Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 12 of 112123 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:04 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:I charge exact shipping whenever possible. Matter of fact, I won't even bid on items that overcharge shipping. $385 is the cost of a flat-rate envelope, and that is what I will pay. The "handling" shit is for businesses, and people who want to rape buyers for every extra penny. None of this "15 cents for gas, 10 cents for packing materials, blah blah blah". That, and eBay fees, are the cost of doing business via eBay, and I see no reason why a buyer should have to pay that. I have noticed that sellers who overcharge shipping tend to make less overall on their auctions.

That fact has helped me, most people who deal with me continue to buy from me because of my willingness to combine shipping to their advantage, plus they do seem to bid more.  I always calculate shipping into what my final bid will be when bidding on an auction, although I've been known to bung it up occassionaly and pay more per item shipping than I thought I was, lesson learned.

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:13 pm 

paypal fee's are a bitch I think they have gone up.... Wish ebay had never bought out paypal they should be sued......  People were not using there bidpay bs so they boughtout paypal.

226.25 USD  FEE -$9.12 USD  $217.13 USD  thats a recent payment I recieved crazy freaken fee's

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:49 pm 

draco76 wrote:
226.25 USD FEE -$9.12 USD $217.13 USD thats a recent payment I recieved crazy freaken fee's

Well it was an international payment right? Paypal charges an extra 1% for those. Plus they charge the Buyer too.

Gotta love the way good old Ebay Double (or Triple) dips.

Unfortunately NOT accepting paypal isn't an option for any serious seller.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:00 pm 

jagd wrote:
draco76 wrote:
226.25 USD FEE -$9.12 USD $217.13 USD thats a recent payment I recieved crazy freaken fee's

Well it was an international payment right? Paypal charges an extra 1% for those. Plus they charge the Buyer too.

Gotta love the way good old Ebay Double (or Triple) dips.

Unfortunately NOT accepting paypal isn't an option for any serious seller.

i STILL dont see what the problem was in passing the paypal charges onto the seller. if everyone does it, whats the problem? if you pay by bidpay, this is what happens anyway and ebay allows that, so why cant it on paypal? double standards sh*t if you ask me. if ppl dont want to pay via paypal, they can pay another way, and if its local, i would rather them do that anyway - less charges, more money for me.....another sh*t system forced upon you by ebay huh?

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:33 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:i STILL dont see what the problem was in passing the paypal charges onto the seller. if everyone does it, whats the problem?

It's not legal to do so in CA and that's where they're based, IIRC.

OTOH is perfectly legal to add on any card fees to a transaction in the UK, if those are mentioned in advance. I don't think they plan to move over here, however, just to keep those sellers happy.

In reality, of course, the CA legislation just makes transactions less transparent and encourages price gouging on postage :(
(and higher postage charge = less eBay fees, too, no?)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:22 pm 

I do not mind if Paypal fees are charged, I will just use the old trusty Money order instead.  If the sellaer does not charge paypal fees to his customers he is leaving money on the table.

The excuse that its the cost of doing business doesn't wash really, Ebay charges fees and I can expect that to be the cost of business but the double dip paypal fees are ridiculous.

Money orders are cheap!  Just deal with reputable dealers.

My 2 cents anyway!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:50 pm 

not only that but chargebacks are fing gay.... I'm still mad over the $350 I lost because the buyer called and said it was an unathorized payment, claimed his 13 year old step son used his paypal account or some bullshit so I got screwed out of an item and paypal wouldn't reimburse me.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:51 am 

draco76 wrote:not only that but chargebacks are fing gay.... I'm still mad over the $350 I lost because the buyer called and said it was an unathorized payment, claimed his 13 year old step son used his paypal account or some bullshit so I got screwed out of an item and paypal wouldn't reimburse me.

That's quite a neat trick. Presumably you can't sue a 13 year old kid either. Maybe you should go pay the guy a visit.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:54 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
draco76 wrote:not only that but chargebacks are fing gay.... I'm still mad over the $350 I lost because the buyer called and said it was an unathorized payment, claimed his 13 year old step son used his paypal account or some bullshit so I got screwed out of an item and paypal wouldn't reimburse me.

That's quite a neat trick. Presumably you can't sue a 13 year old kid either. Maybe you should go pay the guy a visit.

and he didnt return the item??!! now sorry i WOULD go to the trouble of paying a visit "unauthorised" and make sure there was $350 of things he would need to repair....

some ppl really pi*s the feckin hell out of me  :?

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:41 am 

I never accept payments of $100 or more from an unauthorized account.  Just too much fraud out there, and no way to get your money or items back if you are taken.  Also, as long as you attach a delivery confirmation form to any authorized payment shipment, Paypal will pretty much always rule in your favor (the good got to the destination, that's all they care about).  It's worth the $.50 or whatever it costs, I have won 100% of the chargebacks I've had so far.

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:11 am 

ya well i still got to little bastards address, he lives in cali close to where I used to live.  I plan on going back to cali for a week this summer and I just might pay his little 13 year old ass a visit lol.  I also might just wait till he hits 18 then role out there and beat the living shit out of him.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:38 am 

draco76 wrote:ya well i still got to little bastards address, he lives in cali close to where I used to live. I plan on going back to cali for a week this summer and I just might pay his little 13 year old ass a visit lol. I also might just wait till he hits 18 then role out there and beat the living shit out of him.

i like your style  :twisted:

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:26 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
draco76 wrote:ya well i still got to little bastards address, he lives in cali close to where I used to live. I plan on going back to cali for a week this summer and I just might pay his little 13 year old ass a visit lol. I also might just wait till he hits 18 then role out there and beat the living shit out of him.

i like your style :twisted:

Yes, revenge is best served cold.  Nothing like beating the ever-loving crap outta a kid FIVE YEARS after the incident  :twisted:

Could start yelling "You remember me?  YOU REMEMBER ME?!  What's my name, b#$ch!?"  :lol:

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:32 pm 

lol

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:45 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:Could start yelling "You remember me? YOU REMEMBER ME?! What's my name, b#$ch!?" :lol:

and then he says "its my twin brother you wanted"  :P

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:47 pm 

Ah, double the fun, double the pleasure.

Of whooping ass. :)

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:42 am 

Someone actually sent me a link to this discusion after seeing the negs cougar has given me. look at his recent f/b given and you will see poor old me.

I am getting really fed up with that wanker. I bought 13 items from him in Jan. The worst mistake i have ever made on Ebay. After the auctions ended, he sent me five buy it now second chance offers which I took, bit then found he jacked me on postage, as he said he had already boxed the first 10 items, so the other three (2 books and some dice) cost me another fiver to post.
Anyway, got the first package, and found my first probs with him. The copy of Unearthed Arcana that I paid £9 for had the spine taped back on, and was in terrible condition. The listing said it was VGC, which is why I went higher on my bid. I also got a MM from him which had red pen on EVERY page in it. His responce to me was first "yeah, but you got these items cheap, whats the problem" Then he said if i wanted to wait around and check his future auctions, he would swop a repacemnt.
Then, I realised the second parcel hadnt arrived yet. All this time i am getting his infamous "send me feedback first" emails. I chased him up, and he said that maybe it got lost. I said are you sure you sent, and he said give it 20 DAYS to arrive.  Well, as you can see on his feedback, I waited a month for this parcel which never turned up, he then offered to sell me replacments, when available, and I still had no UA replacement, even though during this time, he sold another one dispite me emailing him and askeing him to end the auction and swop it with me. I emailed him over and over to try and get him to sort it out which was starting to really piss me offf. After all, when you have sent your money via paypal, a month is too long to wait for a seller to sort his act out.
I then read through all his negs and began to realize what this guy was really like. Waits 90 days to give negs so he can't have it back etc. Anyway, read what I gave him,  but can you believe this tosser is giving me ONE neg every 10 days????? I cannot believe this sort of pathetic vindictive behaviour is tolerated on ebay. It is so obvious when you see my feedback what he is up to, but dispite emailing ebay, they are not interested. How can soeone rip you off, be an absolute cock about it, and then wreck my FB???  I am glad there are other out there that realize what a wanker this guy is, and some of these posts have made me feel a lot better about my episode with cougarwank.

At the end of the day, all you can do is avoid seller like him like the plauge. Wonder what he is like in real life??? Anyone that buys used stamps, food coupons, and tries to sell USED VCR tapes on ebay smells like a real GEEK.  Always pissed me off about D&D that some guys who had lots books and played loads where absolute social retards. You need people to make the numbers up for a good game, but you wouldn't want to be seen out in public with them!!!!

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant, on the internet, its about all you can do. How much would I love to fill that wanker in though!!!!!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:40 pm 

deebo wrote:Someone actually sent me a link to this discusion after seeing the negs cougar has given me. look at his recent f/b given and you will see poor old me.

I then read through all his negs and began to realize what this guy was really like.

You should have done this first, I do this for any buyer with more than a couple of negs.

At the end of the day, all you can do is avoid seller like him like the plauge. Wonder what he is like in real life??? Anyone that buys used stamps, food coupons, and tries to sell USED VCR tapes on ebay smells like a real GEEK. Always pissed me off about D&D that some guys who had lots books and played loads where absolute social retards. You need people to make the numbers up for a good game, but you wouldn't want to be seen out in public with them!!!!

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant, on the internet, its about all you can do. How much would I love to fill that wanker in though!!!!!!

Simple. Your ebay account is trashed anyway. Bid on all his items, don't pay, and leave him a neg every day (complete with funny insults).  Then start your account over.  You'll have to start over but you'll have the satisfaction of kicking him in the crotch.

Mike B.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 12 of 112123 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 110111112