Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 16 of 112123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:32 pm 

OOPS, Look at what I just won. :twisted:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:57 pm 

Aneoth wrote:Check out all the keywords and phrases that the seller used in the little history of Games monologue. Which BTW is so long as to be too boring to read through....

A must for strategy & role playing game fans, whether you play science fiction, fantasy or war games! Wonderful fun for family and friends! This is a great item for the game fan in your life, or something completely new to share with family and friends, instead of the same old Monopoly by Milton Bradley, Clue by Parker Brothers, or Scrabble game, where the same person wins every time! Don't let this wonderful item slip away!

A Little History: Originally based in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin the company known as TSR (Tactical Studies Rules) started out with humble beginnings in 1973, before becoming the entertainment legend we know today. A few previous works, such as Chainmail (more of a miniatures based system), generated creative sparks amongst authors Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson. Those sparks soon flared into the creation of that little woodgrain box set Dungeons & Dragons and it's three digest sized books Men & Magic, Monsters & Treasures, and the Underworld & Wilderness Adventures, that will now forever hold a cherished place in the world of fantasy role playing. The Advanced Dungeons and Dragons universe consists of near endless worlds to explore including Greyhawk, Planescape, Birthright, Dark Sun, SpellJammer, Al-Qadim, Ravenloft, The Forgotten Realms, and Dragonlance. TSR has produced board Games (The Battle of Five Armies based on J.R.R. Tolkiens Lord of the Rings Prequel the Hobbit, Dungeon, The Awful Green Things from Outer Space, Divine Right), computer games, role-playing games from the basic set to the 1st Edition, 2nd Edition, 3rd Edition, and currently 3.5 (The Players Handbook, From the Ashes, Deities and Demigods w/ Cthulhu & Melnibone mythos, Boot Hill, Hellbound the Blood War, Metamorphosis Alpha, Gamma World, RPGA modules RPGA1 Rahasia, R4 Doc's Island, Queen of the Spiders…the list is near endless), fantastic detailed lead and plastic miniatures including the Rare Imperial Dragon which was also the cover for Dragon Magazine #1, and The Great Red Dragon, a continuing series of novels by the best writers of fantasy, comic books, a cartoon/anime series, it's own toy line by LJN, truly amazing art by some of the finest artists including Larry Elmore, Keith Parkinson, Jeff Easley, Brom, Erol Otis, Todd Lockwood, and Tony DiTerlizzi, not to mention it's own addicts support group the Role Playing Gamers Association, and the largest game convention in North America Gen Con! Even after being purchased by Wizards of the Coast (the publishers of Magic the Gathering), the Dungeons and Dragons world continues to grow!

Wow. I can't believe he left off "Warriors of Mars". (Maybe its in there and I missed it. I got kinda bored reading after awhile.)

Finarvyn
Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
D&D Player Since 1975

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:21 pm 

bclarkie wrote:OOPS, Look at what I just won. :twisted:

Too funny. I'd love to see the expression on his face if he remembers your name.  Just don't leave feedback too early.  Oh hell, why not, kick his ass back to zero  :twisted:

Mike B.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:24 pm 

bclarkie wrote:OOPS, Look at what I just won. :twisted:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Please let us know what he says to you.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:39 pm 

Badmike wrote:Too funny. I'd love to see the expression on his face if he remembers your name. Just don't leave feedback too early. Oh hell, why not, kick his ass back to zero :twisted:

Mike B.

Oh, don't worry his ass will Zero all too soon. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

johnhuck wrote:
bclarkie wrote:OOPS, Look at what I just won. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Please let us know what he says to you.

I will definitely keep everyone updated on this one. I just wonder if he has the testicular fortitude to even send me an invoice. :roll: 8O :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:22 pm 

Umm...
I don't get the joke.
Did this person burn you before?

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:32 pm 

jkason wrote:Umm...
I don't get the joke.

Most definitely.  See Below for the earlier post I left:

bclarkie wrote:This guy isn't shady at all. He is just an outright thief. :evil: :evil: :evil: Look at this auction:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

It just happens to be the same auction that I won 2 1/2 months ago here:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5949147327

Needless to say I paid by paypal and paypal did a charge back, but I only got $63.00 of my $88.00 back. The worst part of it is that I inadvertantly left a positive feedback for him in error. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Now this MF'er is "selling" the same stuff again, of course after he changed his EBay ID and set up a new Paypal account under a different email address. I informed Ebay, but I wonder if they will do anything to get the rest of my money back. Just though I would put out an FYI in case anyone was planning on bidding on this auction. I am half tempted to even email cougar. 8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:51 am 

I don't get the joke.

If you look at the seller's ID, you will see that the seller just changed their eBay name, and eBay has their previous ID listed as the previous seller. The DH didn't even have the good sence to scrap his account and start a new one.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:04 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
I don't get the joke.

If you look at the seller's ID, you will see that the seller just changed their eBay name, and eBay has their previous ID listed as the previous seller. The DH didn't even have the good sence to scrap his account and start a new one.

i think these type of ppl get away far too lightly. its actually a criminal offence, and should be treated that way imo :)

well done once again to bclarkie! we should all call him the lone ranger from now on. we can all be mini-tonto's :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:13 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:

i think these type of ppl get away far too lightly. its actually a criminal offence, and should be treated that way imo :)

well done once again to bclarkie! we should all call him the lone ranger from now on. we can all be mini-tonto's :)

Hey, I try,  but this one was all John's idea. I just acted on his excellent suggestion. :D  Needless to say, still no invoice yet. :roll:  :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:16 am 

well he IS selling stolen goods really so a nice interesting situation imo :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:57 am 

bclarkie wrote:Hey, I try, but this one was all John's idea. I just acted on his excellent suggestion. :D Needless to say, still no invoice yet. :roll: :twisted:

Thanks. You'll probably end up getting negged. But I'm sure it will be worth it.

Have you sent details of both auctions to eBay and PayPal?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:11 am 

johnhuck wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Hey, I try, but this one was all John's idea. I just acted on his excellent suggestion. :D Needless to say, still no invoice yet. :roll: :twisted:

Thanks. You'll probably end up getting negged. But I'm sure it will be worth it.

Have you sent details of both auctions to eBay and PayPal?

Yes on both counts. I emailed Ebay yesterday about 6 hours before the auction ended and got a form response initially about 4 hours later. As far as getting negged, I knew that was going to be a probable outcome, but it is definitely a outcome that I am willing to live with. If my feedback score was 100%, I may have decided against it, but that 100% was gone long ago, due in full to a not so intelligent seller who negged me on a transaction that I had already paid for immediately and had received the item in the mail.:evil: So with that, I decided to take my fate into my own hands. :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:15 pm 

I am going to steal his keyword listing.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:09 pm 

I think it was the key word listing that was for sale in that auction.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:01 pm 

bclarkie wrote:This guy isn't shady at all. He is just an outright thief. :evil: :evil: :evil: Look at this auction:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

It just happens to be the same auction that I won 2 1/2 months ago here:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5949147327

Needless to say I paid by paypal and paypal did a charge back, but I only got $63.00 of my $88.00 back. The worst part of it is that I inadvertantly left a positive feedback for him in error. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Now this MF'er is "selling" the same stuff again, of course after he changed his EBay ID and set up a new Paypal account under a different email address. I informed Ebay, but I wonder if they will do anything to get the rest of my money back. Just though I would put out an FYI in case anyone was planning on bidding on this auction. I am half tempted to even email cougar. 8O

Well, here is an update. This dumb ass, just emailed me an invoice toiday. 8O Here it is along with my response. :twisted:
Ummm well Chad, I don't know. The last time I paid $15.00 for shipping for this same auction with the same items this past January, they never showed up. Funny thing is as I recall you stole my money back then, and I was only able to recover $63.00 of the $88.00 that I paid that time. So I don't know, what do you think I should do.
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 6:32 PM
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] Your invoice for eBay purchases - item #5183268283, AD&D FORGOTTEN REALMS Box Sets Books Modules Rare

Here's the invoice for your item, bclarkie!

Dear bclarkie. Thank you for your purchase. The total for your item below is US $128.50.

Click Pay Now to confirm shipping, get total price, and arrange payment through: PayPal.

Item # Item Title Qty.  Price  
5183268283 AD&D FORGOTTEN REALMS Box Sets Books Modules Rare 1  US $113.50  

Subtotal:  US $113.50  
Shipping and handling via Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service:
US $15.00  
Total:  US $128.50

Hello Brian - I'm sure that $15 would cover it to the UK - is that ok? Thanks! Paypal only please - email addie is [email protected]. Thanks!

Please email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

I offer the following shipping options:
Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service: US $15.00

Thank you again for your purchase.

swdm4ever

=============================================
He also just got negged by the other person he stole from at the same time back in January. UNREAL :evil:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:04 pm 

aside from anything else...
bclarkie wrote:
clueless wrote:Hello Brian - I'm sure that $15 would cover it to the UK - is that ok?

:?: :?:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:14 pm 

harami2000 wrote:aside from anything else...
bclarkie wrote:

:?: :?:

Yeah, the only thing worse than a thief, is a really dumb thief. :roll: And don't ask where he got the UK form, considering the EBay invoice clearly states Pittsburgh, Pa. USA. :? He is supposedly from Chicago, maybe Draco can make a pick up delivery for me. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 16 of 112123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 110111112