Shady dealers of the past
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 90 of 112123 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:09 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
And I thought that smell was coming from Badmike.... :twisted: .  I think every forum has at least one troll.  It's inevitable.  Dumbasses with way too much time on their hands.

Smell can't be coming from me...I just had a shower on Monday....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:55 pm 

bclarkie, in case you're talking to me, I apologize coming off that way.

I'm certainly no expert collector, but I am a fairly enthusiastic one. I recently bid the most i ever have for any ebay item on one of your auctions due to your good reputation here... if you'd like to PM me that's great, i've got about 5 things on my top list of items to get.

Steve Bruton

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:24 pm 

brute wrote:bclarkie, in case you're talking to me, I apologize coming off that way.

I'm certainly no expert collector, but I am a fairly enthusiastic one. I recently bid the most i ever have for any ebay item on one of your auctions due to your good reputation here... if you'd like to PM me that's great, i've got about 5 things on my top list of items to get.

Steve Bruton

Hi Brute, I wasn't refering to you at all.  I was refering to our newest member. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:28 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Hi Brute, I wasn't refering to you at all.  I was refering to our newest member. :)

As of which date?

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:44 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Cool  8)

Cheers

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:15 pm 

bombadil wrote:
As of which date?

I am referring to the poster who's first ever post here contained BBCode and yet had BBCode turned off in it.

I am referring to the poster who's 1st line of thier first ever post here claimed:

a nickname I earned because of my great typing and spelling...)

I mean for one who says that? On top of that, if you were so arrogant as to actually type such a thing, don't you think that you in your second ever post here, that you wouldn't have at least 4 mispellings/typos in it(and that was just at a quick glance).  

I am referring to an individual who's fourth ever post here slammed the designers of the game that we collect here.

I am referring to an individual who came to a 1st edition Collectors site(not even a gaming site), looking to network with people to write something for D20? Then to top that off, the moment someone asked them about what they were trying to do, they became immediately defensive and pushed them away like they were trying to move in on thier territory.  If you are trying to network, don't you think that you might be bit more receptive to questions from those that you are supposedly here looking for help from?  People who are serious about writing for RPGs are dying looking for help and will jump at the chance as to anyone who even conveys an interest in helping out.  Go look over on DF or even our very own James Mishler here and see how they respond to requests by people to help them out.

Nah, something just doesn't seem right here.......

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:47 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Anyone introducing themselves as a writer, and then rambling on in a barely-coherent blather is going to find a remarkably cool reception wherever he goes.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:24 pm 

Hi Brute, I wasn't refering to you at all.  I was refering to our newest member.

Is there a mute button on this thing?  If we don't encourage it maybe it will go away?

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:24 am 

napoleonsdad wrote:Thanks guys for updating me on Dayecon.  Now I'm 100% certain he is a schmuk instead of the 99.9% certainty I had before.  Funny though he had a 100% FB rating.  Of course most people probably let it go when the item gets "lost" in the mail.  Only in the ebay world do domestic packages get lost that's why I pushed for the dleivery confirmation.  I paid for it too so I figured I was entitled to it.  He might want to buy a copy of the Guide to Hell because he's going to need it where he's going.

You guys are way harsh on this guy. I've ordered from Dayecon three separate times and never have I had a problem. I won an auction of 24 modules that he put up for a super price, I honestly felt bad because the bids were so low. He sent it to me in record time. I suspect he probably had a problem with it actually being lost since if he was going to stiff someone he would've did it to me. The auction went for only $50.00 and should've been closer to three or four hundred. I also got three supermodules in near mint condition from him for great prices. He even sold me a fourth during a private auction. The guy's honest and I recommend him to my friends. Assuming the worst in people is a rotten way to deal with things.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:36 am 

Right, we're harsh on a guy that magically loses several auctions worth of items. :roll:  I've shipped hundreds upon hundreds of items to the US and Canada. Want to know how many have been lost?

The only items I've ever lost were to Brazil and Italy, ever. That's in around 3 years of shipping. The vast majority of folks here have exactly the same experience.

Dayecon is a thief, plain and simple. Both Napoleonsdad and I won items that we never received from him (me 2 RPGA modules, him a bunch of supermodules). Fortunately, we both got refunds. I guess for $432, he figures he'll risk trying to get away with keeping the money this time.

But hey, obviously the 2-post new guy knows better. I mean, there's no chance at all that he'd be Dayecon or a friend of his posting for him, right?

Nooooooo...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:08 am 

GraysonAC wrote:But hey, obviously the 2-post new guy knows better. I mean, there's no chance at all that he'd be Dayecon or a friend of his posting for him, right?

Let's not make this about post counts.  I don't want to hand killjoy that much power! :)

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:47 am 

Everyone start posting single "smiles", "laughs", "winks", "sighs" etc to boost numbers again.......must..... catch ..... Al...   :D  :lol:  :wink:  :roll:

(j/k):wink:

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:53 am 

Yeah, the "draco76" approach.

ROTFLOLLMAO!!!

:lol:

8)

:|

etc., all in individual posts, of course.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:13 am 

Ahlaerian wrote:
You guys are way harsh on this guy. I've ordered from Dayecon three separate times and never have I had a problem. I won an auction of 24 modules that he put up for a super price, I honestly felt bad because the bids were so low. He sent it to me in record time. I suspect he probably had a problem with it actually being lost since if he was going to stiff someone he would've did it to me. The auction went for only $50.00 and should've been closer to three or four hundred. I also got three supermodules in near mint condition from him for great prices. He even sold me a fourth during a private auction. The guy's honest and I recommend him to my friends. Assuming the worst in people is a rotten way to deal with things.

Hi there, Just because someone didn't steal from you does not mean he hasn't stole from others. Secondly, out of curiosity when did you win these auctions from dayecon and what is your Ebay ID, I am quite curious. :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:24 am 

Regarding Dayecon:

The guy's honest and I recommend him to my friends. Assuming the worst in people is a rotten way to deal with things.

First, you are right, assuming the worst in people IS a rotten way to deal with things.  But there may be a little more to this story than you know.  When I paid for this auction I bought the insurance and delivery confirmation.  This item is shipping from Spokane, WA to Boise, ID, about 8 hours away.

After about 7 days after he notified me of it being shipped I emailed him and said that it had not arrived.  He was amicable but he thought there was a delivery problem.  He also mentioned that he had the delivery confirmation and would send me the number if I requested it.

I emailed back and asked for the confirmation number.  After 4 days of hearing nothing I asked again.  This time he emailed back and was less than amicable and stated, "I'll see if I can't dig it out and get it to you."

Another several days pass and still nothing.  By now I have red flags hitting me in the face.  So to protect my interest in the matter I went ahead and filed a claim.  Once he learned of the claim he sent me a flippant reply.  Among the many ignorant things he stated was he didn't feel "comfortable" sending me the information and wanted an intermediary involved.  Apparently he didn't send the intermediary the confirmation either because 10 days later I had the refund.

If Dayecon was being truthful what reason could he possibly have to withhold the delivery confirmation?  And we have other people here that have experienced similiar behavior with Dayecon.  I'll speak for myself but the "lost in mail" scenario just doesn't cut it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:34 am 

Ahlaerian wrote:

A good seller will do everything in their power to fix a problem.  If napoleonsdad asked for the confirmation number and dayecon wouldnt give it to him then obviously dayecon was withholding something.  This thread is called "Shady Dealers" because it implies a seller isnt being 100% truthful in their dealings with people.  Just because we post someone's Ebay handle here doesnt mean that they are evil, child-molesting, wife-beating, terrorists who pee in the company coffee pot...it just means that there is something odd going on with a particular seller and that people ought to be careful when dealing with them.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:08 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Hi there, Just because someone didn't steal from you does not mean he hasn't stole from others. Secondly, out of curiosity when did you win these auctions from dayecon and what is your Ebay ID, I am quite curious. :)

That is an extremely polite way of saying that it reeks that somebody would sign up to The Acaeum and for their first posts start defending a shady dealer.  :lol:

JasonW

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:20 am 

jasonw1239 wrote:
That is an extremely polite way of saying that it reeks that somebody would sign up to The Acaeum and for their first posts start defending a shady dealer.  :lol:

JasonW

Well, I am already pretty certain what the answer is going to be, but I figured that I would ask first before assuming.  I will tell you that I checked dayecon's feedback and this individual who is now posting on his behalf doesn't appear. :?   Dayecon's selling history on Ebay goes back to March of 2006. I checked where every buyer in his feedback was from starting from the March of 2006 point and only two of them where from Maryland.   Then, I checked the 6 total auctions that those 2 buyers won combined, of which 4 of the 6 were for miniatures.  Unfortunately, for some reason 2 of those six auctions are not appearing in Ebay's database. :?   That said, the good news is that the buyer on those two auctions not appearing in Ebay's database clearly marked in thier feedback:

"Excellent miniatures all delivered in great condition. Thanks."

Unless this person is in the habit of leaving feedback about miniatures for auctions that don't contain them, then something just doesn't seem to be adding up here.....

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 90 of 112123 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 110111112