Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 16 of 112123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:42 am 

He's got an address and phone number on his webpage...

http://www.axisrecordsandcomics.com/
2877 Chapman st., Oakland, CA 94601-2128 phone: (510) 534-5269

And there's a pic.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:17 am 

Anybody know who posted the original pic of that white box set on the Acaeum?  Might be worth a phone call with that info in hand.   :twisted:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:09 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWN:IT

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:40 pm 

Feedback Score:  88521  
Positive Feedback:  88.2%  

Members who left a positive:  100252  
Members who left a negative:  13425  

All positive feedback received:  374438  

That's a crappy scored, even w/ 100,000+ pos feedback.  I wouldn't buy.

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:20 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:Feedback Score: 88521
Positive Feedback: 88.2%  

Members who left a positive: 100252
Members who left a negative: 13425

All positive feedback received: 374438

That's a crappy scored, even w/ 100,000+ pos feedback. I wouldn't buy.

And they're still on eBay? 8O

Hmm... only 1,252 negs in the last month and the same form response ad-naseum; "We deeply regret the poor experience you had and we are working to rectify this!".

"Positive feedback is left automatically when winning bidder leaves a positive comment for Bargainland...The winning bidder also agrees that this is an 'as is' auction and therefore by placing a bid waives any and all rights to warranties, charge backs or refunds by Bargainland Liquidation."

Good price for that bulk lot as-is, if they deliver, though?
D'ya go to conventions or have a shop? ;)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:37 pm 

harami2000 wrote:

MrFilthyIke wrote:Feedback Score: 88521
Positive Feedback: 88.2%

Members who left a positive: 100252
Members who left a negative: 13425

All positive feedback received: 374438

That's a crappy scored, even w/ 100,000+ pos feedback. I wouldn't buy.

And they're still on eBay? 8O

Hmm... only 1,252 negs in the last month and the same form response ad-naseum; "We deeply regret the poor experience you had and we are working to rectify this!".

"Positive feedback is left automatically when winning bidder leaves a positive comment for Bargainland...The winning bidder also agrees that this is an 'as is' auction and therefore by placing a bid waives any and all rights to warranties, charge backs or refunds by Bargainland Liquidation."

Good price for that bulk lot as-is, if they deliver, though?
D'ya go to conventions or have a shop? ;)

I think the 13k negative feedback should have been a tip off this might not be a good seller...heck, even the people leaving POSITIVE feedback aren't happy!

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:14 pm 

This guy isn't shady at all. He is just an outright thief. :evil: :evil: :evil: Look at this auction:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

It just happens to be the same auction that I won 2 1/2 months ago here:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5949147327

Needless to say I paid by paypal and paypal did a charge back, but I only got $63.00 of my $88.00 back. The worst part of it is that I inadvertantly left a positive feedback for him in error. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Now this MF'er is "selling" the same stuff again, of course after he changed his EBay ID and set up a new Paypal account under a different email address. I informed Ebay, but I wonder if they will do anything to get the rest of my money back. Just though I would put out an FYI in case anyone was planning on bidding on this auction. I am half tempted to even email cougar. 8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:20 pm 

bclarkie wrote:The worst part of it is that I inadvertantly left a positive feedback for him in error.

Why not "win" it again just to make amends with the feedback. :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:24 pm 

johnhuck wrote:
bclarkie wrote:The worst part of it is that I inadvertantly left a positive feedback for him in error.

Why not "win" it again just to make amends with the feedback. :twisted:

That actually is not a bad idea. :idea: EBay can't even get for an unpaid item strike, because I already paid once. :twisted:
=========================================
Nice, I just set up a $250.00 snipe. Nighty, night A$$ Hole. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:29 pm 

bclarkie wrote:This guy isn't shady at all. He is just an outright thief. :evil: :evil: :evil: Look at this auction:

Needless to say I paid by paypal and paypal did a charge back, but I only got $63.00 of my $88.00 back. The worst part of it is that I inadvertantly left a positive feedback for him in error. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Now this MF'er is "selling" the same stuff again, of course after he changed his EBay ID and set up a new Paypal account under a different email address. I informed Ebay, but I wonder if they will do anything to get the rest of my money back. Just though I would put out an FYI in case anyone was planning on bidding on this auction. I am half tempted to even email cougar. 8O

That seems like a good scam. If you have a few going you could probably get $600 a month for spending half a day a month in an internet cafe.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:32 pm 

OOPS, Look at what I just won. :twisted:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:57 pm 

Aneoth wrote:Check out all the keywords and phrases that the seller used in the little history of Games monologue. Which BTW is so long as to be too boring to read through....

A must for strategy & role playing game fans, whether you play science fiction, fantasy or war games! Wonderful fun for family and friends! This is a great item for the game fan in your life, or something completely new to share with family and friends, instead of the same old Monopoly by Milton Bradley, Clue by Parker Brothers, or Scrabble game, where the same person wins every time! Don't let this wonderful item slip away!

A Little History: Originally based in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin the company known as TSR (Tactical Studies Rules) started out with humble beginnings in 1973, before becoming the entertainment legend we know today. A few previous works, such as Chainmail (more of a miniatures based system), generated creative sparks amongst authors Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson. Those sparks soon flared into the creation of that little woodgrain box set Dungeons & Dragons and it's three digest sized books Men & Magic, Monsters & Treasures, and the Underworld & Wilderness Adventures, that will now forever hold a cherished place in the world of fantasy role playing. The Advanced Dungeons and Dragons universe consists of near endless worlds to explore including Greyhawk, Planescape, Birthright, Dark Sun, SpellJammer, Al-Qadim, Ravenloft, The Forgotten Realms, and Dragonlance. TSR has produced board Games (The Battle of Five Armies based on J.R.R. Tolkiens Lord of the Rings Prequel the Hobbit, Dungeon, The Awful Green Things from Outer Space, Divine Right), computer games, role-playing games from the basic set to the 1st Edition, 2nd Edition, 3rd Edition, and currently 3.5 (The Players Handbook, From the Ashes, Deities and Demigods w/ Cthulhu & Melnibone mythos, Boot Hill, Hellbound the Blood War, Metamorphosis Alpha, Gamma World, RPGA modules RPGA1 Rahasia, R4 Doc's Island, Queen of the Spiders…the list is near endless), fantastic detailed lead and plastic miniatures including the Rare Imperial Dragon which was also the cover for Dragon Magazine #1, and The Great Red Dragon, a continuing series of novels by the best writers of fantasy, comic books, a cartoon/anime series, it's own toy line by LJN, truly amazing art by some of the finest artists including Larry Elmore, Keith Parkinson, Jeff Easley, Brom, Erol Otis, Todd Lockwood, and Tony DiTerlizzi, not to mention it's own addicts support group the Role Playing Gamers Association, and the largest game convention in North America Gen Con! Even after being purchased by Wizards of the Coast (the publishers of Magic the Gathering), the Dungeons and Dragons world continues to grow!

Wow. I can't believe he left off "Warriors of Mars". (Maybe its in there and I missed it. I got kinda bored reading after awhile.)

Finarvyn
Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
D&D Player Since 1975

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:21 pm 

bclarkie wrote:OOPS, Look at what I just won. :twisted:

Too funny. I'd love to see the expression on his face if he remembers your name.  Just don't leave feedback too early.  Oh hell, why not, kick his ass back to zero  :twisted:

Mike B.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:24 pm 

bclarkie wrote:OOPS, Look at what I just won. :twisted:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Please let us know what he says to you.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:39 pm 

Badmike wrote:Too funny. I'd love to see the expression on his face if he remembers your name. Just don't leave feedback too early. Oh hell, why not, kick his ass back to zero :twisted:

Mike B.

Oh, don't worry his ass will Zero all too soon. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

johnhuck wrote:
bclarkie wrote:OOPS, Look at what I just won. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Please let us know what he says to you.

I will definitely keep everyone updated on this one. I just wonder if he has the testicular fortitude to even send me an invoice. :roll: 8O :twisted:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:22 pm 

Umm...
I don't get the joke.
Did this person burn you before?

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:32 pm 

jkason wrote:Umm...
I don't get the joke.

Most definitely.  See Below for the earlier post I left:

bclarkie wrote:This guy isn't shady at all. He is just an outright thief. :evil: :evil: :evil: Look at this auction:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:51 am 

jkason wrote:Umm...
I don't get the joke.

If you look at the seller's ID, you will see that the seller just changed their eBay name, and eBay has their previous ID listed as the previous seller. The DH didn't even have the good sence to scrap his account and start a new one.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 16 of 112123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 110111112