Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 104 of 112123 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 110111112
Author

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1295
Joined: Nov 06, 2002
Last Visit: May 14, 2013
Location: Essex, UK

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:55 pm 
 

Thats weird. it doesn't appear to be in VGC

Cheers,
malcolm

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:02 pm 
 

Xaxaxe wrote:Only Cougie would throw a miniature into a scanner and think everything would work out okay.

Hey, genius: try a digital camera!

+++++

Also, that listing has nothing to do with D&D; the figure is from the Zombies boardgame. In fact, an entire set of 100 female zombie figures is available for about $8.

Funagain Games: Zombies!!!: bag o' Babes!!!

But, once again, typical CougLander: take an item, represent it as something it's not, slap a ridiculous price on it, and hope for a sucker.


Maybe we really need to give some thought to asylum's feedback he wrote for the Coug:

asylum-books-and-games wrote:Human or a failed, word-generating AI? I've read better spam than this drivel!!!


I mean Coug does this kind of crap all the time and he is so predictable and stupid, it almost gives me the impression that he isn't really a human being at all. Maybe he is infact just a badly programmed machine that someone invented to take care of their Ebay business while they are off elsewhere doing other things.  I am being 100% honest here too.

Seriously, what human being do you know that does this kind of stuff?  He is so freaking predicatable that its really machine like.  I mean the feedback he leaves(both positive and negative), the listings all with everything being in VGC with no other description, the fact that he scans everything regardless of what it is, etc. etc. Its almost like you press a button you get a pre-generated response. You press it again you get a seperate but almost identical repsonse.  You press a different button, you get a different action. You press it again, again you get a sperate but almost identical response as the first time that you pressed it.

Its all just so weird, it really makes one wonder what the heck is going on there.  Its as if he is devoid of the mental capability to react to stimuli in anything other than a predetermined manor. Its really almost like he's(its?) not human at all. :?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2332
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 27, 2017
Location: Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:41 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:I mean Coug does this kind of crap all the time and he is so predicatable and stupid, it almost gives me the impression that he isn't really a human being at all.

bclarkie wrote:Seriously, what human being do you know that does this kind of stuff?  He is so freaking predicatable that its really machine like.

We respond to Coug's actions with a similarly machinelike quality --- we initially poke fun and then rage at him.  Is what Coug does predictable and what we do consistent?

I'm not defending da Coug, but I do feel sorry for him and his immediate family.

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:47 pm 
 

JohnGaunt wrote:We respond to Coug's actions with a similarly machinelike quality --- we initially poke fun and then rage at him.  Is what Coug does predictable and what we do consistent?

I'm not defending da Coug, but I do feel sorry for him and his immediate family.

I have got to say that I disagree, but whatever.

Question for you though. Do you also feel sorry for all those people out there who Cougar stole both their money and/or their product?

*shrugs*

I mean you are the one with the cougar-innards ID... :?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2332
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 27, 2017
Location: Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:48 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:I have got to say that I disagree, but whatever.

WIPE!   :D

bclarkie wrote:Question for you though. Do you also feel sorry for all those people out there who Cougar stole both their money and/or their product?

I definitely feel sorry for their financial losses and negative feedback.  They got screwed.  And Cougar will continue to screw people whenever he can.

But how would you like to be Cougar? Or live with him?  Or be his probably non-existent child Freya?  How screwed up is he and his family?

I've been an assh*le for years, and I'm slowly getting my life fixed.  Cougar . . . he's got to be a real piece of work.  I just recognize certain traits in da Coug (ego, anger, and selfishness for starters) that have f*cked my life up.

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 169
Joined: Nov 20, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2015
Location: Berkeley California

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:24 pm 
 

Thinking about Cougar's machine-like qualities, obssessivenss about feedback, and repetitiveness, I started to wonder whether he's possibly borderline autistic or has Asperger's Syndrome?  

Not that that excuses anything.  I know a couple of Asperger's sufferers; they'd rather chew tinfoil than treat anyone the way Cougar seems to treat his customers .

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:47 pm 
 

JohnGaunt wrote:WIPE!  :D
 

Oh I see, so you are right no matter what then.  If I responded negatively, I was proving you right because I was just regurgitating the same nonsense that Coug always does.  However, if I did agree with what you said than you were right also.  That's pretty sweet, the catch-22 to ensure you are right.  Like I said above, whatever.

JohnGaunt wrote:I definitely feel sorry for their financial losses and negative feedback.  They got screwed.  And Cougar will continue to screw people whenever he can.

But how would you like to be Cougar? Or live with him?  Or be his probably non-existent child Freya?  How screwed up is he and his family?


Personally, I really don't care about Cougar and his family. He will get whatever is coming to him in this life or the next.  What I do care about is the fact that he continually screws people over and gets away with it.  For you to compare his daily thieving antics and the the people of this site's  response to these antics is flat out crap.  

That's just like saying a store owner should not get upset and try to do something about someone who keeps breaking into his/her store, because if they do then they are just lowering themselves to the level of the thieves by getting angry, reporting it to the police and continually trying to get the person arrested.  Yeah that works.  :?

JohnGaunt wrote:I've been an assh*le for years, and I'm slowly getting my life fixed.  Cougar . . . he's got to be a real piece of work.  I just recognize certain traits in da Coug (ego, anger, and selfishness for starters) that have f*cked my life up.
 

Even if that is the case, I am not sure what that has to do with the fact that we get upset at the BS Cougar pulls with other people on a daily basis.  Are you seriously trying to say that because you recognize traits in Cougar that you used to see in yourself is a reason to just let it pass?  

Once again does this mean that we should just forgive and forget all of the rapists, murders and crooks in the world because we all share some of the same traits as them?  I don't get it if that is the case, and for some reason I don't think I ever will.  I guess that makes me Cougar like then, because I get upset at thieves and their antics,  huh?

I can't even believe that I am having this discussion. :?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 772
Joined: Feb 21, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 22, 2018
Location: Spokane, WA

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:09 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:  

I can't even believe that I am having this discussion. :?


It's like talking to StSG isn't it?


"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1295
Joined: Nov 06, 2002
Last Visit: May 14, 2013
Location: Essex, UK

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:15 pm 
 

The Missus did some research.

Cougar facts (allegedly):

1 he used to live in a shared house with a woman who is possibly his girlfriend, and 2 other couples, for a number of years
. He didnt appear to kill them, or drive them mad.

2 he regularly gamed with ppl allegedly "good" - they won prizes at UK Gencon

3  he moved not that long ago to a reasonably expensive house (sold in 2005 for £221k) with said possible girlfriend

4 he was at one time a C programmer

5 I know quite a lot of ppl in the rpg world in the UK, and have never heard of him at a Convention

6 he knows he overcharges for postage on ebay. His postage rates were considerably different for his distribution list items (does he still run this?) and when questioned, he said the extra was to cover Ebay fees etc.

7 the Missus wouldnt pay any money for any info - its free stuff that can be found on the Net.

Anyone else care to dig up any Cougar-facts?

Cheers,
malcolm

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7969
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 01, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:49 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:  

Even if that is the case, I am not sure what that has to do with the fact that we get upset at the BS Cougar pulls with other people on a daily basis.  Are you seriously trying to say that because you recognize traits in Cougar that you used to see in yourself is a reason to just let it pass?  

Once again does this mean that we should just forgive and forget all of the rapists, murders and crooks in the world because we all share some of the same traits as them?  I don't get it if that is the case, and for some reason I don't think I ever will.  I guess that makes me Cougar like then, because I get upset at thieves and their antics,  huh?

I can't even believe that I am having this discussion. :?


Err, I think JG was just saying he feels SORRY for the piece of crap known as Cougie...because such a miserable human being must be miserable inside, as well as making his family, those around him, (I won't say friends, he might not have any), and his buyers miserable.  I don't think JG meant to give Coug a pass there....
  I detest Coug but I could see it moving into disgust and pity if he ever offered even the modcium of human emotion and ethics to his dealings.  I'm going to extrapolate from JG's comments, in the terms of everyone has a bit of Coug inside them, it's up to us to suppress the urge to be an asshole.  Luckily most of us succeed most of the time.  Coug never succeeds any of the time....

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 339
Joined: Sep 09, 2006
Last Visit: Oct 03, 2021
Location: 8000 feet below the summit of Pikes Peak, Colorado

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:52 pm 
 

Help me with this--someone who is on ebay as a seller--how long does it take to put one listing together for an item up on ebay?  And is there any difference when it is multiple items going on sale on the same day?

I wonder because, when someone suggested Cougie might just be a cover for a machine writing out the feedback, it would explain how Cougie can sell 30-40+ items every day on average for 12 months (Lord only knows how many items are posted for sale every day!!) :!:  :idea:

  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:05 pm 
 

Well, as you've probably guessed, most active eBay sellers use a template (or perhaps many templates). This is an obvious way to cut down on typing repetitive information.

But Cougie, though ... well, he's taken the template concept to its limit. He uses a craptastic plain-text template, never updates it (weren't those Royal Mail changes like in 2002 or 2003?), calls every single thing "VGC," and just types in a one-line description at the top. He puts no effort whatsoever into actually making good listings. So, basically, it's just wash-rinse-repeat ... over and over again ... into eternity.

I think Cougie does have some machine-like qualities to him, and this is one of them. He just types those one-line descriptions until his fingers get sore, then throws them up on eBay as quickly as his pistons and gears allow him to.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7969
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 01, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:58 pm 
 

Xaxaxe wrote:Well, as you've probably guessed, most active eBay sellers use a template (or perhaps many templates). This is an obvious way to cut down on typing repetitive information.

But Cougie, though ... well, he's taken the template concept to its limit. He uses a craptastic plain-text template, never updates it (weren't those Royal Mail changes like in 2002 or 2003?), calls every single thing "VGC," and just types in a one-line description at the top. He puts no effort whatsoever into actually making good listings. So, basically, it's just wash-rinse-repeat ... over and over again ... into eternity.

I think Cougie does have some machine-like qualities to him, and this is one of them. He just types those one-line descriptions until his fingers get sore, then throws them up on eBay as quickly as his pistons and gears allow him to.


It requires little effort to do what Coug does...basically list the exact same item over and over and change a couple of words.  Unfortunately myself and good sellers like me take our time to write accurate descriptions and change out our photos/scans from time to time.
BTW, I love how Cougies template items are even in different fonts...it would take like, what, 1 second to make all the fonts in the description the same? Sheesh.

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2332
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 27, 2017
Location: Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:59 am 
 

Badmike wrote:Err, I think JG was just saying he feels SORRY for the piece of crap known as Cougie...because such a miserable human being must be miserable inside, as well as making his family, those around him, (I won't say friends, he might not have any), and his buyers miserable.  I don't think JG meant to give Coug a pass there....

Thanks, Mike.  My original words were

JohnGaunt wrote:I'm not defending da Coug, but I do feel sorry for him and his immediate family.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 123
Joined: Oct 06, 2005
Last Visit: May 22, 2017
Location: Cleveland, OH

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:38 am 
 

jasonw1239 wrote:Maybe where he is from "sealed" is the equivalent of "rogered by a dog"  :P


Maybe "sealed" means "rogered by a seal."   :lol:


"We were put on this Earth to fart around."
                            - Kurt Vonnegut

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 191
Joined: Mar 04, 2007
Last Visit: Jun 26, 2019

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:01 am 
 

The "Rare" rubber bouncing cougy 144 page VGC Deities & Demigods
has been relisted for about the fifth time...he keeps getting it bounced back to him because of the condition its in.No prizes for guessing the
reserve price.



** expired eBay auction **




"VGC . - THE RARE CTHULHU VERSION WITH 144 PAGES cover slightly worn but good for its age. HAS BLACK/PURPLE INK/PAINT ON BACK, BUT NOT ON TEXT AND ONLY ON DARK BLUE PICTURES OF REVERSE COVER SO NOT REALLY AN ISSUE? JUST MENTIONING IT TOP SAVE ANY COMBACKS" Classic First Edition Cougy!
_____________________________________________________________
"I STARTUD PLAYING WITH MYSELF IN 1976 SO FEW HAVE BEEN DOING THIS LONGER THAN ME. "...har har priceless...

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6098
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 05, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:43 pm 
 

I've been watching this seller try and sell these planes:


** expired eBay auction **


This is his 3rd attempt.  The first auction ended at $150 with reserve not met.  Shortly after the 2nd auction started he added the I have a collector willing to buy these for $500+ BS, that auction ended at $150 also and surprise surprise, they have been listed for a 3rd time.  What happened to the collector willing to buy them for $500+?

I inquired and asked why he didn't sell them and his response was that he bought them for over $650.  The third listing again started at $0.99 with a reserve but I see he has at least changed the starting price to $600.

 WWW  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:22 pm 
 

The outright refusal of some sellers to ackowledge that their items aren't going to sell for what they think they should always makes me laugh. It all comes down to one hard fact of life on eBay: you cannot make people bid on your stuff.

I was wondering why this guy was being spotlighted in the "shady" thread until I saw the line about the "more than $500 offer" (not to mention the "last time on eBay" line). What a load of crap.

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 104 of 112123 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 110111112