Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 14 of 112123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:25 pm 

lawrenson wrote:I remember some years ago him telling me (via email) that he wouldnt go in a car or use public transport, and would only attend events that he could actually walk to.

WOW!!

My personal impressions of the cougar get stranger and stranger the more I know about him....

Living in Texas, and considering how I was raised and where. I cannot imagine (even for a moment) being able to exist without a vehicle.....

Yes, I know there are millions who do without a personal vehicle, But worse than that is the thought that if I did not have a personal vehicle, why would I choose to avoid public transportation as a life choice as well?

I suppose I am just spoiled rotten....  :oops:
I am just too lazy to walk the 47 miles to work each morning..... :oops:  
And too lazy to walk the 47 miles back home each night too.... :oops:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:32 pm 

I'm in Florida Aneoth, where car is also KING.

No public transport worth speaking of, but we gots us lots of tourists.  :roll:

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:59 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:I'm in Florida Aneoth, where car is also KING.

No public transport worth speaking of, but we gots us lots of tourists. :roll:

Oh, I don't think it is a a Florida or Texas thing. I think its a USA thing. :wink: Reasonably, no matter where you are, walking anywhere more than a couple of miles away becomes pretty time constrictive. Funny to imagine cougar as a "shut in" though. :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:21 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Funny to imagine cougar as a "shut in" though. :lol:

A "caged cat" if you will. ;)

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:09 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Funny to imagine cougar as a "shut in" though. :lol:

A "caged cat" if you will. ;)

8O  :lol:  :lol:  8)

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:07 pm 

Actually, not having a car in places like NYC, Boston, D.C., Chicago and L.A. is a blessing, if you ask me.

I've been in all those places (except L.A.), and seen pedestrians walking faster on the sidewalk than I was driving.

Fortunately, in the big cities, you don't have to walk far to get what you need. (Diapers, stamps, and hand lotion  :twisted: )

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:22 am 

jkason wrote:Fortunately, in the big cities, you don't have to walk far to get what you need. (Diapers, stamps, and hand lotion :twisted: )

Ouch, that was harsh, but funny as hell. :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:09 am 

jkason wrote:Actually, not having a car in places like NYC, Boston, D.C., Chicago and L.A. is a blessing, if you ask me.

I've been in all those places (except L.A.), and seen pedestrians walking faster on the sidewalk than I was driving.

Fortunately, in the big cities, you don't have to walk far to get what you need. (Diapers, stamps, and hand lotion :twisted: )

Been here (Europe) and there (NY and Boston).

I know that actually Usa is very different - large streaks of wilderness populated with wandring monsters like police patrols and crazed hillbillies. But in places like old Europe and - in the case of cougie - England - you actually have the possibility of walking around to get what you need too.

What I'm beginning to ask myself is the attitude of the guy - I mean, seriously. Is anyone here a psychologist? He's beginning to show signs of grandeur (I want to become the largest D&D trader of Ebay) and paranoia (everyone is plotting against my back, sending me unjustified negs).

I mean, we are a crazy lot, but someone seems crazier than the others...

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:13 pm 

Hey....I just thought of this.

Maybe Maxwell and the Coug are the same person. Or at least VERY closely related.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:15 pm 

rosenkav wrote:I mean, we are a crazy lot, but someone seems crazier than the others...

Yeah, buying up out of print games and supplements that are passe doesn't sound like an interesting way to spend time or money.....

Sorry. I must have been channeling my wife.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:08 am 

jkason wrote:Actually, not having a car in places like NYC, Boston, D.C., Chicago and L.A. is a blessing, if you ask me.
I've been in all those places (except L.A.), and seen pedestrians walking faster on the sidewalk than I was driving.Fortunately, in the big cities, you don't have to walk far to get what you need. (Diapers, stamps, and hand lotion :twisted: )

I lived in the LA area for a couple of years. If you don't have a car in LA, your screwed....
Unless you enjoy public transportation that is.
Or your a shut in like the kitten....

LA is spread out so far in every direction that anywhere you go (Except to the coast of course), it takes you several days to get there.... even if you DO have a car it still takes too long to get anywhere.

I have never lived in NYC, or Boston, or D. C., but I did stay in Chicago for 3 months many years ago, and I got everywhere I wanted to go by using the Trains.... or by walking. Never once hired a Taxi, though I once rented a car with some friends for a weekend out in the country for a wild party.

Bottom line? Being in NYC, Boston, D.C., or even Chicago without a car might be a blessing, but in LA it is definitely not......

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:24 am 

I have never lived in NYC, or Boston, or D. C., but I did stay in Chicago for 3 months many years ago, and I got everywhere I wanted to go by using the Trains.... or by walking. Never once hired a Taxi, though I once rented a car with some friends for a weekend out in the country for a wild party.

Wild party in the country?  Was it first or second edition?  Original rules or AD&D? Live action or dice rolling?  I mean, there was roleplaying involved, right?

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:37 am 

Badmike wrote:
....there was roleplaying involved, right?
Mike B.

Yep, Live and very active roleplaying was indeed involved, and plenty of it.
However no dice were used. In fact we did not even have any.  :lol:   8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:08 am 

Aneoth wrote:
Badmike wrote:Yep, Live and very active roleplaying was indeed involved, and plenty of it.
However no dice were used. In fact we did not even have any. :lol:  8)

That's odd, no dice?  What kind of live action roleplaying does....oh no.  (Imagining Aneoth in Spock Star Trek fleet uniform, which is much too tight,  frolicing with pointy eared nubile Vulcan babes, while pretending to "beam down" to the planet in the episode where Spock lost all his inhibitions....)
  Pardon me while I scrub my mind's eye....I think I'll use this sulfuric acid......

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:25 am 

I didn't no where else to put this so I chose here. I don't know if this guy is shady or not, but either way he just irritates the pi$$ out me. Now doesn't this look AMAZINGLY familiar?:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

Why it just happens to be Aneoth's old 1st print Monster Manual that he won last week for $36.00, that he now is selling and has a starting bid of at $39.99. God, does that guy annoy me for some reason. :evil:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:03 am 

bclarkie wrote:Why it just happens to be Aneoth's old 1st print Monster Manual that he won last week for $36.00, that he now is selling and has a starting bid of at $39.99. God, does that guy annoy me for some reason. :evil:

He could've picked it up first time around for $25.00, of course...
Such are the "dangers" of reselling; and I don't think he's going to make much of a profit on that, anyhow.
*watches, just in case*

btw, Did you see his ALTRA RARE MOLD DIEC with SWERAL COLORS, ECT.? :P
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5182621945

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:42 am 

bclarkie wrote:I didn't no where else to put this so I chose here. I don't know if this guy is shady or not, but either way he just irritates the pi$$ out me. Now doesn't this look AMAZINGLY familiar?:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

Why it just happens to be Aneoth's old 1st print Monster Manual that he won last week for $36.00, that he now is selling and has a starting bid of at $39.99. God, does that guy annoy me for some reason. :evil:

ROTFLMAO: Yes, that is the one I sold just last week. Best of luck to him... and more power to him I say.

I think He is being a bit overly optimistic, but not dishonest. He may actually get a bite or two for it though, as we here on the forum all know, newbies to rare item collecting tend to bid higher on items they think are exceedingly rare, especially when the seller states as much in the description.

I think it is likely that (When he bid on my listing) that he was hopeful that the book was in better condition than I had stated. But; as you guys may recall, I was quite detailed in my description, not that he is not being honest in his though.

I was pleased to get $36 for the book. When I first listed it I had an opening bid of $25 and got not a single bid. Then I re-listed it with a one penny opening bid, No Bin, and No reserve and got $36....Go figure...
(The highlighted portion above was edited to correct my mis-statement, memory is the second thing to go they say.... :roll: )

Selling and re-selling right now seems a good choice, since the market appears to favor sellers at the moment. At least to my thinking anyway, as I have no stats to back up that claim, just personal observations of the winning bids on Auctions I have been watching (or bidding) of late.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:50 am 

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against reselling at all. I do a little myself. The thing that drives me crazy is his cocky attitude that he has about things. He is just a pr*ck, and you can tell by how he lists his auctions. This of course was confirmed by his corresponce back and forth back in January on the Warriors of Mars auction. :roll: And as Harami pointed out he certainly is an interesting speller. Maybe he is related to Maxwell. 8O

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 14 of 112123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 110111112