Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 104 of 112123 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:47 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:WIPE!  :D

Oh I see, so you are right no matter what then.  If I responded negatively, I was proving you right because I was just regurgitating the same nonsense that Coug always does.  However, if I did agree with what you said than you were right also.  That's pretty sweet, the catch-22 to ensure you are right.  Like I said above, whatever.

JohnGaunt wrote:I definitely feel sorry for their financial losses and negative feedback.  They got screwed.  And Cougar will continue to screw people whenever he can.

But how would you like to be Cougar? Or live with him?  Or be his probably non-existent child Freya?  How screwed up is he and his family?

Personally, I really don't care about Cougar and his family. He will get whatever is coming to him in this life or the next.  What I do care about is the fact that he continually screws people over and gets away with it.  For you to compare his daily thieving antics and the the people of this site's  response to these antics is flat out crap.  

That's just like saying a store owner should not get upset and try to do something about someone who keeps breaking into his/her store, because if they do then they are just lowering themselves to the level of the thieves by getting angry, reporting it to the police and continually trying to get the person arrested.  Yeah that works.  :?

JohnGaunt wrote:I've been an assh*le for years, and I'm slowly getting my life fixed.  Cougar . . . he's got to be a real piece of work.  I just recognize certain traits in da Coug (ego, anger, and selfishness for starters) that have f*cked my life up.

Even if that is the case, I am not sure what that has to do with the fact that we get upset at the BS Cougar pulls with other people on a daily basis.  Are you seriously trying to say that because you recognize traits in Cougar that you used to see in yourself is a reason to just let it pass?  

Once again does this mean that we should just forgive and forget all of the rapists, murders and crooks in the world because we all share some of the same traits as them?  I don't get it if that is the case, and for some reason I don't think I ever will.  I guess that makes me Cougar like then, because I get upset at thieves and their antics,  huh?

I can't even believe that I am having this discussion. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:09 pm 

bclarkie wrote:  

It's like talking to StSG isn't it?

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:15 pm 

The Missus did some research.

Cougar facts (allegedly):

1 he used to live in a shared house with a woman who is possibly his girlfriend, and 2 other couples, for a number of years
. He didnt appear to kill them, or drive them mad.

2 he regularly gamed with ppl allegedly "good" - they won prizes at UK Gencon

3  he moved not that long ago to a reasonably expensive house (sold in 2005 for £221k) with said possible girlfriend

4 he was at one time a C programmer

5 I know quite a lot of ppl in the rpg world in the UK, and have never heard of him at a Convention

6 he knows he overcharges for postage on ebay. His postage rates were considerably different for his distribution list items (does he still run this?) and when questioned, he said the extra was to cover Ebay fees etc.

7 the Missus wouldnt pay any money for any info - its free stuff that can be found on the Net.

Anyone else care to dig up any Cougar-facts?

Cheers,
malcolm

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:49 pm 

bclarkie wrote:  

Even if that is the case, I am not sure what that has to do with the fact that we get upset at the BS Cougar pulls with other people on a daily basis.  Are you seriously trying to say that because you recognize traits in Cougar that you used to see in yourself is a reason to just let it pass?  

Once again does this mean that we should just forgive and forget all of the rapists, murders and crooks in the world because we all share some of the same traits as them?  I don't get it if that is the case, and for some reason I don't think I ever will.  I guess that makes me Cougar like then, because I get upset at thieves and their antics,  huh?

Err, I think JG was just saying he feels SORRY for the piece of crap known as Cougie...because such a miserable human being must be miserable inside, as well as making his family, those around him, (I won't say friends, he might not have any), and his buyers miserable.  I don't think JG meant to give Coug a pass there....
  I detest Coug but I could see it moving into disgust and pity if he ever offered even the modcium of human emotion and ethics to his dealings.  I'm going to extrapolate from JG's comments, in the terms of everyone has a bit of Coug inside them, it's up to us to suppress the urge to be an asshole.  Luckily most of us succeed most of the time.  Coug never succeeds any of the time....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:52 pm 

Help me with this--someone who is on ebay as a seller--how long does it take to put one listing together for an item up on ebay?  And is there any difference when it is multiple items going on sale on the same day?

I wonder because, when someone suggested Cougie might just be a cover for a machine writing out the feedback, it would explain how Cougie can sell 30-40+ items every day on average for 12 months (Lord only knows how many items are posted for sale every day!!) :!:  :idea:

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:05 pm 

Well, as you've probably guessed, most active eBay sellers use a template (or perhaps many templates). This is an obvious way to cut down on typing repetitive information.

But Cougie, though ... well, he's taken the template concept to its limit. He uses a craptastic plain-text template, never updates it (weren't those Royal Mail changes like in 2002 or 2003?), calls every single thing "VGC," and just types in a one-line description at the top. He puts no effort whatsoever into actually making good listings. So, basically, it's just wash-rinse-repeat ... over and over again ... into eternity.

I think Cougie does have some machine-like qualities to him, and this is one of them. He just types those one-line descriptions until his fingers get sore, then throws them up on eBay as quickly as his pistons and gears allow him to.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:58 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Well, as you've probably guessed, most active eBay sellers use a template (or perhaps many templates). This is an obvious way to cut down on typing repetitive information.

But Cougie, though ... well, he's taken the template concept to its limit. He uses a craptastic plain-text template, never updates it (weren't those Royal Mail changes like in 2002 or 2003?), calls every single thing "VGC," and just types in a one-line description at the top. He puts no effort whatsoever into actually making good listings. So, basically, it's just wash-rinse-repeat ... over and over again ... into eternity.

I think Cougie does have some machine-like qualities to him, and this is one of them. He just types those one-line descriptions until his fingers get sore, then throws them up on eBay as quickly as his pistons and gears allow him to.

It requires little effort to do what Coug does...basically list the exact same item over and over and change a couple of words.  Unfortunately myself and good sellers like me take our time to write accurate descriptions and change out our photos/scans from time to time.
BTW, I love how Cougies template items are even in different fonts...it would take like, what, 1 second to make all the fonts in the description the same? Sheesh.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:59 am 

Badmike wrote:Err, I think JG was just saying he feels SORRY for the piece of crap known as Cougie...because such a miserable human being must be miserable inside, as well as making his family, those around him, (I won't say friends, he might not have any), and his buyers miserable.  I don't think JG meant to give Coug a pass there....

Thanks, Mike.  My original words were

JohnGaunt wrote:I'm not defending da Coug, but I do feel sorry for him and his immediate family.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:38 am 

jasonw1239 wrote:Maybe where he is from "sealed" is the equivalent of "rogered by a dog"  :P

Maybe "sealed" means "rogered by a seal."   :lol:

"We were put on this Earth to fart around."
                            - Kurt Vonnegut

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:01 am 

The "Rare" rubber bouncing cougy 144 page VGC Deities & Demigods
has been relisted for about the fifth time...he keeps getting it bounced back to him because of the condition its in.No prizes for guessing the
reserve price.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

"VGC . - THE RARE CTHULHU VERSION WITH 144 PAGES cover slightly worn but good for its age. HAS BLACK/PURPLE INK/PAINT ON BACK, BUT NOT ON TEXT AND ONLY ON DARK BLUE PICTURES OF REVERSE COVER SO NOT REALLY AN ISSUE? JUST MENTIONING IT TOP SAVE ANY COMBACKS" Classic First Edition Cougy!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:43 pm 

I've been watching this seller try and sell these planes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0098730469

This is his 3rd attempt.  The first auction ended at $150 with reserve not met.  Shortly after the 2nd auction started he added the I have a collector willing to buy these for $500+ BS, that auction ended at $150 also and surprise surprise, they have been listed for a 3rd time.  What happened to the collector willing to buy them for $500+?

I inquired and asked why he didn't sell them and his response was that he bought them for over $650.  The third listing again started at $0.99 with a reserve but I see he has at least changed the starting price to $600.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:22 pm 

The outright refusal of some sellers to ackowledge that their items aren't going to sell for what they think they should always makes me laugh. It all comes down to one hard fact of life on eBay: you cannot make people bid on your stuff.

I was wondering why this guy was being spotlighted in the "shady" thread until I saw the line about the "more than $500 offer" (not to mention the "last time on eBay" line). What a load of crap.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:36 pm 

Last time was suppose to be the last time.  I see the seller has now changed the starting bid again and no reserve this time either.  I put in a bid so he can't change the auction terms anymore.

EDIT:  I just noticed that the seller has put a $600 shipping and handling fee on the auction.  Time to report.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:12 pm 

Mars wrote:Last time was suppose to be the last time.  I see the seller has now changed the starting bid again and no reserve this time either.  I put in a bid so he can't change the auction terms anymore.

EDIT:  I just noticed that the seller has put a $600 shipping and handling fee on the auction.  Time to report.

Mark. That's the US shipping fee. It's fair to assume that the seller will have a reasonable shipping cost to people outside the US as he has not disclosed anything to the contrary.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:20 pm 

Yeah, $600 shipping and a 99-cent opener ... it's like the textbook example of eBay fee avoidance. I'll be reporting this one as soon as I'm done typing here.

+++++

I'm also sort of embarrassed that this seller and I share the same hometown. But I suppose there's nothing I can do about that ... :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:38 pm 

The outright refusal of some sellers to ackowledge that their items aren't going to sell for what they think they should always makes me laugh. It all comes down to one hard fact of life on eBay: you cannot make people bid on your stuff.

Generally speaking, it's worth noting that the entire market for any item is not online in any given week, let alone any given month. Maybe after 3 months or something, you might want to call it a day.. though that doesn't mean you should start lowering the opening price. One may well prefer to keep the item instead.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:50 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Mark. That's the US shipping fee. It's fair to assume that the seller will have a reasonable shipping cost to people outside the US as he has not disclosed anything to the contrary.

The seller changed this one around a few times.  First it was $0.99 with a reserve, then $600 start with no reserve, then $0.99 start and no reserve but $600 shipping and handling.

I had asked about shipping the first time the auction was listed and sent the seller an email saying I'm glad that I received the quote from before since he was charging a huge amount now.  His response:

"The shipping will be $600 or the minium bid will be 600 your choice."

I see he has cancelled the auction now though.  I'm still interested to see if Ebay will do anything about it.  I reported him for fee avoidance and for having something that says he won't sell it unless he likes the price - otherwise he'll sell it to a third party collector outside of Ebay.

EDIT:  It is now relisted again with a starting price of $600.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:53 pm 

I've been watching this seller try and sell these planes:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

This is his 3rd attempt.  The first auction ended at $150 with reserve not met.  Shortly after the 2nd auction started he added the I have a collector willing to buy these for $500+ BS, that auction ended at $150 also and surprise surprise, they have been listed for a 3rd time.  What happened to the collector willing to buy them for $500+?

With all the listing fees this guy has accrued by now maybe he should take the $500+ offer.  What a joke.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 104 of 112123 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 110111112