Maxwell. Sad part is, I be the least bit suprised if Maxwell never shipped him the stuff, but on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if Cougar was lying about not receiving the stuff either. :roll:

Mind reader...


:P

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5626
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:48 pm 
 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :EOAB:US:6

Now here is a good example of a selling tactic that is deceptive. The BIN's on 7 JG mods were $1. Shipping was $4. When I bought all 7, and asked the seller to combine them (as the auctions stated he would), he said that he ships separately. We went back and forth about it, and he said they were already shipped (this was the 10th). He claimed he meant to remove the combined shipping from the listings, but forgot to. They arrived on the 19th, shipped separately, shipping stamped on the 16th. So lies on top of lack of attention to detail meant a 7 negative hit for the idiot.
It makes no difference to me that the mods are easily worth $5 each. I already have all of them, I merely thought they would be good for trades. If you scroo up as a seller, you are obligated to take the hit. I have done so myself in the past.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:02 pm 
 

Deadlord36 wrote:If you scroo up as a seller, you are obligated to take the hit. I have done so myself in the past.


yeah i agree with that. i have messed up before and put it right.....

you see a fair bit of that dodgy dealing about nowadays....you could prb get ebay to slap him about tho with that, cos if you state it in the auction, you have to bid by what you say "binding contract" an all that...

Al



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5626
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:33 pm 
 

Oh, he's put his foot up his ass over and over in e-mails, claiming multiple accounts, swearing etc.
Maybe it's Maxie.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Verbose Collector

Posts: 1654
Joined: Sep 03, 2003
Last Visit: Apr 11, 2021
Location: Portown

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:17 pm 
 

"So lies on top of lack of attention to detail meant a 7 negative hit for the idiot."

Heh, heh, heh...that's one seller that will never leave postive feedback for a buyer first again...

I have to admit, that many years ago, perhaps in 2000 or 01, I bought two modules from the Eastern Treasure Chest. I believe they were UK2 and X4. He sent them quickly enough, but in a manila envelope with absolutely no protection. Both were nice copies, but were damaged in the mail of course, big ugly indentations on the front. BUT...he left feedback for me immediately after I paid him. So I was in a good position to push for a full refund, including shipping both ways. Of course, he didn't want to do that, and I wasn't about to spend more money on those modules to ship them back to him. Plus his emails were sketchy as hell so I didn't really feel assured I would get my refund back unless I got the money first. Of course he wanted the modules back first. So, I left him two negatives. Shortly after that, he started listing in his auctions that he would not leave feedback for buyers until they left feedback first. So that was my fault. :)

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Apr 18, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:25 pm 
 

zhowar1 wrote:"So lies on top of lack of attention to detail meant a 7 negative hit for the idiot."

Heh, heh, heh...that's one seller that will never leave postive feedback for a buyer first again...

I have to admit, that many years ago, perhaps in 2000 or 01, I bought two modules from the Eastern Treasure Chest. I believe they were UK2 and X4. He sent them quickly enough, but in a manila envelope with absolutely no protection. Both were nice copies, but were damaged in the mail of course, big ugly indentations on the front. BUT...he left feedback for me immediately after I paid him. So I was in a good position to push for a full refund, including shipping both ways. Of course, he didn't want to do that, and I wasn't about to spend more money on those modules to ship them back to him. Plus his emails were sketchy as hell so I didn't really feel assured I would get my refund back unless I got the money first. Of course he wanted the modules back first. So, I left him two negatives. Shortly after that, he started listing in his auctions that he would not leave feedback for buyers until they left feedback first. So that was my fault. :)



Why don't people just take care of items they ship, it would be so nice.  I once won about 10 auxtions from robsfigs in the UK and in the blister.  The idiot sent them in a manilla envelpoe as well and all arrived damaged. For god's sake it was going overseas.  He is a supreme a**hole :evil:


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 165
Joined: May 15, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 14, 2020
Location: Woonsocket, Rhode Island

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:41 pm 
 

Hello all,

Since I sell as well as buy on eBay, my policy is that I ship things out the way that I'd like to receive them from other eBay sellers.

For me, this means that I include a chipboard backer for modules, and put both module and chipboard inside a "magazine bag" (bought from a local comics shop) which is then taped shut.  Priority Mail stuff goes out in a flat rate USPS envelope, and Media Mail goes out in an oversized bubble mailer.  In both cases, the DO NOT BEND stamp gets put to liberal use.

Once, about a year ago, I had a buyer tell me how his mail delivery person/being left his purchase from me out in the soaking rain, and the outer envelope was totally soaked/destroyed.  Luckily the item had been protected by the magazine bag and escaped damage.

Stories like that, convince me that I'm doing the right thing...  :)

Cheers,
John aka Wandering Monster

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7949
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Apr 15, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:34 am 
 

Deadlord36 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :EOAB:US:6

Now here is a good example of a selling tactic that is deceptive. The BIN's on 7 JG mods were $1. Shipping was $4. When I bought all 7, and asked the seller to combine them (as the auctions stated he would), he said that he ships separately. We went back and forth about it, and he said they were already shipped (this was the 10th). He claimed he meant to remove the combined shipping from the listings, but forgot to. They arrived on the 19th, shipped separately, shipping stamped on the 16th. So lies on top of lack of attention to detail meant a 7 negative hit for the idiot.
It makes no difference to me that the mods are easily worth $5 each. I already have all of them, I merely thought they would be good for trades. If you scroo up as a seller, you are obligated to take the hit. I have done so myself in the past.


Why on earth would this numbnuts not combine shipping?  It's not even like he's making that much money shipping them separately, it's only $4, not something like $8 each.  Why would a shipper/seller not make things as easy as possible for a buyer to avoid getting savaged on feedback? This sale makes abosolutely no sense, it wasn't even like you were trying to get him to use an M-Bag or something.

Mike B.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:46 am 
 

Badmike wrote:Why on earth would this numbnuts not combine shipping? It's not even like he's making that much money shipping them separately, it's only $4, not something like $8 each. Why would a shipper/seller not make things as easy as possible for a buyer to avoid getting savaged on feedback? This sale makes abosolutely no sense, it wasn't even like you were trying to get him to use an M-Bag or something.

Mike B.


i would much rather package into one than many....less work and material involved :)

Al



  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 343
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 28, 2017
Location: Turin, Italy

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:25 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
i would much rather package into one than many....less work and material involved :)

Al


IF you don't make a side earning pocketing the shipping fees in passing, that is...  8)


"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

 YIM  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:29 am 
 

rosenkav wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:
i would much rather package into one than many....less work and material involved :)

Al


IF you don't make a side earning pocketing the shipping fees in passing, that is... 8)


well i add a small amount on the whole, so a combined charge is still in effect, other than per individual item etc....



  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 343
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 28, 2017
Location: Turin, Italy

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:37 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:well i add a small amount on the whole, so a combined charge is still in effect, other than per individual item etc....


Yes, but ONE small amount -

FOURTEEN small amounts combine into a huge amount  :)


"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

 YIM  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:33 am 
 

rosenkav wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:well i add a small amount on the whole, so a combined charge is still in effect, other than per individual item etc....


Yes, but ONE small amount -

FOURTEEN small amounts combine into a huge amount :)


i agree  :D



  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:21 pm 
 

How about the shipping and handling fees for these feckin morons:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 85944&rd=1

Christ, they make Tight/Ass/games & Tony/ass/wap/shop look like Mother Teresa of S&H fees. 8O  8O


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:38 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:How about the shipping and handling fees for these feckin morons:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 85944&rd=1

Christ, they make Tight/Ass/games & Tony/ass/wap/shop look like Mother Teresa of S&H fees. 8O 8O

+ "CANADIAN RESIDENTS & INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS:  THE ABOVE FLAT SHIPPING & HANDLING FEES WILL BE APPLIED PLUS THE GOING INTERNATIONAL RATE." :P

Unfortunately, can beat that $9 basic rate for a single manual without too much difficulty, over here. :(
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5199786734

(UK postage & packing charges vary wildly, although those people from present company I've done business with all charge good rates! :))

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:42 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote: Unfortunately, can beat that $9 basic rate for a single manual without too much difficulty, over here. :(
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5199786734

(UK postage & packing charges vary wildly, although those people from present company I've done business with all charge good rates! :))


One thing that both share in common too is the heavy bidding action on their auctions. :wink:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:49 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:One thing that both share in common too is the heavy bidding action on their auctions. :wink:

*nods*. :)

Oops, my bad... didn't spot that was two books, though! :roll:

Here we go; £4.95 p&p for one book...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5198118996
(ditto, zero bids! *g*)

==

p.s. *yay*. Just noticed that DMG is back! :P
Long time no see...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5200076957

  


Collector

Posts: 2
Joined: Mar 31, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 31, 2005

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:32 am 
 

I too happen to be on cougies mailing list even though he gave me retalitory feedback.   here is a funny email he just sent out, seems even people in real life find him a complete arse.  :P
What a tosser......


hi all,
nothing for sale or advertising this time, but an explanation as to what's been happening and why your post is delayed from me recently.    Its not that I have moved, (10,000 D&D stock items, 9,000 VHS videos & all usual house, home & business moving items),  redecorated a 5 bedroom house,  built every self assembly beds, shelf's, tables, chairs, cupboards, cabinets in fact everything in the place, or that one room & a garage is still full of unopened boxes from the move.   |Its not even that I have had to totally redecorate the old house to rent it out & have nearly finished third coat of paint all over,  OR that I have been doing a 06;30 till 12 ish day 7 days a week staying awake for one night a week for the last 4 months,  all this I can cope with its this;......

   3 years ago I had a run in with a post mistress so just never went to that PO again.  Basically she was rude 3 out of 3 times I went in there, I made complaint but never heard back.     Sending out 200+ parcels a week and the fact that the said post office is nearly at the end of my new house / road I had to go back in there.    She was still there and refused to take my parcels, fancy that a post office that don't accept parcels.  she said that I had too many and she was not prepared to tie up her staff serving me.  As you can imagine I once again complained.  she had her telling off / caution and so I went back to once again do my parcels (I have been taking them over a mile to the next PO in the mean time)    today she actually threatened to punch me between the eyes, and laughed at the complaint,  and the seriousness of the previous problems, so as you can imagine I have escalated    the complaint to the highest possible level, I will be taking this all the way to the top, i am already busy but cannot allow this to happen.  i will have to take all parcels to the further away PO for the mean time and thank you for understanding that there may be slight delays while this is sorted out.

--dave

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4748
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 18, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:51 am 
 

deebo wrote:She was still there and refused to take my parcels, fancy that a post office that don't accept parcels. she said that I had too many and she was not prepared to tie up her staff serving me. As you can imagine I once again complained. she had her telling off / caution and so I went back to once again do my parcels (I have been taking them over a mile to the next PO in the mean time)  today she actually threatened to punch me between the eyes


And I complain about the U.S. mail service.  8O   This would be an entertaining newspaper headline:  "Mail service employee assaults blithering idiot".

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 343
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 28, 2017
Location: Turin, Italy

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:02 am 
 

KingOfPain wrote:
And I complain about the U.S. mail service. 8O  This would be an entertaining newspaper headline: "Mail service employee assaults blithering idiot".


How about sending the lady a decoration?

That is she threatened to do something lots of ebayers would like to do.

Oh, let me see... maybe she's one of the people ripped off by the unsavoury business practices of our feline friend....

:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:


"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

 YIM  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 20 of 100123 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 9899100