Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 13 of 112123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:54 pm 

Hey, wait a minute, Filth, that is exactly what I would do. Do I get a drink too?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:33 pm 

Hi,

I would guess he is English, looking at the insults used :)

Interesting enuff, European Gencon will be in the county where Cougie lives this year.

Wonder if he'll turn up?

I remember some years ago him telling me (via email) that he wouldnt go in a car or use public transport, and would only attend events that he could actually walk to.

Anyone got his address?  :twisted:

Check out my webpage at House Atreides CCG singles for sale for d&d stuff and wont
charge you a fortune in postage.
On run-of-the-mill items I'll do very good deals for acaeum members.

Cheers,
malcolm

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:44 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Hey, wait a minute, Filth, that is exactly what I would do. Do I get a drink too?

If we could get everyone on acaeum in one room, then yeah...the drinks are on me.  But those planes tickets are costly. :)

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:46 pm 

lawrenson wrote:Check out my webpage at House Atreides CCG singles for sale for d&d stuff and wont
charge you a fortune in postage.
On run-of-the-mill items I'll do very good deals for acaeum members.

Nice shop, I wish mny "green" was stronger against your pounds.  :(

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:02 pm 

ya lol kinda makes UK stuff unaffordable for us poor old people in the usa

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:34 pm 

draco76 wrote:ya lol kinda makes UK stuff unaffordable for us poor old people in the usa

Why don't you guys start listing in like Mexican pesos or something. :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:44 pm 

Ya know...I hate to be the one saying this, being that I am not the most loved individual on this forum...but it must be done:

I believe that Cougar has cracked.  All that time in front of the comp, packing boxes, and travelling (er perhaps walking) to the post is unhealthy.  

Perhaps if we form a nice Acaeum alliance, we could assist him.  If everyone here bids on one of his auctions without intent of paying, for the sole purpose of leaving a neg and eats the return neg, we could put a hurtin on him.....especially with some of the higher numbered feedbacks that would be involved.  This would give some weight to the ploy....

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:47 pm 

morgansurname wrote:Ya know...I hate to be the one saying this, being that I am not the most loved individual on this forum...but it must be done:

I believe that Cougar has cracked. All that time in front of the comp, packing boxes, and travelling (er perhaps walking) to the post is unhealthy.

Perhaps if we form a nice Acaeum alliance, we could assist him. If everyone here bids on one of his auctions without intent of paying, for the sole purpose of leaving a neg and eats the return neg, we could put a hurtin on him.....especially with some of the higher numbered feedbacks that would be involved. This would give some weight to the ploy....

YOUR SICK SICK I SAY!
damn I waish I'd have thought of it 1st :D

lol

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:51 pm 

draco76 wrote:
morgansurname wrote:Ya know...I hate to be the one saying this, being that I am not the most loved individual on this forum...but it must be done:

I believe that Cougar has cracked. All that time in front of the comp, packing boxes, and travelling (er perhaps walking) to the post is unhealthy.

Perhaps if we form a nice Acaeum alliance, we could assist him. If everyone here bids on one of his auctions without intent of paying, for the sole purpose of leaving a neg and eats the return neg, we could put a hurtin on him.....especially with some of the higher numbered feedbacks that would be involved. This would give some weight to the ploy....

YOUR SICK SICK I SAY!

lol
:wink:  :twisted:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:54 pm 

draco76 wrote:

YOUR SICK SICK I SAY!

lol
The best would be to hit him where it hurts...in the H series, or higher priced auctions...then he would also pay the Ebay fees! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:08 am 

ah he would recover his fee's best way to screw with him is to attack his bids.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:44 am 

Our furry friend in his description tells he won't mess around with people with less than 10 feedback, and sure we wouldn't like to ruin our pristine reputation of 100 % honest collectors.

Building a "10" rep is very easy in fact, and doesn'y cost a fortune - seen it done in a clever scam concerning used cars. This guy made an account, and bid and won on very cheap items like used stamps :lol: and discount coupons.

He paid quickly and had a 100% spotless feedback, then reaped his benefits in terms of 50.000$ apiece...

Oh, and I didn't suggest ANYTHING of course.

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:02 am 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
Badmike wrote:Simple. Your ebay account is trashed anyway. Bid on all his items, don't pay, and leave him a neg every day (complete with funny insults). Then start your account over. You'll have to start over but you'll have the satisfaction of kicking him in the crotch.

You're cold Mike, real cold...

I'll buy you a drink if we ever meet. :lol: :D

I'll hold you to that...I'll be in Florida sometime next year  :D

I just really, really hate people that fuck around with my livelihood.  When someone gives a buyer a bad taste as a result of bad dealings, it impacts my pocketbook.  My chosen profession is reselling games and books, particularly RPGS.  Anyone who mucks up the business is taking food out of my mouth, not to mention demeaning the hobby (think the low esteem most card and memorabilia dealers are held in) and I don't like it.
   Any oldtimers here may or may not remember the "GameGuy" fiasco of the mid 90's on the old RPG marketplace.  I'll make a long story short (hard for me to do, I know). A dealer popped up on the marketplace (where everyone bought sold or traded RPG stuff before Ebay) and offered tons of great stuff at low prices. Of course, he rarely if ever shipped anything and his excuses were legendary.  Even many dealers were ripped off by him. He eventually stopped answering his phone and stopped shipping items.  Dozens of people were ripped off, although a few got their money back through the New Jersey attorney general (who filed suit after many complaints were made of mail fraud). The upshot is that I personally knew lots of people (some of them friends) that would no longer buy RPG stuff over the internet for years afterwards.  Their trust was broken, and such actions impacted my own buying selling and trading online.
 Every ass that rips people off on Ebay just makes it that harder for anyone to do business in that venue.  Everyone who gets ripped off or has a bad experience being overcharged on shipping or getting shoddy goods tells someone else, and eventually the marketplace gets harder to work in.
   It has an effect on buyers also.  Most people that buy online sometimes sell, and what if that guy has a Jade Hare or Orange B3 stashed somewhere, you'll never see it online because he doesn't trust the marketplace due to bad experiences.  The advice "Don't crap where you live" is unfortunately ignored by a lot of the rip off artists and sleezy sellers out there, to all our detriments.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:15 am 

I honestly don't know if it's worth messing with him anymore.  You can only piss on people (your customers) so long before it begins to tumble down.  I don't know if his house of cards needs a good shove or whether it will fall down on it's own, but I would merely advise anyone I know to stay away from his auctions and provide a few examples of his unsavory business practices.  Word of mouth has a nasty habit of getting around quite well in a hobby community. You don't have to libel if you aren't stating falsehoods, and in many of these shady dealers cases you don't even have to embellish the facts to get the point across.
  That being said, I find bidding against the Coug in multiple auctions (I do 10 or so at a time) brings simple peace of mind and pleasure.  Just raising the bids a couple of bucks or so per auction has already, I believe, cost the Cougie a staggering amount in the year or so I've been involved in this therapeutic activity.... :D

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:25 pm 

lawrenson wrote:I remember some years ago him telling me (via email) that he wouldnt go in a car or use public transport, and would only attend events that he could actually walk to.

WOW!!

My personal impressions of the cougar get stranger and stranger the more I know about him....

Living in Texas, and considering how I was raised and where. I cannot imagine (even for a moment) being able to exist without a vehicle.....

Yes, I know there are millions who do without a personal vehicle, But worse than that is the thought that if I did not have a personal vehicle, why would I choose to avoid public transportation as a life choice as well?

I suppose I am just spoiled rotten....  :oops:
I am just too lazy to walk the 47 miles to work each morning..... :oops:  
And too lazy to walk the 47 miles back home each night too.... :oops:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:32 pm 

I'm in Florida Aneoth, where car is also KING.

No public transport worth speaking of, but we gots us lots of tourists.  :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:59 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:I'm in Florida Aneoth, where car is also KING.

No public transport worth speaking of, but we gots us lots of tourists. :roll:

Oh, I don't think it is a a Florida or Texas thing. I think its a USA thing. :wink: Reasonably, no matter where you are, walking anywhere more than a couple of miles away becomes pretty time constrictive. Funny to imagine cougar as a "shut in" though. :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:21 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Funny to imagine cougar as a "shut in" though. :lol:

A "caged cat" if you will. ;)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 13 of 112123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 110111112