Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 91 of 112123 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 110111112
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:48 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:
That is an extremely polite way of saying that it reeks that somebody would sign up to The Acaeum and for their first posts start defending a shady dealer.  :lol:

JasonW

Strange though that the person's second post would be to the "Introduce Yourself" thread.  Why bother?

I love a good conspiracy.  8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:45 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Why bother?

If someone's dumb enough to think they're going to make any difference by defending such an obvious pile of crap, then I guess they're dumb enough to think that posting in that thread will lend them credibility.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:04 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:

If someone's dumb enough to think they're going to make any difference by defending such an obvious pile of crap, then I guess they're dumb enough to think that posting in that thread will lend them credibility.

Oh don't worry about it.  The point is moot now:

Myspace

Seems one Dayecon is originally from Greenbelt, Maryland, the exact same place his defender is from. :roll:   So either we are dealing with Dayecon himself or we are dealing with a family member/good friend on here looking to defend him.  I suspect that we are actually dealing with dayecon himself, as he quite familiar with this site:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

If for reason the Myspace Link changes, its no matter, I have pictures now. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:25 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Oh don't worry about it.  The point is moot now:

Myspace

Damn, the guy's impugning a good name, too!  :x

Let mirth prevail!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:59 pm 

Oh, it's dayecon (or a friend/family member) for sure — no doubt at all. BC's research just confirmed what I think we all felt the first time we read the patented "Hey, He's A Really Good Guy" defense. Like we've never seen that one before ... :roll:

It's a desperate — and fairly transparent — attempt to re-build a bridge to the Acaeum, which is home to some very serious collectors with some fairly deep pockets. Dayecon is realizing that he's literally taking money out of his own pocket by alienating the entire community here.

In closing, I have apiece of advice, dayecon: just use a reserve price. Oh, and don't bother with "lost in the mail." That excuse is strictly 1979, bro — it doesn't hold up in the age of tracking and barcodes, etc.

+++++

GraysonAC wrote:Want to know how many have been lost?

The only items I've ever lost were to Brazil and Italy, ever. That's in around 3 years of shipping. The vast majority of folks here have exactly the same experience.

True dat. I've had one item go missing since the summer of 1998, and (as I've mentioned elsewhere) I have reason to believe that that particular buyer was actually lying.

+++++

edited to change "1978" to "1998." I don't remember being on eBay in 1978 ... :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:26 pm 

Want to know how many have been lost?

The only items I've ever lost were to Brazil and Italy, ever. That's in around 3 years of shipping. The vast majority of folks here have exactly the same experience.

I've never had a domestic shipment lost.  On the other hand I've had 6 or so purchases that were 'lost in the mail'.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:38 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:
True dat. I've had one item go missing since the summer of 1998, and (as I've mentioned elsewhere) I have reason to believe that that particular buyer was actually lying.

+++++

edited to change "1978" to "1998." I don't remember being on eBay in 1978 ... :)

Those were back in the "time travelling" days :D
Is it smokey in here or what...cough! :mrgreen:

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:24 pm 

Well at least we know know for sure who pulled the rug out from everyone on the James Binks auctions and surprisingly enough its the exact person that I figured that it was.  I knew it was only a matter of time before they showed up:

eBay listings

I guess we were going to try and sneak this one in huh?

And yes in case anyone wants to see the pictures that I save from the james Binks auctions as proof, I will happily post them as they are currently saved on my hard drive.

Anyone want to come and try and defend this one???  Any respect that I had for them is now loooonnnggg gone.  Since I know that they still read the forum, You should be ashamed of yourself!  :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:29 am 

You know on second thought, I'm not even waiting for someone to ask, I am posting them. James Binks auction pictures:

Monkey God Curse

Warlock's Tower

The Complete Warlock

Simply amazing how they look exactly like the photos in those auctions.  Let me guess, its another f**king coincidence just like the ST1 was right.  Some pillar of the community there, huh? Give me a f**king break.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:36 am 

I'm confused, BC ... could you give us slower folks a quick recap? What's the issue here?

Man, I don't know how you keep all this stuff straight, either ... :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:39 am 

What's the issue here?

I agree  :?

Mike

Therapy-level collector

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:44 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:I'm confused, BC ... could you give us slower folks a quick recap? What's the issue here?

Man, I don't know how you keep all this stuff straight, either ... :)

I dont know if you remember this as this may have been during one of your absenses.  See here in the old "interesting Items thread starting from my post in bold lettering and work you way down after it. From there on you should get the pre-story as to what originally happened:

Interesting Items Formerly on eBay

Needless to say, I had my suspicions as to who actually pulled the rug on on 60+ auctions a day after a seller had them up with many many bids on them.  So, since I knew it was only a matter of time bofore at least some of these items showed up again, I save every single picture from every single auction that the seller James Binks had up. So tonight as I troll through Ebay I found our old friend TFM's seller ID selling some of the exact same items that had bids cancelled on them to sell out to a buy it know. You remeber TFM, right, the guy who cried and took his ball home because he goy caught in another lie about an ST1 that he had listed, stating that he wasn't lying and how dare anyone impugn his integrity like that. :roll:  Well, it just goes to show what kind of integrity that he had.  The saddest part of it all is that David took a ton of heat despite the damning evidence that he presented in the form of multiple photos showing that he was right.

Oh and for reference here is the TFM flameout:

Lessons learned. Foul, Please lock this thread :)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:48 am 

bclarkie wrote:Oh and for reference here is the TFM flameout:

Lessons learned. Foul, Please lock this thread :)

Ah ... now that one I remember. I knew that that eBay ID sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it.

Okay, thanks for the update.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:43 am 

Brian (and everyone else),

I don't want to get too involved with this subject, but I hope I have the respect of everyone here, so they they will listen when I say that this is NOT a big deal.

First off, tfm is a very good friend of mine - I vouch 100% for his character and integrity.

Secondly - he was the first to find the James Binks auctions and made an offer on everything before anyone had placed a bid.  tfm has told me (and I believe) that he would never offer a "Buy Out" price on auctions with bids on them.  Of course, the morality of this has been debated at length on these boards, but I suspect that almost every one of us has made an off-ebay Buy it Now offer for items at one time or another.

Keeping this in mind - I don't know exactly what the offered price was . . . but in view of tfm's track record, I suspect that it was more than the seller was likely to get  . . . .  or, at least, equal.  In any case, James accepted the offer, cancelled bids (which came later in the day) and . . . there you go.

So there is nothing Shady going on here . . . unless you think that making a private offer on ebay items with no bids is Shady.  If you do, then I think that 90% of the Acaeum can be put on this thread.  You can start with my name.

(For what it's worth, tfm has been completely absent from the Acaeum since he left and has never checked back in.  And, he also wasn't trying to "sneak" them in and was aware that listing them would cause a ruckus.)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:50 am 

Paul,

My quarrel isn't with so my post isn't directed towards you.  I know that you have become friendly in the past with him and so I can understand your feelings.  You were the only reason why I was reluctant to post on this in the first place, as I knew that this was going to happen.  That said, if Kynan is such a great guy, then why is he leaving you here to take the heat for him? Whether or not he actually asked you to speak up for him doesn't mean that he wasn't aware that would do so anyway, as that's the kind of person that you are. You yourself just said that he knew that he was going to take shit for listing those auctions, if that is the case, then why has he left you here to take his shit?  I suspect you value his friendship a hell of a lot more that he values yours, because if he did, he wouldn't be leaving you here to take all the shit that he has caused.

Moving on to the matter at hand though, as noted previously, I don't have a problem with asking a seller for a BIN on a single auction. However, if there is already bids on an auction when you ask or if bids come in before you can complete the transaction, then having the seller cancel any bids is flat out bull shit. Combining that in conjunction with the fact that he did so for 60+ auctions just compounds the problem 10 fold.  I could care less about the POS seller, these douche bags come and they go.  The part that absolutely kills me is that this person, who less 6 months ago stormed off in a huff because someone one from the community had the audacity to question his honesty and integrity because of his standing in the community and went turned around proved those who doubted his word 100% correct. He screwed over many people of this board when he did so, the people that he claimed the moral high ground on.

In regards to the price that the seller was paid for the items, I don't believe for one second that he got a better deal than he would have if he let the items run to term. That is just silly.  If that was the case why even bother asking for the BIN in the first place?  Was he in a rush to get all 60+ of those items, because he was giving them away for a birthday? As evidenced by the fact that he freaking selling them now says quite differently.  Also, when I spoke with the seller and through out the $3000, the seller almost sh*t his pants in his follow up email to me because it was that much higher than the offer that he had already received.  Considering that there were folks around who thought that his auctions had a chance to come close to doubling that, says everything that needs to be said about whether or not the seller just sold out to the best deal possible or not.

Like I said, though Paul, my fight isn't with you, so please don't take what I am writing as being against you.  If Kynan had any balls or any integrity at all for that matter he would be here himself fighting his own fight.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:04 am 

After looking again at this, which is the ST1 that was pulled down because of questions of provenance and frankensteinization:

Can anyone tell me whether the ST1 I bought from Paul's Jeff Perren benefit auction might be the same one?  Here's mine:

Also, the interior shot tfm posted before leaving the forums:

vs. the one I bought:

Any thoughts?

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:10 am 

Stephen,
Looking at the scans, they appear to be different copies.  A couple of the stress marks appear to be angling in different directions on your copy versus the disputed one.  Also, the staples look different in the two scans as well.  Additionally, there seems to be some chips in the cover on TFM's scan that do not appear to be on your copy and the damage at the bottom left hand corner of the front cover seems to be worse on TFMs versus yours. Just my $.02. :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:28 am 

I agree with BTB on this one:

I don't want to get too involved with this subject, but I hope I have the respect of everyone here, so they they will listen when I say that this is NOT a big deal.

First off, tfm is a very good friend of mine - I vouch 100% for his character and integrity.

Secondly - he was the first to find the James Binks auctions and made an offer on everything before anyone had placed a bid.  tfm has told me (and I believe) that he would never offer a "Buy Out" price on auctions with bids on them.  Of course, the morality of this has been debated at length on these boards, but I suspect that almost every one of us has made an off-ebay Buy it Now offer for items at one time or another.

Keeping this in mind - I don't know exactly what the offered price was . . . but in view of tfm's track record, I suspect that it was more than the seller was likely to get  . . . .  or, at least, equal.  In any case, James accepted the offer, cancelled bids (which came later in the day) and . . . there you go.

So there is nothing Shady going on here . . . unless you think that making a private offer on ebay items with no bids is Shady.  If you do, then I think that 90% of the Acaeum can be put on this thread.  You can start with my name.

(For what it's worth, tfm has been completely absent from the Acaeum since he left and has never checked back in.  And, he also wasn't trying to "sneak" them in and was aware that listing them would cause a ruckus.)

But if you want to continue to drive away members new and old have at it.

Mike

Therapy-level collector

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 91 of 112123 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 110111112