Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 106 of 112123 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 110111112
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:33 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Maybe it's his brother! :D

Now, now, let's not jump to conclusions!  It could be his sister.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:07 pm 

I stand corrected. You know me, Mr. PC.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:09 am 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Ian, are you still sure the one that you bought from this guy is legit?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:50 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Ian, are you still sure the one that you bought from this guy is legit?

yeah this is one of the reasons i havent pursued these and i want them pretty bad. just dont trust it all.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:56 am 

I'm thinking of bidding.   8O   I like this guy's style...all balls.  

I am also thinking of asking him for 3 to 5 extra copies.

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:49 am 

Hi,

I won a couple of item on Ebay, sold by an active member on this forum.
Postage costs were £7.00 ($14).

Items arrived this morning. Marked postage costs were £2.30
Items were wrapped in bubble wrap and paper i.e. unlikely to have cost £4.70

Is it polite to post this persons ID as a slightly shady seller?

Cheers,
Malcolm

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:32 am 

Hi Malcolm -

Have you tried sending him a message, asking about the postage? It could be a simple oversight, and he will happily refund the difference. In the past I've had similar circumstances (not with forum mebers) where the actual postage was much less than that charged. I always message the seller, asking if it was intended that way, and in 2 out of 3 times the seller has apologiged and sent an appropriate refund.

If you don't get a satisfactory response, name and shame.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:54 am 

lawrenson wrote:Hi,

I won a couple of item on Ebay, sold by an active member on this forum.
Postage costs were £7.00 ($14).

Items arrived this morning. Marked postage costs were £2.30
Items were wrapped in bubble wrap and paper i.e. unlikely to have cost £4.70

Is it polite to post this persons ID as a slightly shady seller?

Cheers,
Malcolm

seems a bit steep malc *checks it wasnt me*.....

did the auctions show these rates?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:13 am 

Hi,

nah, wasnt you, tho you do have a couple of items instore I that I wouldnt mind trading :)

To be fair, the costs were exactly as advertised, tho he didnt knock anything off for combining them (and one was 2 sheets of A4 paper so wasnt exactly heavy when added to the box set which I bought).

I'm not particulary p*ssed, but the difference in the 2 costs is just enough to grate a bit (hence "slightly" shady, as opposed to blaggard :)  ).

Cheers,
Malcolm

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:36 am 

lawrenson wrote:Hi,

nah, wasnt you, tho you do have a couple of items instore I that I wouldnt mind trading :)

To be fair, the costs were exactly as advertised, tho he didnt knock anything off for combining them (and one was 2 sheets of A4 paper so wasnt exactly heavy when added to the box set which I bought).

I'm not particulary p*ssed, but the difference in the 2 costs is just enough to grate a bit (hence "slightly" shady, as opposed to blaggard :)  ).

Cheers,
Malcolm

i've actually had that on ebay before. i had the guy say to me "if you asked for the items to be combined i would have done. as you didnt, i invoiced as it was, so hard luck, your loss!"

go figure that.

what made it worse was at the time, he had bought a fair few items off me, which i indeed combined very fairly for him, which i noted to him. thats prb why it pissed me off so much.

fwiw. i would try and resolve privately. if it aint gonna resolve then mention in open forum if you feel you should.

as for trades, pm me about it if you wanna malc and we can take it from there.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:00 am 

I was going to start a "Most Outrageous Shipping Price" strand yesterday...but the two things I got in the mail turned out to not be as big of a ripoff as I thought....very reasonable, in fact.

Shipping ripoffs are now part and parcel of Ebay shopping.  Among game items, at least, most sellers have to recoup their costs somewhere...and the shipping price is one thing they both control and do not have to share.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, I am now in the habit of conducting an Ebay search....and then scrolling down the listings looking at shipping prices.  That was not a plan...it just happened because of the current Ebay environment.

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:53 am 

FormCritic wrote:I was going to start a "Most Outrageous Shipping Price" strand yesterday...but the two things I got in the mail turned out to not be as big of a ripoff as I thought....very reasonable, in fact.

Shipping ripoffs are now part and parcel of Ebay shopping.  Among game items, at least, most sellers have to recoup their costs somewhere...and the shipping price is one thing they both control and do not have to share.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, I am now in the habit of conducting an Ebay search....and then scrolling down the listings looking at shipping prices.  That was not a plan...it just happened because of the current Ebay environment.

Mark

I order almost all my music off half.com.....you get molested on the shipping, but you just have to factor it in to the cost of the item nowadays...

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:57 am 

I was going to start a "Most Outrageous Shipping Price" strand yesterday...but the two things I got in the mail turned out to not be as big of a ripoff as I thought....very reasonable, in fact.

Mark

While we are on the topic of shipping here's a situation that ticked me off a little.  This seller, agelessartistry, had listed a number of items at a $1 start bid and a $5 stated shipping rate.  The seller didn't mention combined shipping on multiple wins nor did I ask.  As luck would have it I won 4 of the items and they never bid up beyond the $1 start price.  I asked if the seller would combine the shipping.  The seller said yes but wanted to come up with a "fair" amount.  My suggestion was to charge the stated rate for the 1st item, plus $1 or so for each additional item won.  The seller came back and ended up charging me $17 claiming it would cost something like $13 to ship.  You can probably see where this is going and in fact when I received the package it was shipped media mail with postage of something like $4 on the label.  Obviously the seller was disgruntled by the auction amount so they decided to take it out on shipping.  I didn't want to pursue the issue over what amounted to a few dollars but I certainly won't be shopping with this seller if they intend to remain in this market.  I posted the user ID above so if anyone wants to buy from this seller I suggest you get any combined rates quoted up front.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:00 am 

Does this ever happen to anyone else here? I have to say that this kind of shit really pisses me off more than anything. Sure it irritates me to see illegal PDF's....or photos lifted directly from this site. However, when it's your own listing...grrrrr!!! :evil:

Seems to happen to me whenever I have an item that does very well. Here's the latest example...

My listing:

Ass Hole's listing:

He's even done a cut and paste job on the condition as well!!  :evil:  :evil:

I always report these to Ebay, but you know how they are...sometimes it comes down and sometimes it doesn't. A-hole's been notified as well, but that usually does nothing as well.

Thanks for letting me blow off some steam...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:48 am 

note he is also discouraging folk quite a bit NOT to pay by paypal

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:23 am 

I'm just wondering about this auction:

The small picture of the item doesn't match the big picture - different logo on the box.  Makes me wondering if the pictures for his auctions are the actual items or not.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:23 am 

Just recently had some transactions with Cougy."Man" the Acaeum was not wrong he is most definately the most ignorant self centered dishonest and arrogant man i have ever met.Stay tuned for some highly amusing Cougy "threat" emails.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:00 pm 

Mars wrote:I'm just wondering about this auction:

The small picture of the item doesn't match the big picture - different logo on the box.  Makes me wondering if the pictures for his auctions are the actual items or not.

Is it my imagination or was the picture changed?

A Wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 106 of 112123 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 110111112