Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 2 of 11212, 3 ... 110111112
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:48 pm 

I wonder if digital"rob"  actually stands for digital "theft"...seems to me that is what he is doing if he is misleading with false pics.... 8O

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:48 pm 

Anyone up to buy a package from Cougar as proof?

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:01 am 

morgansurname wrote:Anyone up to buy a package from Cougar as proof?

Well he has me on one of his trademark "block wipe"s, so I can't. :)

*lol*. Got an amusing mental image of da twitchy-whiskered kitty nervously glueing stamps onto parcels, hoping he ain't gonna be "trapped" by the recipient.
Pity he's still got a few people he can trust to send stuff to, otherwise he'd be sitting on a pile of worthless perforated paper that he's paid several hundred pounds for. Awww... shame! :twisted:

*waves to cougie* (I know you read these messages....).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:21 am 

napster didnt make squat,  they couldnt even handle all the legal fees that were thrown at them until they were bought out.

Once they were absorbed the whole structure of the program changed to only support legal transfers.

Aneoth wrote:
Terminal_Frost wrote:Once upon a time there was a little company called napster that thought the same thing....

And they made Hundreds of Millions of dollars (Or was it Billions?) before anyone with authority said STOP... So, do you think the folks who owned napster cared all that much by then???

I am sure that they are wallowing in their self-incrimination as they look at one another smiling, :) :) :) and then one of them gives a wink :wink: and a hearty chuckle :lol: saying,
"Man we sure did do bad things didn't we? :twisted: We should repent :oops: and be good now that we are fabulously wealthy...." :roll:
They all have a good laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: at his joke and then resume sipping their fancy umbrella drinks, and smoking their hundred dollar Cuban Cigars as they watch the sun set in the front of their private beachfront villa in the Bahamas... :D

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:38 pm 

On a completely different tack, there's a neat block of text at the base of this seller's listings that help ensure that it crops up in as many search strings as possible. Search manipulation dressed up as informative TSR history.

And them damned Feathered Priests crap turn up in all my searches. As eBay doesn't enforce search manipulation, I might put TSR's history (and the history of the whole RPG genre) into my listings. At least I might attract a few more bids.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:11 pm 

Go Cougar, go! :lol: :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5559502737
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5559503142
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5559511067
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5559511462

Epicrates_cenchria wrote:With regard to the 'un-gummed' stamps. While I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, such items have no philatelic value. Current definitive stamps sell for only a few pounds a kilo, not anywhere near it's face value and stamps in this condition are valueless. So surely this can be the only purpose they are being bought for, fraudulent postal use.

*nods*. Is fun to try to figure out what goes on in that furry head of his, though.

Am still certain his only two interests are feedback and $.
I love his latest "welcome to the collective" feedback comments!

Epicrates_cenchria wrote:Sadly I am a closet stamp collector. (Please don't hound me from the forum).

*chuckles*. No probs. Got just a few I picked up myself over the years as a challenge and a "no harm" way of stashing aside some money rather than just throwing every last cent at the kitties, etc.
Pity no-one does direct swaps for decent RPG items ;)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:18 pm 

morgansurname wrote:Anyone up to buy a package from Cougar as proof?

Actually...
I did (a few months ago) and it came in a manilla envelope (Kalamar 2e module) covered in stamps.

Didn't happen to notice if the stamps were reused or not though (the whole front of the envelope was taped - probably to keep the non-gummed stamps from falling off).

Incidentally - the item I bid on was the item i received. Good transaction with no problems on his end (my C/C was over limit - had to use another to paypal him).

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:20 pm 

Just a warning to potential buyers from Cougarrinard.  If you don't leave positive feedback, you will receive the email at the bottom on a weekly basis.  I won't even waste my breath (or should I say fingers) on the should/shouldn't you leave feedback first debate.  It's been done to death.  Make up your own minds.
=========

re; Feedback;

I too shared your belief & reasons for the feedback procedure that you request, until I had the following revelations;

Firstly I became aware that I was leaving many more feedbacks than I was receiving.     Upon reaching 4,000 left for me I had left over 5,000  not a very good return rate?   I found that if I left feedback first the other party very often did not bother.

Secondly other Power sellers had adopted the new procedure and advised me to use it, it also gives me notice that the items have arrived.

Thirdly, if some one returns an item expecting a refund surel'y then I become in effect  the buyer so feedback should be left then by who? originally?  the first leave feedback for me rule dont hold water in such instances?  

But the final straw came when I sold an item to someone (left the feedback accordingly - at the time when the payment came through) who was just fussy, picky and damn right nasty.   Insisted I refund him in full, before he returned the item, threatened me with EBay proceedings, stating that he lived only 10 mins from EBay HQ USA, & that his mother was a high court judge.   Stupidly  I succumbed to his threats & he left me negative feedback anyway, which left me with no recourse -, as I had already left him positive feedback & refunded his money.   I was only trying to keep good customer relations & uphold my good feedback rating, but this person (I use the term  loosely) really made me think about the feedback procedure & thus its now the way I must do it.

I hope you understand its nothing personal & am sure that your items now & future  & our feedbacks will be ok.    After 4 years on Ebay & around 2,000 rated on over 6,000 items I am sure you can understand my reasons

Finally I can add that I have no need not to post you feedback once you have as I want your continued custom, & not giving you any feedback or bad feedback would risk that?

thanks

--Dave

----- Original Message -----
To: DAVID WHITFIELD
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:48 AM
Subject: Re: 5939131308 dice

Dave

I say this to everyone who asks.  As a seller I leave feedback first (which no one ever questions).  As a buyer I leave feedback second or not at all (which seems to cause the most questions).

I hope you understand that I do this to prevent feedback extortion and that I believe the person who is left with the money has taken the least risk.

But I can say that the dice were packed well and I would not hesitate to leave the appropriate feedback under the right circumstances.

Regards.

John.
----- Original Message -----
To: John Huckerby
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:36 AM
Subject: 5939131308 dice

PLEASE?
EBAY FEEDBACK

hi,

I am very sorry to trouble you but was wondering if you were going to leave feedback for the above transaction?

You see I believe the transaction is not fully completed/over/finished until feedback has been left?

Also its a good indication if you received the item or not?

So please take a few minutes to leave feedback, if all is well I hope for  a positive, if something's wrong please e-mail me first before leaving neg or neutral?

thanks for understanding,

the feedback rating gives others clear indication of trading ability both buying & selling - recommendations go along way, you would not want your car fixed by an unreputable mechanic any more than your buy your house from a rough trader.  

So please help to spread good vibes via feedback about those traders who deserve it?

thanks for your time

--Dave

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:24 pm 

I'm normally a pleasant easy going person.  But Cougars incessant emails leave me with a strong desire to reply GFY  :evil: .  And I don't mean Good For You.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:31 pm 

johnhuck wrote:I'm normally a pleasant easy going person. But Cougars incessant emails leave me with a strong desire to reply GFY :evil: . And I don't mean Good For You.

That auction above ended on the 6th of December... :evil:
You're now roughly at the point at which I got totally fed up of him (felt much more frequent than weekly...).

"So please take a few minutes to leave feedback, if all is well I hope for a positive, if something's wrong please e-mail me first before leaving neg or neutral?"

He's added that last part, I think. All I got was the
"So please take a few minutes to leave feedback" bit.

So I did.

He really doesn't like neutrals...
Just went all-guns blazing at another poor sod who left him those. :(

*reads again*
Whiny kitty isn't he?

==

p.s. Nice dice, btw. :)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:47 pm 

harami2000 wrote:p.s. Nice dice, btw. :)

Almost forgot, one d6 will be on its way very soon.  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:50 pm 

johnhuck wrote:I'm normally a pleasant easy going person. But Cougars incessant emails leave me with a strong desire to reply GFY :evil: . And I don't mean Good For You.

Hey John, If it is any consulation to you, he just bought some stuff from me Sunday, and has bids on several items currently. Being that he has his "policy" for feedbacks being left by the buyer first, then I am fully confortable using the same policy :D. See, normally as a seller I will always post feedback first. If you pay on time, you get a positve, period no questions asked. To me, it is my responsiblilty to make sure that the buyer is happy after they pay. Fact of the matter is, that as much as I would hate to get a negative feedback for something if I wasn't given the oppurtunity to fix the issue, the truth is, it 99% of situations it is really my responsiblilty to get it right the first time. In this situation though, if that is the game the gets played, I am fully confortable playing it myself. I just can't stand his arrogance (which just oozes out of his email comunications that I have already received), so I will play the feedback game with him. Just feel comfort in the fact that if he emails me wondering about where his feedback is for paying, I will be cutting and pasting the letter he sent you from this thread and changing the names accordingly. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:53 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Just feel comfort in the fact that if he emails me wondering about where his feedback is for paying, I will be cutting and pasting the letter he sent you from this thread and changing the names accordingly. :wink:

:lol:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:54 pm 

johnhuck wrote:
harami2000 wrote:p.s. Nice dice, btw. :)

Almost forgot, one d6 will be on its way very soon. :wink:

*YAY!*

Aww... Thank you, John!!  :D  :D  :D

Didn't think you were serious about that;
Not-so-Recent Fun Finds • Page 20 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum ;)

Made my day. Who needs PotVQs... :P
(Oh, that wasn't an offer of a swap, btw!)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:57 pm 

johnhuck wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Just feel comfort in the fact that if he emails me wondering about where his feedback is for paying, I will be cutting and pasting the letter he sent you from this thread and changing the names accordingly. :wink:

:lol:

*LOL*

There's more than one way to skin a cat...

(Well actually, there's prolly only one sensible way, but let's not go there... (yet?))

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:59 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
johnhuck wrote:
Almost forgot, one d6 will be on its way very soon. :wink:

*YAY!*

Aww... Thank you, John!! :D :D :D

Didn't think you were serious about that;
Not-so-Recent Fun Finds • Page 20 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum ;)

Made my day. Who needs PotVQs... :P
(Oh, that wasn't an offer of a swap, btw!)

No problem (looks for worthless 6th casting orange-red d6 recognisable by the under impressed "5" amongst his array of Gygax hand finished true 1st cast red-orange d6 :wink: )

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:21 pm 

johnhuck wrote:No problem (looks for worthless 6th casting orange-red d6 recognisable by the under impressed "5" amongst his array of Gygax hand finished true 1st cast red-orange d6 :wink: )

*tries to resist salivating or otherwise giving away that little-do-you-know but you're about to part with an unlisted rarity*

:o

Roll on, that dice overview(?) page... (whoever mentioned that).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:07 pm 

how do you block bidders??

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 2 of 11212, 3 ... 110111112