Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 96 of 112123 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 110111112
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:51 pm 

Jason,

I am glad you have taken the time to respond to discussions on this board.

I think that a business with exceedingly high prices IS shady. You may have some items that are priced based on old/ (volatile) information as well, perhaps. Combine that with other issues mentioned earlier...

As for you buying your own BIN's, of course that's fine. The Ebay Test database is great but I would want to run a few items in Production as well before going full steam with a new program.

Brute

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:54 pm 

napoleonsdad wrote:
If you can get your price then you should be able to find some easy pickin's in my store.  I look at your prices and typically set my prices at 50-60% of yours. :!:

:twisted: I'll check out your store...

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:53 pm 

To me, it doesn't matter what your prices are, if you can get someone to buy a Tsoj for $2,000 then more power to you. I don't care if you charge $35 for shipping that Tsoj as long as the cost is upfront, which it is.  I think both prices are a bit high but it is your right to set prices as you see fit and you're not forcing anyone to buy so that's your business.  But you can't blame us for pointing out those high prices such as $35 for shipping one module and to have a chuckle and bit of snickering.  

Another reason why you ended in the shading seller thread is using stock photographs, or even photos from this site without attribution, for those really expensive items.  If you're going to sell something for $1,000 then it should be the photo of the actual item.  You say you've fixed that so that should be fine now...

Another reason you ended up in this thread is falsely attributing a set of TSR miniatures as produced for Cthulhu when they were not.  That could certainly be an error with no ill intention, but due to your history we might be a bit dubious.  

Take all these factors together, and maybe more that I'm forgetting, and you have the public relations problem that Troll and Toad has with some members of this board.  It could be rectified but time and actions will tell.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:25 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:Another reason why you ended in the shading seller thread

Please note, this is the shady seller thread.  Aspiring artists need not fret.  :lol:

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:11 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:To me, it doesn't matter what your prices are, if you can get someone to buy a Tsoj for $2,000 then more power to you. I don't care if you charge $35 for shipping that Tsoj as long as the cost is upfront, which it is.  I think both prices are a bit high but it is your right to set prices as you see fit and you're not forcing anyone to buy so that's your business.  But you can't blame us for pointing out those high prices such as $35 for shipping one module and to have a chuckle and bit of snickering.  

That is a good argument, because people should ultimately look out for themselves. But folks shopping at a respectable establishment should expect fair prices, and certainly should expect fair shipping.

Cheers  :D

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:32 pm 

brute wrote:
That is a good argument, because people should ultimately look out for themselves. But folks shopping at a respectable establishment should expect fair prices, and certainly should expect fair shipping.

Hmmm... that $35 shipping charge does look wrong. Maybe it's so high because of large insurance amount? I've checked the weight in our software and it's correct. Strange, something else I'll be looking into.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:48 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Please note, this is the shady seller thread.  Aspiring artists need not fret.  :lol:

Heh, just goes to show you can proofread something a dozen times but still editors are necessary.  From the viewpoints expressed here, it seems T&T could use a few edits to their auctions as well.  T&T's automatic insurance calculator probably led to that high shipping charge.  On a $2,000 item most sellers will split the insurance cost with the buyer or cover it entirely as a thank you to the buyer for purchasing such a high-ticket item.

Last edited by Theleb on Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:26 pm 

I did a quick test on DHL site (not endorsing them in any way, but didn't have luck w/ FedEx site and didn't see quotes for anything over $500 for USPS).

size: 9x12x2
wt: 1 lb
zip: 10101 to 90210
personal packaging (not a DHL box I guess)
$4.82 ground
$18.82 with Shipment Value Protection for $2000

Cheers
8)

PS just read VermilionFire's post. I like the complementary insurance on an item like that.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:42 pm 

brute wrote:I did a quick test on DHL site (not endorsing them in any way, but didn't have luck w/ FedEx site and didn't see quotes for anything over $500 for USPS).

size: 9x12x2
wt: 1 lb
zip: 10101 to 90210
personal packaging (not a DHL box I guess)
$4.82 ground
$18.82 with Shipment Value Protection for $2000

Cheers
8)

PS just read VermilionFire's post. I like the complementary insurance on an item like that.

Yeah, free insurance on that item sounds fine... I'm not sure that our software is set up to deviate from the listed postage types though. Hmmm, wonder why none of the other shipping services we use are listed in that auction. Might be one of the old style store items that has been relisting since before we modified our shipping services. That may be the reason for the high shipping charge.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:07 pm 

brute wrote:zip: 10101 to 90210

Maybe the folks in Beverly Hills find a certain exclusivity in paying high shipping prices!
:wink:

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:06 pm 

brute wrote:

Alright...  :lol: I've adjusted the prices on many of our D&D items... most of which went down in price about 10-20%.  There were a few problems with some things being way too high, and some things being too low as well, but for around 60-70% of our D&D items the prices seemed to be reasonable.

Anyways, thank you guys for your input... our D&D prices were originally entered in a little over a year ago, and not many adjustments had been made until now. These new prices should be in effect around Monday, whenever the site updates.

Unfortunately, most of the really rare items I had to leave at their current prices. Who knows, you guys might end up seeing them at GenCon or Origins auctions in 2007. Or we might send them to auction on Ebay sooner or later.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:43 pm 

COUGIE UPDATE:

Check out the 1st question at the end of this item listing:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0071145251

I emailed the seller to warn about his tactic to bid anyhow and use a U.S. address, as he stated that he would.

Just an FYI,

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:13 pm 

PM-Knight wrote:COUGIE UPDATE:

Check out the 1st question at the end of this item listing:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0071145251

I emailed the seller to warn about his tactic to bid anyhow and use a U.S. address, as he stated that he would.

Just an FYI,

I love the seller's reply, essentially, "Leave me the fuck alone".  LOL

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:28 pm 

At least he is no longer claiming to be platinum rated.

Although by the email he sent the seller it would appear that his bad press is having an effect on his ability to purchase items.  

Please pay no attention to individuals who e-mail you lying about me, my reputation or the US PS M bags, instead please report them straight away by forwarding the e-mail to Ebay via customer support. Also please check my feedback & theirs, I think you'll soon discover who is the more reputable?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:38 pm 

Although by the email he sent the seller it would appear that his bad press is having an effect on his ability to purchase items.

Strange. If it is an issue, why doesn't he just take another handle for his eBay account and work his way up again? Most people don't really care about feedback so long as you are over 30+ positives with no negatives, I would think.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:55 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
Strange. If it is an issue, why doesn't he just take another handle for his eBay account and work his way up again? Most people don't really care about feedback so long as you are over 30+ positives with no negatives, I would think.

I found.....hic.....my lyrics!
Has something to do about Trolls and bans  :?:
Found the Crown Royal too  :D

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:31 am 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:
I found.....hic.....my lyrics!
Has something to do about Trolls and bans  :?:
Found the Crown Royal too  :D

When I am in the US we definitely need to have a beer together!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:41 am 

improvstone wrote:
When I am in the US we definitely need to have a beer together!

8)

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 96 of 112123 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 110111112