Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 17 of 112123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:34 am 

Why did you not report his ass for theft?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:54 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Why did you not report his ass for theft?

I sent an email to Ebay right before the auction ended, in which to this point I have only received an automated repsonse, but nothing further. :evil: I will have to send another one later on this afternoon after work, as my work computer doesn't allow me to get on Ebay

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:28 am 

I don't know this is shady or if its just a seller mistake, but this picture in this auction does not match up with what its contents are listed as:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... Track=true

I already asked the seller, but we shall see how he responds. Invincible, you may want to wait until I get an answer before you get crazy on your bid

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:01 am 

bclarkie wrote:I don't know this is shady or if its just a seller mistake, but this picture in this auction does not match up with what its contents are listed as:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... Track=true

I already asked the seller, but we shall see how he responds. Invincible, you may want to wait until I get an answer before you get crazy on your bid

Follow up on this: It appears to be the seller used a stock photo, and doesn't realize the price differential of the different printings, but it does appear to be an honest mistake. Here is my original question with his answer and my follow up:
Thanks for the clarification.  The reason I ask is becasue there are actually several prinitngs of the box set that you are selling.  With the different printings the contents of the box was changed up.  You actually have listed a picture of a 1st or 2nd print box set and the contents that you have listed for indicate that it is at least a 4th printing or later.  You may want to make a note in your auction that the picture that you have listed is simply a stock photo, because 1st/2nd print sets are considerably more valuable. For backup reference, please see The Acaeum.

Thanks for your time,
Brian
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 11:51 PM
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] Response to your question for item #5186510278 - Dungeons and Dragons Basic set 1970's NEVER OPENED !!!!

Question about your item  

Marketplace Safety Tip  

If this email is an offer to directly sell you an item without bidding on and winning the item on eBay, please report it to us immediately and do not respond. An offer to sell an item directly to another eBay member through email violates eBay rules. It is also extremely unsafe to purchase an item through this email system regardless of the seller's claims or feedback, as you lose the benefit of eBay's purchase protection programs and risk losing your money.  

Dear bclarkie,

You asked:
"Dear Seller, I was wondering about this item that you have listed the picture that have posted does not seem to match what you have listed for the contents. Is the picture you have listed in this auction a stock photo, or is it a scan of the item itself. The reason I ask this is because you have listed a B1 module listed in this box set, but the picture that you have listed would not have that module in it as as it was not until later printings of this set that this module was included."

it is a stock photo i do have some pictures i can send you of the box, i did not post on auction as i tried to get a picture of back of box and it came out blurry. but the front of box looks exactly how i have posted. and on box it does show coming with B1 module. i am not sure what year this is but from research i would say 1978-1980 approx.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:24 am 

:cry:

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:28 am 

um only took what 5.5 years and he will be back under a new name in a week with a better feedback rating to ruin ;)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:37 am 

draco76 wrote:

um only took what 5.5 years and he will be back under a new name in a week with a better feedback rating to ruin ;)

Yeah...I know...but it felt good.  I was using almost all of my Ebay emails each day (I would wait until about 2300) and email recent negatives.  I asked them all to report the company.  What a freaking joke!!!  Hmmm...I wonder if he has family in Virginia?? :roll:  8O

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:32 pm 

Wow. I started writing this post in "Interesting Items" -- then "Laughable Items" -- now it seems I'll need to post it here, having just seen this guy's feedback rating... 8O

Sometimes there's just no explaining something to a seller:
cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... otohosting
The Seller wrote:The picture there is the picture on the box

Swing and a miss. If you look at the picture, you can clearly tell it's a first print photo (I believe it's the Acaeum 1st print photo), whereas the seller describes it as having 1001 on the box and a wizard logo.  :roll:

Now, this could be yet another newbie seller, but who knows.
I'm also getting some wicked deja vu here, this look familiar (see bclarkie's post, above)?

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:39 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Wow. I started writing this post in "Interesting Items" -- then "Laughable Items" -- now it seems I'll need to post it here, having just seen this guy's feedback rating... 8O

The Seller wrote:The picture there is the picture on the box

Swing and a miss. If you look at the picture, you can clearly tell it's a first print photo (I believe it's the Acaeum 1st print photo), whereas the seller describes it as having 1001 on the box and a wizard logo. :roll:

I'm also getting some wicked deja vu here, this look familiar (see bclarkie's post, above)?

Once again, just like the other seller, it is also described as having B1 in it which means at best its a 4th printing. :roll:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:50 pm 

Not quite a 'Shady Dealer' but catch the keyword/phrases in this one..
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 5187393426

..not sure but I think he may have missed one or two. :wink:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:07 am 

AdderMcOne wrote:Not quite a 'Shady Dealer' but catch the keyword/phrases in this one..
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 5187393426

..not sure but I think he may have missed one or two. :wink:

I think I did the same thing once or twice in the beginning!!

Not anymore though after having some auctions pulled

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:23 am 

Thats a copy of the other auction almost verbatum, picture and all.  Who knows if youll even get anything from this guy.

bclarkie wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:Wow. I started writing this post in "Interesting Items" -- then "Laughable Items" -- now it seems I'll need to post it here, having just seen this guy's feedback rating... 8O

Swing and a miss. If you look at the picture, you can clearly tell it's a first print photo (I believe it's the Acaeum 1st print photo), whereas the seller describes it as having 1001 on the box and a wizard logo. :roll:

Once again, just like the other seller, it is also described as having B1 in it which means at best its a 4th printing. :roll:

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:44 pm 

Has anyone noticed that the seller keepontheborderlands, who ostensibly was selling his Warriors of Mars due to money issues, is now buying up D&D items? It still amazes me how dense some people can be. They truly think that just because no one can see them face-to-face that their motives and lies can't be figured out. Shit, if anything it is EASIER to debunk someone online. There are thousands of people watching every move.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:01 pm 

Badmike wrote:
draco76 wrote:
damn he has sold that lot 3 times now lol

This is starting to get pretty damn funny.....

Mike B.

This gets more ridiculous by the minute. This guy left me positve feedback today for the most recent auction that I won, but I never paid for it(unless of course you consider the first time I paid).

feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View ... amp;de=off

I have a sneaking suspicion this is probably a delay tactic so that folks dont realize that they are getting ripped off. :evil: Worst part is, he never even responded to my follow up email in regards to the invoice he sent him, saying he stole from me. :roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:15 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Badmike wrote:

This is starting to get pretty damn funny.....

Mike B.

This gets more ridiculous by the minute. This guy left me positve feedback today for the most recent auction that I won, but I never paid for it(unless of course you consider the first time I paid).

I have a sneaking suspicion this is probably a delay tactic so that folks dont realize that they are getting ripped off. :evil: Worst part is, he never even responded to my follow up email in regards to the invoice he sent him, saying he stole from me. :roll:
It could also be that he left feedback in the hope that you would reciprocate in a positive manner without realizing you had not received the item as of yet  :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:00 am 

bclarkie wrote:This gets more ridiculous by the minute. This guy left me positve feedback today for the most recent auction that I won, but I never paid for it(unless of course you consider the first time I paid).

And what are eBay saying about all this? I suppose they gave you the usual line about them not giving a f@ck because they've already got their cut?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:32 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:This gets more ridiculous by the minute. This guy left me positve feedback today for the most recent auction that I won, but I never paid for it(unless of course you consider the first time I paid).

And what are eBay saying about all this? I suppose they gave you the usual line about them not giving a f@ck because they've already got their cut?

So far, all that I have gotten is their BS form letter from them saying that they are examining this matter and will take approproate action depending on their investigation...blah....blah....blah............... :roll:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:13 am 

Well, well, look what keepontheborderlands sent:

Hey, Im back up. Thanks for writting Ebay. I bought from someone who bought from me. Boy, glad I got that cleared up, 'wew' :) found your hidding place on acaeum. found what you have been saying. wow, i cant stop laughing at you and killjoy32 and harami2000 and bclarkie. you know what, I didnt know your life was that bad. Im really sorry :( all is forgiven :) and tell killjoy32 ill try not to outbid him on auctions. I now know how much it means to him. have a good one :)

What a noob..........

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 17 of 112123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 110111112