Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 17 of 112123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:04 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
jkason wrote:Umm...
I don't get the joke.
Did this person burn you before?

If you look at the seller's ID, you will see that the seller just changed their eBay name, and eBay has their previous ID listed as the previous seller. The DH didn't even have the good sence to scrap his account and start a new one.

i think these type of ppl get away far too lightly. its actually a criminal offence, and should be treated that way imo :)

well done once again to bclarkie! we should all call him the lone ranger from now on. we can all be mini-tonto's :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:13 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:
If you look at the seller's ID, you will see that the seller just changed their eBay name, and eBay has their previous ID listed as the previous seller. The DH didn't even have the good sence to scrap his account and start a new one.

i think these type of ppl get away far too lightly. its actually a criminal offence, and should be treated that way imo :)

well done once again to bclarkie! we should all call him the lone ranger from now on. we can all be mini-tonto's :)

Hey, I try,  but this one was all John's idea. I just acted on his excellent suggestion. :D  Needless to say, still no invoice yet. :roll:  :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:16 am 

well he IS selling stolen goods really so a nice interesting situation imo :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:57 am 

bclarkie wrote:Hey, I try, but this one was all John's idea. I just acted on his excellent suggestion. :D Needless to say, still no invoice yet. :roll: :twisted:

Thanks. You'll probably end up getting negged. But I'm sure it will be worth it.

Have you sent details of both auctions to eBay and PayPal?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:11 am 

johnhuck wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Hey, I try, but this one was all John's idea. I just acted on his excellent suggestion. :D Needless to say, still no invoice yet. :roll: :twisted:

Thanks. You'll probably end up getting negged. But I'm sure it will be worth it.

Have you sent details of both auctions to eBay and PayPal?

Yes on both counts. I emailed Ebay yesterday about 6 hours before the auction ended and got a form response initially about 4 hours later. As far as getting negged, I knew that was going to be a probable outcome, but it is definitely a outcome that I am willing to live with. If my feedback score was 100%, I may have decided against it, but that 100% was gone long ago, due in full to a not so intelligent seller who negged me on a transaction that I had already paid for immediately and had received the item in the mail.:evil: So with that, I decided to take my fate into my own hands. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:15 pm 

I am going to steal his keyword listing.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:09 pm 

I think it was the key word listing that was for sale in that auction.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:01 pm 

bclarkie wrote:This guy isn't shady at all. He is just an outright thief. :evil: :evil: :evil: Look at this auction:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

It just happens to be the same auction that I won 2 1/2 months ago here:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5949147327

Needless to say I paid by paypal and paypal did a charge back, but I only got $63.00 of my $88.00 back. The worst part of it is that I inadvertantly left a positive feedback for him in error. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Now this MF'er is "selling" the same stuff again, of course after he changed his EBay ID and set up a new Paypal account under a different email address. I informed Ebay, but I wonder if they will do anything to get the rest of my money back. Just though I would put out an FYI in case anyone was planning on bidding on this auction. I am half tempted to even email cougar. 8O

Well, here is an update. This dumb ass, just emailed me an invoice toiday. 8O Here it is along with my response. :twisted:
Ummm well Chad, I don't know. The last time I paid $15.00 for shipping for this same auction with the same items this past January, they never showed up. Funny thing is as I recall you stole my money back then, and I was only able to recover $63.00 of the $88.00 that I paid that time. So I don't know, what do you think I should do.
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 6:32 PM
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] Your invoice for eBay purchases - item #5183268283, AD&D FORGOTTEN REALMS Box Sets Books Modules Rare

Here's the invoice for your item, bclarkie!

Dear bclarkie. Thank you for your purchase. The total for your item below is US $128.50.

Click Pay Now to confirm shipping, get total price, and arrange payment through: PayPal.

Item # Item Title Qty.  Price  
5183268283 AD&D FORGOTTEN REALMS Box Sets Books Modules Rare 1  US $113.50  

Subtotal:  US $113.50  
Shipping and handling via Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service:
US $15.00  
Total:  US $128.50

Hello Brian - I'm sure that $15 would cover it to the UK - is that ok? Thanks! Paypal only please - email addie is [email protected]. Thanks!

Please email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

I offer the following shipping options:
Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service: US $15.00

Thank you again for your purchase.

swdm4ever

=============================================
He also just got negged by the other person he stole from at the same time back in January. UNREAL :evil:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:04 pm 

aside from anything else...
bclarkie wrote:
clueless wrote:Hello Brian - I'm sure that $15 would cover it to the UK - is that ok?

:?: :?:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:14 pm 

harami2000 wrote:aside from anything else...
bclarkie wrote:

:?: :?:

Yeah, the only thing worse than a thief, is a really dumb thief. :roll: And don't ask where he got the UK form, considering the EBay invoice clearly states Pittsburgh, Pa. USA. :? He is supposedly from Chicago, maybe Draco can make a pick up delivery for me. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:36 pm 

Badmike wrote:
bclarkie wrote:OOPS, Look at what I just won. :twisted:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Too funny. I'd love to see the expression on his face if he remembers your name. Just don't leave feedback too early. Oh hell, why not, kick his ass back to zero :twisted:

Mike B.

damn he has sold that lot 3 times now lol

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:10 am 

draco76 wrote:
Badmike wrote:
Too funny. I'd love to see the expression on his face if he remembers your name. Just don't leave feedback too early. Oh hell, why not, kick his ass back to zero :twisted:

Mike B.

damn he has sold that lot 3 times now lol

This is starting to get pretty damn funny.....

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:34 am 

Why did you not report his ass for theft?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:54 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Why did you not report his ass for theft?

I sent an email to Ebay right before the auction ended, in which to this point I have only received an automated repsonse, but nothing further. :evil: I will have to send another one later on this afternoon after work, as my work computer doesn't allow me to get on Ebay

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:28 am 

I don't know this is shady or if its just a seller mistake, but this picture in this auction does not match up with what its contents are listed as:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... Track=true

I already asked the seller, but we shall see how he responds. Invincible, you may want to wait until I get an answer before you get crazy on your bid

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:01 am 

bclarkie wrote:I don't know this is shady or if its just a seller mistake, but this picture in this auction does not match up with what its contents are listed as:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... Track=true

I already asked the seller, but we shall see how he responds. Invincible, you may want to wait until I get an answer before you get crazy on your bid

Follow up on this: It appears to be the seller used a stock photo, and doesn't realize the price differential of the different printings, but it does appear to be an honest mistake. Here is my original question with his answer and my follow up:
Thanks for the clarification.  The reason I ask is becasue there are actually several prinitngs of the box set that you are selling.  With the different printings the contents of the box was changed up.  You actually have listed a picture of a 1st or 2nd print box set and the contents that you have listed for indicate that it is at least a 4th printing or later.  You may want to make a note in your auction that the picture that you have listed is simply a stock photo, because 1st/2nd print sets are considerably more valuable. For backup reference, please see The Acaeum.

Thanks for your time,
Brian
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 11:51 PM
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] Response to your question for item #5186510278 - Dungeons and Dragons Basic set 1970's NEVER OPENED !!!!

Question about your item  

Marketplace Safety Tip  

If this email is an offer to directly sell you an item without bidding on and winning the item on eBay, please report it to us immediately and do not respond. An offer to sell an item directly to another eBay member through email violates eBay rules. It is also extremely unsafe to purchase an item through this email system regardless of the seller's claims or feedback, as you lose the benefit of eBay's purchase protection programs and risk losing your money.  

Dear bclarkie,

You asked:
"Dear Seller, I was wondering about this item that you have listed the picture that have posted does not seem to match what you have listed for the contents. Is the picture you have listed in this auction a stock photo, or is it a scan of the item itself. The reason I ask this is because you have listed a B1 module listed in this box set, but the picture that you have listed would not have that module in it as as it was not until later printings of this set that this module was included."

it is a stock photo i do have some pictures i can send you of the box, i did not post on auction as i tried to get a picture of back of box and it came out blurry. but the front of box looks exactly how i have posted. and on box it does show coming with B1 module. i am not sure what year this is but from research i would say 1978-1980 approx.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:24 am 

:cry:

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:28 am 

um only took what 5.5 years and he will be back under a new name in a week with a better feedback rating to ruin ;)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 17 of 112123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 110111112