Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 105 of 112123 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:36 pm 

Last time was suppose to be the last time.  I see the seller has now changed the starting bid again and no reserve this time either.  I put in a bid so he can't change the auction terms anymore.

EDIT:  I just noticed that the seller has put a $600 shipping and handling fee on the auction.  Time to report.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:12 pm 

Mars wrote:Last time was suppose to be the last time.  I see the seller has now changed the starting bid again and no reserve this time either.  I put in a bid so he can't change the auction terms anymore.

EDIT:  I just noticed that the seller has put a $600 shipping and handling fee on the auction.  Time to report.

Mark. That's the US shipping fee. It's fair to assume that the seller will have a reasonable shipping cost to people outside the US as he has not disclosed anything to the contrary.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:20 pm 

Yeah, $600 shipping and a 99-cent opener ... it's like the textbook example of eBay fee avoidance. I'll be reporting this one as soon as I'm done typing here.

+++++

I'm also sort of embarrassed that this seller and I share the same hometown. But I suppose there's nothing I can do about that ... :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:38 pm 

The outright refusal of some sellers to ackowledge that their items aren't going to sell for what they think they should always makes me laugh. It all comes down to one hard fact of life on eBay: you cannot make people bid on your stuff.

Generally speaking, it's worth noting that the entire market for any item is not online in any given week, let alone any given month. Maybe after 3 months or something, you might want to call it a day.. though that doesn't mean you should start lowering the opening price. One may well prefer to keep the item instead.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:50 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Mark. That's the US shipping fee. It's fair to assume that the seller will have a reasonable shipping cost to people outside the US as he has not disclosed anything to the contrary.

The seller changed this one around a few times.  First it was $0.99 with a reserve, then $600 start with no reserve, then $0.99 start and no reserve but $600 shipping and handling.

I had asked about shipping the first time the auction was listed and sent the seller an email saying I'm glad that I received the quote from before since he was charging a huge amount now.  His response:

"The shipping will be $600 or the minium bid will be 600 your choice."

I see he has cancelled the auction now though.  I'm still interested to see if Ebay will do anything about it.  I reported him for fee avoidance and for having something that says he won't sell it unless he likes the price - otherwise he'll sell it to a third party collector outside of Ebay.

EDIT:  It is now relisted again with a starting price of $600.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:53 pm 

I've been watching this seller try and sell these planes:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

This is his 3rd attempt.  The first auction ended at $150 with reserve not met.  Shortly after the 2nd auction started he added the I have a collector willing to buy these for $500+ BS, that auction ended at $150 also and surprise surprise, they have been listed for a 3rd time.  What happened to the collector willing to buy them for $500+?

With all the listing fees this guy has accrued by now maybe he should take the $500+ offer.  What a joke.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:59 pm 

Cpome on, he has no $500 offer. Bag of bullshit. And IF he did, then trying to squeak out a few extra bucks by going through the crap of listing and relisting is the mark of a wanker or a hammerhead. Or both.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:46 pm 

Some of the fighters and bombers sure look an awful lot like those from Axis & Allies. Also sounds like he got porked from when he bought them and is bitter from the fact that he did get porked. Did he buy them from the coug?   :lol:

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:52 pm 

Well here is what he paid for them:

He even used the pics from this listing in his, just flipped them around!

So if your interested then look at this auction for a better description.

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:35 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Cpome on, he has no $500 offer. Bag of bullshit. And IF he did, then trying to squeak out a few extra bucks by going through the crap of listing and relisting is the mark of a wanker or a hammerhead. Or both.

This guy just needs to hang a handwritten sign around his neck that says "Tool" and let it go.  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:48 am 

Badmike wrote:This guy just needs to hang a handwritten sign around his neck that says "Tool" and let it go.

It went away and came back, this time with a $600 opening bid and $12 s/h:

. . .  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:31 pm 

Having trouble getting reply from Troll & Toad. They listed a mono with a 1st printing pic, and I'm pretty sure it's stated as a stock picture. However, I asked for some confirmation of the actual item being sold. No answer. I suspect it's not a 1st printing. I particularly dislike sellers using 1st print stock pics for non-1st print items. Some folks should know better.

Edit:
Did receive a reply, and while it's not a 1st print as I suspected at least he replied. I did tell him I didn't like the stock photo. Whether that makes any difference remains to be seen!

Last edited by brute on Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:28 pm 

Check out the ruby red spectacle here:

eBay Feedback Profile for jotoge_games

Out in a blaze of glory :?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:10 pm 

Looks like the seller had a nervous breakdown or something.

What I think are more interesting are the few green positives speckaled among the tide of recent red feedback bombs.   8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:44 pm 

I like the 'bad seller you have become' feedback - f*** me Yodas been buying miniatures!! :lol:

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:17 pm 

Howdy,

These negatives are probably this guy's eulogy.

Imagine if a seller just up and dies with his eBay store or long-term buy-it-now listings lingering behind with automatic invoicing. Sort of like what happened to Jamey Price of the Digital Dragon - at least his brother tried make things right in that case.

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:58 pm 

The Collector's Trove wrote:Howdy,

These negatives are probably this guy's eulogy.

Imagine if a seller just up and dies with his eBay store or long-term buy-it-now listings lingering behind with automatic invoicing. Sort of like what happened to Jamey Price of the Digital Dragon - at least his brother tried make things right in that case.

Futures Bright,

Paul

If I kick it suddenly I could see this happening...days or maybe weeks until my store gets shut down, and a bunch of pissed off buyers out there that already sent their paypal payment without any input from me.

Mik eB.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:02 am 

The Collector's Trove wrote:These negatives are probably this guy's eulogy.

Paul

Could well be - something has obviously gone wrong somewhere.

This and Badmikes post got me thinking about it. Now I love buying and selling on ebay and I check in here most every day BUT in real terms it is not life and death is it? I can think of lots of different scenarios which would mean that going on line would not be any kind of priority to me. (You know what I mean - the ones that make you want to go and give the wife and kids a reassuring hug just to make yourself feel better).

On a (vaguely) similar note I once got stiffed on an auction for a half dozen Traveller books - Sent a cheque (no paypal on this one) and then never heard anything at all, and the cheque never got cashed. Frustrating but not the end of the world, I didn't even bother to leave feedback. Three months later the lady whose auction it was called me up, apologised, and told me what had happened (a good reason) and asked if I still wanted the books. As a matter of good faith she even posted them to me before I sent the cheque. I guess it just goes to show :wink:

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 105 of 112123 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 110111112