Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 97 of 112123 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:40 pm 

I should also note that him using a new buyer ID to circumvent previous blocks placed by sellers on his Cougarrinard ID is a blatant violation of Ebays policies:

Unwelcome and malicious buying policy

So if Coug starts showing up on peoples auctions that have previously blocked him, it will defintely be a way of getting his sorry ass booted from Ebay. :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:52 pm 

That would be a Cougie-like move, so we can only hope he really is that much of a brain-donor.

Better yet ... but this would be too good to be true ... would be if he was actually stupid enough to shill one account with the other. That would be breaking the cardinal rule that even eBay n0ObZoRz know about.

But he's not that stupid. The Coug is a raging, swollen, infected a**hole, but he also has a survivor's instinct.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:01 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:But he's not that stupid. The Coug is a raging, swollen, infected a**hole, but he also has a survivor's instinct.

I wouldn't give him that much credit. The guy taped used postage stamps to boxes to ship them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:19 pm 

Being only a moderate collector of a very specific set of products, I encountered Cougie on Ebay before discovering the, ah, wealth of lore to be be found on him here.  He just seemed like a guy with loads of stuff for sale.  To be fair, he delivered the goods promptly and in the condition described.  On the other hand I had to get through any number of his vile, caps-locked, shrieking emails in reply to any questions I had first (which I'm sure comes as no surprise to anyone, lol).  I finished my business with him and vowed never to deal with him ever again.

So imagine my surprise when, shortly after that, I started reading the threads here and discovered that he is something of a celebrity.  It was good to know that I wasn't imagining it - he really was a rather odious character after all.

Now I run searches here on any seller before committing to buy from them.  Such is the lesson that Cougie teaches.  It only takes one rotten apple...

Thankfully everyone else I've dealt with has been top-notch :).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:21 pm 

Kamelion wrote:Being only a moderate collector of a very specific set of products, I encountered Cougie on Ebay before discovering the, ah, wealth of lore to be be found on him here.  He just seemed like a guy with loads of stuff for sale.  To be fair, he delivered the goods promptly and in the condition described.  On the other hand I had to get through any number of his vile, caps-locked, shrieking emails in reply to any questions I had first (which I'm sure comes as no surprise to anyone, lol).  I finished my business with him and vowed never to deal with him ever again.

So imagine my surprise when, shortly after that, I started reading the threads here and discovered that he is something of a celebrity.  It was good to know that I wasn't imagining it - he really was a rather odious character after all.

Now I run searches here on any seller before committing to buy from them.  Such is the lesson that Cougie teaches.  It only takes one rotten apple...

If the Shady Sellers thread has a rock star equivalent, it would surely be the Coug.  :D  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:43 pm 

Badmike wrote:
If the Shady Sellers thread has a rock star equivalent, it would surely be the Coug.  :D  

Mike B.

He already thinks he is  8O

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:19 pm 

Kamelion wrote:Being only a moderate collector of a very specific set of products, I encountered Cougie on Ebay before discovering the, ah, wealth of lore to be be found on him here.  He just seemed like a guy with loads of stuff for sale.  To be fair, he delivered the goods promptly and in the condition described.  On the other hand I had to get through any number of his vile, caps-locked, shrieking emails in reply to any questions I had first (which I'm sure comes as no surprise to anyone, lol).  I finished my business with him and vowed never to deal with him ever again.

The guy is a freak... The threats he comes up with are beyond belief !

As for the change in ID to littleprincessfreya - well... Now I am mentally scarred imagining him dressed as a little girl. Says it all about him really.

If anyone buys from this new ID, is the PayPal address the same as the one he uses for Coug ? Can you post it up here for me as I have some "friends" who may be interested in the info...  :twisted:

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it." Margaret Thatcher

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:34 am 

celmive wrote:As for the change in ID to littleprincessfreya - well... Now I am mentally scarred imagining him dressed as a little girl.

I am glad that I am not the only one to have that image lurking in my head.  *shivers*

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:50 pm 

Hi guys---

I think I fat-fingered my bid on this lot, I was supposed to have typed 61.19 (I think), but regardless, what do you guys think about the 0 feedback bidder?   He was created recently, and doesn't have any other bids that I could find via an Adv Search with the ID as a bidder:
eBay.com Item Bid History

Am I being paranoid??

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:02 pm 

grodog wrote:Hi guys---

I think I fat-fingered my bid on this lot, I was supposed to have typed 61.19 (I think), but regardless, what do you guys think about the 0 feedback bidder?   He was created recently, and doesn't have any other bids that I could find via an Adv Search with the ID as a bidder:

Am I being paranoid??

No   :?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:05 pm 

Am I being paranoid??

Allan, its tough to tell.  Truthfully, with Ebay's new shitty policies it is increasingly harder to tell.  That said, the seller in question and the buyer in question are listed as being from different states.  In the long run that does not necessarily mean that its not a shill, but the real problem lies in the fact that the seller only had one auction up, so its tough to tell for sure.  I am not saying that it isn't a shill, I just do not have enough info to be able to tell for sure one way or another.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:13 pm 

Hmmm, thanks for the input guys.  I'll see if I can sleuth anything else up....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:13 pm 

Am I being paranoid??

No... but its proving it... There is nothing firm to link the seller  bidder. In this instance roll over but keep an eye on future sale items and see if the same "bidder" bids... IMHO it was a decent figure collection for the price though. Happy days.

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it." Margaret Thatcher

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:33 am 

Hi I am new to the forum.

Wow coug and caliver both seem famous.

I have had dealings with both. For the most part they were OK. I had some problems with each at one time or another but they were always sorted out.

Coug.

I had an item arrive covered with pen marks inside but he did replace it.

I had items not arrive a few times but he did send them out seperatly.

His postage is erratic sometimes fair and sometimes laughable (He seems to hike it up if you get the items really cheep).

I get what people are saying about his attitude as I have got a couple of fairly offensive emails. I don't see why he would feel a need to do that.

The thing is so long as I get the books cheep and in the right condition I will probably still buy from him despite his flaws. Some of the items I have got were insanely cheep probably because so many people won't deal with him.

Caliver

Not so many problems with caliver.

Bad packing and poor communication at times. I have noticed the illegal items for sale though but I just don't go near them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:30 pm 

Oriental Sword | eBay

I don't know if this is bad enough to call this guy a "shady dealer", but without a doubt he is flat out lying in his auction description and this thread needs a bump anyway.

He claims that, "Shipping will be the actual cost.  Not making any money off Shipping" and gerously provides a link to the USPS.  The problem is that he is offering USPS Parcel Post shipping for $7.65 which is clearly at least a $3.00 handling fee in that cost. :roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:56 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

I don't know if this is bad enough to call this guy a "shady dealer", but without a doubt he is flat out lying in his auction description and this thread needs a bump anyway.

He claims that, "Shipping will be the actual cost.  Not making any money off Shipping" and gerously provides a link to the USPS.  The problem is that he is offering USPS Parcel Post shipping for $7.65 which is clearly at least a $3.00 handling fee in that cost. :roll:

Yet he only charges $4.36 for all 3 priest spell compendiums:

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:21 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:

Yet he only charges $4.36 for all 3 priest spell compendiums:

Well, I am changed my mind, this guy should be in the Shady Dealers thread.  His shippings costs are increasing as the more auctions that he lists, yet the items in question are of the same size:

eBay listings?

I just sent him a question inquiring about the lies in the auction description, lets see how he responds.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:58 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Well, I am changed my mind, this guy should be in the Shady Dealers thread.  His shippings costs are increasing as the more auctions that he lists, yet the items in question are of the same size:

eBay listings?

I just sent him a question inquiring about the lies in the auction description, lets see how he responds.

Well here is the response to my question:

I can not tell you. That is why i have the web site I use for Ship linked in the description. I can not tell you other wise. But I will use parcel post and will charge that price!

Huh?! :roll:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 97 of 112123 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 110111112