Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 21 of 112123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:56 am 

i have dealt with tonya quite a few times too, but won't do so anymore. surface shipping to the UK with a lot of items (which i normally get) can be like twice as much as the items cost, so totally cost ineffective, and thats without the handling fees. a mate of mine has just recently been stiffed over good-time by her on handling over a massive lot. it is a totally ludicrous system that she has. i dont ever begrudge someone adding a little handling over a lot of stuff, but what she charges is just pure criminal man!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:57 am 

McDuff wrote:If we are griping about over charging for shipping, has Sci-Fi-City been mentioned yet? A flat $10 per package??? Not sure if they combine, I just see the name and keep on browsing...

With Sci-fi City they do combine shipping  ($2.00 for each individual item) and the $10.00 they quote is for larger items as well as singles.  So... If you can work it out to get several larger sets or things from them the shipping rate is really not that bad, though I would never buy an individual book from them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:54 pm 

Check out this sh*t. I was just browsing around on EBay tonight and I decided to look at our long gone friend Maxwell. When I looked at Maxwell's feedback, I almost fell out of my chair. Look at maxwell's feedback and the most recent posting:
eBay Feedback Profile for brucem253

I guess Maxwell F*cked over Cougar as well, and he did it for at least $450.00. 8O 8O 8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:00 pm 

That's one of the ugliest f*cking tables I've ever seen.  My god.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:14 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:That's one of the ugliest f*cking tables I've ever seen. My god.

a mate of mine won a load of stuff off maxwell too - he actually got them, but all the box sets were apparently crushed - including a planescape hellbound: the blood war, shrinkwrapped box set :(

thankfully, the SW modules were fine as were the more rare items and the damage generally wasnt too bad, except for the above item.

the guy really does need sorting out. i know if it was me, i would have already been on a flight over there.

amazes me how the guy gets away with it. knowing coug tho, he won't bother with ebay or paypal - he will go straight to his credit card and he will get his money back i have no doubt.

what a shit.i knew it was gonna happen tho.

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:04 am 

bclarkie wrote:Check out this sh*t. I was just browsing around on EBay tonight and I decided to look at our long gone friend Maxwell. When I looked at Maxwell's feedback, I almost fell out of my chair. Look at maxwell's feedback and the most recent posting:
eBay Feedback Profile for brucem253

I guess Maxwell F*cked over Cougar as well, and he did it for at least $450.00. 8O 8O 8O

Jeez, guys like Max and jonb make Cougar look like a frickin' paladin.  (Maybe we should be using that to our advantage when dealing with some of these shadier types.  He is a Titanium PowerSeller, after all.  :wink: )

YIM  

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:07 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I guess Maxwell F*cked over Cougar as well, and he did it for at least $450.00. 8O 8O 8O

Oh, man — too funny. Two of the biggest idiots in the history of eBay run into each other and the result is a complete train-wreck. :P

Cougar might be a pathetic little man with penis-envy issues, but Maxwell ... well, Maxie's just a complete joke. In an environment where positive feedback is traded with complete abandon, he's got an 85-percent positive/negative ratio. Total loser.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:06 pm 

Is somebody getting shilled here, or what? :? 8O

Granted, there's some good stuff in there, but look at the (0) feedback bidder's bids...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:26 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Is somebody getting shilled here, or what? :? 8O

Granted, there's some good stuff in there, but look at the (0) feedback bidder's bids...

BIG SHILL!!!!!

Greedy Shill too. :roll: He had already maxed out Sotteraneo's high bid and decided to one up him hoping to draw him even higher. :evil: :evil: :evil: Both seller and bidder are from Massachusetts:
eBay listings

And good ole BillyG1966 has only bid so far on 1 auction:
Welcome to eBay

Avoid!!!
*<sends PM>*
*<sends email to Ebay>*

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:14 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Greedy Shill too. :roll: He had already maxed out Sotteraneo's high bid and decided to one up him hoping to draw him even higher. :evil: :evil: :evil:

No joke. Looks at least 95% likely that.

Sotteraneo had committed the sin of having two "highest bids" outstanding which is asking to be kicked in the teeth by anyone so inclined.
(Never, ever, do that despite eBay encouraging bidders to do so. :evil:)

And even then, the zero-rated "bidder" wasn't "happy" just to settle in behind the higher of his two bids.  *grr*

Good spot & pre-emptive action, Stephen, Brian.

Such a pity with a very nice collection, if that's the shill it appears to be. :( :(

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:15 pm 

*looks again*

woo... vanished & "no longer registered"...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:39 pm 

Damned shame, but it did seem weird that the guy was piling more and more stuff on, and then the shill popped up.  Too bad, too bad... :evil:

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:50 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:... it did seem weird that the guy was piling more and more stuff on ...

I wasn't too wild about the "money order only" policy, either. Knowing what we know now, the guy might as well have been saying "why don't you just send me all of your available cash?" What a loser.

Good spot and good follow-through, guys! 8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:40 pm 

Greetings all,

Should I assume that the "Cougar" continually referred to here is a certain eBay dealer based in the UK?

If so, I'd like to relate a bad experience I had with this person...

About two years ago, he bought a beat-up copy of C3 The Lost Island of Castanamir from me, paid up, no prob.  I mailed out the module to him, then he claims that it never arrived.  Because he is in the UK, I had to go through all sorts of paperwork to try to track down this module. (After almost six months, I got a reply from the UK post office that it couldn't be found, terribly sorry, etc.)

This eBay buyer, in the meanwhile, demanded a refund because the item never arrived.  I stood my ground, because as far as I was concerned, I had shipped out the item in good faith, and I'm always careful about warning my foreign customers about potential shipping problems. A lot of pouting and foot-stomping ensued, and when I supplied him with all relevant info and told him that it would be much easier for him to track down the item in HIS country, I was told flat-out that he would not do this because *I* had shipped it and *I* was responsible for the safe delivery of the item to him.  That's what I started smelling a rat.  I never refunded the money, and no feedback was left by either party.  I then proceeded to block this buyer from ever bidding on my auctions again.

Has anyone else ever had a similar "tale of woe" from this individual after he's been the high bidder in an auction of theirs?  If so, I'd be extremely interested to know.

Cheers,
John aka Wandering Monster

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:05 pm 

Wandering Monster wrote:A lot of pouting and foot-stomping ensued ...

Yep, that's the feline in question — no doubt about it. :)

For some entertaining reading, use the search function on these forums and type in "Cougar" for the keyword. You'll then be directed to numerous Cougie stories under thread titles that contain words like "annoying," "shady," "idiot," "chowderhead," and "should be shot."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:09 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote: Yep, that's the feline in question — no doubt about it. :)

*<digs up old picture>*

Xaxaxe wrote: For some entertaining reading, use the search function on these forums and type in "Cougar" for the keyword. You'll then be directed to numerous Cougie stories under thread titles that contain words like "annoying," "shady," "idiot," "chowderhead," and "should be shot."

My personal favorite is Draco's "God couger is a retard and should be kicked off ebay....." :lol:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:05 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Greedy Shill too. :roll: He had already maxed out Sotteraneo's high bid and decided to one up him hoping to draw him even higher. :evil: :evil: :evil: Both seller and bidder are from Massachusetts:
eBay listings

Thanks guys!  :D

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:10 am 

Am I the only one here who got invited to his private photocopy auctions back in February ?? (just been checking a rarely used e-mail account - some sucker paid £48 for a photocopy of ST1).

Also am I the only one here who has a copy of his private buy list which includes:
<quote>
9044        B3;                1-3        Palace of  Silver Princess                        £25        orange COPY
</quote>

Also, am I the only person who has had negative feedback from cougar REMOVED by ebay for breaking their terms and being classed as abuse ... kinda makes his policy of 'buyer leaves feedback first' a bit suspect when as a titanium rated seller HE abuses the system!

Ah, well, at least I know I'm not the only person who is on his blocked bidders list ... a clucb I'm proud to be part of

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 21 of 112123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 110111112