Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 103 of 112123 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:22 am 

Regardless of whether he had it posted or not, overcharging shipping is against the rules, and while eBay sucks, it is one rule I agree with.
So, what difference does it make if the seller posts here? If he/she/it didn't, you wouln't hesitate to post a name, I assume, so just do it. We would all appreciate a warning, so that others do not fall into the same trap.
The whole "Gee, I'm being generous and only half-raping you" approach is ridiculous. The shipping was grossly padded, plain and simple.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:49 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Regardless of whether he had it posted or not, overcharging shipping is against the rules, and while eBay sucks, it is one rule I agree with.
So, what difference does it make if the seller posts here? If he/she/it didn't, you wouln't hesitate to post a name, I assume, so just do it. We would all appreciate a warning, so that others do not fall into the same trap.
The whole "Gee, I'm being generous and only half-raping you" approach is ridiculous. The shipping was grossly padded, plain and simple.

ya know frank, i should just send you a msg telling you what i am TRYING to say and get you to say it. you say it so much better :)

right on.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:38 am 

killjoy32 wrote:ps. i would like to know who it is, as i won't purchase from them on pure principle now  :x

Same here.  I have noticed a couple of Ebay resellers that are members here that have raised their shipping prices considerably on all of their items.  Sorry but if you want my business don't tell me that it costs $9 to ship one frickin' module priority mail.  :?

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:11 am 

I don't mind paying an extra buck or two to have an item shipped with great packaging.

What I do mind is a high shipping charge for an item that is just shoved into a brown envelope without a backing board, or padding or the item being placed in a plastic storage bag.

I recently purchased a Runequest item on eBay on behalf of a friend of mine. The item was not in great condition to begin but that was clearly explained in the auction listing. The book arrived safely but was just in a brown lightly padded envelope without being bagged. Now without backing boards or other packing his actual postage cost from the US to Canada was $6.25. He charged $8.25. Do I consider that overcharging me? Not really, but for the additional $2.00 I would have liked to have seen the item in the envelope bagged. In Atlantic Canada in March we switch between rain and freezing rain almost constantly so if I am not watching for the mailman, large envelopes left in my mailbox gets soaked.  :evil:

From my perspective (maybe because I don't purchase in the same volume that others here do) a small additional amount is acceptable (with the above provisions of course). :)

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:28 am 

fair point, but my point is this.

i would go many extra yards for an acaeum member, as i know they would for me. it just goes without saying.

many is the time that i have sent something and the shipping is far less than the cost, but then i know for sure, the other way round, it would just be the same. it all comes out good in the end.

biz might be biz, but for your fellow collectors thats different.

i've had great deals off many here in the past and would hope to again. they know who they are and i dont need to stroke anyones ego over it. its just the done thing.

i would still like to know.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:02 am 

gyg wrote:
a terrible thing to do :lol:

Yes, quite terrible  :D

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:38 am 

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0097948394

I don't think that this seller is necessarily shady but I don't like this practice of making a blatantly false statement in the ad title.  :x

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:49 am 

maybe he forgot to add "once" at the end of it???

SH60B's quote of the weeK!!

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!

Follow The Acaeum on Twitter @TheAcaeum

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:50 am 

Maybe where he is from "sealed" is the equivalent of "rogered by a dog"  :P

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:09 pm 

Or maybe he means sealed as in the box being glued together :idea:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:07 pm 

Here another funny from Cougy!

"NEW UNUSED UNPAINTED (SLIGHTLY SMALL / GIRL ?) 25MM ZOMBIE BABE HOLDING HEAD. MADE FOR ZOMBIES THE BOARD GAME BUT SUITABLE FOR ANYTHING WHERE A ZOMBIE BABE CARRYING HEAD IS NEEDED. A VERY UNUSUAL FIGURE. MADE OF PLASTIC. IS GREEN SO MAY NOT NEED MUCH IF ANY PAINTING. SORRY ABOUT SCAN, CANNOT DO BETTER, YOU WONT BE DISSAPOINTED WITH HER SHES A BABE, ALL BE IT A DEAD (UNDEAD?) ONE? "

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:21 pm 

ATOM wrote:Here another funny from Cougy!

"NEW UNUSED UNPAINTED (SLIGHTLY SMALL / GIRL ?) 25MM ZOMBIE BABE HOLDING HEAD. MADE FOR ZOMBIES THE BOARD GAME BUT SUITABLE FOR ANYTHING WHERE A ZOMBIE BABE CARRYING HEAD IS NEEDED. A VERY UNUSUAL FIGURE. MADE OF PLASTIC. IS GREEN SO MAY NOT NEED MUCH IF ANY PAINTING. SORRY ABOUT SCAN, CANNOT DO BETTER, YOU WONT BE DISSAPOINTED WITH HER SHES A BABE, ALL BE IT A DEAD (UNDEAD?) ONE? "

** expired/removed eBay auction **

That description is creepy on so many levels . . .

Why doesn't he just use MS-Paint to make a drawing of the mini and post that image instead?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:34 pm 

It is horrible is it not! I love the "ALL BE IT" instead of Albeit part!

The reason he does not post a decent image is because it looks like it came from the bottom of a cereal packet!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:46 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Why doesn't he just use MS-Paint to make a drawing of the mini and post that image instead?

Only Cougie would throw a miniature into a scanner and think everything would work out okay.

Hey, genius: try a digital camera!

+++++

Also, that listing has nothing to do with D&D; the figure is from the Zombies boardgame. In fact, an entire set of 100 female zombie figures is available for about $8.

Funagain Games: Zombies!!!: bag o' Babes!!!

But, once again, typical CougLander: take an item, represent it as something it's not, slap a ridiculous price on it, and hope for a sucker.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:55 pm 

Thats weird. it doesn't appear to be in VGC

Cheers,
malcolm

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:02 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Only Cougie would throw a miniature into a scanner and think everything would work out okay.

Hey, genius: try a digital camera!

+++++

Also, that listing has nothing to do with D&D; the figure is from the Zombies boardgame. In fact, an entire set of 100 female zombie figures is available for about $8.

Funagain Games: Zombies!!!: bag o' Babes!!!

But, once again, typical CougLander: take an item, represent it as something it's not, slap a ridiculous price on it, and hope for a sucker.

Maybe we really need to give some thought to asylum's feedback he wrote for the Coug:

asylum-books-and-games wrote:Human or a failed, word-generating AI? I've read better spam than this drivel!!!

I mean Coug does this kind of crap all the time and he is so predictable and stupid, it almost gives me the impression that he isn't really a human being at all. Maybe he is infact just a badly programmed machine that someone invented to take care of their Ebay business while they are off elsewhere doing other things.  I am being 100% honest here too.

Seriously, what human being do you know that does this kind of stuff?  He is so freaking predicatable that its really machine like.  I mean the feedback he leaves(both positive and negative), the listings all with everything being in VGC with no other description, the fact that he scans everything regardless of what it is, etc. etc. Its almost like you press a button you get a pre-generated response. You press it again you get a seperate but almost identical repsonse.  You press a different button, you get a different action. You press it again, again you get a sperate but almost identical response as the first time that you pressed it.

Its all just so weird, it really makes one wonder what the heck is going on there.  Its as if he is devoid of the mental capability to react to stimuli in anything other than a predetermined manor. Its really almost like he's(its?) not human at all. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:41 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I mean Coug does this kind of crap all the time and he is so predicatable and stupid, it almost gives me the impression that he isn't really a human being at all.

bclarkie wrote:Seriously, what human being do you know that does this kind of stuff?  He is so freaking predicatable that its really machine like.

We respond to Coug's actions with a similarly machinelike quality --- we initially poke fun and then rage at him.  Is what Coug does predictable and what we do consistent?

I'm not defending da Coug, but I do feel sorry for him and his immediate family.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:47 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:We respond to Coug's actions with a similarly machinelike quality --- we initially poke fun and then rage at him.  Is what Coug does predictable and what we do consistent?

I'm not defending da Coug, but I do feel sorry for him and his immediate family.

I have got to say that I disagree, but whatever.

Question for you though. Do you also feel sorry for all those people out there who Cougar stole both their money and/or their product?

*shrugs*

I mean you are the one with the cougar-innards ID... :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 103 of 112123 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 110111112