Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 94 of 112123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 110111112
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:26 pm 

Well now...this should be interesting...(looking at above post)

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:33 pm 

How many times does it need to be said?  T & T are outright crooked.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:36 am 

renvhoek wrote:In answer to the below person's question.

Yes, I did buy these items from my own store

However

(a) I didn't do it to engage in "shill" bidding.  You can't "shill bid" a buy it now, you can only do that to an auction, in order to inflate the price.  These were buy-it-nows

(b) I didn't do it to "raise my feedback".  We're getting 3000+ feedback a month.  So whether positive or negative, buying items from myself to leave feedback would be a complete waste of time.  Not to mention, ebay actually only counts 1 feedback per buyer, for the % (from what I recall).  They do that to stop exactly what someone mentioned as a possibility

I did it actually to test a piece of the software we are using.  The only way to tell if part of our software works is to do a live ebay purchase, and see what the various emails or whatever I am testing look like to a live customer.  And rather than inflict some poor sap on ebay with the test, better to test on myself.  Since it cost me actual ebay listing fee $ when I test, you'll notice I bought from myself items at low value.  e.g. $0.99

p.s. eBay never mentioned anything to me about the message bcarkie sent in, so I guess they ignored it.  They probably thought it hilarious someone was accused of shill bidding on a buy it now item.

You guys are an absolute joke. Maybe I'll allow you to take advantage of my ignorance and buy one of your $16,000.00 Magic Cards. :roll: :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Maybe I need to report you again, it wouldn't be the first time that I had report someone more than once before they acted on it....

Oh and for the record, It sellers just like you is exactly the reason why we have this thread.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:00 am 

renvhoek wrote:In answer to the below person's question.

Yes, I did buy these items from my own store

However

(a) I didn't do it to engage in "shill" bidding.  You can't "shill bid" a buy it now, you can only do that to an auction, in order to inflate the price.  These were buy-it-nows

(b) I didn't do it to "raise my feedback".  We're getting 3000+ feedback a month.  So whether positive or negative, buying items from myself to leave feedback would be a complete waste of time.  Not to mention, ebay actually only counts 1 feedback per buyer, for the % (from what I recall).  They do that to stop exactly what someone mentioned as a possibility

I did it actually to test a piece of the software we are using.  The only way to tell if part of our software works is to do a live ebay purchase, and see what the various emails or whatever I am testing look like to a live customer.  And rather than inflict some poor sap on ebay with the test, better to test on myself.  Since it cost me actual ebay listing fee $ when I test, you'll notice I bought from myself items at low value.  e.g. $0.99

p.s. eBay never mentioned anything to me about the message bcarkie sent in, so I guess they ignored it.  They probably thought it hilarious someone was accused of shill bidding on a buy it now item.

Oh and by the way, if the feedback really doesn't matter, then why did you leave feedback for the transaction anyway??? Its about 3/4 of the way down the feedback page:

eBay Feedback Profile for renvhoek

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I guess that the feedback doesn't matter right.  I think that I will defintely report you again to Ebay until I get a response this time. And then when they boot all 3 of your IDs off, I will be sure to post it here too. :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:50 am 

Brian & Mike,

In a perfect world, this situation would never happen, but since it did, my potential negative feedback, as you both stated I should have done, would have been a miniscule drop in the bucket and buried on PAGE 8 of cougarrinard's feedback in a few weeks. I do not want to sound defeatist, but I was trapped and I knew it. I felt neutral was a fair assessment, as Dave clearly (as clearly as he can  :wink: ) posts his position regarding insurance, returns, and other various rantings. Granted I give everyone the benefit of the doubt, even you guys when I first made purchases, but now I know you better and feel that I can buy with complete confidence :D !!

Unfortunately, I would like to be able to re-sell some of the items I have purchased (for various reasons: condition, personal preference, duplicates, etc.) and having a 100% FB Score is a valuable tool, not to mention a pride issue. 8)

I have had a few negative experiences with a rare few sellers, but we were able to work things out via partial refunds, returns, or credits towards other purchases (if it was just a subjective condition issue). All of which made the experience a positive one and I have purchased from them again, as I now know their traits. I even had a few minor issues with Paul (Guido-the-Gypsy), but we worked them out and he has been incredibly fair, helpful, and reasonable. So I was stupid to give Cougie a second chance :oops:  and I got burned :x , but eBay should be aware of this guy's tatics, as he has to have one of the highest percentages of neutral or negative feedbacks withdrawn. I will contact them to point this out, but there needs to be more than one voice at the same time :!:

On a positive note, a seller just recently contacted me about Cougie, as I have been a good customer of his. He was contacted by Cougie about buying his items, but said that Cougie wrote his usual "blah, blah, blah" about other people's opinion of him. I gave him fair warning and told him to review this topic in this forum, which should be educational. On a related note, Cougie won an item I was bidding on a few weeks ago and the seller stipulated that she did not sell or ship international. She kept me in the loop, as I was the 2nd highest bidder and I had helped her with some additional information about the items she was selling. She contacted eBay, but Cougie then provided her with a U.S. address and she had to sell the item to him.  :evil:

Anyhow, I just chalk it up to another "Purple Worm" experience and know that I can use it to avoid those treacherous dark corners of eBay  :roll:

Lastly, for the benefit of Mike, here is the email you wanted to see:

-------------- Original message from  <[email protected]>: --------------

no problem at all.   I answer 500+ emails a day, & treble that on end of auction days.   I always try to answer everyone within 24 hours in any event.     Glad to help, good luck with the bidding.  plase dont leave it till last minute as something always happens & eachj & every week I get emials fropm snipers wehoi lmissed the end for whatever reasson (door bell, phone, boss, visitors, family, TV, once evena death in the family)

I styarted as you know when I first changed schools at age about 12.    The then 6th formers "taught" a D&D  group.  and i knew from the very first game & from  then on I was hooked.    I was just average student before that, but sudenly I was nver without a (D&D) book in my hand.    my grades rocketed and I even went on to do A levels, become a 6th former eventually myself (6th form is like a college 1, 2 or 3 years after actual school over here in UK) .     Sure it was D&D that helped, probablility, history, english, etc etc.

So then I left school, formed a rock band, but still played D&D with the people from school.    Like you say its hard,  People get married ,. move away,. jobs etc take preferance.      But I was lucky enough to be asked to save our local pub in 1990 thats was going to be closed.    My music was already as big as it could get, so the only other thing i was good at the D&D.  so I held an open event.  like a mini gen con I suppose.    I had 30 people turn up the first night.   Some knew how to play, others were just interested in learning etc.    Seems my time on stage and adverting did good.       The pub shut eventually anyway, but my then swelling in numbers group still wanted to pay D&D.  So I hired once a week a function room above another pub.      That was fine for about a year.    The landlady then said she was going to sell up so was not sure of the arrangement as she did not know who was going to buy he pub,   by that time i said it did not matter as i was in process of buying a house that would hold the D&D group.   by this time i had worked out whio the players were, who the hangers on were & who could play & who was just there for the booze.

So i boight my first house, and with the cream of the crop carried on playing, this was 1991 now.     I still have the core players from those early days.  althouigh some have gone & been replaced with customers (my D&D business really took off so I bought another hosue, twice the size of the first one which I now rent / let out as second income) ~ but marrage, kids, jobs dont have to be the end of D&D just needs sorting of the & in my present group all but 3 are married or with someone and all but the same three have kids. (so it would have been easier to say 4 are with girlfriends/ wives & have kids LOL sorry)    I do have access to more people than most as if anyone ever drops out (like last two did) I can just email my customer base and ask if theers anyone who wants to join.   

We do have quite a select group.  i been gdoing it for 30 years,  two others have 20+ years each.    one i introducede form the pub (never played it before then) so thats about 16 years,  one was a newbie customer so only a few / couple of years of play, one has been with me for a few years now but work always stopped him playing until a few years ago. & one has been playing for 16 years with other groups but came to mine as a customer a few years back.   (its harder to intergrate people who have preconseptions & other house rules into an established group)   but we all get alone.  and laugh as much as we play.    sometimes even go out as a group too.  and of course to each others weddings, birthdays, christening of baby';s etc.

I  vertually told my girlfriend that no matter what, happened i still would play D&D, and I know she knows how important it is to me.   indead i have only missed a few seesions in my whole/ entire life.   if VERY ill, at the birth of my baby girl,   when moving house & business, and when i walked half way up the UK on two ultra maravthons (thats 5 x 26 mils each way, one after the other)  ~ could not get back for D&D lol.  

I loeft the rock band & went to work for myself as fancy dress designer & hirer.  But it was too seasonal, and so gave up afetr a few years.   then went to work for UK's largest video wholesler.  Wheer i learnt real business sense.    after 10 years (trading on the side in D&D as hobby mainly to fund/ fuel my collection) the company went PLC and they changed everything was no longer a place I wanted to work for so when offered voluntary reduendacy package I took it  & put the money into D&D and have never looked back.  If I had still ben there I'd be struggling to pay off one small house mortgage, not being self employed I easily earn 5 times that,  i have a 5 bedroom house, with a pool and still own the other hosue,  indead the bank have ok'ed me to buy another hosue to rent/ let out but i am busy with baby girl at present so have placed that one hold.    & nbsp;guess what I am saying is that every cloud has a silver lining, did not reasise it at the tiem ( was bad time for me) but now its great.

To answer your question, I buy everything./ anything.  Collections, shops stock, bankrupt stock, warehosues, liquidations, car boot sales, everything.   I sort it grade it and resell it.     You may be surprised to know that I jsut finished selling off an entire collection. one of everything you see I actually had TWO of everything and it was taking up too much space.  I mioved cos it was too big then it kept growing.   so by selling off one lot I got room for more and made some money too LOL.   I sold the mint/ SW collections as i am a player and shrunk wrapped books are not much good for playing, but i still have an impressive collection.  one of everything.  including all d20 3e 3.5e oen license products ever made.

we tried 3e a few yeasr ago when it first came out, went to freeport.  was ok, the combat system is such that we end up dancing round a board like chess men, and cos of the rogues sneak attack everyone ends up iin a rarther unrealsistic conga line ~ but story lines are good.  they should be they have had 30+ years to come up with them?    shame they could not improve the combat system?       During my 30 years i have played, DMed most primes & editions,  OD&D,D&D, AD&D, AQ, DS, DL, FR, GH, KT, MA, PS, RL, SJ, 2E, 2.5E, 3E.

indead we only have BR, LM,  to go, then whatever new 3e primes come out.  they are making a few good ideas, several 1~20th level campaign dungeons/ adventures, so were not done yet & the boys always like to revuisit old adventures and of coutrse the new boys never played them?

thats is from me baby awake
more later if you want?
--Dave

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:36 am 

I thought that cougarrinard's life-in-gaming story was pretty interesting.  Thanks for posting it.

The coug-in-ator could learn better typing skills, but his story about the importance of D&D in his life is...like...truly inspiring.   :)

Too bad he's not a member here.  He would be a nice addition to the community if he was...well.......nicer.   :?

Mark  
8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:10 pm 

Hey Mark,

No problem, and for what it's worth, he could be a lot nicer and much more reasonable or fair, but he is a tough seller. I just believe that he wants it his way and that he uses the tools of eBay to his advantage and to make sure that he gets his way. Unfortunately, I will never buy from a UK seller again, due to this situation and another one from a UK seller.

As a rebuttal to Brian & Mike's recommendations, I would have to honestly say that I doubt that I have any recourse, within the letter of the law.
1.) I purchased two "VGC" items from Cougar, which he sent.
2.) They arrived late and in another package, presumably opened and then re-packaged.
3.) I had NOT purchased insurance, so even though the items were damaged, I could not prove if they were sent that way or if this occured as a result of a damaged or opened package that was re-packaged.

The only "mystery" is the fact that the package (envelope) was a plastic Royal Mail Special Delivery bag that was turned inside out with 16 British 1st Class & 1 2nd Class stamps with a postmark of 11 DEC 2006 from Portsmouth - Isle of Wight. It seems strange to me that the postmark is about three (3) days after contacting him and that I received it within seven (7) days from the time of the postmark. I may never know what really happened :?  However, the package did contain Cougar's business card 8O

If anyone out there would like to see this 'evidence', I would be happy to post images.

Thank You All,

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:17 pm 

PM-Knight wrote:Hey Mark,

No problem, and for what it's worth, he could be a lot nicer and much more reasonable or fair, but he is a tough seller. I just believe that he wants it his way and that he uses the tools of eBay to his advantage and to make sure that he gets his way. Unfortunately, I will never buy from a UK seller again, due to this situation and another one from a UK seller.

As a rebuttal to Brian & Mike's recommendations, I would have to honestly say that I doubt that I have any recourse, within the letter of the law.
1.) I purchased two "VGC" items from Cougar, which he sent.
2.) They arrived late and in another package, presumably opened and then re-packaged.
3.) I had NOT purchased insurance, so even though the items were damaged, I could not prove if they were sent that way or if this occured as a result of a damaged or opened package that was re-packaged.

The only "mystery" is the fact that the package (envelope) was a plastic Royal Mail Special Delivery bag that was turned inside out with 16 British 1st Class & 1 2nd Class stamps with a postmark of 11 DEC 2006 from Portsmouth - Isle of Wight. It seems strange to me that the postmark is about three (3) days after contacting him and that I received it within seven (7) days from the time of the postmark. I may never know what really happened :?  However, the package did contain Cougar's business card 8O

If anyone out there would like to see this 'evidence', I would be happy to post images.

Thank You All,

Sorry Paul, but once again as I stated you had an option to leave your honest neutral/negative feedback and leave it there. I don't agree with any rationale stating that well it would have been buried on page 8. So what? Your honest comments are now going to be lost completely.  I really find it odd that this guy f**cked you in just about everyway possible, then he bullies you into removing the only possible recourse that you did have and yet you are on here after complaining about it, yet you are also defending him.  Cougar f**ked you and unfortunately you let him get away with it and now others will again fall into the same same trap that you did because yourself and 53 other people let him get away with the same exact thing.  This cycle of screwing people into acting the way that Cougar wants them to act is going to continue until the people that he F**cks over stops letting him get away with it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:01 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Sorry Paul, but once again as I stated you had an option to leave your honest neutral/negative feedback and leave it there. I don't agree with any rationale stating that well it would have been buried on page 8. So what? Your honest comments are now going to be lost completely.  I really find it odd that this guy f**cked you in just about everyway possible, then he bullies you into removing the only possible recourse that you did have and yet you are on here after complaining about it, yet you are also defending him.  Cougar f**ked you and unfortunately you let him get away with it and now others will again fall into the same same trap that you did because yourself and 53 other people let him get away with the same exact thing.  This cycle of screwing people into acting the way that Cougar wants them to act is going to continue until the people that he F**cks over stops letting him get away with it.

Reminds of the the legendary GameGuy, the only guy I ever knew who actually spent a night in jail as a result of D&D ripoffs.  He literally stole money from people (taking orders for items he never had), but I heard later that people who went to his business for the purpose of beating him senseless, or went to a convention he was working to kick some ass, ended leaving with smiles on their face and commenting what a greatguy he was.  I think people want to do the "right" thing, talk tough, act tough, and want the bad guy to get his, yet when the time comes our innate senses that tell us confrontation is bad and we may get hurt take over, and we let off.  
  Paul this is by no means a slam at you, I'm not in your shoes, but you are not going to have 100% feedback forever, it's the nature of the beast. At some point a nutcase is going to demand the item three days after he paid for it, not get it and give you a neg (either my first or one of my first).  The Ebay FB system is broken, but realistically it could work if everyone did their part, which is not letting the A-holes get away with being bad sellers.  FB extortion, in the grand scheme of things, is laughable.  No one is not going to sell to you or buy from you due to the effects of a handful of negatives.  In the future, if you think you are right and the buyer/seller is wrong, and you can't work it out, don't be afraid to leave a neg, I will guarantee it doesn't hurt near as much as you think it will!  :D

BTW thanks for the Cougie Bio.  IMO, at least half of it is complete bullshit...there is not way a guy that illiterate and that much of an A-hole to customers/sellers could have accomplished any of the incredible achievements noted.  I guess being a joke of a human being is taken easier when one creates an alternative identity that one can live vicariously through...very similar to what Cougie has apparantly done. Honestly, that entire bio creeped me out to no end knowing it was mostly made up....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:05 pm 

I think the bio sounds mostly quite real.

Coug is a sloppy typist but he's good at working the system.

What part struck you as untrue?

Mark   8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:39 pm 

BTW thanks for the Cougie Bio. IMO, at least half of it is complete bullshit...there is not way a guy that illiterate and that much of an A-hole to customers/sellers could have accomplished any of the incredible achievements noted. I guess being a joke of a human being is taken easier when one creates an alternative identity that one can live vicariously through...very similar to what Cougie has apparantly done. Honestly, that entire bio creeped me out to no end knowing it was mostly made up....

Hopefully his daughter won't grow up to be a poor college student and take over part of the business.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:29 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I think the bio sounds mostly quite real.

Coug is a sloppy typist but he's good at working the system.

What part struck you as untrue?

Mark   8)

He answers "500+ emails a day", three times that (1500) on end of auction days.

Every week he gets emails from those who lost to snipers due to whatever reasons, including deaths in the family (gee, what's more important tonight, that I win this U1 module or that my dad has died?.

D&D somehow rocketed Cougie to A levels, yet he still cannot spell simple words or write a coherent sentence.

He formed a rock band (of course, all cool people form their own rock band).  And of course he uses his skills as both rock star and game promoter (running a mini Gen Con) to save the pub...sounds like a heartwarming after school special.  

I refuse to believe he ever ran a D&D group, much less as a DM, until I hear from one of his players.  Guys this stupid, cruel and major asshats besides just don't Dm for long running groups.  Not to mention he's such a DM wunderkind he has a LIST of potential players who are just begging for Cougie to let them in his wonderful D&D world, so if someone drops out all he does is email his customer base and they join up (I laughed out loud at that part).

He used his income from D&D sales to buy two houses, plus has his eye on another...

He casually works in that he's a marathoner...well, actually a ULTRA marathoner...

He worked as a fancy dress designer (?).  

He worked for the UK's largest video wholesaler (clerk at Blockbuster?)

He earns five times his salary working for himself than he did after ten years as a successful businessman...so I'm extrapolating he's saying he makes around 150-200k a year selling D&D stuff.

He has one of everything ever published for D&D, including 3rd edition (to which I have to say: "Why?")

Anyway, you get the gist.  Cougie strikes me as one of those blokes who tends to exaggerate his accomplishments/jobs/salary/life's achievements but instead of merely slightly adjusting, he goes way overboard and dials it up to 11.  So instead of just leveling with us and saying he makes a nice living selling D&D stuff, he has to tell us he is clearing 200k a year, or that instead of saying he's really busy and answers a lot of email, it's 500-1500 pieces of email a day.  He might have had three guys over once in his garage banging on guitars, in his mind he formed a rock band.  It's all crap, but I know people just like that in "real" life....they are full of their magnificent achievements and exaggerated accomplishments, as long as you don't delve too deep they seem like pretty interestng guys.  The proof is in the pudding....a guy that bullies his customers, steals from those who sell to him, posts illiterate diatribes and item descriptions, tries to market pieces of playdoh as D&D minis, the list goes on....this type of person simply isn't capable of telling the truth, end of story.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:31 pm 

Ekim Toor wrote:
Hopefully his daughter won't grow up to be a poor college student and take over part of the business.

That may be the most under-rated line of the year!!!!! :D   Look out Titan Games!!!!!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:35 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

I realize that you have a real "passion" about this guy and I can understand, but I am actually on Your Side, not his. Your passion about this issue makes your comments feel like you're berating me, which maybe you are. Good thing I don't get worked-up too easily :wink:

The long & the short of it is this:
1.) I bid, won, paid for, and received the items.
2.) Item conditions were not as advertised, but due to re-packaging (UK Post?) and no insurance, my recourse was minimal.
3.) I left a Neutral rating with an honest description (w/in allowed space), but seller bullied me with Negative FB and then used the Mutual Withdraw to his advantage, which I was not aware of how all that worked until now.

Yes, I wussed (sp?) out from the effect of the Neg FB and I should have stood my ground. It was a $43.25 lesson and I apologize for my novice mistake, but on a Positive note, my feedback has prompted a seller to contact me about Cougie, who wanted to bid on his stuff, even though he does not sell to International Bidders. I warned him that another seller was told by eBay to consummate the sale with Cougie, as he provided a U.S. address after she contacted eBay saying that she clearly stated in her listing that she would not ship international. Here is what the seller emailed me: "Since his reputation proceeds him, I politely told him that I do not accept international bidders and thanked him for his interest. I thought this would be better than calling him a slimeball."

So, even though I wussed out, I would like to think that I at least helped out one person and maybe more.

Why can't we collectively complain to eBay and point out to them his penchant for using Mutually Withdraw FB and to look at their own data to prove it. Isn't he violating their Feedback Abuse, Withdrawal and Removal policies? :x ? By the way, I did go back to the FB and saw that I could make a Follow-Up response to his Reply, so here it is: "Partial refund offer, left Neutral FB, hit w/ Negative & then Mutually W/drew!!" I hope this helps to make a little bit of difference and helps some other would be bidders  :)

Take care one and all and I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas :D

[email protected]

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:03 pm 

Badmike wrote:
He earns five times his salary working for himself than he did after ten years as a successful businessman...so I'm extrapolating he's saying he makes around 150-200k a year selling D&D stuff.

Mike B.

PM-Knight wrote:
Clip from Cougie's email to PM-Knight,

Wheer i learnt real business sense. after 10 years (trading on the side in D&D as hobby mainly to fund/ fuel my collection) the company went PLC and they changed everything was no longer a place I wanted to work for so when offered voluntary reduendacy package I took it & put the money into D&D and have never looked back. If I had still ben there I'd be struggling to pay off one small house mortgage, not being self employed I easily earn 5 times that, i have a 5 bedroom house, with a pool and still own the other hosue, indead the bank have ok'ed me to buy another hosue to rent/ let out but i am busy with baby girl at present so have placed that one hold. & nbsp;guess what I am saying is that every cloud has a silver lining, did not reasise it at the tiem ( was bad time for me) but now its great.

PM-Knight

I'm sure that the European equivalent of the IRS would just love to look over his tax returns for the past decade after that assessment. :twisted:

Hey PM-Knight,
Did that Kender bmp work out for the AD&D MC 4 Dragonlance Monstrous Compendium that you won from me (zeuserpuppers)?

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:02 am 

Let's see . . . answers 500-1500 e-mails a day, averages 30-35 items sold per day EVERY DAY (including Sundays and holidays), must package each item, plus take them to post office, plus purchase mailing materials (envelopes, tape, stamps, etc.--regardless of quality, he STILL has to buy the packaging), address and take them to post office(s), then post at least 30-35 new items PER DAY. . . all while training for ultra marathons (that's a 100+-mile footrace!!), and in no particular order being in a rock band, designing, D&D gaming, having a kid, having a girlfriend, owning a house or two or three,  "buying/collectiing" other things, being sick, etc.

All while not having a spell-check on his computer . . .  :?:  :?:

Hmmm . . . . . . Sorry, I don't buy it unless he has a LOT of help; how long would it take anyone here to answer 500 e-mails a day--not just erase the spam e-mails one gets in their inboxes?

Shall I go get my deed to the swampland--50 acres in Florida or 250 acres in Arizona--or sell him London Bridge? :lol:

DISCLOSURE:  Yes, I did buy from Cougar a while ago and did NOT have any problems--got what I bid on as described pretty quick (given it was overseas . . . AND after I forgot I was bidding in GBPounds instead of US$ plus forgetting it was a box set and not one or two modules!! :oops: ).

Last edited by sleepyCO on Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:02 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:Hey PM-Knight,
Did that Kender bmp work out for the AD&D MC 4 Dragonlance Monstrous Compendium that you won from me (zeuserpuppers)?

Hey Kosh,

Funny that you mention that, as I was just bagging & boarding my MC purchases, including your MC4. Yes, the Kender bmp worked out just fine, but I have to cut the paper so that it matches the other pages. I know that these MC are not a favorite of collectors and I agree they do not last well, but I have kept mine in their original sleeves, so I know where to find what I want. I actually use them to have separate sheets for monsters when I create an adventure, as they are a handy tool, nothing more.

Take care,

[email protected]

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:20 pm 

One explanation for cougie owning three houses.....

He inherited them.

Rich kids often mistake inherited wealth for personal merit.

One recent example:

Q:  Isn't it amazing that Lamar Hunt helped found the AFL when he was only 28?  I mean, wow!

A:  No.  He inherited a huge fortune from his oil tycoon father and he was born already owning half the streets on the Monopoly board, with hotels already built on them.

Probably, Cougie's game sales help him keep up the taxes on the houses.

Mark  8)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 94 of 112123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 110111112