Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 11 of 112123 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 110111112
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:14 pm 

Hey - it's all lovey dovey around here!

Everyone's made friends and is happy now

What a nice BB we live in  :D

BJS

PS - Talking of BIG shipping - anyone tried buying from http://www.titangames.com? They have frightened me off a couple of times. Cheap goods, expensive P&P.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:36 pm 

b_stedman wrote:PS - Talking of BIG shipping - anyone tried buying from http://www.titangames.com? They have frightened me off a couple of times. Cheap goods, expensive P&P.

$125 for an early Tegel Manor- release unstated- is cheap?

(And it doesn't even have a zeroxed PotVQ thrown in free-of-charge, I bet!).

Some of their other prices are fairly decent, though.

Never checked out their post & packing rates... Best not to check/ask??

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:45 am 

harami2000 wrote:
b_stedman wrote:PS - Talking of BIG shipping - anyone tried buying from http://www.titangames.com? They have frightened me off a couple of times. Cheap goods, expensive P&P.

titangames are connected with tonyasgames - her dad owns titan. she has an office in his shop and deals from there etc.

uncleted's garage sale was also connected too once upon a time.

i always found titangames a little on the expensive side imo. however if i mentioned tonya to them and bought bulk (over $200), they were happy to m-bag to me - problem was you could'nt get THAT much for $200 :) mind you, they were willing to throw in the 28 random JG books that uncle ted stiffed me on tho which was nice - pity it wasnt worth buying there tho :)

nice ppl there tho, can't fault them for that and tonya is always great to deal with - well i found that so anyway...

wonder if they would do 28 tegal manors :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:16 am 

Has anyone noticed that cougars innards is not bidding on used stamps any longer????

Any response from the law in the UK?

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:58 pm 

b_stedman wrote:Hey - it's all lovey dovey around here!

What a nice BB we live in :D

BJS

PS - Talking of BIG shipping - anyone tried buying from http://www.titangames.com? They have frightened me off a couple of times. Cheap goods, expensive P&P.

Tonya's Ass Whap Shop (a division of Titan's Games) got me....I didn't read the fine print, they will combine shipping at HALF regular shipping ($4.65) per extra item, which BTW is MEDIA mail and not priority mail. So, conceivably, if you won say 11 auctions from Tonya's Ass Whap for 11 D&D modules, you would pay $4.65 + $2.63 x10 for a whopping $30.95 shipping for 3 lbs of items sent media mail (or, approximately $25 profit!!!!).  Avoid this bitch, let someone else put her through college.  Hopefully I will lose all my auctions through here, I did only put min bids so that's highly possible. I'd neg the hell out of her if I won except I have no one to blame but myself.....always should read the fine print.

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:56 am 

morgansurname wrote:Has anyone noticed that cougars innards is not bidding on used stamps any longer????

Any response from the law in the UK?

I'm gonna report his add to the US Post office they catch him he will go to prision and be somebodys bitch.  Not that he already isn't one...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:37 am 

Same here (shipping ended up being like $25 I recall), and to throw salt in the wound the items described as "new" werent even close to being in new condition.

She got me once, never again.

Badmike wrote:
b_stedman wrote:Hey - it's all lovey dovey around here!

What a nice BB we live in :D

BJS

Tonya's Ass Whap Shop (a division of Titan's Games) got me....I didn't read the fine print, they will combine shipping at HALF regular shipping ($4.65) per extra item, which BTW is MEDIA mail and not priority mail. So, conceivably, if you won say 11 auctions from Tonya's Ass Whap for 11 D&D modules, you would pay $4.65 + $2.63 x10 for a whopping $30.95 shipping for 3 lbs of items sent media mail (or, approximately $25 profit!!!!). Avoid this bitch, let someone else put her through college. Hopefully I will lose all my auctions through here, I did only put min bids so that's highly possible. I'd neg the hell out of her if I won except I have no one to blame but myself.....always should read the fine print.

Mike B.

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:08 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:

titangames are connected with tonyasgames - her dad owns titan. she has an office in his shop and deals from there etc.

i always found titangames a little on the expensive side imo. however if i mentioned tonya to them and bought bulk (over $200), they were happy to m-bag to me - problem was you could'nt get THAT much for $200 :) mind you, they were willing to throw in the 28 random JG books that uncle ted stiffed me on tho which was nice - pity it wasnt worth buying there tho :)

nice ppl there tho, can't fault them for that and tonya is always great to deal with - well i found that so anyway...

Amazingly enough, while browsing on EBay today, take a look at what I wound:
cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUser ... itan-games
selling:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 4&rd=1

Funny how amazingly similar it is to:
cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUser ... nyas-games

selling:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 9&rd=1

Kind of annoying. :roll:

I have bought from tony/ass/wap/shop :wink: before, and never had any huge problems with her myself, BUT her shipping costs as almost as bad as maxwell's, she always way overgrades her items, and she WILL leave retaliatory feedback, even if the problem was clearly her fault. :evil: :evil: :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:47 am 

bclarkie wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:

Amazingly enough, while browsing on EBay today, take a look at what I wound:
cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUser ... itan-games
selling:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 4&rd=1

Funny how amazingly similar it is to:
cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUser ... nyas-games

selling:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 9&rd=1

Kind of annoying. :roll:

I have bought from tony/ass/wap/shop :wink: before, and never had any huge problems with her myself, BUT her shipping costs as almost as bad as maxwell's, she always way overgrades her items, and she WILL leave retaliatory feedback, even if the problem was clearly her fault. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Check out the shipping on this item from Titan's Games:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 2&rd=1

How about it, want to pay $6.30 MEDIA MAIL shipping on a Green cover B3 Silver Princess (or $9.30, if you care to make the plunge to priority mail).  I figured that is over $4 profit just on shipping alone for media mail, for priority mail its about $5.  Man, am I doing something wrong, up until now I would fit as many items as I could in a priority envelope for $4.50, or send media mail one item for a flat $3 rate.  What a sap I am. Stupid Badmike!!!!!!   :oops:

Mike B.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:47 am 

bclarkie wrote:I have bought from tony/ass/wap/shop :wink: before, and never had any huge problems with her myself, BUT her shipping costs as almost as bad as maxwell's, she always way overgrades her items, and she WILL leave retaliatory feedback, even if the problem was clearly her fault. :evil: :evil: :evil:

*nods*. Is one on my "miss list", too.
Confirmed was AOK for any USPS shipping to the UK per the auction listing, made sure I'd sent the links, then she tried to land me for ~$40 for 10 Dragon magazines (cost <$10) by surface mail.

Managed to fend her off with $2 to pay for re-listing, then still just about got negged on two future occasions more than a month later when she'd forgotten about that and came chasing (unsubtly) for payment.

Was definitely easier to go elsewhere...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:50 am 

Badmike wrote:  Check out the shipping on this item from Titan's Games:

How about it, want to pay $6.30 MEDIA MAIL shipping on a Green cover B3 Silver Princess (or $9.30, if you care to make the plunge to priority mail). I figured that is over $4 profit just on shipping alone for media mail, for priority mail its about $5. Man, am I doing something wrong, up until now I would fit as many items as I could in a priority envelope for $4.50, or send media mail one item for a flat $3 rate. What a sap I am. Stupid Badmike!!!!!!  :oops:

Mike B.

No, not stupid Badmike. :wink:   Honest Badmike, Excellent Seller Badmike, I would buy from in a second Badmike.  :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:10 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Badmike wrote: Check out the shipping on this item from Titan's Games:

How about it, want to pay $6.30 MEDIA MAIL shipping on a Green cover B3 Silver Princess (or $9.30, if you care to make the plunge to priority mail). I figured that is over $4 profit just on shipping alone for media mail, for priority mail its about $5. Man, am I doing something wrong, up until now I would fit as many items as I could in a priority envelope for $4.50, or send media mail one item for a flat $3 rate. What a sap I am. Stupid Badmike!!!!!! :oops:

Mike B.

No, not stupid Badmike. :wink:  Honest Badmike, Excellent Seller Badmike, I would buy from in a second Badmike. :D

Thanks brother I needed that. Looking at that put me in a deep funk today thinking about pure profit I'm letting slip through my fingers by not price gouging on shipping, but my wife told me that at least I can look myself in the mirror every morning when I go to work on the computer, so between that and the fact I get a lot of positive emails from customers when I combine shipping, and your post, I feel better.  I think I"m going to have a pizza with everything for lunch though, hello comfort food!!! :D

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:09 pm 

I charge $4 media mail, only reallys costs about $2 adv but the extra $2 covers the padded envelope, paypal fee's and sometimes ebay fee's.  I charge the same amount for box sets and anything else.  I also send most items priority mail flat rate envelope for $5 costs me $3.85.  Also all items after the 1st only $1 I think its fair s/h but I do sometimes make a buck or two off of it :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:27 pm 

I charge a little over actual shipping myself, but I only to do this to cover any packing costs that I may incur along the way. In most of my auctions, I list in my auctions a flat $4.50 fee for Priority shipping and an additional $1.25 for each extra item. In the end though, I almost never end up charging my buyers that amount. I list my shipping costs in my auctions higher than I actually end up invoicing after the auction because: A) I do want to be able to cover the actual cost it is going to end up being without hassle, and B) The buyer is almost always pleasently surprised by the final shipping cost that I quote them, because they are expecting it to be a much higher cost. I can tell you that it is a hell of a lot easier to list a total shipping cost of more than what it will be and then if necessary to reduce it or refund the extra money paid, than it is to post the shipping cost you want and have it be to low and then either have to ask for more from the buyer later or even worse eat the extra costs.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:53 pm 

lol I have to charge a little extra just to make up for the fact I seem to have a habbit of sending people overseas the wrong item....... I've done this 2 times last month, sent a guy is AUS a silver return to the keep in the boarderlands, instead of a silver ravenloft.  Sent Killjoy an x3 instead of and x5....  bad habbit....

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:57 pm 

I charge exact shipping whenever possible. Matter of fact, I won't even bid on items that overcharge shipping. $385 is the cost of a flat-rate envelope, and that is what I will pay. The "handling" shit is for businesses, and people who want to rape buyers for every extra penny. None of this "15 cents for gas, 10 cents for packing materials, blah blah blah". That, and eBay fees, are the cost of doing business via eBay, and I see no reason why a buyer should have to pay that. I have noticed that sellers who overcharge shipping tend to make less overall on their auctions.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:04 pm 

Well I pretty much count paypal fee's as part of shipping costs which is at least $.50 per transaction, on $20 its more like $1 so say I sell an item for $15 charge $5 for priority mail which costs $3.85 its gonna cost me $4.85ish with shipping and paypal fee's.  I've thought about listing my auctions with less s/h and a $1 paypal fee' but ebay won't let ya.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:49 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I charge a little over actual shipping myself, but I only to do this to cover any packing costs that I may incur along the way. In most of my auctions, I list in my auctions a flat $4.50 fee for Priority shipping and an additional $1.25 for each extra item. In the end though, I almost never end up charging my buyers that amount. I list my shipping costs in my auctions higher than I actually end up invoicing after the auction because: A) I do want to be able to cover the actual cost it is going to end up being without hassle, and B) The buyer is almost always pleasently surprised by the final shipping cost that I quote them, because they are expecting it to be a much higher cost. I can tell you that it is a hell of a lot easier to list a total shipping cost of more than what it will be and then if necessary to reduce it or refund the extra money paid, than it is to post the shipping cost you want and have it be to low and then either have to ask for more from the buyer later or even worse eat the extra costs.

It's always better to have buyers pleasantly surprised than unpleasantly pissed off.  I've actually refunded buyers who paid before I sent an invoice and accidentally paid the full shipping on all the items they bought instead of a reduced rate for combined shipping on several items.  In most cases it's absolutely blown their minds, I guess that doesn't happen too often.

Mike B.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 11 of 112123 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 110111112