Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 105 of 112123 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 110111112
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:52 pm 

Well here is what he paid for them:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

He even used the pics from this listing in his, just flipped them around!

So if your interested then look at this auction for a better description.

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:35 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Cpome on, he has no $500 offer. Bag of bullshit. And IF he did, then trying to squeak out a few extra bucks by going through the crap of listing and relisting is the mark of a wanker or a hammerhead. Or both.

This guy just needs to hang a handwritten sign around his neck that says "Tool" and let it go.  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:48 am 

Badmike wrote:This guy just needs to hang a handwritten sign around his neck that says "Tool" and let it go.

It went away and came back, this time with a $600 opening bid and $12 s/h:

. . . http://cgi.ebay.com/1-43-1-432-AirPower ... 0099516874

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:31 pm 

Having trouble getting reply from Troll & Toad. They listed a mono with a 1st printing pic, and I'm pretty sure it's stated as a stock picture. However, I asked for some confirmation of the actual item being sold. No answer. I suspect it's not a 1st printing. I particularly dislike sellers using 1st print stock pics for non-1st print items. Some folks should know better.

Edit:
Did receive a reply, and while it's not a 1st print as I suspected at least he replied. I did tell him I didn't like the stock photo. Whether that makes any difference remains to be seen!

Last edited by brute on Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:28 pm 

Check out the ruby red spectacle here:

eBay Feedback Profile for jotoge_games

Out in a blaze of glory :?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:10 pm 

Looks like the seller had a nervous breakdown or something.

What I think are more interesting are the few green positives speckaled among the tide of recent red feedback bombs.   8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:44 pm 

I like the 'bad seller you have become' feedback - f*** me Yodas been buying miniatures!! :lol:

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:17 pm 

Howdy,

These negatives are probably this guy's eulogy.

Imagine if a seller just up and dies with his eBay store or long-term buy-it-now listings lingering behind with automatic invoicing. Sort of like what happened to Jamey Price of the Digital Dragon - at least his brother tried make things right in that case.

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:58 pm 

The Collector's Trove wrote:Howdy,

These negatives are probably this guy's eulogy.

Imagine if a seller just up and dies with his eBay store or long-term buy-it-now listings lingering behind with automatic invoicing. Sort of like what happened to Jamey Price of the Digital Dragon - at least his brother tried make things right in that case.

Futures Bright,

Paul

If I kick it suddenly I could see this happening...days or maybe weeks until my store gets shut down, and a bunch of pissed off buyers out there that already sent their paypal payment without any input from me.

Mik eB.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:02 am 

The Collector's Trove wrote:These negatives are probably this guy's eulogy.

Paul

Could well be - something has obviously gone wrong somewhere.

This and Badmikes post got me thinking about it. Now I love buying and selling on ebay and I check in here most every day BUT in real terms it is not life and death is it? I can think of lots of different scenarios which would mean that going on line would not be any kind of priority to me. (You know what I mean - the ones that make you want to go and give the wife and kids a reassuring hug just to make yourself feel better).

On a (vaguely) similar note I once got stiffed on an auction for a half dozen Traveller books - Sent a cheque (no paypal on this one) and then never heard anything at all, and the cheque never got cashed. Frustrating but not the end of the world, I didn't even bother to leave feedback. Three months later the lady whose auction it was called me up, apologised, and told me what had happened (a good reason) and asked if I still wanted the books. As a matter of good faith she even posted them to me before I sent the cheque. I guess it just goes to show :wink:

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:14 pm 

Farnk, whilte we are kicking each other in the nuts here out in public, why don't you explain to everyone ion the forum here why you like to bid on your brother's auctions so much?

eBay Feedback Profile for ydiduwrite0hqn

I mean, I know you said that shilling is wrong and disavowed it all a few years ago, but how come you keep shilling your brothers auctions?

From the past here:

Kuo 3:16

Some questions about auctions in general

I knew I should have reported to Ebay you back when I had the chance. :x

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:18 pm 

God am I loving Ebay more and more.  Just so you can't deny anything, Almost 2 years ago and this auction is still up:

4559031170 | eBay

And the sellers instrucions at the bottom of the listing:

you have any questions about the helmet please email me at [email protected]. If you have zero feedback please email me before you bid to let me know you are serious. Please feel confident as I have sold several items on ebay and have only positive feedback. I will only sell nice items on ebay so the buyer can get very clean stuff

Hmmm Joe Farris, how coincidental that your last name Frank is also Farris and he also lives in New Hampshire.   Interesting..... and bids in just last 6 months on several of his items??? I guess shilling still isn't that bad in your mind after all. I just wonder how many other people that you have bidding on your auctions trying to jack up the price Frank? Hmmm...

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:39 pm 

I thought the definition of shilling was pushing up a bid, not WINNING a bid. Sorry, I'll adjust my line of thinking. Shame on me for winning his $100+ items in order to leave him positive feedback and get him started on eBay. I swear I will never help a noobie again.
I tossed around whether or not to post the PDF, until I was pointed to an old thread you wrote about that very item, questioning the morality of selling it. I would have thought you would mention the fact that it was freely available in the auction. I can see asking a fee for the printing and binding, but not mentioning it at all is somewhat deceptive, no?
truth to tell, I didn't even realize straightaway that it was your auction. I was initially amused at the fact that my own printed copy of Gallery was sitting on my study desk when I pulled up the auction. Sorry if I ruined your day.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:03 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:I thought the definition of shilling was pushing up a bid, not WINNING a bid. Sorry, I'll adjust my line of thinking. Shame on me for winning his $100+ items in order to leave him positive feedback and get him started on eBay. I swear I will never help a noobie again.
I tossed around whether or not to post the PDF, until I was pointed to an old thread you wrote about that very item, questioning the morality of selling it. I would have thought you would mention the fact that it was freely available in the auction. I can see asking a fee for the printing and binding, but not mentioning it at all is somewhat deceptive, no?
truth to tell, I didn't even realize straightaway that it was your auction. I was initially amused at the fact that my own printed copy of Gallery was sitting on my study desk when I pulled up the auction. Sorry if I ruined your day.

Sometimes the shilling goes wrong and people do not take the bait.And then you partner in crime gets stuck with an unwanted auction win!
(not speaking from experience here)

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:41 pm 

Mars wrote:I've been watching this seller try and sell these planes:

This is his 3rd attempt.  The first auction ended at $150 with reserve not met.  Shortly after the 2nd auction started he added the I have a collector willing to buy these for $500+ BS, that auction ended at $150 also and surprise surprise, they have been listed for a 3rd time.  What happened to the collector willing to buy them for $500+?

I inquired and asked why he didn't sell them and his response was that he bought them for over $650.  The third listing again started at $0.99 with a reserve but I see he has at least changed the starting price to $600.

His SHIPPING price has changed to $600.00 with a $.99 auction price.
What a joke.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:10 pm 

argyrebasin wrote:

His SHIPPING price has changed to $600.00 with a $.99 auction price.
What a joke.

Looks like he got a sucker to bid:

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:00 am 

We should all pool our Axis & Allies aircraft and make millions!!!

Our auctions will even have Aircraft Carriers for the fighter planes :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:13 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:

Looks like he got a sucker to bid:

Looks like his strategy wasn't too illogical...it worked. 8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 105 of 112123 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 110111112