Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 22 of 112123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 110111112
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:29 am 

Hi jaz,

I've also been invited for private auctions when I requested his stocklist about 1 or 2 weeks ago. Just wanted to check out what he had lying around. Still the prices shock me (he didn't even have the Planescape Sketchbook :x GRRRRR)

Just checked the stocklist and the orange copy is still there :) So, interested? :P

I just wondering where he get's all this new and mostly shrinkwrapped stuff from. It was quiet about 2 weeks ago and then he started posting about 300+ items, now for the 2nd week. If anybody has a clue (or conspiracy therie) I'd love to hear :D)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:41 am 

fluffmaister wrote:Hi jaz,

I've also been invited for private auctions when I requested his stocklist about 1 or 2 weeks ago. Just wanted to check out what he had lying around. Still the prices shock me (he didn't even have the Planescape Sketchbook :x GRRRRR)

Just checked the stocklist and the orange copy is still there :) So, interested? :P

I just wondering where he get's all this new and mostly shrinkwrapped stuff from. It was quiet about 2 weeks ago and then he started posting about 300+ items, now for the 2nd week. If anybody has a clue (or conspiracy therie) I'd love to hear :D)

It could be all the stuff he "claims" that he never received from Maxwell. Sad part is, I be the least bit suprised if Maxwell never shipped him the stuff, but on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if Cougar was lying about not receiving the stuff either. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:43 am 

bclarkie wrote:It could be all the stuff he "claims" that he never received from Maxwell. Sad part is, I be the least bit suprised if Maxwell never shipped him the stuff, but on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if Cougar was lying about not receiving the stuff either. :roll:

Mind reader...

:P

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:48 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :EOAB:US:6

Now here is a good example of a selling tactic that is deceptive. The BIN's on 7 JG mods were $1. Shipping was $4. When I bought all 7, and asked the seller to combine them (as the auctions stated he would), he said that he ships separately. We went back and forth about it, and he said they were already shipped (this was the 10th). He claimed he meant to remove the combined shipping from the listings, but forgot to. They arrived on the 19th, shipped separately, shipping stamped on the 16th. So lies on top of lack of attention to detail meant a 7 negative hit for the idiot.
It makes no difference to me that the mods are easily worth $5 each. I already have all of them, I merely thought they would be good for trades. If you scroo up as a seller, you are obligated to take the hit. I have done so myself in the past.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:02 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:If you scroo up as a seller, you are obligated to take the hit. I have done so myself in the past.

yeah i agree with that. i have messed up before and put it right.....

you see a fair bit of that dodgy dealing about nowadays....you could prb get ebay to slap him about tho with that, cos if you state it in the auction, you have to bid by what you say "binding contract" an all that...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:33 pm 

Oh, he's put his foot up his ass over and over in e-mails, claiming multiple accounts, swearing etc.
Maybe it's Maxie.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:17 pm 

"So lies on top of lack of attention to detail meant a 7 negative hit for the idiot."

Heh, heh, heh...that's one seller that will never leave postive feedback for a buyer first again...

I have to admit, that many years ago, perhaps in 2000 or 01, I bought two modules from the Eastern Treasure Chest. I believe they were UK2 and X4. He sent them quickly enough, but in a manila envelope with absolutely no protection. Both were nice copies, but were damaged in the mail of course, big ugly indentations on the front. BUT...he left feedback for me immediately after I paid him. So I was in a good position to push for a full refund, including shipping both ways. Of course, he didn't want to do that, and I wasn't about to spend more money on those modules to ship them back to him. Plus his emails were sketchy as hell so I didn't really feel assured I would get my refund back unless I got the money first. Of course he wanted the modules back first. So, I left him two negatives. Shortly after that, he started listing in his auctions that he would not leave feedback for buyers until they left feedback first. So that was my fault. :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:25 pm 

zhowar1 wrote:"So lies on top of lack of attention to detail meant a 7 negative hit for the idiot."

Heh, heh, heh...that's one seller that will never leave postive feedback for a buyer first again...

I have to admit, that many years ago, perhaps in 2000 or 01, I bought two modules from the Eastern Treasure Chest. I believe they were UK2 and X4. He sent them quickly enough, but in a manila envelope with absolutely no protection. Both were nice copies, but were damaged in the mail of course, big ugly indentations on the front. BUT...he left feedback for me immediately after I paid him. So I was in a good position to push for a full refund, including shipping both ways. Of course, he didn't want to do that, and I wasn't about to spend more money on those modules to ship them back to him. Plus his emails were sketchy as hell so I didn't really feel assured I would get my refund back unless I got the money first. Of course he wanted the modules back first. So, I left him two negatives. Shortly after that, he started listing in his auctions that he would not leave feedback for buyers until they left feedback first. So that was my fault. :)

Why don't people just take care of items they ship, it would be so nice.  I once won about 10 auxtions from robsfigs in the UK and in the blister.  The idiot sent them in a manilla envelpoe as well and all arrived damaged. For god's sake it was going overseas.  He is a supreme a**hole :evil:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:41 pm 

Hello all,

Since I sell as well as buy on eBay, my policy is that I ship things out the way that I'd like to receive them from other eBay sellers.

For me, this means that I include a chipboard backer for modules, and put both module and chipboard inside a "magazine bag" (bought from a local comics shop) which is then taped shut.  Priority Mail stuff goes out in a flat rate USPS envelope, and Media Mail goes out in an oversized bubble mailer.  In both cases, the DO NOT BEND stamp gets put to liberal use.

Once, about a year ago, I had a buyer tell me how his mail delivery person/being left his purchase from me out in the soaking rain, and the outer envelope was totally soaked/destroyed.  Luckily the item had been protected by the magazine bag and escaped damage.

Stories like that, convince me that I'm doing the right thing...  :)

Cheers,
John aka Wandering Monster

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:34 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :EOAB:US:6

Now here is a good example of a selling tactic that is deceptive. The BIN's on 7 JG mods were $1. Shipping was $4. When I bought all 7, and asked the seller to combine them (as the auctions stated he would), he said that he ships separately. We went back and forth about it, and he said they were already shipped (this was the 10th). He claimed he meant to remove the combined shipping from the listings, but forgot to. They arrived on the 19th, shipped separately, shipping stamped on the 16th. So lies on top of lack of attention to detail meant a 7 negative hit for the idiot.
It makes no difference to me that the mods are easily worth $5 each. I already have all of them, I merely thought they would be good for trades. If you scroo up as a seller, you are obligated to take the hit. I have done so myself in the past.

Why on earth would this numbnuts not combine shipping?  It's not even like he's making that much money shipping them separately, it's only $4, not something like $8 each.  Why would a shipper/seller not make things as easy as possible for a buyer to avoid getting savaged on feedback? This sale makes abosolutely no sense, it wasn't even like you were trying to get him to use an M-Bag or something.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:46 am 

Badmike wrote:Why on earth would this numbnuts not combine shipping? It's not even like he's making that much money shipping them separately, it's only $4, not something like $8 each. Why would a shipper/seller not make things as easy as possible for a buyer to avoid getting savaged on feedback? This sale makes abosolutely no sense, it wasn't even like you were trying to get him to use an M-Bag or something.

Mike B.

i would much rather package into one than many....less work and material involved :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:25 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
i would much rather package into one than many....less work and material involved :)

Al

IF you don't make a side earning pocketing the shipping fees in passing, that is...  8)

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:29 am 

rosenkav wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:

Al

IF you don't make a side earning pocketing the shipping fees in passing, that is... 8)

well i add a small amount on the whole, so a combined charge is still in effect, other than per individual item etc....

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:37 am 

killjoy32 wrote:well i add a small amount on the whole, so a combined charge is still in effect, other than per individual item etc....

Yes, but ONE small amount -

FOURTEEN small amounts combine into a huge amount  :)

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:33 am 

rosenkav wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:well i add a small amount on the whole, so a combined charge is still in effect, other than per individual item etc....

Yes, but ONE small amount -

FOURTEEN small amounts combine into a huge amount :)

i agree  :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:21 pm 

How about the shipping and handling fees for these feckin morons:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 85944&rd=1

Christ, they make Tight/Ass/games & Tony/ass/wap/shop look like Mother Teresa of S&H fees. 8O  8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:38 pm 

bclarkie wrote:How about the shipping and handling fees for these feckin morons:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 85944&rd=1

Christ, they make Tight/Ass/games & Tony/ass/wap/shop look like Mother Teresa of S&H fees. 8O 8O

+ "CANADIAN RESIDENTS & INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS:  THE ABOVE FLAT SHIPPING & HANDLING FEES WILL BE APPLIED PLUS THE GOING INTERNATIONAL RATE." :P

Unfortunately, can beat that $9 basic rate for a single manual without too much difficulty, over here. :(
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5199786734

(UK postage & packing charges vary wildly, although those people from present company I've done business with all charge good rates! :))

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:42 pm 

harami2000 wrote: Unfortunately, can beat that $9 basic rate for a single manual without too much difficulty, over here. :(
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5199786734

(UK postage & packing charges vary wildly, although those people from present company I've done business with all charge good rates! :))

One thing that both share in common too is the heavy bidding action on their auctions. :wink:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 22 of 112123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 110111112