Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 109 of 112123 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:01 pm 

He said "not willing to end it for a flat $100" in reply to Kosh's e-mail.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:40 pm 

This guy is shady on many different levels...

Chainmail TSR 3rd Edition 7th Printing AD D RARE | eBay

OK...I mean, you can start the price at whatever you'd like...but $25 opening bid w/ water damage?

Sure...we know postal rates are going up, but $9 to ship a 4-5oz item??

Oh...and while your at it, why not just copy and paste text from this website.  :roll:  :evil:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:15 am 

seeyouinescrow wrote:This guy is shady on many different levels...

Chainmail TSR 3rd Edition 7th Printing AD D RARE | eBay

OK...I mean, you can start the price at whatever you'd like...but $25 opening bid w/ water damage?

Oh...and while your at it, why not just copy and paste text from this website.  :roll:  :evil:

This guy is an asshat. I mean outside of the ridiculous shipping costs and the stolen site info without any acknowledgement, whats next, spamming the forum? Oh wait he's doing that too:

search.php?search_id=225240818

:roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:59 am 

What did I miss?  Nothing come up when you click the link.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:25 am 

bombadil wrote:What did I miss?  Nothing come up when you click the link.

Hmm, still comes up for me.  Try here:

profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1433

Or even better, just check the last three ads in the classifieds.  :roll:  

Lets see, lets rip off a websites content and not acknowledge it even in the slighest bit, then for my follow up act, let me spam their forum with ads and hope the same folks who I am already ripping off will also buy my stuff!! Oh and BTW, did I mention that I charge twice what it actually costs to ship the item(s) out?  I wonder if he is planning on supplying the vaseline or if you have to bring it yourself?!  :roll:  God do people like this piss me off. :x

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:15 pm 

Have to agree that I wasn't sure about this guy, as he replied to a PM request on a Classified I posted. It bothered me that he came straight out with an offer to sell, when he hadn't made any posts and only joined the day before.
I thought it was a spammer or someone up to no good and it seems I may have been right to step away from the offer!  :?

There does appear to have been quite a few new joiners recently who haven't posted but might be coming in as pals of Coug?? or just spamming??

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:38 pm 

seeyouinescrow wrote:This guy is shady on many different levels...

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Hard to believe a guy with 100% positive feedback makes it to the shady seller's thread...I guess one level he's NOT shady on is bad feedback.  :D   I don't find a lot of trouble with the opening bid...if I had a Chainmail in ANY condition I would probably open with $20 at least, after all it's a copy of Chainmail.  How about the $30 openers on the OCEs?  Based on the photos, those look like a pretty good deal.
         I thought the shipping rates were high also, but he states he ships Fed Ex boxed with tracking and insurance...that's about right last time I looked.  I don't use them because of the expense shipping to residences, but if you are willing to have some people not bid on your auctions because of the high shipping rates, at least you are going to be sure the item arrives or doesn't arrive to the destination because of the signature required, etc. He should have mentioned the Fed Ex upfront though...I immediately assume someone is shipping priority mail unless otherwise stated, which would have put the shipping on the high side.
  Of course I'm of the school if you charge $10 a module shipping, as long as you are upfront about it it's all good.  The buyer knows what he's getting into and can bid or not bid accordingly, and the market will weed you out eventually anyway.  
        His one sin is copying a description not giving credit to the site....a simple PM or email to him could have cleared that up.
        My first post in the classifieds was about a page full of items that was for sale on my ebay site...then I repeated it for a few days in a row I think! Luckily the site was more laid back then and instead of hammered I got "helpful" advice from forum members  :oops:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:52 pm 

Badmike wrote:
         Hard to believe a guy with 100% positive feedback makes it to the shady seller's thread...I guess one level he's NOT shady on is bad feedback.  :D   I don't find a lot of trouble with the opening bid...if I had a Chainmail in ANY condition I would probably open with $20 at least, after all it's a copy of Chainmail.  How about the $30 openers on the OCEs?  Based on the photos, those look like a pretty good deal.
         I thought the shipping rates were high also, but he states he ships Fed Ex boxed with tracking and insurance...that's about right last time I looked.  I don't use them because of the expense shipping to residences, but if you are willing to have some people not bid on your auctions because of the high shipping rates, at least you are going to be sure the item arrives or doesn't arrive to the destination because of the signature required, etc. He should have mentioned the Fed Ex upfront though...I immediately assume someone is shipping priority mail unless otherwise stated, which would have put the shipping on the high side.
  Of course I'm of the school if you charge $10 a module shipping, as long as you are upfront about it it's all good.  The buyer knows what he's getting into and can bid or not bid accordingly, and the market will weed you out eventually anyway.  
        His one sin is copying a description not giving credit to the site....a simple PM or email to him could have cleared that up.
        My first post in the classifieds was about a page full of items that was for sale on my ebay site...then I repeated it for a few days in a row I think! Luckily the site was more laid back then and instead of hammered I got "helpful" advice from forum members  :oops:

Mike B.

I don't think the guy qualifies as "shady" per se, more along the lines of "asshole".  However, since we don't have an "Asshole dealers" thread, I guess this is the one that comes closest. :wink:   I should add though, that having to chase someone down to try and have them give the site credit when they know damn well that they are in fact ripping the site off shouldn't have to happen.   Why should someone here have to waste thier own time trying to get him to do something that he already should have done in the first place?  Even if the guys other things were okay, I would buy from him regardless based on principle alone.

Aside, I'd be surprised if he actually ships the way he is claiming, I get a strong feeling that's an excuse.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:21 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
I don't think the guy qualifies as "shady" per se, more along the lines of "asshole".  However, since we don't have an "Asshole dealers" thread, I guess this is the one that comes closest. :wink:   I should add though, that having to chase someone down to try and have them give the site credit when they know damn well that they are in fact ripping the site off shouldn't have to happen.   Why should someone here have to waste thier own time trying to get him to do something that he already should have done in the first place?  Even if the guys other things were okay, I would buy from him regardless based on principle alone.

Aside, I'd be surprised if he actually ships the way he is claiming, I get a strong feeling that's an excuse.

Well Ijust like to give the benefit of the doubt in cases of new guys to the forum.  Honestly, I have done some idiotic things in my first years selling online, and selling on Ebay.  Hopefully they will never be brought up, or remembered!  I specifically remember copying ebay descriptions from other sellers verbatim my first year or so on Ebay, until someone called me on it. Until then I hadn 't even given it a thought. I switched to just putting the back cover description on most of my auctions and leaving it at that. Not to mention the fact I used to jam my descriptions with keywords (until Ebay nailed me on that).  Hey, I like to think I turned out ok. I'm just saying we have far shadier sleezebags to choose from for this list.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:32 pm 

Badmike wrote:
... I specifically remember copying ebay descriptions from other sellers verbatim my first year or so on Ebay, until someone called me on it. Until then I hadn't even given it a thought. ...

Mike B.

I have been guilty of that too - and to my shame, have also copied descriptions unacknowledged from websites  :oops:

Of course I am a reformed character now  :wink:

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:40 pm 

red_bus wrote:
I have been guilty of that too - and to my shame, have also copied descriptions unacknowledged from websites  :oops:

Of course I am a reformed character now  :wink:

Ebay was actually nice enough to have a customer service rep call me on the phone at home before they took the step of cancelling my 300 or so auctions (days before the ebay store) and let me change the listings to eliminate keywords before they took action.  I actually argued with the guy in vain that keywords weren't illegal if they referred to something the items could be used for....for example, a 2nd edition Player's Handbook could be used with the Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Spelljammer, Ravenloft, Dark Sun, etc....so why was using those names prohibitted?  

What an idiot I was     :(

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:44 pm 

Badmike wrote:

Well Ijust like to give the benefit of the doubt in cases of new guys to the forum.  Honestly, I have done some idiotic things in my first years selling online, and selling on Ebay.  Hopefully they will never be brought up, or remembered!  I specifically remember copying ebay descriptions from other sellers verbatim my first year or so on Ebay, until someone called me on it. Until then I hadn 't even given it a thought. I switched to just putting the back cover description on most of my auctions and leaving it at that. Not to mention the fact I used to jam my descriptions with keywords (until Ebay nailed me on that).  Hey, I like to think I turned out ok. I'm just saying we have far shadier sleezebags to choose from for this list.

Mike B.

I guess I am just not seeing the "I did it myself once a long time ago, so somehow that justifies it" defense.  But it seems to me that this guy is intent on proving me right.  Look at the addition:

That's exactly how I act when I am someone says that I am wrong. :roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:56 pm 

Just  curious...and maybe it's not my place to say, but I found the Acaeum prior to getting kind of serious about selling D&D items on eBay. I was surfing around looking around for places to discuss the value of old modules and accessories and .... voila! The Acaeum was great. People seem helpful, and more often than not, can help you out with whatever you're looking for.

I started using "This price range recommended by the D&D collector's website at The Acaeum" or something like to indicate where I got the value, and it seemed to help.

While the classifieds are available for members, I couldn't imagine signing up for somebody's forum just to pump up the attention to my eBay auctions. I don't think I've even (correct me if I'm wrong) posted auctions I've listed to the classifieds section! I will say, though, that I have a pending trade that looks to be really promising....thanks to the web site admin for making classifieds available!

So I guess the long and short of it is that I find it ironic that this guy is peeved and writes a rude auction "clarification" when he obviously just joined the Acaeum to pimp his eBay auctions.

Kind of rude for somebody to do that in the first place, isn't it?

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:06 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:
So I guess the long and short of it is that I find it ironic that this guy is peeved and writes a rude auction "clarification" when he obviously just joined the Acaeum to pimp his eBay auctions.

Kind of rude for somebody to do that in the first place, isn't it?

Bingo! You'd have thought that this place was set up expressedly for this guy to trample all over and use to steal the information and act like it was his own as well as join the forum with the sole puprose of us also giving him our money.  "Well, thanks for joining the forum here we are so glad that you could honor us with your royal presence".  

I guess it just awes me sometimes how selfish and self centered some people in this world are these days.   I mean I am far from perfect, as a matter of fact I screw up probably more than most, but the fact of the matter is that there a just a lot of people out there who seem to think that everyone else in the world is there to serve them and them alone.  Frankly, that type of attitude is getting old and it really pisses me off.

Last edited by bclarkie on Thu May 03, 2007 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:06 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

I guess I am just not seeing the "I did it myself once a long time ago, so somehow that justifies it" defense.  But it seems to me that this guy is intent on proving me right.  Look at the addition:

That's exactly how I act when I am someone says that I am wrong. :roll:

Guess you dont have to worry about it anymore....he is taking down all of his posts.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:10 pm 

Wow, what an idiot.

This is just more evidence that the Classifieds section should be closed to anyone with fewer than a certain number of posts in other threads (say, 10 or so).

And what is it with people who just have to have the last word on the internet ... ?  :?

Our latest forums spammer wrote:Oh, since I used the descriptions of these items from a web site, guess I need to include that website's name here... I think the people at that website wet their pants when I forgot to mention their name (and I am sorry, but I'll close my account since I thought everyone had to be over 13 to even join the site... I must be wrong)

The Acaeum

Visit that website and check prices on items and don't spend more than you should on an item.

Oh, and be sure to read the nasty things they post about new users that try and use the "Classified" Forums they setup for people to use.

Nice speech, genius.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:14 pm 

I removed all posts in your classifieds... I only logged in here and posted since someone suggested that if I had D&D items to sell, I should join and post here in the classifieds.. obviously I got wrong information.

As to using the descriptions that were posted here on this site, I always search the internet and find descriptions somewhere and use them rather than retype something... it saves time...

I have never had Intel, SuperMicro, Seagate, TSR, Marvel, or any other site, company, person or otherwise get all whacked out of shape for using a description off of their website.

As someone mentioned, a PM or even and email would have brought it to my attention that I had pissed off someone.

You are the ones that put me on the "Shady Dealer" list with no cause, kinda like accusing someone of something they didn't do or making them guilty until proven innocent....

In any case, while I appreciate the site and it's contents for research to know what I have, I can see that the people are not worth the bother and I am sorry to have bothered you.

I do not need login access to review the contents of the site that I have reviewed for years without being a member, so please remove my account, as I will have no use for it as I have never had any use to login in the past.

Thanx for your time, all future ebay sales of mine will list your site due to your overwhelming impression you have made.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:25 pm 

Geez. He wasn't kidding....from a new auction he just posted -

---------------

"I don't think the below applies to this auction, but I wouldn't want to get more people over at The Acaeum upset for using a description from their website, besides, I pay for these ebay listing to promote them.

Oh, since I used the descriptions of these items from a web site, guess I need to include that website's name here... I think the people at that website wet their pants when I forgot to mention their name (and I am sorry, but I'll close my account since I thought everyone had to be over 13 to even join the site... I must be wrong)

The Acaeum

Visit that website and check prices on items and don't spend more than you should on an item.

Oh, and be sure to read the nasty things they post about new users that try and use the "Classified" Forums they setup for people to use"

-----------------------------

This statement taken from an auction by eBay seller douglaswrhea. Have to give credit where credit is due  :D

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 109 of 112123 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110111112